Options

(Old, Archive) Master List of Class Builds

Comments

• Options
    lordyrkoonlordyrkoon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no cleric? :(((((((
  • Options
    ace0darknessace0darkness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Video on how to deal out the damage in pvp and pve videos to come. First few uploaded show the cleric's potential at 10-29 level ranges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OGn8KScN-0
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    rhavialrhavial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Removed Saviorgun's Guide to a PvE DPS GWF per the author's request (class change).
  • Options
    leonf25leonf25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I put my thoughts on Scoundrel TR in a thread, maybe it'll be useful to some people. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?237422-Scoundrel-Rogue-tactics
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Would you mind changing the link title to my guide for PvP only. I'm now updating with PvP in mind exclusively. Thanks!
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    craigtrekcraigtrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Created a full on walk thru talk thru for Guardian Fighter on youtube.

I have tanked the Hard way up through CN, no cheats or bugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFxV1p7dYf0
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Would you mind changing the link title to my guide for PvP only. I'm now updating with PvP in mind exclusively. Thanks!

All done! Can't help the addiction to pwning people, eh? :p

Also changed:

Saviorgun's Guide to a PvE DPS GWF has returned!

New in the list is leonf25's Scoundrel Rogue Build and Tactics Discussion.

I also updated the "new!" and "updated!" flags

@Craig: At the time being I'm only adding forum threads with guides and discussions (that often do include videos too), but no direct links to external pages or videos. Sorry about that! It's mostly meant as an index to material available on the forum.

Note: If I forgot to add any guides or make requested updates or didn't respond to a PM, please poke me. I am pretty sure I covered everything, but just in case I missed something or someone. If so, I apologize, it's not intentional.
  • Options
    pufftheleafpufftheleaf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    deabalodeabalo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Der her der
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    darthokdarthok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this! This will definitely come in handy when leveling my alts.
  • Options
    ironwill92ironwill92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    ironwill92ironwill92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Thanks mate :)
  • Options
    gedanke1336gedanke1336 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just the best
    Trolling is a Passion, Love to Troll <3t8zrasr0.jpg
  • Options
    topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello iMivo,
    You have done a nice work for this community. With your guides and also all your research for new guides from other players.
    I'm also trying to help this community with a related project called MMO Minds.
    It is made from players to players.For now this website has a guides and rating system. Where anyone can submit a new guide, or vote/rate other players guides. This feature helps other players to find the best guides easily, or the guide they need with category filtering. It also give authors the positive input to them guides if the other players like it. I'm working on new features on the website to add new guide types, top of each class, feats and powers calculators, and much more.

Would be an honor to me if you could also contribute with your work there like other guides authors are doing.
    Metzli is a great example he submitted a guide there using the tab system and it looks great you should check it out.

To check this work visit http://mmominds.com
    You can contact me using the contact page or gtalk that you can find there.

MmoMinds
  • Options
    lordrelentlesslordrelentless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    First thing is I like the game thus far for the most part. However, there is a great deal I don't like and I think it is derived from the 4th ed this game is based on. I'd like to share my biggest concern thus far, and that is how feats and powers are designed.

In paper & pen D&D feats are more specific and allow a greater range of benefits and choices. So far the feat structure seems exclusively about increasing specific abilities without any real choices. Not only this, but the increments of benefits are often very low compared to P&P D&D development. (A jump from 1d4 to 1d6 is a 15% increase in damage, not 1%). We're also missing critical skills per class. For example, in P&P D&D a rogue automatically starts with Dungeoneering as a skill as well as stealth and thievery. In this game I'm required (as is everyone) to use a dungeoneering kit to collect things. With the feats, I want to know where are the more fun feats that exist, where is quick draw, where is crossclass/multiclassing? Why aren't we able to play some of the most basic of classes either? In D&D Warlock is a base class, Bard is a base class, Monk is a base class. Yet these are missing or only enemy faction classes.

I don't feel that this is really a D&D game. It has the epitaphs of the game, it shares the name, but it's a poor substitution for the paper and pen game. Not only this is shares a primary flaw with 4th edition. It's battle oriented. Storyline isn't the driving force but unending relentless fighting. I was hoping that this game would resemble and be far closer to the paper and pen version of the game with better more robust options for character development. So while it is fun to play, I don't consider it really D&D.

Somethings that I think need to change: Better storyline; get some story writers and some gm's and start creating real stories for the game.
    Offer more accurate and true to D&D character and racial classes with crossclass abilities to level beyond level 60.
    Create a choice driven skill list rather than fixed skill list for each class.
    More accurate armor choices and the ability to use armor from any class on any class with the appropriate negatives as provided in D&D rules, or the ability to take on feats to use different armors that aren't normally used by the base class.
    Instead of percentile based damage swap to a virtual die roll system (which is already in place for your team structure for dungeon delves anyways).
    I want to see more interaction and story versus fighting. Where's the bluff skill, where's the intimidate skill? Instead of always fighting why can't our characters use such skills to sneak past enemy factions and mobs?
    Better stealth; right now if I'm stealthed and I walk past an enemy faction they are still activated and I get attacked. I should be able to walk past a group stealthed and not enter combat.
    We also need more programmable buttons. We shouldn't be limited to only two slots for daily powers.
    Fewer faction or universal faction currencies. I shouldn't have to collect bounties for each section to earn these seals. They should all be interchangeable and stackable. Don't make the same mistake you guys made with STO and their currency system. Too many currencies and not enough space on character and not enough uses for the currencies only make people less likely to play.

There you go, my list of suggestions.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No additions today, but I changed the titles of a number of guides to reflect their current state, purpose and development more clearly.

I also added some fine print because I have been getting requests to add guides posted in other places, and WIPs. To keep the list useful, I am only adding new guides that are mostly complete (in the sense that they cover a build in its entirety, not that they are finished and require no updates).
  • Options
    ghamrirghamrir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Imivo, this list of guides has been of great help to me as a new player :cool:
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    My thanks to everyone who took the time out of their lives to compose these guides. Also, thanks to the Mod(s) for compiling these guide links and making a sticky out of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Added:

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner TR Build

(This is a really well-formatted, extensive and detailed guide!)

Removed:
    Link to a GWF guide that had been deleted by the author.
  • Options
    nuestinuesti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In response to lordrelentless:

I've played D&D for a little over 20 years now. Started with old school 2nd edition. I never liked 3rd edition and I thought 4th edition was even worse. Having said that, I find it hurts my brain less if I don't think of this game as playing D&D but just playing an MMO set in the Forgotten Realms that I enjoy. With that mindset, I don't really worry too much about what I want out of a D&D game, and I've found I really enjoy Neverwinter.
  • Options
    aienkoyaienkoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this compendum! Will be helpful!
  • Options
    dacovedacove Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posted on accident in wrong thread.
This discussion has been closed.