t8undert8under Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea, great build..i was using it to :(
  • Options
    br1annjbr1annj Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please edit this man! :)
  • Options
    gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Rhek, really wish these people hadnt trolled you and made you quit GWF. You are one of the people that made me want to start playing my GWF again.
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • Options
    alsharysalsharys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gravityx19 wrote: »
    Rhek, really wish these people hadnt trolled you and made you quit GWF. You are one of the people that made me want to start playing my GWF again.

I cannot agree more. I was really lost with the GWF not knowing what was good or not, and i really wanted a DPS warrior, not a tanky one.
    I am now lvl 42 and I enjoy PvE, I levelled faster than my rogue !!!
    I really hope you put your great guide online again. You'll find stupid people everywhere but this should encourage you to carry on.

Best regards.
  • Options
    thahn204thahn204 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree it's insane that these trolls got to him was using this as well
  • Options
    valasaurvalasaur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was able to use Bing to get an older version of the thread, without images. Unfortunately, Google Cache failed me. :( Hope this helps!

Edit: A friend who was using this guide has switched to Kartofflens GWF destroyer compendium. He says that it's an easy switch between the builds. However, he did switch in his early 20's, so your mileage may vary.
    Hello all, I have seen a ton of posts/topics saying gwf is terrible at dps or they worst class in the game. I find this to be far from the truth. I would like to take the time to show you all what my build is and hopefully it works out for you also.

Race
    Any really. I took Tiefling cause I off tank so the proc+5% damage while mobs are under 50% life really helps. This is all personal choice really.

Ability Scores
    For this one I took a roll of 18/13/13. Since Tiefling has plus in con/cha I ened up with 18str- 15con-13dec-12cha-10int-8wis.

I put all my points from leveling into str/dex. Ending off at 24str-17con-19dex-14cha-12int-10wis.

Feats
    This is what I personally took. Feel free to argue with me about anything.Will do this row by row starting from left.

Unstoppable Action- 4/5
    Disciple of Strength- 3/3
    Toughness- 0/3

Fast Runner- 0/5
    Endless Assault- 3/3
    Armor Specialization- 0/3

Steely Defense- 5/5
    Constitution Focus- 0/3
    Grit- 0/3

Weapon Mastery- 3/3
    Devastating Critical- 2/3
    Ubiquitous Shield- 0/5

This will be fore Destroyer Paragon only. No need to list ever feat we do not take So make sure you are looking in the right place.

Great Weapon Focus- 5/5
    Deep Gash- 5/5

Staying Power- 5/5
    Disciple of War- 0/5

Executioner's Style- 0/5
    Relentless Battle Fury- 0/5

Focused Destroyer- 5/5
    Battle Awareness- 5/5

Destroyer's Purpose- 1/1

With the remaining 5 points I put them into Sentinel Paragons... Student of the Sword- 5/5

Powers

At-wills
    Weapon Master's Strike 3/3
    Sure Strike 3/3

Encounters
    Restoring Strike 3/3
    Flourish 3/3
    Indomitable Battle Strike 3/3

Dailies
    Savage Advance 3/3
    Slam 3/3

Class Features
    Destroyer 3/3
    Weapon Master 3/3

Make sure to max these. The other points I put into sporadic things for pvp or tanking if need be. Just make sure you get all of the above powers.

Gear Stats
    To me there is a priority. I prefer power> crit> armor pen> recovery
    Also, I am using Tenebrous Enchantments in offensive slots. And Dark Enchantments in utility. Radiant in defensive.

Combat
    As far as actual combat goes it is pretty simple. I use my encounters on cool down as often as possible. The more they are used the more dailies you can use. Most of the time you are sitting there spamming Weapon Master's Strike, however I find that on single target once you hit them a few times with it for the debuff that Sure Strike actually does more damage, but make sure to use Weapon Master's to keep the debuff up. I use the daily Slam as often as possible, the more it is up the more damage you do. As far as Unstoppable(our "tab" power) is concerned I use it as often as I can, even when it is only half way to full. Just to much damage to wait for it to fill sometimes. This ability makes your encounters hit much harder so try to time them right.

This is a video from the final boss of Lair of the Pirate King(Epic). This was only of second time in the zone and I had major lag issues but I still top damage and we win so.
    http://www.twitch.tv/saviorms/c/2240587

This is the build I use for tier 2 Epic Dungeons. I am constantly in first on damage done/mobs killer. Just need to spend time playing the class and loving it as much as I have and you will be set. I wish you all luck and hope this works for you as well as it has for me.

