Comments

• Options
    lunchablelunchable Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Learn to use professions.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Who wants to bet the massive Zen market fluctuations on beholder are one bored exploiter who didn't lose their mule accounts?

Zone chat is just a mass of looking for exploit or afk group messages? 3 day bans and no lost mule account money for exploiters?

I can't believe any reasonably intelligent adult thinks Cryptic is behaving appropriately. You guys are a ****ing joke atm.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Except multiple people can end up using the same IP since an IP is not unique.

Except they can quite easily trace who traded to whom and what time etc via their logs, they can cross check this against IP etc etc. The main question is will they spend the money and time to do it or pull a Turbine?

I love DDO but it has the unfortunate habit of teaching people to exploit early and often, will Cryptic/PWE do the same thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    fermifermi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wiping everything to solve the problems created by a few deviants is kind of like nuking a city to get rid of a street gang. It's arguably even more nonsensical since Cryptic probably has enough logs to track down every single transaction if they wished to spend the manpower on it. Given that whole servers are still having trouble from time to time, it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't worth that effort to track down all the bad actors. Fix the problems so they can't recur and the long term effects will approach zero. My opinion.
  • Options
    silentblowzsilentblowz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE and Cryptic doesn't really care if game is exploited or not, they have made all the cash they need, lots of pple quit and moved on upon reaching lvl 60 , rest who stays have no clue why they stay. The jist of this topic, move on to another game if u want to else stay for what ever reason u want to, no one cares really, not the players, not the game developers, though there are people who do not want people to leave simply cu zif the game dies, they will sigh and will have to move on. on a seperate note, do moderators and staff of neverwinter actually post as normal players telling people not to quit? lol, sooo lame if that is true.

P.S. a dying game is a dying game and please do not ask for a server wipe, that will go all over the world that neverwinter is a failure and game will die even faster than expected :p
  • Options
    pheelinpheelin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    It won't. Only way to normalize it is with a complete wipe, but PW/Cryptic are too greedy/lazy to do this as proven by Reddit.

You can't wipe after cash shop goes live. Explain to me how you can do this without having to refund everyone their money? How would you feel if you bought a key and got a nightmare out of it?
  • Options
    novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Back in the days of vanilla wow, i got banned as a raidleader for exploiting a boss mechanic in BWL. I got two weeks ban and all the loot was taken away.

In Neverwinter when you exploit bug for days, manage to gt ridiculous amount of loot/currency, all you get is a 72h ban and none of the loot taken away from you?

I understand you need to make money but if you would have stopped even more a minute to think, do you really believe the peoples who exploited millions of AD are going to spend a single euro in your cash shop? No, these peoples will sell the AD for real money, with much better rates then your cash shop can ever offer.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lots of people saying they dont care. Just remember the next time u play pvp that exploiter has all the gear and all the slots covered with epic enchants. Enchants you will never afford.

I see one CW pvp poster stating that 30% of his damage comes from greater tenebrous enchants in every slot. Its not P2W its exploit to win.

You will never ever catch up to the players and guilds sitting on 100's of millions of AD.

Seriously who can afford $500 dollars worth zen for one enchant.
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pheelin wrote: »
    You can't wipe after cash shop goes live. Explain to me how you can do this without having to refund everyone their money? How would you feel if you bought a key and got a nightmare out of it?

all they would have to do is refund cash purchased (as opposed to AD purchased) ZEN, and the spent AD to founders to do a wipe.
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    emolithemolith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make the bans permanent.
  • Options
    bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1 karma for mods.
  • Options
    knac007knac007 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only problem with all this situation is the whole 'BETA' thing and the misguiding and loose usage of the term but nowadays gaming studios.

If this was released, I wouldn't have a problem with the action (obviously). But is morally reproachable gaming companies use BETA label to get by with unfinished products and buggy gameplay while releasing in-game cash shops (if the i n-game 'economy', which has taken so much importance unfortunately in all this games in the last times, didn't matter, there would be no bans), but they do not allow the very thing beta's are supposed to be allow, find bugs/exploits and all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Sad indeed.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So is Cryptic taking the servers down to stop the free AD exploit?
  • Options
    vasetervaseter Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I was banned for 72 hours. I have several issues here. I am a fan of this game and I have bought quite a bit of Zen. Please read before you do your lame troll "got what you deserved" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

1 I got no details on what I was banned for. Nothing just a form email to a no-reply address. So I cant even ask the person who banned me "what are you talking about". For all I know I could have been hacked.

2 Once banned you cant even log in the forums or the main site to contact support. This is a new account. There is a banned anonymous support option but that is total bs for someone who has payed for this product. You should still be able to talk to support about what happened. IE, what if I was hacked.

3 What do you consider an "exploit?"There are no list of known exploits or warnings of any kind. If you just go into this game how are you supposed to know what is considered one?

4 There are numerous instances of people being banned for just grouping with someone who used an "exploit".

5 Open BETA is a term that used to be associated with working out some last minute bugs to prepare for release. Either stop calling it a beta or stop acting like Neverwinter is in release.

6 This wide net approach to dealing with some of your Released game problems is not the answer. How about taking that data and fixing those bugs so they cant be exploited. Problem solved.
  • Options
    jivundusjivundus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonderful this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> set the exchage back a week.....
  • Options
    illi1991illi1991 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaseter wrote: »
    Ok I was banned for 72 hours. I have several issues here.

]Ok guys, honestly u banned me for no
    So i just killed last bos CN, and he drops a dagger, in our group we all
    decided to need and then the winner can sell. We all where on ts3 during
    the encounter. i won it and i soll it for 8mil.

