test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Old, Archive) Master List of Class Builds

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    psyx0psyx0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope that guide writers will improve their texts, right now there more questions raised then solved in those =X
  • Options
    mizery187mizery187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I posted a build setup for a T2/CN Great Weapon Fighter that also works in PvP if you wouldn't mind putting it into this category?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?316031-Akfortyseven-PvE-Build : is the link, thanks.
    Akfortyseven@mizery187
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    mizery187mizery187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good deal, hoping to see some positive feedback with this. Thanks again
    Akfortyseven@mizery187
  • Options
    trajhver2trajhver2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a kind of "all around" cleric build I am trying to do. Access to all passives for any situation. Healing Feats, Astral Seal/Sacred Flame/Repurpose synergy.. I like recovery gear and stats personally.

Here is what I have so far.

alternate build link: http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=nlp:4ai2f:85of,1f322l5:66000:6z0uu:60000&h=1
    TREVOR@TRAJHVER2 on the DRAGON SERVER
    neverwintercleric.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    arntoyarntoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the new calculator. Thanks!
    As a GWF, this is how I beat TR/CW!

[frnXxyM.gif
  • Options
    arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First thing is I like the game thus far for the most part. However, there is a great deal I don't like and I think it is derived from the 4th ed this game is based on. I'd like to share my biggest concern thus far, and that is how feats and powers are designed.

In paper & pen D&D feats are more specific and allow a greater range of benefits and choices. So far the feat structure seems exclusively about increasing specific abilities without any real choices. Not only this, but the increments of benefits are often very low compared to P&P D&D development. (A jump from 1d4 to 1d6 is a 15% increase in damage, not 1%). We're also missing critical skills per class. For example, in P&P D&D a rogue automatically starts with Dungeoneering as a skill as well as stealth and thievery. In this game I'm required (as is everyone) to use a dungeoneering kit to collect things. With the feats, I want to know where are the more fun feats that exist, where is quick draw, where is crossclass/multiclassing? Why aren't we able to play some of the most basic of classes either? In D&D Warlock is a base class, Bard is a base class, Monk is a base class. Yet these are missing or only enemy faction classes.

I don't feel that this is really a D&D game. It has the epitaphs of the game, it shares the name, but it's a poor substitution for the paper and pen game. Not only this is shares a primary flaw with 4th edition. It's battle oriented. Storyline isn't the driving force but unending relentless fighting. I was hoping that this game would resemble and be far closer to the paper and pen version of the game with better more robust options for character development. So while it is fun to play, I don't consider it really D&D.

Somethings that I think need to change: Better storyline; get some story writers and some gm's and start creating real stories for the game.
    Offer more accurate and true to D&D character and racial classes with crossclass abilities to level beyond level 60.
    Create a choice driven skill list rather than fixed skill list for each class.
    More accurate armor choices and the ability to use armor from any class on any class with the appropriate negatives as provided in D&D rules, or the ability to take on feats to use different armors that aren't normally used by the base class.
    Instead of percentile based damage swap to a virtual die roll system (which is already in place for your team structure for dungeon delves anyways).
    I want to see more interaction and story versus fighting. Where's the bluff skill, where's the intimidate skill? Instead of always fighting why can't our characters use such skills to sneak past enemy factions and mobs?
    Better stealth; right now if I'm stealthed and I walk past an enemy faction they are still activated and I get attacked. I should be able to walk past a group stealthed and not enter combat.
    We also need more programmable buttons. We shouldn't be limited to only two slots for daily powers.
    Fewer faction or universal faction currencies. I shouldn't have to collect bounties for each section to earn these seals. They should all be interchangeable and stackable. Don't make the same mistake you guys made with STO and their currency system. Too many currencies and not enough space on character and not enough uses for the currencies only make people less likely to play.

There you go, my list of suggestions.

This is not DnD period. There is no but why or how. It's part of marketing strategy to use the popular brand to polish a hacknslash for easy profits as the phrase "Dungeon and Dragon" usually attract the vast DnD fan base and new players.

