test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build (GF) for End Game PvE (and PvP) content.

Comments

• braemarbraemar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got this so far.. i'll keep going tomorrow but i'm not sure about all the sets names. T1 should be finished.. the only T2 set i know of is the timeless, are there any other? i'll add pvp one aswell so the newcomers can have something to look at if they want to. I will also add a little box under every set with the recap of all the stats, so that they are easier to compare

ps. thanks to the guy who made the same thing for rogues, i kinda stole his "template"
  • st4tu5st4tu5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How's that build holding up?
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Optimizing your stats based on your gear set:

I'm assuming here that the people following this guide are primarily going to be looking for either the Stalwart or the Timeless sets for their PvE needs (again, anything PvP related - see Envy's guide). So assuming you're using those two sets, after testing it in game, talking with a few people and then messing with the spread sheet, these are the stat weights and optimizations I've come up with for the two sets:

Stalwart Bulwark - Recovery to 3,000 -> ArPen to 1,500 -> Power (you will cap out around 4400 unbuffed) -> Crit to 1400.

Those are the benchmarks to aim for, and those are all assuming rank 7 gems. Rank 8's will just make everything higher and easier to hit, which is great, but expensive. Lower rank gems just make the exact values harder to hit, but you'll be able to get close enough to the approximate values. Most of these values are also based on currently available gear, and not necessarily the exact caps you want. For instance, you want to see real DR on ArPen until 2,000 rating, but getting 2,000 rating would require a different gear setup to hit with Stalwart. What to look for to make this work:

Revolt neck - Gemmed for ArPen

Control Rings - Gemmed for Arpen

Blue Belt - Find one with either power/recovery/arPen or crit/recovery/arpen (best on the Cat/Stone). For belt look for piercing occult, berserker's, piercing berserker, etc. The best way to search is to just set the broker to rare, highlight belt, select arpen as the stat, and check out your options. I realize I probably just make the market prices inflate, but oh well.

Purple Shirt - Gemmed for Recovery

Pet Offensive - Recovery

Pet Neck - Blessings (excorcist's) gemmed for Recovery

Now I'm sure there are multiple ways to optimize the gear, but using those items with those gems will eventually get you there, regardless of the individual ranks.

I haven't optimized the Timeless set for PvE yet - however I did go over how I'd do it, and it basically just involves dropping a total of 4 Recovery gems and replacing them with 4 ArPen gems, and adding a power (or crit if you'd rather, power is theoretically better though) somewhere (weapon is the best option).

Timeless Stats - Recovery to 3,000 -> ArPen to 2,000 -> Power - As much as possible -> Crit - 1500 pre timeless stack - 2950 post.

I use my weapon for both PvE and PvP, so I currently have a Greater Tenebrous enchant in mine, so my stats are slightly different (1343 ArPen instead of 1500+ in Stalwart).

Hopefully this gives people a rough idea of what to shoot for, but as always, you don't have to follow it 100% - this is simply optimizing your gear assuming you're using either the Stalwart or Timeless set with PvE in mind. I'll reformat this and clean it up and add it to the OP at some point once more discussion has taken place, as things could change.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fN7uM2o.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/fN7uM2o.jpg

That's pretty much BiS

I'm gonna switch to an excorcist neck on my cat when I can get higher rank silvery enchants. I also need a lvl 60 version of my belt.
  • rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Added the Stalwart optimization section to the OP with a better format. Timeless Hero optimization will be added soon. Please keep in mind that the gear I listed WILL get you to the recommend stat thresholds, but other ways to get there will exist. Experiment as much as you can. My optimization also assumes the full use of Rank 7 gems - if you're able to use Rank 8's (or 9's), then you'll reach the target values for stats higher, giving yourself more room to add offensive Radiants.

The gear I listed though is a very strong setup and an excellent goal to optimize your Stalwart set.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
    edited May 2013
    edit: nevermind, was confused :P
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the list. Any suggestion on how to get rank 7 enhancements without spending a fortune, or on how to make said fortune? XD
    edited May 2013
    Timeless Optimization (for PvE/Hybrid tanking) added.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So have you completely given up on Tenebrous for PvE then?
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
    edited May 2013
    So have you completely given up on Tenebrous for PvE then?

