test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exploit Follow up

Comments

• manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Notice how everyone is realizing they want a wipe. Do the right thing here Cryptic and PWE. Wipe and restart. We will forgive you, especially if you do it the right way. Be smart here. With no wipe this game is dead.
  • oscinioscini Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    I too would be ticked about a wipe but seeing how people are now joining in the exploits (AH <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> going down) I am starting to feel over half the player base is going to end up being banned. A Wipe might not be too bad if they gave us some things to go with it.

1) A 60 of your choice (or more depending on how many you may have already leveled)
    2) A set of gear for your character where progression SHOULD BE in this game without all these exploits going on
    3) All of our AD placed back in to our accounts
    4) All zen placed back
    5) Professions set to the same amount before wipe
    6) Any rare items such as Phoera, Heavy Inferno, or Nightmare mount bought with the bars...placed in bags (Only if the account unlocked it or bought it without exploit)

None of those will probably happen so a Wipe is very unlikely. However, at this time and seeing people still being idiots; I am not against it anymore.

^ This is a good idea. I like the level 60 of your choice if you previously had one.
  • madmedic62madmedic62 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    It is starting to seem like they aren't capable of rolling back... This may be very bad for both the game and the company as a whole...
    4EiUC6D.png
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    manduchess wrote: »
    Notice how everyone is realizing they want a wipe. Do the right thing here Cryptic and PWE. Wipe and restart. We will forgive you, especially if you do it the right way. Be smart here. With no wipe this game is dead.

I do not at all want a wipe. I like my character and would be most unhappy to have to start over and rebuild him. But then I'm not trying to WIN the game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I do not at all want a wipe. I like my character and would be most unhappy to have to start over and rebuild him. But then I'm not trying to WIN the game.

So you want to play in a dead game with no real economy to speak of? I know personally I will quit and demand a refund if they do not wipe.
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    manduchess wrote: »

I do not want a wipe. That's unnecessary. A rollback will do.
  • solidtxsolidtx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a wipe may be needed but it's not even remotely realistic. they would (legally) have to refund every single purchase made towards the game (Founder packs, ZEN transfers etc). That doesnt seem possible.
  • naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    A clean wipe would kill the game.

Everyone who DIDN'T exploit or cheat would have dozens of hours of play and attachment to characters go down the drain.

The game will survive, assuming they fix the bugs and ban exploiters.

They could wipe AD and zen from everyone and refund Zen for any cash purchases and AD for any founders. Then delete any purple items not bound. That way people keep most of their progression and it would stabilise the economy.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was against a server wide wipe but now with this new exploit I dunno, maybe fix it then do a rollback ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • lightrainslightrains Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solidtx wrote: »
    a wipe may be needed but it's not even remotely realistic. they would (legally) have to refund every single purchase made towards the game (Founder packs, ZEN transfers etc). That doesnt seem possible.

And that's why you dont put in a microtransaction in a "beta" haha. -_-;
  • plerthusplerthus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop asking a wipe when a fix and a 24h rollback will be enough.
  • novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many drama queens.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naeron1966 wrote: »
    They could wipe AD and zen from everyone and refund Zen for any cash purchases and AD for any founders. Then delete any purple items not bound. That way people keep most of their progression and it would stabilise the economy.

This is actually the best idea I have seen yet, since it's not a rollback in terms of progression or level, but it will start the economy from ground zero.
  • saywiheesaywihee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps if they wiped, but gave legit players 10k AD per level they had on previous chars. (Heck, I'd gladly take 5k) plus any lost zen refunded with epics returned..
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback is the way to go. If that is impossible you can go ahead and give everyone their money back and then declare bankrupcy.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gorlie102 wrote: »
    Rollback is the way to go. If that is impossible you can go ahead and give everyone their money back and then declare bankrupcy.

I feel bad for anyone who got legitimately lucky and gets rolled back :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    This is actually the best idea I have seen yet, since it's not a rollback in terms of progression or level, but it will start the economy from ground zero.

I'd rather have a rollback in terms of progression, I had all my time invested in getting AD. I had legitimate 30mil before this **** happen.
    edited May 2013
    I cant believe they havent responded again yet.....or taken the servers down....
  • galantdramongalantdramon Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a Guardian Account, several toons, and a second account from back when I started (I bought the guardian recently).

This kind of thing will ruin the game, and while I will lose levels, items, skills (all of my toons craft), etc, I still think a rollback to before the hundreds of millions of AD's were generated (counterfeited) is needed.

Will I like losing the time I spent? No.

