What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who is down for a Rollback?

Comments

• Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally can't wait till the wipe comes. All QQ about not getting $ refunded spent on Zen will be so entertaining.

PWI is in the business on taking, not giving back. Read the EUL, which also enables them to execute the wipe, which as I have said is coming.

When the

if they did that it owuld be a class-action lawsuit, not to mention pwi would have a lot of bad PR. with a lot of ripoffs going on in the game industry, like the warz, EA who recently PO'd ppl with sim city, defiance's launch with issues we saw way back in alpha still effing people weeks after official launch, people's tolerance starts to lessen. not to mention it would grab a bunch of certain people's attention possibly, which would not be a good thing either.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Also consider this. After 3 weeks the majority of the cash committed is surly drying up or at least coming to a trickle.

Most of the ones currently playing are slowing their purchases down, and those are the ones that are willing to pay.

PWI will need a new crop of marks to soak. There is a lot of money sitting on the sidelines watching the player base of this sham they call open beta reach lvl cap. The train has left the station.

PWI will force a wipe, so they can entice new money into the game. Use the term "official release" with wipe.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also consider this. After 3 weeks the majority of the cash committed is surly drying up or at least coming to a trickle.

Most of the ones currently playing are slowing their purchases down, and those are the ones that are willing to play.

PWI will need a new crop of marks to soak. There is a lot of money sitting on the sidelines wasting the player base of this sham they call open beta reach lvl cap. The train has left the station.

PWI will force a wipe, so they can entice new money into the game. Use the term "official release" with wipe.

That would be bad. People don't like being ripped off. That's theft. If that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if the exploits were enabled/left within the game and used by people deliberately to create an unannounced wipe claiming it was an emergency, after promising no more wipes encouraging people to blow money on zen. I would expect no less from the chinese lol. sheisters.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea? why?

Mostly because they've been saying since Open Beta started there will be no wipes. They've plastered that everywhere. People have invested money (some people a lot of it) believing that. It would be financial suicide for this game to go back on what they said.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    Mostly because they've been saying since Open Beta started there will be no wipes. They've plastered that everywhere. People have invested money (some people a lot of it) believing that. It would be financial suicide for this game to go back on what they said.

This is part of it. Even if they refunded Zen, people would institute chargebacks on their cards and they would win them. Even with Zen out of the picture, it's FAR too late to rollback.

It simply will not happen
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Read the EUL.

You signed a contract.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    This is part of it. Even if they refunded Zen, people would institute chargebacks on their cards and they would win them. Even with Zen out of the picture, it's FAR too late to rollback

unfortunately paypal only allows 45 days to chargeback, if it seems they are going to do a wipe and it's closing on that 45th day I'm not gonna get screwed like I did on the warz last year (I deserved that one though, for knowingly waiting rather than doing the charge back when I could, hopeful stupidity which was on me). I'll just do the chargeback day before that 45th day if it truly seems a wipe would be coming, and I would advise the same to anyone else who used paypal. at worst you'd only be blacklisted on a chinese market or something, and from a company of which I'm certain many of you would only have played and planned to play one game of. not worth risking losing your money on those terms from a practical perspective.

I'm gonna be checking these forums and reading dev notes and seeing if a wipe may be considered on the way to that 45th day, unless they release anew zone for every level range so I wouldn't have to do the same fetch quests in the same fetch zones again, or make foundry grindable like the good old days of mmorpgs, which to me is less boring than running back and forth all over a map to kill and loot a few things at a time and run all the way back again. just kill xp for ogres, or make it barely more than a normal mob, making normal mobs more practical, so you can mass pull and kill things over and over, it would probably be slower than fetch questing, but at least it owuldn't put me to sleep or make me have to get up once or twice every 30 minutes because I get so bored running around everywhere. There's no way I'm doing that all over again. And I'd get my money back from someone some way or another, even if I had to screw a few other acc to do it in the long run.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Read the EUL.

You signed a contract.

Lol, you think MMO EULAs are invulnerable? Sorry, they aren't

Besides, this has nothing to do with the EULA. It's about marketing
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how Cryptic and PWI like the fact that such a large percent of their player base is already 60 after 3 weeks.

