test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wipe?

xivilynxivilyn Member Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I read something that said there won't be a character wipe but can't find anything official.

Is this true? After open beta no char wipe? I assume our foundry quests will remain as well? I made a foundry quest but am hesitant to make more if they're going to wipe it.

Thanks!
Post edited by xivilyn on

Comments

• Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No more wipe
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xivilyn wrote: »
    I read something that said there won't be a character wipe but can't find anything official.

Is this true? After open beta no char wipe? I assume our foundry quests will remain as well? I made a foundry quest but am hesitant to make more if they're going to wipe it.

Thanks!

Unfortunately no wipe... IMHO one is needed to save this game.. Of course they need to fix the multitude of bugs and exploits otherwise we'll right back where we are now 1 week after said wipe.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will probably make a new shard.

I don't know how official it is but they've said multiple times on Twitter there will be no more wipes.
  • Options
    majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    You don't need a wipe to save the game. Make a new server, let all the whiners about the exploits make a new character there, problem solved.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Or they can just make a new shard.

All shards will be merged into one super server in the future anyways, so how would this help in the long run?
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to post something helpful and constructive, but instead I have decided to go with the forum standard..

DOOM!! GLOOM!! VITRIOL AND BILE!!
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    All shards will be merged into one super server in the future anyways, so how would this help in the long run?
    No one said they can't make a new shard AFTER they merge all the shards.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipe and unless game gets ton new players no new shard. In fact the future plans are to merge all three shards so its a megaserver like Champions Online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    No wipe and unless game gets ton new players no new shard. In fact the future plans are to merge all three shards so its a megaserver like Champions Online.
    Even so, so long as there's no official word on new shards, it remains a possibility. At least, more of a possibility than a wipe, which there is official word.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doing a wipe when they have stated no wipe after open beta starts would be very bad PR. It basically would mean that they can't be trusted. Right now they are as trusted as any other decent game company. Make mistakes, but fix them as fast as they can.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Even so, so long as there's no official word on new shards, it remains a possibility. At least, more of a possibility than a wipe, which there is official word.

Your right they will break away from what they have done in CO and STO
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xivilyn wrote: »

Thanks!

They have said in the past their would be no wipe at the end of open beta. However, because of a recent exploit it seems they are no longer saying this outright anymore. They are not saying they will wipe, but in my opinion they are not going out of their way to say they won't either. For example: Someone asked on twitter if they were contemplating a wipe. The response was that they had to analyze the data then determine what was next.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The dev stated if more people flood into the game they will roll a new shard because the game could start seeing queues to get in. But with the amount of hate ive seen on the General Forums I would say a chunk of the crowd will bounce for anything else out there and that will free up space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Twitch.tv's viewers tell me there needs to a wipe or new shards for people to play on who don't like to play with a broken economy.

Viewer numbers have been dwindling in the past week by 6000. Last week ( maybe it was due to towelies presence) 7k viewers around the clock. Tuesday this week - average 3000 viewers. It's thursday now ...barely 1000.

If this is not an indicator for the declining popularity of a game, I don't know what is.

Wipe and/or fresh shard.
  • Options
    tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it would be nice for a wipe. The game is not a grind at all, and I'm sure most people wouldn't mind. According to the recent poll, only 30% of the people would leave (granted, it's a small sample compared to all the players that have accounts). The people who constantly scream "BUT THEY ALREADY SAID NO WIPE" need to realize that it is open beta, and that a wipe is still possible.

As stated before, they're not confirming or denying a wipe, as seen on twitter: https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/334850326513467392
  • Options
    gillityrgillityr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Patch up the exploits, then reset across the board. Ban the cheaters mac address, IP, biometric signature, account name, password and grandmother.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tek83 wrote: »
    I think it would be nice for a wipe. The game is not a grind at all, and I'm sure most people wouldn't mind. According to the recent poll, only 30% of the people would leave (granted, it's a small sample compared to all the players that have accounts). The people who constantly scream "BUT THEY ALREADY SAID NO WIPE" need to realize that it is open beta, and that a wipe is still possible.

