test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wipe?

Comments

• Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    No I'm not Sir.

You are dense, we are in Open Beta, just like Dota II, Path of Exile, etc.

Those games all take your money, and are in Open Beta. You can't deny this, because its fact.
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deacon777 wrote: »
    If they wipe, Im going to want a full refund of all my purchases and my zen since the start of open beta.

Some of that zen has been converted into astral diamonds and whatnot, simply refunding me the zen wont cut it. I would want an option to have every single dollar I spent on zen credited back to my paypal account.

Then I can reassess if I want to invest money into this game going forward.
    This;
    I didnt spent so much money on game but already had some good, lucky, and one really lucky drop,so if they gonna wipe it, i really would need to think if i would play it again, but even this after having full refund first...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    No I'm not Sir.

You are refering to the backdrop of the page. Judging by the time it takes PWE to fix problems in their game I highly doubt that they are capable of updating their website in a timely manner. The list of their games however, which seems to be updated automatically clearly shows that "Neverwinter" is "Live".

That can't be a mistake, right? Wouldn't you think that somewhere along the lines they would've announced that it has been released? You're going to believe a little "L" image by the name of the game, over official announcements? Show me a post that says this game is live, then I'll believe you. Until then I'm sorry to say it,but you're wrong.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with a wipe is that Cryptic will have to refund a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ton of Zen and AD for those who have really supported the game financially, even then there will be an outcry that will make the current complaining look like a three man sit-in.

I don't see PWE allowing that.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with a wipe is that Cryptic will have to refund a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ton of Zen and AD for those who have really supported the game financially, even then there will be an outcry that will make the current complaining look like a three man sit-in.

New shard.

The answer is sooooo simple.....
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Or they could shut everyone up by giving them a fancy title, a pet, or something else.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    New shard.

It would be superfluous, because they are going to merger into one mega server, that is a done deal they will not change there model for this one game.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New shard.

Do you have any idea what enterprise class hardware costs? Data center space? Cooling/power? Vendor support costs? Staffing to manage more servers and applications? Added backup/restore and DR capacity?

A "shard" isn't just a single pizza box server thrown into a rack.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go check transfer Zen on your PWE account. Notice the "server" dropdown.

Now re-think your post.

Yes and the server simply says Neverwinter. The shard names are not listed. Considering people are currently moving AD from shard to shard. Im not the one that needs to rethink anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yes and the server simply says Neverwinter. The shard names are not listed. Considering people are currently moving AD from shard to shard. Im not the one that needs to rethink anything.

^^^ this.

/10char
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do you have any idea what enterprise class hardware costs? Data center space? Cooling/power? Vendor support costs? Staffing to manage more servers and applications? Added backup/restore and DR capacity?

A "shard" isn't just a single pizza box server thrown into a rack.

Actually, since I'm sitting next to Betsy and Patty here in the office, yeah, I do know how much it costs. Do you know how much I charge to maintain them? :)

Regardless, its peanuts compared to the amount of $ they pull in selling lockbox keys ALONE
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Or they could shut everyone up by giving them a fancy title, a pet, or something else.

Yeah take away their inferno mounts, Firehawks and all the other things they spent so much on and give them a title.

Jack Emmert: Andy what's that crowd doing in the parking lot?

Andy Velasquez: Oh that's the angry mob they are "slightly" upset that the mounts they spent so much time and zen on were taken away.

Jack Emmert: is that a catapult?
  • Options
    tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not really that difficult, and it's already been mentioned that in the event of a wipe, you would be reimbursed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Oh, and how hard it would be to add another option to a dropdown that would point to new hardware .... since there's only one option, it must be like this forever, because everything on the internet is static, amiright?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tek83 wrote: »
    Not really that difficult, and it's already been mentioned that in the event of a wipe, you would be reimbursed.

The vast majority would not settle just for a reimbursement, they would have to do a pretty significant gesture after promising no wipe.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, and how hard it would be to add another option to a dropdown that would point to new hardware .... since there's only one option, it must be like this forever, because everything on the internet is static, amiright?

So now you want a fix, to the fix, that is going to be the fix for a messed up economy. How many band aids is too many?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So now you want a fix, to the fix, that is going to be the fix for a messed up economy. How many band aids is too many?

Nope, a new server for those who choose to re-roll on it at the official launch.

Quite simple, although I shouldn't assume you can understand something as simple as this. You've proven to be quite dense with your previous posts
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, since I'm sitting next to Betsy and Patty here in the office, yeah, I do know how much it costs. Do you know how much I charge to maintain them? :)

Regardless, its peanuts compared to the amount of $ they pull in selling lockbox keys ALONE

Do you mind citing the reference you used to conclude that they are making a lot of money on key sales?
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    majtrollx wrote: »
    You don't need a wipe to save the game. Make a new server, let all the whiners about the exploits make a new character there, problem solved.

And then after a while... shutdown the old shards for good. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do you mind citing the reference you used to conclude that they are making a lot of money on key sales?

yeah, you're right. All those nightmares I see being won are just in my imagination. All of my guildies who bought keys, they were lying. The hundreds of people who posted in the thread that they needed to open 30, 40, 50, 60+ boxes to get their mount, yeah, they were all just yanking our chain.

PWE doesn't make any money, it's a charity thing!!! I see you got it all figured out, buddy. Congrats to you for being so smart
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    This is the first time they haven't said "no wipe". So maybe they are, in fact, considering it? If they wipe, obviously they need to return all items/zen. I've spent a lot of time leveling my toons under the assumption that there would be no wipe so not sure how I feel about the whole thing.

