test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exploit Follow up

Comments

• zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A clean wipe would kill the game.

Everyone who DIDN'T exploit or cheat would have dozens of hours of play and attachment to characters go down the drain.

The game will survive, assuming they fix the bugs and ban exploiters.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • dridnoc1dridnoc1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Apples and oranges, Blizzard already have the money they are going to get from the ones they ban, PW on the other hand might not be as interested in permanently banning people, since they could possibly squeeze more money out of them.

This is the Problem with Free to Play games, Permanant Bans mean nothing because those people can just Create another account and play on. GuildWars 2 did it right , Were You pay for Your account and then the game is free to play for life, Hince if You got banned, You had to PAY for another account. I am thinking Maybe Cryptic/Perfectworld should consider this line of action !!
  • crenmac69crenmac69 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To anyone that wants to play dumb... If you use a mechanic that subverts the system to acquire more than you are entitled to or bypass limitations of the game, you are using an exploit. If you don't know what that may be, maybe you should stick with something a little more your speed, like checkers.

I hope that everyone that abused the system gets perma banned.
    edited May 2013
    vaseter wrote: »
    In love how you skiped over 1 and 2. The part explaining that I have no Idea what is going on. Or how to find out. I wonder how that selective thinking gets you through the day. Troll is a troll I guess.

Your original post, the wording sounded very much like you exploited and just wanted to know what specific infraction PW thought you did to weasel out of it.

You never said, specifically, 'I haven't used any exploits.'

If that's what you meant, well, ok.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited May 2013
    dridnoc1 wrote: »
    This is the Problem with Free to Play games, Permanant Bans mean nothing because those people can just Create another account and play on. GuildWars 2 did it right , Were You pay for Your account and then the game is free to play for life, Hince if You got banned, You had to PAY for another account. I am thinking Maybe Cryptic/Perfectworld should consider this line of action !!

Except you lose zen (which represents actual value) plus any work you put into leveling, professions, items, etc.

• diablovoyeurdiablovoyeur Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is really dissapointing. I purchased around $5 usd to test the waters and was planning to get some more but this exploit stuff is very demoralizing...
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have absolutely no problem being refunded all of my Zen back into my wallet and restarting this.

I have capped one character and got a host into the mid levels but so what?

The game is new, I'll have fun rerunning stuff.

I'm sure others would totally disagree and many would quit.

And what about the next exploit?

There seems to be a few <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the armor.

You can't really wipe every month when a new debilitating exploit pops up.

Wow, what a SNAFU.
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This AD is already out there, Zen have been sold for more than it's worth, Items have been sold for more than they are worth. Banning people won't remove the AD from the people who, while not using the exploit themself, benefited greatly from it.
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is anything being done about the current active exploit? I mean its ongoing and the longer its left unchecked the worse its going to get. More and more people are logging on and asking what the exploit is, unfortunately theyre being told how to do it in zone chat which is just adding to the problem. Auction house is a mess, the Ad/Zen exchange has been wiped out.
  • tropicatropica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They cant wipe the servers, they will lose all most of their playerbase.
    Simple rollback on AH and Zen market and perma bans should help.
  • dridnoc1dridnoc1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, It would be an inconvenience , But not a permanent answer for the situation. Now make Them pay for the account again and the Money they Lost that would be a definite deterrent.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaseter wrote: »
    In love how you skiped over 1 and 2. The part explaining that I have no Idea what is going on. Or how to find out. I wonder how that selective thinking gets you through the day. Troll is a troll I guess.

Exploits are pretty much obviously doing something that mechanically works but isn't designed to work that way. It only takes common sense to recognize something isn't done the way it was designed to be done. Or something is off like say one shotting a boss. Really you believe it is normal to do things like one shot a boss or that you have to jump through hoops to respawn a boss, or that going afk and gaining some reward is perfectly normal?

If haven't got the common sense to realize that something is an exploit than just enjoy your ban it won't be the last one you see in various games.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madmedic62madmedic62 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    I smell a class action lawsuit.
    4EiUC6D.png
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dridnoc1 wrote: »
    Yeah, It would be an inconvenience , But not a permanent answer for the situation. Now make Them pay for the account again and the Money they Lost that would be a definite deterrent.
    The majority of the exploiters are using free accounts how would what you say do anything.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If there will be a rollback or a server reset, can i have back my stuff? You can see all my logs, i didint cheated / exploited, but i dont want to loose so many thing, i teared blood for them (8 adventurer, it was a hell to gain them), and 200K ad :'(
  • eisprizessineisprizessin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depending on how they will handle this, I will decide whether to stick around or uninstall and get a refund of my founder pack.

Economy is ruined because all of those ADs that were filtered to even the players that did not cheat. Those who bought ZEN / or founder packs lost bigtime because of it.

Also the non cheating players will be faced with astronomical prices in AD for everything.

Either full wipe or dead game where only bots and cheaters hang.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neverhof wrote: »
    Is anything being done about the current active exploit? I mean its ongoing and the longer its left unchecked the worse its going to get. More and more people are logging on and asking what the exploit is, unfortunately theyre being told how to do it in zone chat which is just adding to the problem. Auction house is a mess, the Ad/Zen exchange has been wiped out.

Cryptics normal procedure for handling exploits since 2004.

1. Once an exploit is identified they do not say anything.
    2. They work on a fix for the exploit though it may take weeks or months to fix.
    3. They track who uses the exploit.
    4. They fix it generally without a note and then ban accounts who exploited or can be proved to profit from the exploit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    madmedic62 wrote: »
    I smell a class action lawsuit.

Not from those getting the 3 day ban or permenant ban you aren't.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lightrainslightrains Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really wished they would do a roll-back, IP ban all the exploiters, and compensate the honest people. But this is PWE we're talking about so none of this will happen lol. R.I.P Neverwinter
  • bhsnbhsn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    If there will be a rollback or a server reset, can i have back my stuff? You can see all my logs, i didint cheated / exploited, but i dont want to loose so many thing, i teared blood for them (8 adventurer, it was a hell to gain them), and 200K ad :'(

Agreed, I haven't done anything illegal. I logged in to check my bids when I saw I was outbid for -3mil AD......
    And I worked hard to get my complete purple set yesterday, don't want to do everything again or risk to lose it to other ppl in Auction House. A 12 hour rollback would be fine, I think this issue started about this time ago.
    An please, Perma-ban those who used this exploit, even those that purchased that Founder pack.
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does banning solve the 100000000000000 mil AD pumped in the economy issue?
  • oxydumoxydum Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    It won't. Only way to normalize it is with a complete wipe, but PW/Cryptic are too greedy/lazy to do this as proven by Reddit.

If they can just restore the assets and punish the exploiters why would they be so generous/hard-working as to wipe?
  • eisprizessineisprizessin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    How does banning solve the 100000000000000 mil AD pumped in the economy issue?

It does not, therefore I cannot see this game recovering without a wipe. Tracing all that amount is basically impossible, especially that it switched accounts, even in totally legitimate auctions.

I'm kinda mad at this whole fiasco, because the game is really fun. I'm also mad at myself for buying founders and getting worthless AD as a result.
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    The majority of the exploiters are using free accounts how would what you say do anything.

Sorry I missed the Quote I was going to post Earlier. That is what I said in a Previous post is that with a FREE to play Game Permenant Bans Meaning Little to nothing sure the person loses some ZEN/AD , But they can make another account and Exploit / Cheat away. My Proposal is Cryptic goes the GW2 way and Sells the Accounts for a Reasonable price and then does the Item shop and Free to Play for Life after that. So that when these Losers Who exploit and Cheat If and when They got busted Would NOT Only lose all the Zen/Gold/AD , Would also have to BUY another account which would in turn inherently detour People from Hacking/Exploiting as Much. In turn it May not Entirely stop the problems. But just like in WOW and other Pay to Play games it is not as common of a practice as in F2P games.

PS. And Yes Cryptic People will Pay Money for Your Game , Because it is Awesome !!! Yes it has some Issues , But so do all games. Your doing awesome keep up the good work.
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do not rollback I will request a refund on all the money I've spent on this game. The AD I got from Zen is worthless now, the AD the founder packs got is worthless now.
  • stexke01stexke01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i totaly agree, the economy is entirly ruined and wont just be fixed. A full wipe would be best option in my opnion. If they just ban people the game will die
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a theory that Cryptic went in and adjusted the prices on the items placed up by exploiting accounts so others are not able to buy them and add more AD to their accounts. There are several items that are not affected on the AH.

Overall, that is just a theory.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
    edited May 2013
    I would possibly accept an item rollback/recovery. I just don't want to redo my leveling and professions.

• solidtxsolidtx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The real problem is that EPIC Dungeon gear is BOE and Not BOP as it should be.
    Our entire guild is likely going to leave this game because of this fact. It is play to Win if gear like this can be purchased. It should be earned only.

Almost all of the problems we're encoutering with this game are economy related and it all stems from the fact that everything can be bought - which creates an atmosphere of corruption.

We love the game, but if end game is not going to be BOE what is the point. And we are all founders too. Shame bad decisions can ruin good games.
    edited May 2013
    gorlie102 wrote: »
    If you do not rollback I will request a refund on all the money I've spent on this game. The AD I got from Zen is worthless now, the AD the founder packs got is worthless now.

If they roll back I insist that all your resources be tranferred to me. I have done nothing wrong and don't want to lose my character or anything else just because of your high horse.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.