test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    zak0024zak0024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so heres a funny idea does anyone actually know what the cat issue is. I mean what were the exploiters doing to make this kindof profit I read all over the forums but cant find anything saying what the exploit actually was. anyone have the answer ?
  • Options
    luvvyyyluvvyyy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know this might sound silly but where can I find out how to craft? I have NO clue how to craft nor how to find out how to do it. any clues appreciated.
  • Options
    omidawnomidawn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played in another PWI game that got trashed because of people exploiting the economy. I left the game and didn't go back to it. If the 'virtual' economy isn't stable the game is hosed for everyone. That is true even if it hasn't impacted you YET. The virtual economy can only flux a certain amount before it breaks. The flux is good for people to become rich in game by being good merchants. A broken economy is bad for everyone. Getting rich and flooding the market by exploiting cheats destroys everyone else's ability to buy and sell their goods as needed. I report spam on anyone I see selling resources outside of the game. Everyone should. No one should use those vendors if they care anything about keeping the game playable.
  • Options
    riotdrakeriotdrake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't read fast enough to keep up with the posts..

I believe after the exploits are fixed, the economy will fix itself.. /shrug
  • Options
    mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there was even a vid on youtube explaining the ah exploit

rofl
  • Options
    mijashimijashi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe the AH to reset the economy.
  • Options
    mungo112mungo112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    salprosalpro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hendrixfox wrote: »
    That's another problem--any other game, they'd have server status on the front page of the web site, rather than make us go looking at the Twits (yes, I know the supposed name is 'Tweets'--but have you read this stuff? Twittering Twits fits a lot better.) At the very least, have the web-monkey put a repeater of the Twitter feed on the main page. If multiple webcomic artists can manage that, I'm sure a so-called professional can as well.

Server status is on the top left of the launcher. My gripe is that I get limited time to play, I work during the week, Sunday afternoon is prime time. Please just fix the bug, ban the exploiters later. lets get the servers back up plz.....
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    What is with all the requests for a complete wipe? And before you get too flame stating why you support a complete wipe, just know that it will never happen. But seriously why the cry out for a wipe? And the whole "reset the economy" I don't understand...its been **** since day one?
  • Options
    ronochronoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but here we go....

1) I very, very rarely comment on forums anymore. I've played most every major MMO since Ultima Online, and there's a reason that I now mostly solo until I can't any longer, and then move on. I honestly can't stand dealing with other people. That's what real life is for, and I play games to unwind from that. Not targeted at you, but just a little personal background.

2) I'll admit, I've only been playing for two days, on a free beta key, and haven't spent any money on the game yet. My understanding is that the game is in beta and I was waiting to drop my 200$ on the drow pack once I determined if I liked it. I'm currently level 16 with the only character I have built. Based on my experience so far, I'll most likely spend the cash in the next week or two.

3) Up to this point, and I speak as someone who had a rare three hours of uninterrupted game time lost (Servers dropped just as I was finishing Cloak Tower; boss was literally at less than 3% life), I have experienced only one glitch in a quest. I forget the name of it, but it was, I think, with Denelaith (sp?) not following me out of the sewers. After a restart, I ran back through, and it worked perfectly. I have beta'ed over a dozen games, and this is the most polished one I've ever seen. Granted, I've not come very far compared to the rest of you, but I'm a casual player. I'm a representative of the target demographic that, in our silent majority, pays the way for the games the power-gamer enjoys. Your hyperbole is a reaction of your current frustration, and I understand that, but I feel it does little to forward the positive progress of this game.

4) This is just a point for others out there that I have read in my lurking on these forums. I, and the hundreds of thousands like me, who have no compunction to post on these forums, or use the AH, or spend money (for now) on Zen or AD, are waiting to see how things unfold. I honestly don't care about the state of the "virtual economy". I use what my character can find. I care more about storyline and playability than some perceived advantage. Does another character have more money or equipment than I? I don't care. Let them enjoy it, as long as I can enjoy the game in my own right. I maxxed out on DDO at 14th level. Did I reach the max level? No. Did I have the awesome gear that someone else had? No. Did I enjoy the 3+ years I played the game? Absolutely! Maybe...just maybe...it's time for MMO players to stop comparing playstyles, gear, builds, and accomplishments, and learn to enjoy the experience. I've never been in a large guild, never had the best stuff, and in only one game have I achieved max level, but I love these games because they give me never-ending content. I used to have to pay monthly for that, and was glad to do it. Now I only pay for what I want. I have no room to complain. Do any of you? Really?

Flame away.