So i buy the whole shadowweaver part 4/4 and i get also the next run the
    mainhand, so that got me to 10.5k gs, all the gains of items ive got where
    legal. Ive sold the mount from spending 1.5mil diamonds and sold it again
    the horse ofcourse...

i play normally with
    my girlfriend...
    I even geared her up to 8.4k gs now, we where planning to do tier2 dungeons
    today and tomorrow,

We waited for this moment and then u just ban me for doin nothing really?

Also please change the CONTENT i''m gonna give u few tips what has to be
    done to this game because i created my own pong game in dos when i was
    6years old.

Just i Did pay for the game because i liked it i payed preorder 3day
    package, i really wanted to feel the combat system and it is greatly great!

PVP: Foundry PVP Maps. maybe different rewards like 50% badder then the
    real content pvp rewards.
    PVP: Just a open world, bosses spawning at random times... allot (100+)
    even make the zone with regular mobs for people that can actualy level
    there?50+ or somthing ... PVEPVP Mixed, start from this and make it bigger
    by time ofcourse.

PVE: More cn like maps, just normal encounters... 20+ raids ofc...

U just start expending and not banning iff knockback is not intended, why
    make black hole and knockbacks??? Thank you please take the remove ban
    from my account. I want to play it so badly and cant wait for new content,
    also i promoted people to ur game... like my gf her friends its not that we
    make people quit the game..... But u doin it to us.....
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope every player who is confirmed to have personally exploited is permabanned.

In cases that are less sure (like someone who frequently groups with the same exploiters), lesser punishment is probably better.

As for PW not being obligated to tell us what punishments are meted out... sure, but it's in their best interests to communicate that exploits aren't tolerated and what the results will be.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    3 What do you consider an "exploit?"There are no list of known exploits or warnings of any kind. If you just go into this game how are you supposed to know what is considered one?

Exploiting is doing something of which you know it is not intended to be done (that way). It's called common sense. If you don't have it, that's not Cryptic/PWE's problem.
    4 There are numerous instances of people being banned for just grouping with someone who used an "exploit".

The only correct way to handle such a situation is to immediately file a report, detailing the exploit and making clear that you had no way of knowing a party member was going to be doing this, and that you made sure to not profit from it. This is also common sense, not sure why I should even tell you this.
    5 Open BETA is a term that used to be associated with working out some last minute bugs to prepare for release. Either stop calling it a beta or stop acting like Neverwinter is in release.

The state of the game is entirely irrelevant. You are never supposed to abuse exploits, period.
    6 This wide net approach to dealing with some of your Released game problems is not the answer. How about taking that data and fixing those bugs so they cant be exploited. Problem solved.

I'm not even going to take this seriously.

---

Edit: oh, I forgot: you got what you deserved.
  • Options
    vasetervaseter Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In love how you skiped over 1 and 2. The part explaining that I have no Idea what is going on. Or how to find out. I wonder how that selective thinking gets you through the day. Troll is a troll I guess.
  • Options
    lsafa7llsafa7l Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whats up with the ah ?
  • Options
    karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Here's how these things work:

Devs shut down accounts with temporary bans so they have time to see what went on. They investigate the account, remove/return items and currency and then decide whether they want to perma-ban or return the cleaned up account.

When D3 had its latest AH nightmare lots and lots of 5-day bans turned into perma-bans.
  • Options
    b4sikb4sik Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, but D3 is ruined cause of no rollback, they perma-banned the gold dupers, but due to no rollback
    the prices suck, cause many ppl sold bad items for 2bil just because the dupers would buy it
    same thing will happen here if there is no rollback, ppl create infinite AD buy a **** load of items
    they get banned, other ppl already sold items for a lot more than they are worth.
  • Options
    tropicatropica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They NEED to PERMA BAN anyone who exploited this economy ****.
    Auction house is empty, Zen Market is empty.
    They also need a purchase rollback, or else many people will be ****ing rich from stupid overpriced items on AH.

God this just killed the game.
  • Options
    b4sikb4sik Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    tropica wrote: »
    They NEED to PERMA BAN anyone who exploited this economy ****.
    Auction house is empty, Zen Market is empty.
    They also need a purchase rollback, or else many people will be ****ing rich from stupid overpriced items on AH.

God this just killed the game.
    It was just the last hit, in an already half-dead game, after the earlier exploits.
    I really enjoyed the game.
    And really wish for a complete wipe, not a simple rollback.
  • Options
    reaper171reaper171 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A complete wipe and refunds on every purchase made, they wont do it, they are too greedy.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Here's how these things work:

Devs shut down accounts with temporary bans so they have time to see what went on. They investigate the account, remove/return items and currency and then decide whether they want to perma-ban or return the cleaned up account.

When D3 had its latest AH nightmare lots and lots of 5-day bans turned into perma-bans.
    Apples and oranges, Blizzard already have the money they are going to get from the ones they ban, PW on the other hand might not be as interested in permanently banning people, since they could possibly squeeze more money out of them.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    muliermulier Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rollback - reset zen for all ppl - done
    other than that - game is dead already.
  • Options
    nealuknealuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will not rollback as PW will lose real money that has been paid into the game. Refunds and PW don't seem to work together ;)
    full
  • Options
    manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    They need to do a wipe. They need to give players that spent money the appropriate amount of Zen and AStral Diamond refunds for founders. They need to do a clean wipe, there have been way to many exploits and the game is meaningless now. If they dont do a clean wipe this game is over.
  • Options
    gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really care about punishment, what will you do about the effects this has had on the server? Will you rollback or just let all the AD stay out there?

Unless you get rid of this AD with a rollback, these people will just transfer the money to alternative accounts. The economy is completly ruined and banned a couple of people wont help.
This discussion has been closed.