Feel free to PM/post any questions.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valasaur wrote: »
    Was able to use Bing to get an older version of the thread, without images. Unfortunately, Google Cache failed me. :( Hope this helps:

Nice one.....
  • Options
    omghealmeomghealme Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valasaur wrote: »
    Hope this helps!

Good on ya
  • Options
    warmachine104warmachine104 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saviorgun wrote: »
    Done trying to help people and be nice. Pointless, figure it out yourself I guess.

Yeah, respecs are cheap so why not? ...
    ... Wait a minute !!!
  • Options
    theterrordeaththeterrordeath Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    those who despise this guide, just jealous with you.
    they make GWF and fail, but you succeed, THATS WHY THEY JEALOUS !
  • Options
    krampuuskrampuus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    ghettogeniusghettogenius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess its safe to delete this thread, since the OP deleted all relevant info. Ah the internet is so full of win.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    *sigh*

I know Rhek personally, I'll try to get him to remake the OP, but I can't guarantee anything.

He just hates people telling him he's wrong when he knows he's not. He's the best GWF I've ever grouped with though.
  • Options
    saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krampuus wrote: »

If a genius of the internet. When you get over 4 pages of messages a day talking ****/being general ****** bags you tend to not want to help anyone anymore. In all my posts I have always stated you can PM me questions or anything not be a complete idiot and I stand by that.

However after many people feeling let down or upset. Yes it is true I will be stopping GWF when scourge or bard comes out but I will still update this and future guides on those classes.
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
  • Options
    saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The guide is back up, thanks to all the people who actually use it and made me put it back.
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, respecs are cheap so why not? ...
    ... Wait a minute !!!

As a response to this.. well stupidity. I know you want the easy way out and just have me do all the work and use my money for it but you also have a brain and the ability to do the things I do without my hand holding yours. I am not trying to be a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but I took a guide to a free game down after I spent well, more money than I care to discuss on trying things out. So please take any advice give and do not act like your $6 to respec is the only money spent.
  • Options
    gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    saviorgun wrote: »
    The guide is back up, thanks to all the people who actually use it and made me put it back.

thanks Rhek for putting this back up. Guide helped me a lot when I was referencing it leveling and im now topping meters in it against equal geared people.
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Added a vid of off tanking adds on a fight.
  • Options
    alsharysalsharys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I am now lvl 50 GWF thanks to your guide.
    Can you just list the power you use and maybe some tactics in PVP ?
    That would be great.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alsharys wrote: »
    Hi, I am now lvl 50 GWF thanks to your guide.
    Can you just list the power you use and maybe some tactics in PVP ?
    That would be great.

The powers I use are in the pictures.. has my action bar. I do not pvp often. When I get more hardcore into pvp I will be making a pvp spec. At which time I will make another guide completely for that.
  • Options
    enoilolenoilol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1up for the guide and videos!
    Keep it coming
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Will try to as long as people are interested.
  • Options
    kurestakuresta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rely good job dud.In my opinion this is the ultimate PVE build for every serious GWF endgamer .I have been useing this build since lvl 15 and i simply destroyed the content to lvl 60.Also im always on top at dps in every dungeon i have been in.Much respect and keep on the good work!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can an admin move this to The Barracks so people can see it better for searching up GWF. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fixed to add weapon enchant
  • Options
    zzgundam64zzgundam64 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was sad when this guide was gone. I'm glad you are back :)
  • Options
    sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Several of the GWF builds are similar, but this is probably the closest to how mine ended up. I did horrible up to level 60, as to be expected. In T1 and early T2 I was normally tied up in number 1 or 2 in DPS. By the time I got to a GS of 10K though, I started dropping off hugely in damage. Now I am only doing about 2/3rds the damage of a rogue, and right on par with a CW. Is that normal, do we peak at certain gear levels?
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We should NOT beat TRs who have equal or slightly better gear. We are a good hybrid class, the TR is straight DPS. Our damage compared to a TR is also very dungeon dependent. On things like spider/spell plague we can keep up easy cause it is AOE pulls. But on lets say castle never/karrundax which have more small to solo mobs we will be about 20% behind. Which is fine. We are tanks/dps not just DPS.
  • Options
    lcs6806lcs6806 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, Just a question.. Im level 27 now but why do i get an extra heroic points in my feat and now i have 21 heroic points whereas u onli have 20.. help...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lcs6806 wrote: »
    Hi, Just a question.. Im level 27 now but why do i get an extra heroic points in my feat and now i have 21 heroic points whereas u onli have 20.. help...

You are a human.