test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.23

Comments

• Options
    kheatzkheatz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi,

can't join the pvp dominion area.... i have done 5 try, and succeed to be in the pvp instance only once. During the 4 others try, my team goes to the pvp instance but i stays at the enclave :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hadriax1hadriax1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grayho wrote: »
    worst idea ever...I'm a GF and I didn't exploit - why should I have to suffer?

As I said in the previous patchnote thread - thank you for these changes

One of my largest issues right now that no one else has raised is the fact that leaders can kick from dungeons instantly.

I completely understand the need to kick people - if they are afk or if they are ninja-ing etc etc.

But WHENEVER I join castle never - I immediately get kicked because I am a GF and nobody feels my class is good enough to be an asset.

So please either fix GF (and GWF), or put like a time limit for kicking - so that I can actually 'prove my worth' before I am kicked simply for my class.

This, is this really the biggest problem? or the most pressing? really? I mean, how about aggro? any issues there?
    or maybe the general uslessness of GF's and GWF's?

Lets be honest here, this "fix" is not about pvp. It is about cheap pvp gear being on the AH and the economy, they want people to be spending real money for zen then conerting to diamonds and buying expensive gear not cheap stuff.
  • Options
    ace0darknessace0darkness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My cleric's Prophecy of Doom still doesn't work with rank 2-3's additional Action Point gain. And with a 6$ respec cost, there is no way to re-locate useless points
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bowmankcmo wrote: »
    Just a few bullets

- Can't help but find some humor in the posts complaining about GF's being nerfed. Far too many people gloss over information and miss what's important. It's not a nerf, it's an extremely rare bug, essentially, which resulted in a potential exploit.

- On the PvP situation - I didn't even understand what was going on when for three battles in a row, I was the only one even trying to score points and my other three teammates were just standing around doing nothing. Had no idea this was an exploit. Very glad to see it being addressed because obviously that was a PvP game killer. It still raises some further questions, and they've been asked here (what qualifies as 'AFK'? how does that teammate get replaced? what if someone just hits a button or two here and there to avoid 'AFK' status? etc.) For this reason, I actually tend to like the Vote To Kick method. Every game I've played with it (except WoW, which I stopped playing eons ago) - it works very, very well, and people are largely responsible with it. Star Wars most recently comes to mind.

- Thank you for taking care of the mail bug. Yes, the copies were annoying and I accidentally deleted an item from the Auction House once because of it. Glad this was a priority.

- Just a note of thanks overall, I am absolutely certain that nowadays, running a game is not just a largely thankless job, but one in which you are constantly flamed, yelled at, ridiculed, pestered, bothered, and bickered at until that one guy's personal issue is addressed. Everyone wants a personalized response RIGHT NOW. Your company so far seems to be doing this as well as, or better, than most. There are some companies that completely fail in this regard. Glad to see you are not one of them. Keep up the good work.

you have some good points but would like to add that a vote and kick system is not the answer either. granted you may have seen it used responsibly but i have witnessed it being used very irresponsibly as well. to grief a player they didn't like or because he was playing a a certain and other felt that they would do better without him playing the class and right down to simply because he belonged to a certain guild. and like you star wars comes to recently to mind as well.

with a vote/kick system you will have player using it both ways. but with it i can see the issues we currently have double with this type of system so its not the answer either.
  • Options
    reddracoflamereddracoflame Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glennander wrote: »
    strip all those exploiters its the right thing to do
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We are looking into various solutions internally. We have a team of designers looking at game logs and determining what specifically can be done to ensure that the game remains fair and balanced. Thank you for voicing your concerns! Keeping the game fair is a high priority for us.

How about doing something about the rouges too. In pvp domination it is not uncommon for a rouge to jump into the spawn area and kill ppl as they respawn. This is very unfair and unbalaced and should be adressed as it ruins the pvp experiance because other classes do not have the ability to do the same thing or protect themselves against it. Rouges have the abillity to jump quite high and it puts alot of classes at a disadvantage. I my self have been subjected to this many times and the rouge players continue to state that it does NOT violate ToS.... in a way yes.. it does. It is interfiering with the game play in a unfair way. I love this game.. and the pvp is fun.. but that little factor.. makes me not wanna do the pvp much.. and its a daily :(
  • Options
    cheychey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to fix the stupid AFKER's BG farmers it's easy :

- add a system if players stay more than 1mn inside the respawn area they are kicked out of the BG.

But there is another big problem too in BG with the respawn area, as some class's can telport to target (example rogue), a lot of time enemies players do CAMP SPAWN and chain kill all players inside the respawn area, when this happen the team that are farmed CAN'T DO ANYTHING, fix this too as fast as possible.
    to fix this it's simple :

- Make the respawn area a REAL SAFE ZONE where no damage can be take.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ban them exploiters.

Ive reported all of them plz they have no right to play this game anymore :( cuz they destroyed the Economy!
    swaydeee wrote: »
    I agree. I have NO interest in playing a game where exploiters have ruined the economy, and get away with it.

Either ban them, or strip them, or HEAVILY punish them.
    muhai01 wrote: »
    Crybaby kids..... u wrong asking for ban... u should asking game fix...game fix solve problem ever after... Banning?? they can make million Account for that.... Use brain kids...

no they should be banned. and the way i see it.. anyone NOT asking for a ban on them.. must have been useing the exploit.. see because THEY dont wanna LOSE all that AD from EXPLOITING sommething. Also can you please use english so ppl can acutally understand you. We have brains but apparently your lacking one.. You dont let ppl that exploit bugs KEEP what they have.. you remove it.. or them THAT is how you punish. Not by simply making a few cchanges to the game to make sure it cant happen anymore and letting the CHEATERS keep what they CHEATED to get. And yes they can make millions of accounts lmao.. BUT they wont have all the money they made one them :) derp.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chey wrote: »

- add a system if players stay more than 1mn inside the respawn area they are kicked out of the BG.

But there is another big problem too in BG with the respawn area, as some class's can telport to target (example rogue), a lot of time enemies players do CAMP SPAWN and chain kill all players inside the respawn area, when this happen the team that are farmed CAN'T DO ANYTHING, fix this too as fast as possible.

LOVE THIS. but wait.. that means they could still camp right out side of it. so it would need some work and thinking for them to figure it out.
  • Options
    awwyissmfbcawwyissmfbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stingraey wrote: »
    Well that explains why I was being 3 shotted in pvp by certain GFs. Glad y'all fixed it.

Nope, that has nothing to do with it. You would have been 1shot if the bugged armor set worked on other players. Stack more deflection man :)
  • Options
    samanthafox1samanthafox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great patch,wen can we log on on europe time?
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malkavier wrote: »
    No, just no. Repel at R3 pushes back to 80'. This is a "get out of my face because tanks can't hold threat for anything" ability. Instead of asking them to break it, try telling your CW not to use it on your balled group. It's a L2P issue.

I mean seriously, I can't remember the last time a "tank" actually held threat for more than 2 seconds.

my guess is that it might have something to do with CW knocking the mobs about.......
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    larue05larue05 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Total fail patch for the PvP portion.

Already today I've run into 10 botters/afkers in just 4 matches who simply adjusted and added a base attack to their afk script. How as developers could you not see this coming.

1) Time limit on kicking an AFKer with no script is 15min??? WTF. With 1 afk player a match is over well before 15min mark due to the imbalance of 5v4. This needs to be lowered to like 1min max.

2) If an AFKer with an adjusted base attack script is not recognized by the team leader before the match and get's kicked after the match starts, there is no replacement.

3) Even worse is when the scripted AFKer is the team lead, then he can't be kicked at all. Vote to kick needs to be implemented.

4) You need to enable a simple "Report for AFKing" option to PvP. If say player X gets reported over a certain ammount of times, then you investigate and take action on said account.

These people are ruining the game as well as your economy.
  • Options
    ellisvdiwaellisvdiwa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    afkers will be remove from pvp room, this is good, but what other players would do is that press 1 movement key, and that's it, no more more kicking out for them.. why not include players who are doing nothing inside the pvp room wont get a single glory point and experience( for level 59 and below) so that would be 0 kills, 0 kill assists and 0 capture points = no reward for them .. just a thought :D
  • Options
    larue05larue05 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ellisvdiwa wrote: »
    afkers will be remove from pvp room, this is good, but what other players would do is that press 1 movement key, and that's it, no more more kicking out for them.. why not include players who are doing nothing inside the pvp room wont get a single glory point and experience( for level 59 and below) so that would be 0 kills, 0 kill assists and 0 capture points = no reward for them .. just a thought :D

You're idea for no glory/exp is good, but that doesn't actually get the afker out of the match, especially if he/she is the leader. Sure it will stop more people from afking cause there's no reward. But that won't stop botters from still afking simply to ruin the game for people.
  • Options
    yehsioyehsio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glennander wrote: »
    strip all those exploiters its the right thing to do
    I agree with this
  • Options
    sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Combat
    • Fixed an issue where the Guardian Fighter was able to do significantly more damage than was intended.

