Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.23

Comments

• Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban them exploiters.

Ive reported all of them plz they have no right to play this game anymore :( cuz they destroyed the Economy!

The economy is set by the players not the spammers, so are you gonna report the players that buy from them too good luck on that one as 99% of them will deny it
  • Options
    shandareneeshandarenee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    roybm90 wrote: »
    I would like to see a vote to kick system.
    The only problem is not just afk players but the leader randomly kicking people for no reason right before a pvp match ends.
    Thanks for fixing some of the bigger issues.

I also co-sign on the vote to kick system. It's very annoying and rude to be kicked as soon as you start replacing someone on the score board.
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can you guys replace the person as well? It's still bad as the afkers in the game if they don't get replaced.
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

It seems this last update has messed up the, go to desktop via windows key on my keyboard, the Full screen check box in the launcher options is not an option anymore either?????????

Before I could press my windows key and go directly to desktop, now it puts my game in windows mode and the game goes into slow motion never getting to the desktop.

Also have noticed that the enclave graphics are not as smooth feeling as they use to be, this could be due to population of online players but didn't take notice of this before only this last update.

Is there an INI. file that may have gotten corrupted, I tried using the restore to default options in the CP in game but no change.

On a side note, just like to say I am having a good time so far and Looking forward to PW getting NWO to it's full glory, been reading a lot of posts of people complaining... Maybe if the people who are farming and taking advantage of the exploits everyday just to get special items to sell on the AH, would inform the Devs of these issues right away maybe..... things would move along a little more smoothly.

LOL!!!! Maybe some of the Coders should make a quick Browser game and Call it " Farmer " maybe this would keep most of them in the fields, hehehehe.

Take Care All, " May The Winds be Always At Your Back "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    badxideas wrote: »
    I dont know if I agree that it ISN'T intuitive. Either way, there is another way of looking at it:

It all boils down to who the skilled/talented/intelligent players are...

People who have a higher level of skill or natural talent, or use their brain play games to find challenge and enjoy difficult situations. These are the people who won't exploit a game's bugs or use cheats because cheating undermines their goal of finding challenge.

Players who lack adequate skill, have no innate talents to speak of, or simply aren't too smart, take advantage in any flaw in the game to make it easier for them, otherwise they could never keep up with others. They live their lives feeling inadequate in every way. and when they find a 'hole left by the developers' or anything exploitable, its like they have finally found what its like to be intelligent or skilled.

We should pity them or laugh at them, but don't punish the poor things - they have a hell of a time.

That is an interesting perspective but calling people unintelligent and/or unskilled because they choose to min max their time and effort just makes you sound angry. When you take that perspective of yours and place it in the real world those poor folks that don't use their brain and reach their goal twice as fast by avoiding the enjoyment of a challenge must have a terrible time dealing with the fact they're unintelligent and unskilled. Laugh at them... Pity them.. They may be standing farther down that challenging road ahead of those intelligent skilled folk and too unintelligent to care what you do... :D
  • Options
    meep027meep027 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping you guys make the bard class or the ranger class soon. It says coming soon but we haven't been given an ETA.
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Combat

PvP
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

Mail
    • Fixed an issue where mail appeared to duplicate itself when other mail was deleted.

Two things:
    a. AFK timeout is 15mins...about the same duration as most PVP matches. This resolves nothing. Make it that the player must do a set minimum amount of damage or healing to qualify for Glory points.

b. Mail - When are you going to refund the AD that was lost due to a completely messed up mail system that resulted in me deleting what I thought was a total unrelated guild email but turned out to be the item I'd bought from AH?! SITTING IN TT FOR OVER SEVEN DAYS!!!!!!!
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    a. AFK timeout is 15mins...about the same duration as most PVP matches. This resolves nothing. Make it that the player must do a set minimum amount of damage or healing to qualify for Glory points.
    [/B]

pure genius. Are the devs playing the same game as us? 15mins to get afk flagged. Its a small map 5v5. Even 5 mins will cost the team dearly. Im losing faith in future patches if this is the level of competence by the devs.
  • Options
    deuspingudeuspingu Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirfrog wrote: »
    It's to the point that Devoted Clerics and Guardian fighters are so rare that the matchmaker is sticking 5 dps characters together after searching for 40 minutes up to an hour and a half.

This has more to do with threat issues and how difficult it is to play these classes in dungeons and skirmishes than it does with exploiting Foundry.
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    titiolino2 wrote: »
    fix the GWF class...

Omg this so many times.
  • Options
    quvrsoulquvrsoul Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have done nothing to stop afk PvPers. They are still present and laughing at us and you.
  • Options
    csuszap87csuszap87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GUYS

Hear pls what i say : ARmor dont give for u armor pen. power and etc. We tested it Armor dont give stats this is bug!BUG
    Recovery give a little and max hitpoints maybe.But no more.
    We hitted mob and training dummy too for 1weapon and no armor. = DAMAGE SAME = with 1 weapon and picked up armor too!