As stated before, they're not confirming or denying a wipe, as seen on twitter: https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/334850326513467392

As badly as a wipe is needed they can't.. They've taken people's money. They would have to reimburse that money and it would be a nightmare tracking down what was spent the way currency is implemented in this game.

The epic ****storm that would ensue if they did a wipe w/o reimbursement would ultimately bury the company in lawsuits, without a doubt.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday, on the twitter feed in response to a question if they were going to wipe to fix the situation the answer was:

First step will be to analyze the data! Once we have game data to evaluate, we'll then be able to determine what's next.

This is the first time they haven't said "no wipe". So maybe they are, in fact, considering it? If they wipe, obviously they need to return all items/zen. I've spent a lot of time leveling my toons under the assumption that there would be no wipe so not sure how I feel about the whole thing.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

http://www.perfectworld.com/

It's "Live".
  • Options
    kidblitzkidblitz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    Twitch.tv's viewers tell me there needs to a wipe or new shards for people to play on who don't like to play with a broken economy.

Viewer numbers have been dwindling in the past week by 6000. Last week ( maybe it was due to towelies presence) 7k viewers around the clock. Tuesday this week - average 3000 viewers. It's thursday now ...barely 1000.

If this is not an indicator for the declining popularity of a game, I don't know what is.

Wipe and/or fresh shard.

Or it could be because those people have downloaded the game and are playing it themselves instead of watching other people play it. ;)
  • Options
    gillityrgillityr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    As badly as a wipe is needed they can't.. They've taken people's money. They would have to reimburse that money and it would be a nightmare tracking down what was spent the way currency is implemented in this game.

The epic ****storm that would ensue if they did a wipe w/o reimbursement would ultimately bury the company in lawsuits, without a doubt.

It has been said multiple times already: the real money expenditures (ZEN) could be easily returned to the PWE account. There is a log of your purchases--go look. Then, take a pill and relax.
  • Options
    tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »

Because the big image says "Now in open beta!"

Are you that dense?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new shard really wouldn't fix anything anyhow. Your pool of zen is available on all shards. So while AD by its self is shard bound. Its not a huge effort to convert it to zen and then convert it back to AD on a different shard. In fact, depending on exchange rates, this could be VERY profitable. A fresh shard will not have a fresh economy. So it is pointless.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    A new shard really wouldn't fix anything anyhow. Your pool of zen is available on all shards. So while AD by its self is shard bound. Its not a huge effort to convert it to zen and then convert it back to AD on a different shard. In fact, depending on exchange rates, this could be VERY profitable. A fresh shard will not have a fresh economy. So it is pointless.

Go check transfer Zen on your PWE account. Notice the "server" dropdown.

Now re-think your post.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gillityr wrote: »
    Patch up the exploits, then reset across the board. Ban the cheaters mac address, IP, biometric signature, account name, password and grandmother.

+1. This needs to be done.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gillityr wrote: »
    It has been said multiple times already: the real money expenditures (ZEN) could be easily returned to the PWE account. There is a log of your purchases--go look. Then, take a pill and relax.

But when you convert that to AD then spend that all over place there isn't DERP. DERPAGE.

And sounds like you need to relax.. LMFAO.. Man this was a funny thread.

You mad?
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe, Im going to want a full refund of all my purchases and my zen since the start of open beta.

Some of that zen has been converted into astral diamonds and whatnot, simply refunding me the zen wont cut it. I would want an option to have every single dollar I spent on zen credited back to my paypal account.

Then I can reassess if I want to invest money into this game going forward.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Because the big image says "Now in open beta!"

Are you that dense?

No I'm not Sir.

You are refering to the backdrop of the page. Judging by the time it takes PWE to fix problems in their game I highly doubt that they are capable of updating their website in a timely manner. The list of their games however, which seems to be updated automatically clearly shows that "Neverwinter" is "Live".
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kidblitz wrote: »
    Or it could be because those people have downloaded the game and are playing it themselves instead of watching other people play it. ;)
    Whenever someone uses viewer numbers to say anything about a game, I always think "Who the hell watches a game instead of playing it?"