Options

Wipe?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »
    I feel as though that's a terrible mistake on your part.

its not.

it's the best solution.

i bet not even 10% of the games population visits these forums. fewer still knew about the exploit. randomly doing a character wipe would catch a lot of people off-guard, confuse them and frustrate them. the population would dive down faster than if they did a wipe.

plus, the people who exploited were dumb. they flooded the market instead of being careful and making as much money as possible. they cashed out way too fast and thus, the economy will balance itself out again when the demand is greater than the supply. there's people always leveling and hitting 60, etc.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not.

it's the best solution.

i bet not even 10% of the games population visits these forums. fewer still knew about the exploit. randomly doing a character wipe would catch a lot of people off-guard, confuse them and frustrate them. the population would dive down faster than if they did a wipe.

I have to agree with this. Not everyone knows about the exploits, there is talk about a wipe, or believe that the economy is ruined. After all people that read the forums are always in a minority or they just read the patch notes and dev tracker and the rest is painful to read. If I was playing the game and one day my character was deleted, then I would not think that it is a good fix to the problem. I would scream at the computer, see why my character is gone, and probably uninstall the game in a rage. For every person that accepts the character wipe, there are probably 10 to 20 that would never touch Neverwinter or a PWE game again.
  • Options
    xivilynxivilyn Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    No character wipes! :)

Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xykromax wrote: »
    im sorry to say so but is this the only thing we can receive from a mod ?

maybe we should get some intel whats gonna happen with the exploiters and such ???

They're actively rolling back exploiters as far as I know.

I have 2 friends and a guildie who insisted exploiting was the way forward.
    2 of them rolled back to level 1 and one of them was stripped back to his gear when he reached 60.

They're choosing to stand back and snipe people in the head who are trying to kill the game, rather than just nuke it.
    Far more clever in my opinion.

A wipe would be like suggesting we nuke the whitehouse upon hearing someone was trying to kill the president.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The only thing needing wiping is the crybaby's bum. And then a new diaper.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    No character wipes! :)

Yay! Kind of late on this, but thanks for letting us know what you guys decided.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR