Install Arc
Options

Who is down for a Rollback?

Comments

• Options
    bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    escritores wrote: »
    bloodygatita earned a trollscore of minus 1 million in this thread... You're horrible at flamebaiting... Stop... Now... Don't embarrass yourself any further... Please...

Now on topic... No company in their right mind rolls back a game after people spent money on it... Regardless of exploiters and other types of MMO pests.. Simple reason being noone in their right mind would play a game knowing the chance of everything they paid for could become null and void at any given time... It would just be horrible buisness wise as simple as that...

You sir! are a genious..err genoius um.. a really smart guy.

That's why they said no wipe, so people would spend money

Who in their right mind spend money on a toon that would get wiped.

Now they got yer money, jokes on you.
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm...

I would take a wipe, but ONLY and ONLY if they refunded me all of my zen purchased, as well as giving all founders/guardians their astral diamonds back.

I love the game enough that id start over, and they should also give everybody something to say thank you for testing.

Though id have to spend all that zen again...hah. I love my twilight flame horse >.>

Its either that or take the auction house offline and go through the records, banning all of the exploiters and investigating/suspending suspicious accounts...but that would be a nightmare to do.

It would honestly be so much easier to refund zen (and they would lose NO money by giving you your zen balance back, because zen purchased is already spent money, so this makes more sense)
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you want to wipe my characters that I've invested my precious time into, make me start over, and make me go through the same content all over again for all my alts, just because there are some people out there that exploited their way into having more virtual goodies than you? Yeesh.. no thanks. I don't give a flying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if someone ruined their own fun to "win" the internet. Their exploits in no way affect the enjoyment I get playing this game.

Wiping my characters hurts me, not them. Wiping my characters just means they'll find another way to exploit the system to "win" the internet. So there you'll be in the same position at level whatever with whatever equipment you have now and guess what? There will be other people out there at level 60 with millions of AD and all the best gear possible before you.

What's the point? Let me keep playing the characters I've spent a lot of my precious free time on. The internet winners will still be doing what they're doing regardless. The only thing wiping would do is make Neverwinter lose a bunch of players. It wouldn't punish the exploiters at all. If anything it just gives them more of a rush as they try and figure out another way to exploit.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Let's burn down the village to save the village ? *Note, village may contain 5% exploiters*

This is up there with "kill them all and let god sort them out" as a rule of engagement IMO.
    Every game I have ever played had exploiters and/or people who paid real money for gear.
    This game is free to play with a cash shop, so at least if people are going to "pay to not grind" then the money goes to the people who made and support the game.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually read every post in this thread. It seems like this is an issue that divides us almost 50/50. However , I get the impression that those supporting the wipe/roll back are thinking more of the future of the game itself. While those no wanting it are pointing out problems it would cause themselves..normally,just a couple days grind..At this point the game has not been out long enough to be frightened of a wipe. Further more, the xp grind is nothing to be concerned with, its pretty easy and fast..

I can say this, between the accounts of my wife and myself, we have spent in the shop to support the game. We do not expect this level of exploitation to be allowed to stand.

If something does not happen I would not be a paying customer in the future.

Thank you to everyone for well thought out arguments and comments. We need to get the bottom of this in one way or another.

I still say a wipe/rollback would be the most fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How is that remotely fair to those that did not exploit. My time is valuable
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »

Are you saying you did not enjoy playing the game? Why would you sign up as a beta tester expecting no chance at all anything would be rolled back?

We have an ongoing argument over weather ppl think this game is live or in beta..Well, I say it is beta, and the only way to say it is to take some beta lvl action..

Honestly, those players who did not like the game enough to make a legit toon under legit conditions are not going to spend cash anyway, and will leave soon enough.

Some players who have spends 200-1000 are probably not going anywhere. I would think most of those would like to know everything is on the level..I encourage someone with the power to review my cash shop record...Carefully..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »

It isn't.

BUT the longer term effects of not having a wipe are likely to cause far more issues than the short-term pain of a wipe.
  • Options
    kanemeisterkanemeister Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have history of all the zen purchases... just wipe the game back to lvl 1 and refund the zen not the cash but the zen to the accounts and start over.