Lol you need to go play a single player game sir. You are obviously not competitive which is all MMOs are about, spending money/ time etc to be the best and ofc having fun. If everyone thought/played like you then they would have no game.
  • Options
    aerong1aerong1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hope the server come up soon, i wanna play some epics XD,
    Developers, if you read this, i want to thank you for your job, i understand the game is in beta and there are a lot of bugs, like in epic caverns of karrundax droping seal of the pegasus instead of drake, or boss fights where the adds dont stop spawning even when the boss is death.
    Just wish to see the following:
    Raids
    New kind of PvP (arenas, mode, etc)
    Puzzles in the dungeons, like the real DnD dungeons.
    Bosses fights where you actually dont need to fight more than adds and solve a puzzle at the same time to complete the dungeon or raid.
    Extraplanar adventures
    The story is really cool, AWESOME, but could be better (i mean, i want to feel like part of the story and not just another adventurer)
    Deadly traps that need the job of a rogue to pass through them
    With more deadly traps you should give the rogue the ability to disarm traps even in the middle of the fight
    I know you are going to introduce more classes but i say the next because i want some classes in particular (Warlock, Favored soul, Druid, Shaman, Monk, Sorcerer, barbarian, and if possible the artificer from the stormreach campaing).

And for the ppl who read this, if you are not a developer copy and paste this in other forums, facebook or something.
  • Options
    dawgpounddudedawgpounddude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mijashi wrote: »
    Wipe the AH to reset the economy.

There ya go. Don't screw the people over who's time is limited. Like me. And I just started playing this 2 days ago...
  • Options
    nuncainvernonuncainverno Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cats.png
  • Options
    headlessroosterheadlessrooster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Generating AD in the auction house is akin to counterfeiting, as AD is tied to Zen, which is tied to real money. Let the devs hash it out and hope for the best. It'd be nice if they threw us a bone for the hassle, maybe a "shareholder" percentage of the AD confiscated. Wouldn't take currency out of the economy wrecking the market, but would redistribute that currency through a broad enough base that it wouldn't have much of an effect, positive or negative.
  • Options
    gozerthegozariangozerthegozarian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure where the issue lies, but here is what I do know. Either post updated info, with updated wait times, etc. or don't post at all. I don't give two craps that you are updating every 30 min. I can do that do as I sit here and press refresh. Roll back the server and nuke the AH and take it (the AH) offline in the mean time. If that isn't possible, then this game shouldn't be in oben beta. I shouldn't have to wait for an AH fix even though im lvl 20 and have yet to use the **** thing.
  • Options
    moriaelini9moriaelini9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    Problem solved !

catspv.png

*note to self...make kitten bandolier ASAP*
  • Options
    zaruch2013zaruch2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HM every dey new bugs/exploits - economy in this game it is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - PW lost all users for next weeks
  • Options
    zodal85zodal85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have to agree with Salpro
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zak0024 wrote: »
    so heres a funny idea does anyone actually know what the cat issue is. I mean what were the exploiters doing to make this kindof profit I read all over the forums but cant find anything saying what the exploit actually was. anyone have the answer ?

Exploiters found a way to make negative bids in the AH that gave them Astral Diamonds instead of taking them. Literally creating money out of thin air. Then they bought up all the zen that players had put up for sale and anything worth while in the AH. Some started giving away cats. Others say the cat thing was a way to launder the illicit Astral Diamonds onto mules.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    galatheraliengalatheralien Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    briseda wrote: »
    You can play with me and we can be educated adults gaming together. lol

I would love to....if you can handle my occasional need to pause for 2-3 minutes, erratic gaming schedule, limited gaming time, and unwillingness to blow through content. I'm a smoker (who won't smoke in my home, although I own it), married with four children, own three businesses, am in the Army National Guard (so may be deployed for disaster relief or war), and a game completionist. Other than that, I'm a joy to group with. :)
  • Options
    moriaelini9moriaelini9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    briseda wrote: »
    Neverwinter's first public bromance.

'cept I am a chick :P
  • Options
    sykotikkytensykotikkyten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys should really be following twitter. A lot of your questions are being answered there.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • Options
    nicbec63nicbec63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm ok with a reset if they did something like give us a week of +50% xp and currency gain. That would help us get back to normal faster and make up for the double AD weekend.
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    There ya go. Don't screw the people over who's time is limited. Like me. And I just started playing this 2 days ago...
    i have 3 60's and only get to play about 3 hours a day it not hard to level so if they do a complete wipe ...which they should .....its easy as F@#$ to level
  • Options
    singedkittysingedkitty Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zak0024 wrote: »

You could use gateway to post AH items for negative diamonds. The buyer received both the item and that number of diamonds.
  • Options
    soth007soth007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

post from a previous exploiter about getting a mild slap on the wrist. sold astral diamonds to selling sites for over $6000
  • Options
    magnabravmagnabrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... no more Zen purchases for me!
  • Options
    kattara1kattara1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened? what kind of bug?
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The game and the economy are intertwined. They can't reset one without dramatically impacting the other.