I can hear the 60's now after another week.. "Give me more content, or I'm not buying any more Zen"
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So basically you are saying you want a wipe essentially killing the game off.
    You aren't helping the game. You are destroying the game with a wipe.
    A wipe makes absolute not sense.
    The leveling in this game is so quick that people who made multiple characters didn't gain an amazing advantage of it.
    Saving 1 day and 23 hrs is like nothing. You can make a lot of comparison to how many hrs and minutes a human being wastes instead of putting it to good use.
    I believe more legit players would be pissed off if a wipe happens because the exploiters have no accomplished for legit players to lose all their stuff.
    Essentially, you caused more harm then done good.

Forums are manifested with complete idiots and you are one of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The leveling in this game is so quick that people who made multiple characters didn't gain an amazing advantage of it.
    Saving 1 day and 23 hrs is like nothing. You can make a lot of comparison to how many hrs and minutes a human being wastes instead of putting it to good use.
    I believe more legit players would be pissed off if a wipe happens because the exploiters have no accomplished for legit players to lose all their stuff.

^

/10char
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No I would not be "down" with a roll back.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Take your meds, you're rambling incoherently.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how Cryptic and PWI like the fact that such a large percent of their player base is already 60 after 3 weeks.

I can hear the 60's now after another week.. "Give me more content, or I'm not buying any more Zen"

More unsubstantiated drivel. It's funny how you suddenly cropped up today. I'm sure this isn't your first dance on these forums. Your intentions are embarassingly easy to decipher
  • Options
    aeschillesaeschilles Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's still going "Boing Boing". My chars moonwalk *without* moonwalking back to where they were constantly.. getting unplayable...
    * Nothing is constant but change *
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    More unsubstantiated drivel. It's funny how you suddenly cropped up today. I'm sure this isn't your first dance on these forums. Your intentions are embarassingly easy to decipher

LOL. You give me to much credit. I'v only been lurking like last 2 weeks. Just leeching, since I have not paid a single penny to PWI.

I guess, I'm just an offended consumer, and offended the way they conduct their business.

Doesn't mean I havnt enjoyed the game.
    I don't give my money to devs and pubs who operate in the shadows.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Take your meds, you're rambling incoherently.

Oh, you want a TLDR?
    Here you go idiot.
    If wipe happens then game dies.
    OP doesn't understand anything about design patterns or game design in general.
    OP doesn't understand anything about exploits nor the psychology behind why people do what.
    I am currently getting paid a lot to call you an idiot on a gaming forum.

I personally played this game because my friends started and it's a fun game if you don't have to read all this non-sense people talk about.
    When it comes to exploiters... AGAIN it's a tiny playerbase that has an advantage and ANY game will have a tiny playerbase that will have an advantage over others because:

#1 They form parties and have the ability to do speed runs.
    #2 They focus more on the game and analyzing the game instead of *****ing.
    #3 They have experience on what is the fastest (legit) method of leveling.
    #4 Priorities (lvling, gear, money)
    #5 They know how to play the Auction house.
    #6 Knowing game mechanics.

All these points make for people to have an advantage over some that have no ****ing clue about a game.
    It's sad to see that most people as of today still have no clue how to do ANY of the above.
    Smart people will always be ahead don't be surprised.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    LOL. You give me to much credit. I'v only been lurking like last 2 weeks. Just leeching, since I have not paid a single penny to PWI.

I guess, I'm just an offended consumer, and offended the way they conduct their business.

Doesn't mean I havnt enjoyed the game.
    I don't give my money to devs and pubs who operate in the shadows.

Lol, you think you are a consumer if you haven't paid. You aren't. You are a potential customer, nothing more then that
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im all for cinamon rolls...

roll back - NEVER going to happen, stopp wasting everybodys time - rollback would mean they had to pay back any zen spent - NEVER going to happen...so let it go
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh, you want a TLDR?
    Here you go idiot.
    If wipe happens then game dies.
    OP doesn't understand anything about design patterns or game design in general.
    OP doesn't understand anything about exploits nor the psychology behind why people do what.
    I am currently getting paid a lot to call you an idiot on a gaming forum.