I don't think returning Zen would be as difficult as many seem to think. They have records of who bought what. I imagine it would actually be easier to do that than track down all the cheaters and where the exploited goods went. I have a feeling they are more worried about the negative publicity and player feedback of a wipe than anything.

I invested a lot of time into the game. But I would for sure stay if they did wipe. I leveled several favorite characters, and then several more alts to 'farm' AD with leadership. But it was fun. And I will do it all again if it turns out to be needed. Probably even be better off in the long run. Since I know how I want to spec them from the start now.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    gillityrgillityr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    But when you convert that to AD then spend that all over place there isn't DERP. DERPAGE.

And sounds like you need to relax.. LMFAO.. Man this was a funny thread.

You mad?

There is indeed a full log, including transfer locations. No, I am not mad. I am, however laughing at all the tools freaking out over people *talking* about a video game reset.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Besides, the games' been out for a full two weeks. If people wouldn't come back because of the time they 'invested' in this game: they are short-sighted and wouldn't be here in the long run, anyways.

If its money invested, that's a different story, but like its been pointed out multiple times in this thread: thats all on record.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah, you're right. All those nightmares I see being won are just in my imagination. All of my guildies who bought keys, they were lying. The hundreds of people who posted in the thread that they needed to open 30, 40, 50, 60+ boxes to get their mount, yeah, they were all just yanking our chain.

PWE doesn't make any money, it's a charity thing!!! I see you got it all figured out, buddy. Congrats to you for being so smart

This post was so ignorant I hesitated to even respond. Everyone is now dumber for having read it.
  • Options
    jkaplan92jkaplan92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've made over 20 mil AD legitimately and as much as it pains m e to give that up I do think this game needs a wipe. Exploits have ruined end game content, the foundry trivialized leveling for a lot of players, etc.

With that said I think its important that Cryptic take the time to fix the many issues with this game before they bring the game back upa fter a wipe. One issue is that people can use arcane singularity to knock adds off past the barrier which is presumably meant to prevent knockbacks in the dracolich boss fight and I think this needs to change. Dracolich was obviously ruined by exploits, there are tons of ancient weapons on the AH and its a shame, but if the knockback with arcane signularity remains it will remain quite simple to defeat the boss.

On top of this I think there are serious issues with the game itself beyond just bugs and exploits. End game dungeons should drop tier 5 or 6 enchantments, not tier 4.s I't sucrrently way too hard to get high tier enchantments and this makes the game pay to win. Honor requirements for gear should go up significantly ont he pvp side, there needs to be significant improvements to the party system so that players can be vote kicked from groups rather than the leader having complete power over a random group.

Lots of other issues as well.
  • Options
    gillityrgillityr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Assuming that ZEN could be returned to the original account, these are my thoughts:

Anyone who would actually leave due to a wipe...I would like to encourage them to leave. Leave now, and save us your crying.

That is exactly the kind of player I tend to avoid playing with in this kind of game. I could care less if all the whiners left for the next hottest beta. They tend to only stay around long enough to brag about "world firsts" anyway. Note: Getting to 60 first, getting T2 gear first, downing the first boss is all meaningless in the context of current gaming.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This post was so ignorant I hesitated to even respond. Everyone is now dumber for having read it.

Read: I can't come up with a decent response, so I'll just say he's ignorant.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Besides, the games' been out for a full two weeks. If people wouldn't come back because of the time they 'invested' in this game: they are short-sighted and wouldn't be here in the long run, anyways.

If its money invested, that's a different story, but like its been pointed out multiple times in this thread: thats all on record.

This, times 1,000, QFT
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gillityr wrote: »
    Assuming that ZEN could be returned to the original account, these are my thoughts:

Anyone who would actually leave due to a wipe...I would like to encourage them to leave. Leave now, and save us your crying.

That is exactly the kind of player I tend to avoid playing with in this kind of game. I could care less if all the whiners left for the next hottest beta. They tend to only stay around long enough to brag about "world firsts" anyway. Note: Getting to 60 first, getting T2 gear first, downing the first boss is all meaningless in the context of current gaming.

It's easy to say that but of all the so called whiners ended up being sixty or more percent of the population that would be bad.

I remember when NGE was being bandied about, folks who wanted the game to be more like WoW said the exact same thing, well the "whiners" did leave and the community and game never recovered.

It also doesn't help that fans of <insert game here> are pushing a wipe in Zone chat because they want to see the population drop significantly.
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what about those of us who have been playing the AH and zen exchange legit?

I took the astral diamonds I started with and some zen I had in my account to hugely multiply my astral and zen holdings by simply buying low selling high for days on end starting with the head start thursday.

Do players get their zen refunded? Ok great, what about the zen they made converting astrals on the exchange?

Do we get the option to cash out all of our zen back to our paypal/webmoney accounts IF they do a wipe?

Announcing you are doing a wipe will instantly **** the zen/astral ratio as everyone is going to be trying to convert to zen to ensure they start off after the reset with the biggest pocketbook possible. How do you work around that? Will zen/astral conversion rates be locked after an impending wipe is announced?

Wouldnt that be a bit unfair to lock players attempting to SELL zen at a set rate to keep it from falling through the floor? Someone in that deal is going to get the short end of the stick.

Will Cryptic and PWE suddenly just decide to value every players astral diamonds at a set exchange ratio and credit players with that much zen?

There is a lot more to simply hurr durr flipping a switch at some server farm and resetting everything.

Not a lot of people here or anywhere else seem to really get that.