PLs Concentrate and tested it and need more post need correction fast.This is big bug and problem in open beta this is unaceptable.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    csuszap87 wrote: »
    GUYS

Hear pls what i say : ARmor dont give for u armor pen. power and etc. We tested it Armor dont give stats this is bug!BUG
    Recovery give a little and max hitpoints maybe.But no more.
    We hitted mob and training dummy too for 1weapon and no armor. = DAMAGE SAME = with 1 weapon and picked up armor too!

PLs Concentrate and tested it and need more post need correction fast.This is big bug and problem in open beta this is unaceptable.

...dummies have no armour. So why would armour penetration give you any increase in damage.....

Perhaps the armour stat only works in pvp. Test it out.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvP

Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    i got heavy lags since that patch. its like walking on ice and stuff. location: germany.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    davan9k wrote: »
    i got heavy lags since that patch. its like walking on ice and stuff. location: germany.

It is unrelated to the patch, but caused by the May 15th problem with the transatlantic cable: http://status.cogentco.com/ (Connections to Neverwinter from Europe go through Cogentco's network.) Wir muessen uns leider bissl gedulden, aber das sollte recht schnell gefixt werden. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    thanks for info ;)
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    bfnc19bfnc19 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great job about afk kick ...but sistem should pop another 1 from que
    ALSO TIRED to be kicked from domi by the gl ... one or other reson ..like i have the most points and hes 2 or most common i tell em they sux .... have to fix that asap . Kick from pvp should not be posible since u implement the afk script .
    i dont lose 10-15 min working my *** to get droped in last seconds ...
    i will come with a screen shot about that soon ull see i lead my team win then bim kicked coz the leader its second and he wants the **** blue item ...fix it else u take the blame
  • Options
    stinkpeltstinkpelt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    It is unrelated to the patch, but caused by the May 15th problem with the transatlantic cable: http://status.cogentco.com/ (Connections to Neverwinter from Europe go through Cogentco's network.) Wir muessen uns leider bissl gedulden, aber das sollte recht schnell gefixt werden. :)

Was just about to ask about the same thing :D

That link will get updated once it's fixed?
  • Options
    calmmightcalmmight Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you are doing great so far but there needs to be an issue addressed about professions the plate recipes are only for gf none ofr gwf why not? im a gwf and want to make me gear thanks.
  • Options
    bellringer01bellringer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the fixes Cryptic, even though the hardcore asshats will still find ways around any attempted fix I think this is a step in the right direction.

Mail bug with repeated messages certainly needed a fix asap, tyvm for looking at this.

On the kicking from pvp side of things... I kick often at the start of a game, anyone who didnt zone into the match I instantly kick. The que WILL replace players early in a match, while start timer is still counting down and for a good 30 seconds and sometimes up to a minute after match starts from my experience, happens fairly often.

I've only ever kicked players after that for one reason, abusive chat. I'd rather loose on a team of 4 rather than win with a racist, homophobic and arrogant child constantly abusing his/her own team during the battle, and I will continue to do so! I simply dont understand folks who would kick for blues though, I personally have full epic gear so blues are a non issue for me, pvp epic gear is so easy to get, and blue sales in AH so low that actually trying to get blue items isnt worth anything, more of a time sink for folks trying to sell them imo.

Cheers
  • Options
    mhoramettemhoramette Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats because GWF's uses mailsmithing Calm ;).
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A nice round of fixes in this patch *fist bump* :cool:
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    termiko83termiko83 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvP

Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

Yeah cool , but why when i just play and i get disconnected and i attempt to relog , the game say that i'm afk?c'mon fix it :V

P.S.
    Thx exploit abuser for ruin every game
  • Options
    alurlfailsalurlfails Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game offline for anyone else?
  • Options
    zykezerozykezero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a fix on clerics so Guardian Fighters can be usable?
  • Options
    termiko83termiko83 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plz Fix CC duration or dmg output plz they're too much high
    !!!!
  • Options
    jajajaexistiertjajajaexistiert Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix ah dawei dawei
  • Options
    threat78threat78 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey guys for some reason game launcher is not patching can anyone help me out? hoping not to have to re-install =S
    "Yes it was ME that R#ped your cat!"
  • Options
    crymsinlillycrymsinlilly Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the rogue due for a toning down of standard damage? It doesn't seem right that the rogue out-damages all of my characters of the other class types. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this, but it also takes the enjoyment out of teaming with my fighter when a rogue teammate can kill a target with throwing daggers before I even get into combat...

Lilly
This discussion has been closed.