test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Luna's TR Build Guide

Comments

• erecktiongamingerecktiongaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This build is absolutely amazing!

Few questions though.
    What companion would you recommend for players that don't have the AD to get Cat but are able to get common companions such as Dog and what not?
    What stats do you mostly focus on for gears? I'm thinking about Crit for primary, Power for second, and Deflect for third but i'm not sure if I want to focus more on Crit or focus more on Power.
    How did you disable the black and white effect on LA?
  • batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    This build is absolutely amazing!

Few questions though.
    What companion would you recommend for players that don't have the AD to get Cat but are able to get common companions such as Dog and what not?
    What stats do you mostly focus on for gears? I'm thinking about Crit for primary, Power for second, and Deflect for third but i'm not sure if I want to focus more on Crit or focus more on Power.

As far as pet if you can't get cat (try getting stone of ioun or whatever its called, heard its cheaper), go with whatever you want. If you like to solo kill monsters and such, go for cleric to help ease the amount of pots you need to take. Striker pets imo are pretty worthless right now, but maybe get one and gem it enchants to give their stats to you.

For leveling I do recommend crit as primary, just because at lower levels these crits will likely one shot your target. As far as later I start prioritizing power instead.

as far as that black/white on LA, im not sure how I did it, but I did mess around with the video settings to make my computer smoother, perhaps it was somewhere in there. I didnt do it intentionally so there lies the issue!
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Basic build
  • feron86feron86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ty for the guide it helped alot..
  • byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013

6FVkZp5.png
  • lepapalepapa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't power a garbage stat for Rogues? After equipping my Ioun with over 1k power I'm starting to agree with everyone. Can hardly notice a difference.
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So for enchantments, what do you suggest for each type?
    edited May 2013
    Updated my gear on the main page for those that wanted to see what gear I had equipped as well as the enchants
  • casia345casia345 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    lepapa wrote: »
    Isn't power a garbage stat for Rogues? After equipping my Ioun with over 1k power I'm starting to agree with everyone. Can hardly notice a difference.

yes and no.

no one stat should be focused or ignored.
    Crit rating has a curve. so as you stack it, it takes more and more crit rating to give you 1% crit.
    Power is flat, but in relation to your weapon damage, it takes more and more power to equate to a 1% damage increase.

Keep your stats balanced.
  • viscacha1viscacha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for adding your gear; now I have another goal to work towards :P (even though i'm only level 49 right now).
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lurkers no longer keeps stealth up, so that's awesome.... Good thing we are constantly getting nerfed coz of all the whining people onthe forums..
  • enrager11enrager11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it does if u pop la and then stealth
  • hellion83hellion83 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LA is still keeping me stealthed, has that not been implemented yet? I don't even see anything about that.
  • viscacha1viscacha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enrager11 wrote: »
    it does if u pop la and then stealth

Even stealth then LA works, not sure if there's been a patch since last night that I'm unaware of but everything seemed okay last time I checked.
  • hellion83hellion83 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have you considered using Bait and Switch for trash as well as bosses? I've been testing it out and WOW I feel like I get my daily on every pull. It has actually improved my dps overall.

I love how it refills your stealth meter too when you're already stealthed.
    edited May 2013
    hellion83 wrote: »
    Have you considered using Bait and Switch for trash as well as bosses? I've been testing it out and WOW I feel like I get my daily on every pull. It has actually improved my dps overall.

I love how it refills your stealth meter too when you're already stealthed.

I've tried it a few times, and I think it is nice however I don't use it often. I might be updating my build soon. Going to respec some abilities that I've been asked to try out and will give it a shot.
  • kkennokkenno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sort of on topic, sort of not.

When I started this game I was so newb. I want to respec my feats to the ones you've showed because after looking at it and now knowing how to play the class it seems much more explainable than what I've chosen >:c

BUTTTT, is it worth spending the 150k ADs to respec because I heard rumours that they're updating the feats tree and possibly adding more//"balancing" it out. So yeah, should I respec now to this and possibly have to respec later, or take a gamble of doing bad and hoping that what I got told is true
    edited May 2013
    kkenno wrote: »
    Sort of on topic, sort of not.

When I started this game I was so newb. I want to respec my feats to the ones you've showed because after looking at it and now knowing how to play the class it seems much more explainable than what I've chosen >:c

BUTTTT, is it worth spending the 150k ADs to respec because I heard rumours that they're updating the feats tree and possibly adding more//"balancing" it out. So yeah, should I respec now to this and possibly have to respec later, or take a gamble of doing bad and hoping that what I got told is true

To be honest, no one knows when that might happen. It could be a long while. To give you an example, there were major exploits in game that took them over a week to fix. Two TR's in same grp and only 1 of them is getting DF bleed ticks has been going on for over 2 weeks and no fixes yet. I doubt bringing out new feats and trees is coming out any time soon. But this is just my opinion.
  • ireap3rireap3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone used this in PVP? if so, how well does it work?
  • smrtstnsmrtstn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    batuba wrote: »
    To be honest, no one knows when that might happen. It could be a long while. To give you an example, there were major exploits in game that took them over a week to fix. Two TR's in same grp and only 1 of them is getting DF bleed ticks has been going on for over 2 weeks and no fixes yet. I doubt bringing out new feats and trees is coming out any time soon. But this is just my opinion.

Oh wow I didnth know about that bleed bug. I thought I was just doing it wrong when there were 3 TR's and I was doing less than i usually do lol.
  • erecktiongamingerecktiongaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ireap3r wrote: »
    Has anyone used this in PVP? if so, how well does it work?

I've used this build in PVP many times and always remained in top 3, it really depends on how well you play your TR. Knowing your TR's skills by heart is a must in PVP.
  • eamon91eamon91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great guide, enjoying the build a llot.
  • elmendez1922elmendez1922 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the great guide!
    edited May 2013
    Sweet, glad to know its helping people!
  • siman07siman07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi batuba. Great build. I was wondering if you could post up or upload a picture of your "ability score increase" screen? :)

Thanks In advanced, if u decide to post it :)
  • grayimpactgrayimpact Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None of the rogue guides in the masterclass list seem to mention the initial ability score rolls at all, i think one of them had the final rolls but thats it, would 16/16/12 (str dex char) be a good roll? 18/18/12 with the Orc racial.
    edited May 2013
    siman07 wrote: »
    Hi batuba. Great build. I was wondering if you could post up or upload a picture of your "ability score increase" screen? :)

Thanks In advanced, if u decide to post it :)

I'll post that today. Also I changed my rolls a bit as well as some powers to test different suggestions during the course of all these posts and I'll keep you guys updated with my findings!
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grayimpact wrote: »
    None of the rogue guides in the masterclass list seem to mention the initial ability score rolls at all, i think one of them had the final rolls but thats it, would 16/16/12 (str dex char) be a good roll? 18/18/12 with the Orc racial.
    Yes. For PVE I think Str/Cha is a slightly superior choice due to CA and Companion Pets (+14% vs +4% on 2.7k stat points from Stone/Cat).

Also 16/15/13/11/11/9 is worth considering if it's possible to get the 9 on on Con or Wis.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
    edited May 2013
    Updated the guide with new dmg screen shot and update to my stats
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is Underhanded Tactics better than 20% AP gain in stealth though?
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte