test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well normally i am not for full wipes, i hate them.

But this got so out off hand, we need a full wipe.
    Even if i dont like it, so feels free to do so.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 lvl 60's all epics and I earned every single ad legit for my bags, keys, respec's and other goodies. I'm for a full wipe because these exploiters will still have tons of ad or cats stashed. No new server. These need purged and again why let the exploiters carry on?
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Don't ban their accounts, just imprison their characters on Guitmowinter Island.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like almost 3/4 of the people want a complete wipe.
    Let's do it.

Anyone who used real cash to buy zen keeps that zen, all other zen goes away.

It is a Beta. This was a disaster. Because it's not a launch it can be fixed. Why not?
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nicomadox wrote: »
    why not just wipe all items / currency and leave the characters and professions intact?
    another solution is to bring up a new shard and those pple who want to start fresh in a new server without any doubt of corruption can go there.

Professions are corrupt from exploiters using the ad to power lvl em is why.
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    2 lvl 60's all epics and I earned every single ad legit for my bags, keys, respec's and other goodies. I'm for a full wipe because these exploiters will still have tons of ad or cats stashed. No new server. These need purged and again why let the exploiters carry on?
    I did too..and that's very commendable..but I feel as if I would be paying for someone elses mistakes and crimes.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be all for a new shard with a fresh start for those of us that wish to go but they have said that eventually all the shards will become one shard in the end :(
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Ban everyone involved. Hunt down and kill the extra AD.

This is what I personally favour, always choose the lesser of two evils.
  • rhinoqrhinoq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I'm only a casual gamer, and I can understand the frustration hard core power gamers would have losing all the work they put into (multiple) level 60 characters, with the extent of this and other exploits the only real solution at this point is a full wipe. This is an amazing game, I had a blast leveling my cleric and I'll have a blast doing it again.
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I would be all for a new shard with a fresh start for those of us that wish to go but they have said that eventually all the shards will become one shard in the end :(

All your shard are belongs to us.
  • armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    So, anyone who used this bug till yesterday wont be banned if there will be no wipe. Ridiculous.
    Now i can build same fort with my 200k AD.
    Money_Fort.jpg
  • x5hadesx5hades Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe of all items and currencies keep levels. Give everyone enough AD and Gold to buy store brought Amour and Weapons. Refund all real money ZEN.

Move on.
  • mortavius1mortavius1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would agree with a wipe but with two conditions:

1.) We retain what we purchased with Zen or have it fully refunded as Zen if that cannot be done easily.

2.) We get ONE (and only one) item of OUR CHOICE from the Zen Store (I've had my eye on the Honey Badger, personally). Or a choice between a special edition purple pet, purple bag, purple mount, or purple weapon.

If those conditions were met, I would be more than happy to have my near end game characters wiped.
  • b14ck80xb14ck80x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    Bring on the wipe, but leave the bans in place.

Ditto, they have already had a chance once and proven themselves to be rotten apples trying to spoil the bunch. Complete wipe but help them to understand their obligations to their social contracts and punish the exploiters permanently ... If only so the next game they play they understand it is a privilege to share their experiences with others.

P.S and lump replacement of all Zen for those who paid for it.
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I voted wipe but honestly I don't think its an option for cryptic.

Ther is a small gap between casual and ignorant gamers but both groups make up the majority of the server population. Its not only us 2000 posting here there are 10.000nds more who are feeding the game with real money and they just dont care about exploiters, ingame economy or pvp imbalance - they just want to play.

And this casual/ignorant majority will mostly run away in case of a wipe. End of story.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • llamallama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game has some massive stability issues, the auction hall is half done and they haven't even tried to fix it. Now this exploit using it. Then the whole issue that they rushed the release. Certainly people wanted to play, but we get DCed consistently, servers are down at least 3 hours a day it seems and now we have the economy going to ****. Anyone who has played PWE games in the past will claim this isn't anything new.

So the solution? Knowing PWE, zen will go on sale and they will call that a fix.
  • steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    I could live with a wipe as long as my purchased zen was refunded (either give the zen or money back). The economy is so buggered I had resolved to simply ignore PVP, the AH and AD/Zen market entirely in perpetuity. The only way to deal with this is with enough punitive force to make people think twice about this sort of thing, rather than actively seek and exploit.