Yeah, but it's amazing for PvP.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • s0b3kxxs0b3kxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could you please tell me if there is old build uploaded somewhere? Because i have been using the old one with protector as paragon for tanking and now i can't find it. Or, is this build better for tanking? :)
    edited May 2013
    s0b3kxx wrote: »
    Could you please tell me if there is old build uploaded somewhere? Because i have been using the old one with protector as paragon for tanking and now i can't find it. Or, is this build better for tanking? :)

My guide is basically a hybrid PvE DPS and tanking guide. You do still tank, but the guide focuses on how to maximize DPS potential while doing so. If you're looking for a 'pure' tanking guide, check out Venore's:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?185651-Venore-s-Debuff-Turtle-Tanking-Guide-(GF)
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • grulkiegrulkie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you ever look at the 'high general' t2 set? Its set bonus increases all allies crit severity by 10% for 8 seconds. I obtained the head from spellfire caverns yesterday, is it any good?
  • isfuturoisfuturo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi All,

Just to ask, the 4/4 set bonus of Knight Captain is it bugged? Or how do i trigger it?
    20% of power i used, i suppose Power refer to the power tab like At-will, encounter, ect?

Please enlighen. Ty.
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering, given that Armor Penetration seems to have a rather quickly progressing "reverse diminishing return", as in, the more rating you have, the less you actually require to get another 1%, wouldn't that make it the best stat to stack?
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    I was wondering, given that Armor Penetration seems to have a rather quickly progressing "reverse diminishing return", as in, the more rating you have, the less you actually require to get another 1%, wouldn't that make it the best stat to stack?

This stops at 2k
    edited May 2013
    Oh I see, so after 2k is no longer worth it?
    edited May 2013
    Oh I see, so after 2k is no longer worth it?

2k is impossible with stalwart anyways.
    edited May 2013
    Not if you swap some recovery enchants around. Yes I know, recovery is the best dps stat and whatnot, but eh.
    edited May 2013
    Not if you swap some recovery enchants around. Yes I know, recovery is the best dps stat and whatnot, but eh.

Well, yeah, but no. :P
  • vaam3vaam3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey there!!

stalwart and timeless is the only set we have to get?
    i try for stalwart but i have collect pieces for all sets (like velins and knight) but no stalwart...
    is worthing to make valin or knoght set?
  • malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So where does the Ancient Rings and Amulet drop?
    edited May 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    So where does the Ancient Rings and Amulet drop?

castle never
  • malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    castle never
    Dang well that always has lousy groups lol
  • isfuturoisfuturo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Anyone can help me with this?
    Thank you.

isfuturo wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just to ask, the 4/4 set bonus of Knight Captain is it bugged? Or how do i trigger it?
    20% of power i used, i suppose Power refer to the power tab like At-will, encounter, ect?

Please enlighen. Ty.
  • captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would grand regent not be a good set to use? increase power by 20% of defense. guess it might not get as much power as stalwart bulwark 25% but surely it would be kinda close with it having a lot more defense from it.
    edited May 2013
    Kinda close? Even if you go full turtle and stack defense you get what, 5000 defense? Maybe 6000 or more with full defense enchants. How is 20% of that "close" to, say, 25% of 30000 hps?
  • elanithelanith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would grand regent not be a good set to use? increase power by 20% of defense. guess it might not get as much power as stalwart bulwark 25% but surely it would be kinda close with it having a lot more defense from it.

Unforutnately not even close.

25% of 30kish = 7.5k Power
    20% of (4-5k Defense) = 1.25K Power

I dont have any Grand Regent pieces yet, so my math could be off, but i dont see us running around with hp level of defense.
  • captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    true, i was just thinking for not having constant uptime of the 5stack, but doing karrandax last night barely being hit it stays stacked. oh well tier 1 forever :D
    edited May 2013
    Well sometimes I find that it falls off if I have a good CW spamccing everything and all, but generally it's pretty hard to lose the stacks if you are actively trying to tank. All it takes is to get hit by something every 8 seconds, which is not hard most of the time given the amounts of enemies in t2 dungeons really.