What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wipe?

Comments

• Options
    vien07vien07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IMO if a wipe were to happen, people who purchased Zen shouldn't even get any money back. Instead, I think their Perfect World accounts, should be credited with the amount of Zen they purchased as well as items from the founder pack. Once they login to NW and create their new character all the items and Zen that they once payed for should be available to get from their mail boxes.

Many MMO's do this now with items that are BoA. I don't think anyone should be upset if this happens, this way NW doesn't have to worry about paying back tons of money with the possibility of going bankrupt and all the people who bought ZEN don't lose any money.

All is fair, on with the WIPE
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They wont, even though they SHOULD.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xivilyn wrote: »
    I read something that said there won't be a character wipe but can't find anything official.

Is this true? After open beta no char wipe? I assume our foundry quests will remain as well? I made a foundry quest but am hesitant to make more if they're going to wipe it.

Thanks!

Guess you didn't bother to read the sticky up top? Lol tool.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    do you guys understand that all making a new shard does is add to the shards with the current issue (bad economy now due to exploiters) when they merge them all together.. making a new shard does not solve the problem, it adds on to it .. now instead of 3 shards having a bad economy when they all get merged its 4....

Server wipes at this point is the only thing left... will not happen, but that is the only way to fix the issues
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    double post
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No character wipes! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No need for wipes. Let all the babies and cheaters have their fun.

Instead, New shard please.
    If this is truly an open Beta, there are always new shards on launch - I'll come back for that.
    Otherwise, if no new shard, this is the soft launch, and well, it failed.... I won't miss it.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    There we have it folks. I just really hope they find a way to fix the economy without one. This is Cryptic's funnest game(imo) to date, and I'd hate to see it irreparably damaged by exploits so early in its life.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe doesn't do anything but make it 100x worst.
    A lot of legit players will suffer than the ones that exploited.
    So basically the people who ask for a wipe are the ones that always cry IRL that they can't beat the other person or feel like the world is unfair or that everything is free and need to be catered to them.
    Wiping the servers will hurt legit players and there exist FAR MORE legit players than exploiters.
    I say ban the people who want the wipe as they are out for themselves and ruin the game for legit players.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    here some wipes Baby%2BWipes%2B001.jpeg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wipe doesn't do anything but make it 100x worst.
    A lot of legit players will suffer than the ones that exploited.
    So basically the people who ask for a wipe are the ones that always cry IRL that they can't beat the other person or feel like the world is unfair or that everything is free and need to be catered to them.
    Wiping the servers will hurt legit players and there exist FAR MORE legit players than exploiters.
    I say ban the people who want the wipe as they are out for themselves and ruin the game for legit players.
    You really don't get it do you. The people who want a wipe care about the longevity of the game. Alot of potential players have been holding off on trying the game due to the "open beta" tag(even though they said no wipes a good chunk of people don't want to deal with spontaneous downtimes and the like), and from bad experiences with other Cryptic games. If something like this isn't cleaned up properly it's going to make alot of people decide to pass on this game. Not to mention the people that will leave due to this mess. We don't want people punished for no reason, we just want this game to go the distance.
  • Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    There we have it folks. I just really hope they find a way to fix the economy without one. This is Cryptic's funnest game(imo) to date, and I'd hate to see it irreparably damaged by exploits so early in its life.

it'll fix itself. there's no "irreparable" damage, as you so put it.

GW2 had a worse exploit going around that did about fifty times more damage to its economy and it balanced itself out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You really don't get it do you. The people who want a wipe care about the longevity of the game. Alot of potential players have been holding off on trying the game due to the "open beta" tag(even though they said no wipes a good chunk of people don't want to deal with spontaneous downtimes and the like), and from bad experiences with other Cryptic games. If something like this isn't cleaned up properly it's going to make alot of people decide to pass on this game. Not to mention the people that will leave due to this mess. We don't want people punished for no reason, we just want this game to go the distance.

still wipes dont fix anything i can go find other exploit and tell everyone about it happen all over again.

that the part of mmorpg. there being any exploit you fix one spot you make other exploit
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    still wipes dont fix anything i can go find other exploit and tell everyone about it happen all over again.

that the part of mmorpg. there being any exploit you fix one spot you make other exploit
    I'm glad you admitted you were an exploiter!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad you admitted you were an exploiter!

i never exploit i give you idea what person would do. if you wips the servers. you dont know how fix problem that well think wips fix things
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

All you can do is let this smoke blow over.. Let all the ADD OCD warcraft kids burn thru this game and 90 days and move on.. That's what I'm counting on.. There isn't enough substance and built-in end-game to keep those kids around.. especially the PVP in this game.. Let's just hope they get bored and move on.. then the D&D fans who planned on sticking around here for the long haul might become the vocal majority and things will evolve and get better. I myself was/am eager to author content in the Foundry. its the main reason I was stoked about this game. I DM a weekly tabletop campaign, I've written several modules for local consumption at the RPGA events around where I live and coded/designed a very large Forgotten Realms based MUD way back in the days so I have a lot of offer in that regard. Right now I feel any time I spend getting up to speed on the foundry and creating content might be moot at this point. I'm really worried about this game right now.

