test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Old, Archive) Master List of Class Builds

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
F0rTsgA.png

Master List of Class Builds

A Hopefully Helpful Resource for Adventurers in Neverwinter

This post offers a list of links to class guides for Neverwinter, written by members of the community. The material is intended to provide information and personal approaches (as well as plenty of opinions!) shared by other players. This early in the game's evolution, where theorycrafting is still in its infancy, no guide should be looked at as gospel or the One True Way. There are, in fact, many roads that lead to Castle Never.

If you have put together a class guide and would like to see it included in this post, please drop me a PM or leave a note in this thread. I'll be happy to add it!

All credit goes to the kind players who have written up the guides! Thank you, experts!

Control Wizard

runicfi's End Game Thaumaturge Build for PvE and PvP
sent8's CW Icy Aoe build for Leveling
TheEmpire's Control Wizard Renegade Build for PvP
harming18's PvP Tips & Tricks for level 60 Wizards
copticone's Thaumaturge build -- Spec/Powers/Role
iMivo's Renegade Wizard Build -- Stats, Feats and Powers (currently outdated)

Devoted Cleric

Deistik's Critical Cleric Build for PvE
unspecifiederror's Regen Tank/Healer: Gear choices and build
Wintersmercy's The Virtuous Cleric Guide (DPS)
Mewbrey's Cleric Healing Build and Guide, with videos
Avnos's PvPvE Spec - Damage mitigation based healing, with video
lim3yy's PVP Cleric Discussion / Build / Theorycraft Thread
scozzers' Healing Powers and Synergistic Feats (new!)
Sendrien's The Minimum Wisdom Cleric (beta-based, included for the alternative approach)

Great Weapon Fighter

Thorin's Mighty Axe -A GWF Guide
ExtinctioN style GWF - DPS Initiator Guide
Kartofflen's GWF destroyer compendium
chainer88's Stunlock/Burst DPS Guide for PvP (videos/stream)
forsakenlich1's GWF DPS Build for PvE and PvP
Ironwill's GWF PvE DPS Instigator Guide
mizery187's Akfortyseven - PvE Build for the GWF

Guardian Fighter

Rokuthy's Hybrid Tanking Build for End Game PvE Content & Skill Discussion
Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium for PvP
Venore's Debuff Turtle Tanking Guide
Aegis' Wrathful Defender Build, a tanking guide

Trickster Rogue

Luna's TR Build Guide - Executioner's Style
Platefaceii's Trickster Rogue Executioner Build (for 60)
saythin's Trickster Rogue Guide for PvP, with stream/video
Metzli's PvE Dungeon DPS Guide for Trickster Rogues
tgnalfen's Trickster Rogue Compendium
leonf25's Scoundrel Rogue Build and Tactics Discussion
Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner TR Build
x3lade's "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build, with videos

Useful links and other stuff

Neverwinter Calculator for planning your build
Neverwinter Powers / Feat Simulator
freehugs9's Calculating stats and their effects
Ability Score Rolling -- the possible starting stats
Complete List of Console Commands
Official Neverwinter Wiki
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• seleen2seleen2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for compiling this. The lack of class forums makes it nearly impossible to find anything in this chaos!
  • velizarevelizare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sticky this!
  • xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No class guides for Control Wizard?
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xiolin wrote: »
    No class guides for Control Wizard?

None have been posted yet. Hopefully soon. :) We have had quite a few good discussions lately that covered people's thoughts and ideas. You guys think I should include some of those links for the CW until we have "proper" guides?

edit: Okay, I added a link to a thread where a couple of folks and I offered our thoughts on spells, feats and paragons points. It is not a guide, but it's probably better than not having anything for CWs! :)
  • xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    None have been posted yet. Hopefully soon. :) We have had quite a few good discussions lately that covered people's thoughts and ideas. You guys think I should include some of those links for the CW until we have "proper" guides?

Maybe not under class guides, but a separate heading like "Thoughts, Idea's, Opinions and Discussions" :P
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • davc123davc123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    no Wizard :(
  • fearnight1fearnight1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great thread, I will be checking back here. Keep the guides coming :)
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    davc123 wrote: »
    no Wizard :(

I added a link to a thread with wizardry discussions so that there is something for the CWs until we get a proper guide. :) I actually have a L60 CW, but I only hit the cap the other day and I don't feel I should try to write a CW guide before I have cleared at least some of the epic dungeons!
  • sgceosgceo Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    imivo, the devoted cleric guide by drake5252 is filled with potentially misleading information. The only good thing of that guide is correct attribute, power and feat descriptions. Most of other information that aims to 'guide', i.e. his opinions are largely, I have to say, incorrect.

Here's a very good Cleric feedback/guide:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?76051-Level-40-Cleric-Feedback
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! I have removed the link for now. Appreciate the feedback! :)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice job - hopefully this will keep being updated and turned into a sticky.
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yes sticky, needa good place to look for builds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This deserved a sticky, and the class is Devoted Cleric, not Devout. :)
    edited May 2013
    Whoops! The Devoted Cleric is now properly devoted! :) I also included falchoin's L40 guide, because it has so much valuable discussion and thoughts in both the guide and the entire thread. Thanks to sgceo for the suggestion!
  • grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for doing this. Is there a way to recomend a thread be stickied?
  • bigglefroo6bigglefroo6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    This is an outstanding post, thank you very much Imivo!
  • grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Should be stickied and updated regularly, not on page 2. Biddy biddy bump, funky funky.
  • sl333pysl333py Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sticky pls !
  • jgfujgfu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect idea, Stick this xD ((Keep it up dated >_>))
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . . I will sticky this as long as it is understood that this is done as a tool to help the Community build a Guide in the Official Wiki. Unfortunately, we won't be sticking any more user guides on the forum, as we would now like to see such things imported and created in the Official Wiki. Then, in time we might be able to include informative lists in forum stickies to specific user Guides. As well, I have a feeling that we might start "Spotlighting" user Guides, which would be awesome.

. . . . . . However, I have no problems and will gladly sticky this thread for a undetermined amount of time, as long as it is used to gather information for a future Wiki Guide. Thanks and keep rocking! Looking forward to seeing the Wiki grow and expand, for sure!
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the sticky, Zebular! I agree that it is a good idea to develop the Wiki into the primary resource for all things Neverwinter, including guides. This allows the community to directly contribute and update materials even if the original authors may have moved on. I look at this list here as an interim solution to make it easier for players to find class guides that are currently on the forums. It should also help to stimulate discussion within the threads, which I think will assist with developing a knowledge base for the Wiki.
  • difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whoever is in charge of the Wiki, can we request a section specifically for community created builds and guides? I guess anyone with expert experience in adding/creating content on Wiki's could do it too I suppose. I am thinking of something along the lines of a PvX wiki.
  • sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    seleen2 wrote: »
    Thanks for compiling this. The lack of class forums makes it nearly impossible to find anything in this chaos!

Yeah seems a bit backwards that they had more organization and sub-forums during closed beta than they do now. Talk about backwards progression.
  • sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . I will sticky this as long as it is understood that this is done as a tool to help the Community build a Guide in the Official Wiki. Unfortunately, we won't be sticking any more user guides on the forum, as we would now like to see such things imported and created in the Official Wiki. Then, in time we might be able to include informative lists in forum stickies to specific user Guides. As well, I have a feeling that we might start "Spotlighting" user Guides, which would be awesome.

. . . . . . However, I have no problems and will gladly sticky this thread for a undetermined amount of time, as long as it is used to gather information for a future Wiki Guide. Thanks and keep rocking! Looking forward to seeing the Wiki grow and expand, for sure!

People dont use wiki for class build guides. They use wiki's for static information for items like skill descriptions/damage tables, dungeon maps, boss drops, loot tables, etc etc.

Class build guides are discussed, argued over, debated and very dynamic in nature. Wiki would be the worst place to have such a discussion as wiki wasnt really built to have discussions.

Its why you need to recreate the class and race subforums we had access to in the forums during the closed beta, and allow people to post and discuss build guides there. You know, like every other commercial MMO online community does.
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Darn I was excited about my thread having the most views on these forums but now yours is going to take over! QQQQ
    JK, glad you did this. It'll be nice to have if class specific forums never make an appearance.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
    edited May 2013
    Freshly added: Venore's Debuff Turtle Tanking Guide (GF).

@Jeremiah: It was actually your guide that finally made me sit down and put together a list! :p
  • redzorxredzorx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, any sign of a guide about companions? I am struggling to find info on which companion provides the most dps in dungeons. Honey Badger?

Can I transfer companions between characters? Auction them?

Is this guide still valid? Worth adding to the list if it is, IMHO.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?111111-Companion-info-and-a-bit-of-a-guide
  • redzorxredzorx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sand1972 wrote: »
    People dont use wiki for class build guides. They use wiki's for static information for items like skill descriptions/damage tables, dungeon maps, boss drops, loot tables, etc etc.

Class build guides are discussed, argued over, debated and very dynamic in nature. Wiki would be the worst place to have such a discussion as wiki wasnt really built to have discussions.

Its why you need to recreate the class and race subforums we had access to in the forums during the closed beta, and allow people to post and discuss build guides there. You know, like every other commercial MMO online community does.

I agree with this.

By the way official wiki is somewhat lacking infromation now. On another site which i visit there is more and more accurate translated into my native language. In the country which is under PW's IP block and we have to use proxies to register.

Sorry for offtopic.
  • jaz182jaz182 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm QQ'ing hard over the lack of wizard builds, But i'm sure they are comming ;)
  • batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
This discussion has been closed.