Will I like losing the work I've done? No.

Do I think it needs to happen anyway? Yes.

Please Cryptic/PWE, roll it back to before this mess got going...if this means a full wipe 'cause your records show this has been going on since the beginning, then wipe it all, give us a credit of some kind, and go forward.

You use Zen/Diamonds as a basic economy. You have us buy with real money, and someone has found a way to counterfeit money and use it as real. Fix this, in the end, it will <bleep> off less people to come down on this with a big hammer, than to try and ignore it, and pretend it's not there, and hope it'll go away on it's own.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need an official response to this new exploit. We need to know if playing right now is a waste of our time or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    naeron1966 wrote: »

This would be nice but still won't do the job since a lot of people get geared with exploit Or simply overflown AD in other words the market and economy would still be in hurt.

The best way would be to simply delete every item and currency that is currently in game there will be chargebacks or refunds no matter what they do let's be honest about it some people lost a lot today and cheaters will win no matter how many of them get banned.

They had like IDK from days to 12 hours at last to create new account mass copy the stuff then put it on ah and so on there is no way this all can be traced or found because all the false currency was injected to the game.

Not to mention that some people used this exploit probably from the very beginning of the game.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All they need to do is query their Database with any Bid that is a negative # and it populates the result set with all the account names and their unique ID's. (If it's setup that way) From that point on it's going to be manual work to do all the fixing.
    It's actually easy to find the people who did it because it's nothing random. I actually feel sorry for people who gave in to greed rofl.

Is the game dead? If they fix it properly the game continues as it never happened. The AH and gateway got taken down as they are fixing it and know the impact of the exploit.
  • amese1amese1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The high prices for putting an item in the ah makes people putting their items cheaper, wich leads to a inflation of these items. (could be watched in this game before the exploit got abused). If they raise the costs for putting items in the ah (maby 5% more) it would speed up the inflation and the ah prices maby would stabilize (faster). It sure would take time for the ah would get back to normal.
    Its not an optimal way of dealing with the problems, but in my oppinion the only thing they could do. A rollback would be unfair and it would be hard to give the people their money for their zen purchases back.
  • embryodead666embryodead666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Cryptic, CAN YOU PLEASE RESPOND? You are TERRIBLE at taking care of your players and this is really the most shameful thing you have done is not give us a frickin statement to make it clear that there will be consequences or we can just stop playing right now. I don't want to waste my entire day because you are too incompetent to speak!
  • wolfel1wolfel1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I logged in just to see the AH mess for myself. OMG! Items selling for -1,000,000 AD... How does the AH even go into negative numbers anyway?

Logged out, and I'm off to play WoW until they get this problem fixed.
  • zamerizameri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    I think this video applys.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RKIDVIHxZs
  • amese1amese1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The high prices for putting an item in the ah makes people putting their items cheaper, wich leads to a inflation of these items. (could be watched in this game before the exploit got abused). If they raise the costs for putting items in the ah (maby 5% more) it would speed up the inflation and the ah prices maby would stabilize (faster). It sure would take time for the ah would get back to normal.
    Its not an optimal way of dealing with the problems, but in my oppinion the only thing they could do. A rollback would be unfair and it would be hard to give the people their money for their zen purchases back.
  • tombi81tombi81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a full roolback is not good but if exploit is around AH they can roolback all the transaction of ah of today
  • kerchaktickerchaktic Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    plerthus wrote: »
    Stop asking a wipe when a fix and a 24h rollback will be enough.

I suspect the problem is this has been going on quietly for longer than 24 hrs. Until enough people discovered/learned, you might keep a "friend's" secret, but once that starts becoming friend of a friend, of a friend it's over.

Spellplague may have permanently altered Faerun. The Astralplague is going to do a lot worse.
  • solidtxsolidtx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    even if/when they fix this exploit, the real problem with the economy is the way the base game is designed.

In order to fix any problem you have to go to the source. All games have exploiters and people who break rules to gain unfair advantages. Some games though have the problems more so than others.

The games that have huge issues with gold sellers and exploiters are ones where the base economy of rewards encourages bad behavior. Neverwinter is one of those games.

The fact that epic dungeon gear (T2) is BOE and can be sold gives exploiters and cheaters the basis for providing themselves and others means to items they wouldn't otherwise have. Something for nothing as it goes.

Simply make all of the epic drops per person in dungeons and make them BOP.

Doing this will SEVERELY cut down the economy exploits and make the game more fair for everyone.

They do this or lose your dedicated player base.
This discussion has been closed.