test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is down for a Rollback?

clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok, we all know we have some issues, the game is being exploited and well to be honest, nothing can can be considered legit right now except maybe straight mob/quest grinding xp.

This indeed feels bad to the honest player who is struggling through the balance issues and bugs only to see the exploiters rake in the rewards.

I like the game, and I do think it will be fine at launch. However I have invested a considerable amount of money between my wife and myself. At this point it will feel so much better to know that we will see a rollback to put everything on the level by launch.

Overlooking bugs in beta for me is easy. Not QQing over every bad thing that happens , also easy..Knowing that some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> will be sitting pretty after everything gets patched up , well idk if I can handle that one.

Lets get a movement going to see some rollbacks, I know the grind sucks ..blah blah blah, but honestly it would be best for the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote Originally Posted by roents
It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
Post edited by clockwerkninja on

Comments

• dutchie24dutchie24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ummm...........no. People exploit in literally every MMO that has ever existed. The rollback you want so badly will do nothing but force them to find another way to exploit and within a month or 2 you'll be back here with everyone else whining and complaining about the same stuff.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dutchie24 wrote: »
    ummm...........no. People exploit in literally every MMO that has ever existed. The rollback you want so badly will do nothing but force them to find another way to exploit and within a month or 2 you'll be back here with everyone else whining and complaining about the same stuff.

Hmm...You lay out a very condescending argument, but somehow manage to not move my opinion at all..I have been playing and closed beta testing MMO games for over 2 decades , I have some idea what we can expect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • kneehighsyaaaakneehighsyaaaa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The grinding doesn't suck. This game is faster to level in than almost any other mmo I have played. I like the idea of a rollback after they fix the broken feats, the ****ty dungeon rewards, the awful design of a boss ****ting out adds all day, and possibly making T1-T2 bind on pick-up rather than boe(but that will never happen because they want nerds to buy it with zen).
    Gza the Genius - Elf Guardian Fighter
    the Rza - dog companion

Mindflayer
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The grinding doesn't suck. This game is faster to level in than almost any other mmo I have played. I like the idea of a rollback after they fix the broken feats, the ****ty dungeon rewards, the awful design of a boss ****ting out adds all day, and possibly making T1-T2 bind on pick-up rather than boe(but that will never happen because they want nerds to buy it with zen).

Shhh..I know the grind is easy mode..I played FF 11 at launch..I was just trying to make this accessible to the public.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback how far? From what I understand these bugs have been here since the start just not widespread. If that's true, only a wipe will fix the damage they've done. And I don't imagine they'd ever do that considering the amount of money people have invested in the game.
    edited May 2013
    Uh, three weeks of "open beta"(lol live release) isn't really a big time investment and they can always take the total zen purchased and just add it onto your account after the wipe. If a company can't manage that task, I doubt they can handle running a game.
    the Rza - dog companion

Mindflayer
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh, three weeks of "open beta"(lol live release) isn't really a big time investment and they can always take the total zen purchased and just add it onto your account after the wipe. If a company can't manage that task, I doubt they can handle running a game.

Oh it's no doubt technically possible, the question is would the hit to their population (plus the cries of refunds from quitting players) be worth the 'balance' attempt.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't punish innocent people, you punish the offenders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too bad the other thread got locked, so I am guessing this one will as well.

Back on topic: I am up for a wipe, but it has to be handled well and not fumbled.
    Every Zen needs to be refunded, and we need to be thanked in some way for alpha testing, because right now that is what the game feels like - a very early alpha test.
  • flukeredflukered Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, i would expect a real developer with integrity to have a full wipe at release written into the beta agreement.
    It's a good cover-all that also enables the devs to let beta-testers playtest the cash-shop's stuff with something like weekly credit gifts. (just set it at a regular 10-year olds weekly allowance level or something)

I mean, if it's a BETA, that means that the devs want as many people as possible to playtest the *** out of every nook and cranny of the game to get it bug-free quicker.. right? Including the usefullnes/powerlevel of paid items.

But alas.
    this f2p trend is facebook-app levels of moneygrubbing..
    fools and their money...

I can't belive i'm typing this, but..
    The games industry was more honest before all this f2p/founders/prepurchase nonsense.

these are dark times, may something better emerge from the ruins of this coming gaming apocalypse..

And also..

Doomed, i tell you!
  • rengetsu08rengetsu08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    flukered wrote: »
    Personally, i would expect a real developer with integrity to have a full wipe at release written into the beta agreement.
    It's a good cover-all that also enables the devs to let beta-testers playtest the cash-shop's stuff with something like weekly credit gifts. (just set it at a regular 10-year olds weekly allowance level or something)

I mean, if it's a BETA, that means that the devs want as many people as possible to playtest the *** out of every nook and cranny of the game to get it bug-free quicker.. right? Including the usefullnes/powerlevel of paid items.

But alas.
    this f2p trend is facebook-app levels of moneygrubbing..
    fools and their money...