I personally played this game because my friends started and it's a fun game if you don't have to read all this non-sense people talk about.
    When it comes to exploiters... AGAIN it's a tiny playerbase that has an advantage and ANY game will have a tiny playerbase that will have an advantage over others because:

#1 They form parties and have the ability to do speed runs.
    #2 They focus more on the game and analyzing the game instead of *****ing.
    #3 They have experience on what is the fastest (legit) method of leveling.
    #4 Priorities (lvling, gear, money)
    #5 They know how to play the Auction house.
    #6 Knowing game mechanics.

All these points make for people to have an advantage over some that have no ****ing clue about a game.
    It's sad to see that most people as of today still have no clue how to do ANY of the above.
    Smart people will always be ahead don't be surprised.

Soo how many lvl 60s did you sloit? LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Soo how many lvl 60s did you sloit? LOL

I have one character lvl 60 because my priorities is not to own all the other classes but to play the class I am interested in.
    Too hard to understand right?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lol, you think you are a consumer if you haven't paid. You aren't. You are a potential customer, nothing more then that

Now your just getting silly and want to debate semantics.
  • Options
    aeschillesaeschilles Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "If wipe happens game dies" no! game starts again from the beginning. Think of it as a race, you obviously do...
    * Nothing is constant but change *
  • Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no.

a wipe wouldn't do anything.

fix the exploit; ban the exploiters, wipe their ad/zen, etc.

all a wipe would do is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off 90% of the community.

GW2 had a similar fiasco and people were whining about a wipe. in fact, it was WORSE in GW2 because the exploit (it was more of an oversight, really) required no effort/time and was available to EVERYONE. what you could do was buy t2 weapons from a certain vendor in hoelbrek for around 21 karma (whereas most people had hundreds of thousands) and either sell or disassemble them for free materials. one of which was ectoplasm, which, was needed in EVERY high-level craft, rune/sigil, trade, etc. ectos were pretty much the lively hood of end-game. you could get thousands of these.

people wanted ANet to wipe, etc. and this was on a B2P game. they didn't. they fixed the exploit, banned the exploiters and the economy settled itself within a week.

so, just do that: ban the exploiters, fix the exploit and everything will work itself out. unless those exploiters are selling epics for 1 AD per piece, nothing is going to happen in the long-run.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

He consumed the sign that said don't feed the trolls otw to this zoo
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    no.

all a wipe would do is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off 90% of the community.

GW2 had a similar fiasco and people were whining about a wipe. in fact, it was WORSE in GW2 because the exploit (it was more of an oversight, really) required no effort/time and was available to EVERYONE. what you could do was buy t2 weapons from a certain vendor in hoelbrek for around 21 karma (whereas most people had hundreds of thousands) and either sell or disassemble them for free materials. one of which was ectoplasm, which, was needed in EVERY high-level craft, rune/sigil, trade, etc. ectos were pretty much the lively hood of end-game. you could get thousands of these.

people wanted ANet to wipe, etc. and this was on a B2P game. they didn't. they fixed the exploit, banned the exploiters and the economy settled itself within a week.

so, just do that: ban the exploiters, fix the exploit and everything will work itself out. unless those exploiters are selling epics for 1 AD per piece, nothing is going to happen in the long-run.

This was after GW 2 "official release", with a wipe after a real open beta.
  • Options
    ravenouzxravenouzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    You don't punish innocent people, you punish the offenders.

^ quoted for truth
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    no.

That is an option as well. Although, tracing and finding what happened throughout the time and transactions made is quite difficult.
    It is time consuming and it depends on if they have the time to do all that.
    Targeting the problem who would of thought of that right?
  • Options
    escritoresescritores Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bloodygatita earned a trollscore of minus 1 million in this thread... You're horrible at flamebaiting... Stop... Now... Don't embarrass yourself any further... Please...

Now on topic... No company in their right mind rolls back a game after people spent money on it... Regardless of exploiters and other types of MMO pests.. Simple reason being noone in their right mind would play a game knowing the chance of everything they paid for could become null and void at any given time... It would just be horrible buisness wise as simple as that...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    escritores wrote: »
    bloodygatita earned a trollscore of minus 1 million in this thread... You're horrible at flamebaiting... Stop... Now... Don't embarrass yourself any further... Please...

You really want me to embarrass myself?

:pulls pants down