As for no one wanting to play an MMO alone... I wouldn't mind. I solo 99% of the time in games already.
  • matteffect42matteffect42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why so many people would vote for a complete wipe. I think the poll should include "new shard" as one of the options. Some of us do not want all of our progress wiped because of the acts of others, and will deal with whatever fix Perfect World applies. They call us adults.
  • canstromcanstrom Member, Silverstars Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, why is everyone freaking out? I mean, the game is only in Open Beta right?
  • dobies4lifedobies4life Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I voted wipe.
    The purpose of a beta is to test and debug. When bugs of this magnitude do this much damage, a wipe is in order. You have to remember the point of a beta is to debug the game and get it ready for a launch. This idea of course has been skewed by companies for years now. Open Beta is now launch for most games now. We are here to position this game for growth. The game will not grow if it starts with a broken economy. Bans are useless unless they are permanent, and I'm talking IP's here not email addresses. If you cant handle losing everything to a wipe, dont play games in testing phases. Wipe, and reset purchased zen for those who have purchased. One the new Zen is on the account, if they leave it is because they CHOOSE too. A wipe can happen in a beta. A wipe is not a reason for $$ refund when the zen you purchased is still on the account.If people quit so be it. We will be set up for growth in an unbroken world.where everyone can enjoy the game, not just those who broke it, or those who unknowingly benefited from it. And as always.... it just a game.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All your shard are belongs to us.

LOL!
    I don't understand why the level 60 uber elite would have such a fit over a wipe. I mean they got there in what, 3, 4 days? Do they plan on never making another character again?
    My highest level character is 41 and it took me quite a while getting there but I wouldn't care if there was a wipe. I can start over. In fact I like starting over. That's why I have 5 characters. Only 3 of which I use now and then and they do not include the level 41.
    Wipe? No wipe? Rollback? doesn't matter to me. The game is fun enough so I wont cry.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • dabamashdabamash Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they rollback 2 days, I'm out. I've gone up over 30 levels over the last 48 hours. I'm not doing all those quests again.

I would suggest a wipe of all zen and AD and refund those who paid. Either that, or wipe all items and currency, keep player's levels and give every player enough gold for their tier armour from the shop.

If I lose my level, I'm done.
  • davidcoppafeeldavidcoppafeel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't ban their accounts, just imprison their characters on Guitmowinter Island.

lmao epicness!
  • zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe.
    Give everyone 6000 ZEN.
    (+Refunds, Blood Sacrifice.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Like I said before..Ill be "OK" with a wipe of my epicly geared toon and mount and stones if Crytpic would like to compensate me with a drow and spider mount. If I lose my hard earned well deserved pixelated rewards due to exploited bugs(and remember Cryptic is partly at fault) with no compensation, Ill simply take my rl $ elsewhere.
  • baldurian1baldurian1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the wipe is the best option...this will fix all the server problems and will fix all the exploit...exploit did in dungeon, did exploit in level, did exploit in action house, did exploit in store zen, did exploit the faundry's, pvp class, pvp afk.......the best solution in this case is the wipe.

This will cause many problems in the game including the economy, return the zeny to everyone who bought and reset the server. I think the best choice ...
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I voted wipe but honestly I don't think its an option for cryptic.

Ther is a small gap between casual and ignorant gamers but both groups make up the majority of the server population. Its not only us 2000 posting here there are 10.000nds more who are feeding the game with real money and they just dont care about exploiters, ingame economy or pvp imbalance - they just want to play.

And this casual/ignorant majority will mostly run away in case of a wipe. End of story.

Casuals should never have been allowed to ruin video games with their ignorance. Welcome to the 21st century, home of the casual gamer, the memorial site for the good ol' days are right over there beside the remains of the Tardus for those who would like to pay their respects.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote something else. Give me back all the money I spent on NW and don't touch my lifetime STO account.
  • asyaruasyaru Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe everything, remove astral diamonds from the game, tune down alot the gold drop in-game, make zen purchasable with in-game gold. Done, no more problems.

tl;dr : Go wipe or go home.