I can't belive i'm typing this, but..
    The games industry was more honest before all this f2p/founders/prepurchase nonsense.

these are dark times, may something better emerge from the ruins of this coming gaming apocalypse..

And also..

Doomed, i tell you!

i know your concern man, the only UP with this new games are the graphics and play style the rest are The 2nd Coming of Apocalypse.

also im concern with Neverwinter Online, not a true D&D game anymore, truly sad :(

as for the Author of this thread it is likely that this game will be rebooted or will be rollback when the game come out of BETA stage.
    Half-Elf Devoted Cleric-Divine Oracle Build, Powers and Feats:V1.0, V2.0
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If there's a wipe, I'm gone. They said there wouldn't be one. Target the exploiters, not everyone.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    If there's a wipe, I'm gone. They said there wouldn't be one. Target the exploiters, not everyone.

There isn't going to be a wipe and everyone knows that.

They probably won't even be bothered to ban the exploiters.
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    There isn't going to be a wipe and everyone knows that.

They probably won't even be bothered to ban the exploiters.

A wild genius appears.
    the Rza - dog companion

Mindflayer
  • adevlin1991adevlin1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I would be happy with a gear/gold/zen/AD wipe. Everyone keeps their levels but is reset to having level appropriate greens. All zen would be refunded back into the account.

I have cleared almost everything with a mixed group GF,DC,CW,CW,TR(me) with the exception of Dracolich. But I would be happy to be put back to greens if it meant that the people who have tanked the prices on epics by exploiting the game were banned and the items removed from circulation. A group in greens could clear up to Dracoluch in Castle Never, this game is all about group composition and CC coordination.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be happy with a gear/gold/zen/AD wipe. Everyone keeps their levels but is reset to having level appropriate greens. All zen would be refunded back into the account.

I have cleared almost everything with a mixed group GF,DC,CW,CW,TR(me) with the exception of Dracolich. But I would be happy to be put back to greens if it meant that the people who have tanked the prices on epics by exploiting the game were banned and the items removed from circulation. A group in greens could clear up to Dracoluch in Castle Never, this game is all about group composition and CC coordination.

I would agree with this
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nope, my time is limited.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one has yet put out a good reason to do a rollback.

I mean, so what? What is the consequences if we do not do a rollback? As far as I can tell, that means some players are better geared or more wealthy than others. I don't care.

What are the consequences of doing a roll back? All legit players lose everything. In spite of the temptations, there are plenty of folks who "play right" without cheats/exploits/etc.

So it comes down to a question of punish everyone to ensure you get the wrongdoers, or let it slide so the innocent can enjoy their experience. When it comes down to THAT, every time I will say to favor the innocent. Doubly so, because--- sploiters gonna sploit. They can fix everything we know about, and still the type of player that will cheat will find a different way to cheat, so the sploiters will continue to be overgeared and prosper, and the innocent will... have to start over to end up right back where we are today.
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, we all know we have some issues, the game is being exploited and well to be honest, nothing can can be considered legit right now except maybe straight mob/quest grinding xp.

This indeed feels bad to the honest player who is struggling through the balance issues and bugs only to see the exploiters rake in the rewards.

I like the game, and I do think it will be fine at launch. However I have invested a considerable amount of money between my wife and myself. At this point it will feel so much better to know that we will see a rollback to put everything on the level by launch.

Overlooking bugs in beta for me is easy. Not QQing over every bad thing that happens , also easy..Knowing that some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> will be sitting pretty after everything gets patched up , well idk if I can handle that one.

Lets get a movement going to see some rollbacks, I know the grind sucks ..blah blah blah, but honestly it would be best for the game.

there is basically one zone only per level range, and most of them aren't interesting enough to do happily on 2 characters, let alone as many as I plan. Once I've force-fed the 3 or 4 main classes I plan to settle with, there is no way in Hell I would do those same zones over and over even more times no matter how hard i rush and mash through it. even doing pvp in between sometimes when I'm close to the 9th level of each bracket to have better gear & more skill points, there is no way in hell after 3 or 4 characters (once I've raised them) that I will then turn and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN, IN THE SAME EXACT CONTENT THAT GETS OLD BY THE SECOND TIME.

you think people are exploiting now? people that haven't yet, you can be certain will if there's another wipe (and another wipe could only be level related, otherwise people who have spent money will raise a ****storm, yourself & myself included). I shouldn't be punished by being forced to go through content that had become boring all over again, it'll certainly make me regret I didn't quest foundry my toons to 60 like everyone else so at least the content would actually feel new to me in that case. I'd wind up having to pay someone to level my toons through the zones for me.

I have a hard time enjoying the same thing twice, in games, the second time becomes work, and refinement. I try to make it fast and efficient, because I can only enjoy things the first time I experience them. After that it becomes dull quickly until I'm more bothered than entertained.

All mmorpgs have people who use exploits and get ahead, the ones that aren't banned or who are smart enough to have multiple accounts (even back when we purchased them and kept a sub going on them) will maintain much if not a majority of the benefits, even if their main accounts are banned. that's just what happens, I have known people in past games who have done that, and who I have transfered for since they gave me things and helped me out for it.