But I have hope, otherwise I wouldn't even still be browsing these forums.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually see this escalating as more and more people realize what exactly is being proposed, this could turn into the grand-daddy of all community wars and I think honestly PWE (because at the end of the day it is their call) are going to take the path of least resistance, they will track down the offenders and take action, not punish the whole community, and yes there will be complaining but that complaining is a drop in the bucket over the chaos of a full character wipe.
    I have just under a million AD and most of that from Zen conversion and my Guardian pack purchase. I really wouldn't want to lose my progress. I agree they should and will likely take more specific measures rather than the nuke option.
    I'm so very glad to hear this.
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love ya ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

No, YOU don't get it. Diablo 3 didn't wipe and neither did GW2. A wipe is totally unnecessary and creates more damage which you STILL do not understand.

If you really cared about the longevity of the game then you wouldn't opt for a wipe as wiping the game would KILL the game and even destroy any chance of making it to that longevity you ask for.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All you can do is let this smoke blow over.. Let all the ADD OCD warcraft kids burn thru this game and 90 days and move on.. That's what I'm counting on.. There isn't enough substance and built-in end-game to keep those kids around.. especially the PVP in this game.. Let's just hope they get bored and move on.. then the D&D fans who planned on sticking around here for the long haul might become the vocal majority and things will evolve and get better. I myself was/am eager to author content in the Foundry. its the main reason I was stoked about this game. I DM a weekly tabletop campaign, I've written several modules for local consumption at the RPGA events around where I live and coded/designed a very large Forgotten Realms based MUD way back in the days so I have a lot of offer in that regard. Right now I feel any time I spend getting up to speed on the foundry and creating content might be moot at this point. I'm really worried about this game right now.

But I have hope, otherwise I wouldn't even still be browsing these forums.

The real thing you should be worried about is when all those "kiddies" leave, and only the "true D&D fans" are left, how many of them will be willing to pay 50 dollars for a companion that functions.
  • Options
    xykromaxxykromax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013

im sorry to say so but is this the only thing we can receive from a mod ?

maybe we should get some intel whats gonna happen with the exploiters and such ???
    Lost my Proud in Owning - The Hero of the North Pack & The Guardian of Neverwinter Pack
    [
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xykromax wrote: »

maybe we should get some intel whats gonna happen with the exploiters and such ???

Honestly it doesn't matter what they originally said.. or what the moderator's have been scripted to say... If the game is going down in flames they will do what they need to do. Do we really need to point this out. When has saying one thing ever stopped a gaming company from doing something else down the road. lmao... man even just saying that out loud is funny.

First of all - think of the ethics and integrity a company lacks to even release something like this in such a manner and at the same time nickel and dime people at a level unprecedented in any MMO to date. Now your gonna sit there and take something they said pre-soft-release and chisel that into stone?

Good luck with that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    The real thing you should be worried about is when all those "kiddies" leave, and only the "true D&D fans" are left, how many of them will be willing to pay 50 dollars for a companion that functions.

Or how many of the true D&D fans actually come back. If this drags on and TESO releases this game will just be another CO or STO.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Looks like they are doing nothing. The one guy who shall not be named is happily posting away on forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    Looks like they are doing nothing. The one guy who shall not be named is happily posting away on forums.

he not a patch team he just watch the forums
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Dude, they are only allowed to release limited information. I don't understand what you want from them. Maybe go apply and work for them if you are really interested but I guarantee you that you aren't even close to be qualified.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »

Or maybe we will be getting details when they are ready to go forward with whatever plan they choose
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It takes time to figure out an appropriate response to exploiters and to find them. Smart exploiters would have moved their ill-gotten gains to their other accounts and to give an appropriate response, the devs will have to determine the exploiter's other accounts.
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I feel as though that's a terrible mistake on your part.
  • Options
    sers1sers1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think with TESO's faction locking the world this game won't have much to fear there - limiting the world removes Elder Scrolls biggest draw.