Or they could just open a New server? thats pretty much a wipe if you have to start over anyways.
    Just make it so you cannot transfer your Open beta characters to the New released servers. Easy and they dont <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyone off. Maybe give every1 one more character slot...
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a rollback is their best option, then I lose all faith in PWE/Cryptic in being able to police their game and discipline exploiters. It would just tell me they have no means of tracking down those who offended and can only punish everyone with broad strokes, and that doesn't work for me. I didn't cheat for epics and because of that I don't accept sharing punishment with those who did. Track down and punish those who exploited and violated the TOS and only them.
  • Options
    thelgowthelgow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Well, they keep insisting its still a beta and not live.
    So play the wild card, wipe. And for their defense, it's a beta.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The problem is that it is not only the exploiters who were unfairly rewarded. Everyone who bought items from them are also unjustly rewarded..Everyone who grouped with players who were equipped above their means and carried other through content, everyone who rolled in pvp with over geared players and gained ..It just messes up the whole works, everything is suspect and nothing can be considered well earned at this point...imho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    The only way I would agree is if I were refunded the zen for the almost $300 I have sunk into my cleric. I personally have not farmed the exploitable content. If that took place, I would have no issue releveling my character
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is that it is not only the exploiters who were unfairly rewarded. Everyone who bought items from them are also unjustly rewarded..Everyone who grouped with players who were equipped above their means and carried other through content, everyone who rolled in pvp with over geared players and gained ..It just messes up the whole works, everything is suspect and nothing can be considered well earned at this point...imho.

That is exactly how I feel as well.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who is down for a Rollback?
    Not devs and that is only thing that matters.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    It isn't.

BUT the longer term effects of not having a wipe are likely to cause far more issues than the short-term pain of a wipe.

I couldn't disagree more. If a wipe happens at this point, I likely leave the game. I wouldn't be the only one. It is far too late to even remotely consider this nonsense
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Not devs and that is only thing that matters.

The devs are down for what will keep paying players paying. To keep me paying, I want a legit start. I will play for free regardless, do not get me wrong. However, I will only sink money into a game that is not taken seriously, and to let this slide would not be taking the actual launch seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe is not happening. They would be sued for false advertisement, lose at least half of their playerbase over the outrage (the playerbase that is not already going vack to WoW), would have to give out an absolute frack ton of refunds ontop of all that.

Repurcussions of no wipe? Maybe 100 people leaving.

Decisions decisions...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    Wipe is not happening. They would be sued for false advertisement, lose at least half of their playerbase over the outrage (the playerbase that is not already going vack to WoW), would have to give out an absolute frack ton of refunds ontop of all that.

Repurcussions of no wipe? Maybe 100 people leaving.

Decisions decisions...

Nothing you said here is factual. Their would be zero repercussions. A better game with a fresh new start would bring new players, the TOS states that they can change delete or remove any content at any time for any reason.

So it seems you do not know what you are talking about.

Sure, their can be debate over what the player base "might" do..but, being as the game is in beta, wiping to repair such a huge exploit to the economy and such would most likely be accepted and viewed as Cryptic taking a tough stance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blatterfestblatterfest Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every Zen needs to be refunded
    BWAHAHHAHHAHAHAAAA... ahhh... nice 1
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm so, so, so disappointed they said no wipes. A rollback would be nice, but they'll never let it happen - they made that apparent with the "concern" they feigned over every exploit that's hit so far. At this point, if there's no wipe, or at least a rollback, they can have my 60 for the Guardian pack and not another cent; I'll be waiting for FFXIV.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nope I am 100% legit and roll backs = I want my 180$ spent in the zen store back as a refund or else someone is getting sued for fraud
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback? Sure.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the game rolled back, I'd receive $3000 worth of zen which I'd know what to spend on and what not to spend on. Please rethink you wish. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    vyldorvyldor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    If the game rolled back, I'd receive $3000 worth of zen which I'd know what to spend on and what not to spend on. Please rethink you wish. :)

tell me this is a joke and u didnt spent 3,000$ worth of zen on this broken game
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mods have stated there won't be any roll back.
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The mods are committing financial suicide, then.
  • Options
    sammylolsammylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No they are just being lazy. It's not hard to find who has exploited and roll them back instead of rolling everyone back.
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just can't help but wonder why not one single T1/T2 set bonus was tested before launch. Sure we had access to the content during the close 'beta'(read: weekend), but that wasn't even close to enough to allow us to gauge the items.

The moment even 1 set bonus was bugged, all set bonuses should have been disabled and tested internally.

Alas, this is PWE. I didn't expect much coming into it, but I most certainly have gotten my $200 worth from the good times in pvp/pve alone.

tl;dr I'm down with a wipe, all characters restored to levels at time of wipe with a loot box for a full set of blues and AD to compensate for time lost.
  • Options
    harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind a rollback if they refunded all my spend zen.
    im 500+ in tho, rollback w/o refund = quit