By the way, I'm a mage, why do I have to buy ID scroll ???? Enough said.
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I truly belive that more usefull then the calculator would be to lower the cost of re-spec so we can actually try different builds :)
  • Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    perma2_zps21feb36b.png

"INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Link to Guide: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?324111-Build-Guide-quot-INT-Rogue-quot-Perma-Stealth-Build

Build Type:
    • Perma-Stealth
    • Saboteur/Scoundrel hybrid
    Play Style:
    • Strategic Play
    • Relies on Cool Down management to remain in stealth 100% of the time
    • Kills from a distance
    • Applies Poisons (and bleeds with alternate build) while in Stealth
    PvP Role:
    • Can hold an enemy captured area to prevent the opposing team from getting points
    • Excels in 1v1 and 1v2 situations. If the fight becomes too dangerous (ie, fighting against multiple talented players or the whole enemy team, you can just walk away)

Guide also includes Videos
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Made a guide, I can has it added?
  • Options
    silverdicesilverdice Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    talesmith wrote: »
    Made a guide, I can has it added?

Of course you can has it added!

Added:

Aegis' Wrathful Defender Build, a tanking guide
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?337592-((T2))-Thaumaturge-SPEC-POWERS-ROLE

Can you please add this Spec for CWs. Thaumaturge T2 build.
    Thank you.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    bombadeerbombadeer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can I ask. What is the best way to become a powerful control wizard because if you look at me playing here i look like im doing ok but thats mainly because of my companion. What would be the best way to fight without all the help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS9Nekt3g10
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Added:

copticone's Thaumaturge build -- Spec/Powers/Role (T2)

Updated: (new link)

unspecifiederror's Regen Tank/Healer: Gear choices and build

Other changes:

I also removed some of the beta-based material, but left in the Minimum Wisdom Cleric discussion because it explains why some clerics go for STR and not for WIS, and this information is still current.
  • Options
    almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I made my own guide as well, was wondering if it could be added: build
    Build Type: Primarily Control, with secondary DPS
    Play Style: Sit back and watch as huge amounts of singularities overwhelm your enemies.
    PvP Role: Unknown, not designed with PvP in mind.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »

Thank you for your constant upkeep of this thread. Much appreciated.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you add my build to this?
    it is the best gf build atm have tested it on 100's of premades an many 1v1's we setup to test it( all players 12-16k gs) still undefeated vs gf/gwf/tr cw has got me b4 but i mean if they kite verywell there is no touching them (if i have my ult up i kill them otherwise cc'd to death)

done mutiple 2v1's an won many 3v5's an won one 2v5(only cause they never went to our back point)

3v5 [IMG][/img]39073126.jpg

Got postive feedback from ppl that have went my build aswell
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?322521-best-GF-build-atm-By-FearItsSelf-jun4-2013
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    psykomantapsykomanta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would be great to have the info about the guides are for classes BEFORE or AFTER the balance patch.
    Great work and nice overview, thx!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    psykomanta wrote: »
    Would be great to have the info about the guides are for classes BEFORE or AFTER the balance patch.
    Great work and nice overview, thx!

I plan to look over all guides in a few days to see which were updated. The changes are not necessarily huge, but I agree that knowing which guides are updated for the most recent "major" version of the game is definitely useful and desirable. I might opt for a "after release" marker. (For my own guide, I added a little note that it is currently outdated while I test things.)
  • Options
    dakalystadakalysta Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Imivo, you're doing a great job ! THANK YOU !
  • Options
    xolaniaraxolaniara Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for keeping this up to date. Especially for those of us who aren't numbers folk. Thank you to those who are. You make the difference between picking powers and feats that SEEM to make sense and finding a build that works.
    Ask me about oNWN....we remember it well
    Xolaniara d'Lylyl of ToL,
    Emmrald Glanderlin-Hammersmith of Clan Axepeak,
    Kiko Hibou d'Hiver of PoN,
    Sparxy FyreSpryte }x{ - also of PoN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ironwill92ironwill92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    chikarchikar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Someone needs to update a GF PVP build, please!
  • Options
    mmostrategymmostrategy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great starter guides, I actually found very thorough, advanced set of class guides on <removed link> that I have been using for the the last week. I tell you having a good guide makes the game a lot more fun.

Please do not link to any service you have to pay for. - Ambisinisterr
    Learn this 1 Trick to get unlimited Astral Diamonds at MMO Strategy & Tips
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Whats the piont of this again? Wont everything get nerfed and changed around
This discussion has been closed.