I'm usually too lazy to do exploits myself in games since most of the time they feel monotonous, but there have been auction exploits, trade exploits, and immunity exploits in previous mmorpgs I have played as well as experience ones (those were often the more tempting since they were also able to be done sometimes while you slept when someone let you) and those games did not punish the entire servers for it. sometimes they'd rollback the people's who activity logged on their accounts confirmed deliberate serial exploiting, or they were banned. that's as far as you could go without punishing everyone else and making the time they invested mean squat. you think I like the fact I'm still in my late 40's on my main while people were level 60 ina few days from launch? No. that was my choice, & their choice was their choice. i shouldn't have to start over because of someone else's easy break.

And it's not the grind that sucks, that isn't a grind. that's running around fetching items and killing a few things ata time then running around all over the place again to hand it in. I would actually enjoy a real grind, in my first mmorpg I oftne played as tank grinding off the same spot and spawns for a day at a time, what you people call 'the grind' these days makes me laugh. what you think of as a grind is the same boring stuff that made me unable to play wow. if I could actually level efficiently enough off of a REAL grind in this game, I would on the second toon and up once I knew what quests were useful and the rest would be skipped since I hate running everywhere fetching and handing thing sin all the time.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Long as I was refunded the Zen I've spent I don't care.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh. I most probably am leaning towards supporting the "no rollback" faction. I love the game as much as everyone else does, but really in all honesty, a rollback is a horrible solution/fix for an exploit problem. Yes, it may fix the problem but in doing so it will create other problems, specially for the players who did their best to play the game honestly without exploiting any bugs. I just got my first set of epic gear from the PVP store, and that took me quite some time to get. It's not a solution if it will give others problems and feelings of discontent in the process.

I'm a free to play player, a freeloader who hasn't spent a dime in this game yet but I love this game and support it nonetheless. I don't think I can bring myself to play again after seeing all the hard work and time I spent on this game be "reset" for something as silly as a rollback for exploits with effects that will eventually be fixed by players themselves over time. The scenario right now is something that will only last for as long as the exploit exists. Once it is fixed, and there will be new content and epic items to farm, it will only be a matter of time before the demand for these items subside due to having better dungeon loot players can spend on in the Auction House.
  • nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    No rollbacks or wipes.
    If possible, find out who the exploiters are and confiscate their AD/ZEN and maybe remove their characters, but no rollbacks that hurt those of us who don't exploit.
  • kalwrathkalwrath Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only if they refund all $ spent on Zen.
    edited May 2013
    also being locked out of a toon on loading an instance needs to be fixed, still happens sometimes and if I normal log back into one I'm stuck in it sometimes. that also happened to me in the foudnry a few times where my portal button didn't work, that was weeks ago though in there. maybe it's ping idk, but it takes logging into another character for a hwile to make the portal button work if that happens and doesn't reset me to town when logging back in. I generally do the safe login now, but it'sannoying having to run back somewhere or re-Q if it's a daily.

kalwrath wrote: »
    Only if they refund all $ spent on Zen.

if they did a rollback but refunded the money, I'd spend it elsewhere lol. no way I'm gonna go through everything again.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • aeschillesaeschilles Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd be completely happy with a wipe if it stopped my eyes going "BOING BOING!" everytime the screen did..

So long as those who have spent on Zen retain it to their account I see no problem.

Still be as level a playing field as it ever was...
    * Nothing is constant but change *
  • bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    I personally can't wait till the wipe comes. All QQ about not getting $ refunded spent on Zen will be so entertaining.

PWI is in the business on taking, not giving back. Read the EUL, which also enables them to execute the wipe, which as I have said is coming.

When the
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I personally can't wait till the wipe comes. All QQ about not getting $ refunded spent on Zen will be so entertaining.

PWI is in the business on taking, not giving back. Read the EUL, which also enables them to execute the wipe, which as I have said is coming.

When the

Will never happen
    edited May 2013
    aeschilles wrote: »
    I'd be completely happy with a wipe if it stopped my eyes going "BOING BOING!" everytime the screen did..

So long as those who have spent on Zen retain it to their account I see no problem.

Still be as level a playing field as it ever was...

there is no way some people will go through the content again, you would have people looking for new ways to PL or going to a different game entirely. int hat case, money should be refunded for purchased zen, not the actual zen itself cause it would be a waste since some would not have the patience to reuse it. or they have to spend more money on an outside leveling service to avoid the fetch **** again.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Will never happen

Yea? why?
    edited May 2013

When the

if they did that it owuld be a class-action lawsuit, not to mention pwi would have a lot of bad PR. with a lot of ripoffs going on in the game industry, like the warz, EA who recently PO'd ppl with sim city, defiance's launch with issues we saw way back in alpha still effing people weeks after official launch, people's tolerance starts to lessen. not to mention it would grab a bunch of certain people's attention possibly, which would not be a good thing either.
    Evil, be thou my good.