PvP
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

Mail
    • Fixed an issue where mail appeared to duplicate itself when other mail was deleted.

Clarification: The change to Guardian Fighters is not a balance change and does not affect damage output for that class under normal circumstances. This fixes a very rare circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly to a significant degree. Most players have never experienced this, however, those who have know that it was significant enough to warrant a fix ASAP. Thanks to all the players who requested clarification on this!

What circumstances?
  • Options
    paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chey wrote: »

first, I can see point with not letting rogues teleport up there.... but Chain killing? Really... and NOTHING you can do??? CW can knock them back, immobilize them, fighters (?) can knock them off feet, another rogue can stun them.... these are things that can be done AS SOON AS RESPAWNING....

as for making it a safe zone, only as long as you make it so they can't sit up lthere and snipe or heal also..... which some do sometimes....
  • Options
    sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    paganhawk wrote: »
    I like this.... you are correct sir!!!! IF GF's are supposed to be tanks, then people need to focus on Threat generation specs.... problem is, too many people want to "Kick A**" so they go for damage.... What is the first word in this classes name???? GUARDIAN!!!!! Not killer, not damage causer, but a Protector..... sigh.

This post tells me two things.

A) You havent done any epic Tier 2 dungeons where DPS is king in getting many bosses such as the Spider Queen down.

B) You dont play a CW, where there is a known bug to the power Sooth. Sooth is supposed to cut threat generated by healing by 30%. Its broken. There is a work around though.

Upon zoning in to dungeon have the cleric strip all equipment, including jewelry, and put in their inventory. Then get redressed again. This somehow allows Sooth to activate and work properly.

This SIGNIFICANTLY cuts down on their agro/threat generation.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ismaur1991 wrote: »
    The fix was for the exploit of a passive, which was broken and was removing quadrilions of armor off the target, one hitting everything. EVERYTHING even the last boss in castle never. If any of devs, or administrator reads this, please, consider either a full character wipe, or a gear wipe and give everyone a set of items according to their level. This one exploit ruined, RUINED THIS **** GOOD GAME! :/ The content was already very narrow, now everyone will clear it in 2, 3 days from now, with hundreds of epics from Castle Never, farmed with this exploit. Or, if you are capable of finding people who got items through that exploit, simply remove them. I'm already full t2, and i dont mind wiping everything really.

On the other hand, why couldnt you just shut down the shards the moment you got a confirmation about the exploit? It lasted too long, met a lot of guild groups who were just kicking me, cuz they were farming everything in 3 or 4 players, just one shoting everything.

I am really disappointed, this game was so promising...either a char/gear wipe, or a new t3, hard to beat content to make this game challenging again.

What's more, many people made A LOT of money on this exploit, selling items worth 200M AD (approx 10k dollars). Is this even legal? Looks like kinda stealing from you guys :/.

You MUST be trolling. Nothing in this game is worth 200m AD. LMAO.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ninja fix on this patch that isn't on the patch notes is that the AH search function by levels now work. If you were to search 60 min - 60 max lvl items it'd show you everything, now it actually shows you the range you specify. Why not list that one on the patch notes? I'm sure lots of people would be glad to have that one fixed. You guys and your ninja adjustments.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously you guys are nerfing characters already? just cause a handful of noobs are complaining.... why would you make a DPS paragon tree for guardian fighter if your just gonna nerf them when they start doing too much damage.... this is very disappointing.... your following the same foots steps of SWTOR. While your nerfing stuff as a guardian fighter this is what makes the game difficult for me when facing other players....Wizards control powers last for too long... Clerics heal too often in pvp.... Rogues do to much damage and the 2nders run can too often there why don't you nerf those too...

how can someone that can't read type so much?
    21.jpg
  • Options
    csuszap87csuszap87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    REALLY TROLL GAME I TESTED IT ARMOR DONT GIVE STATS.

I tested with 1weapon and no armor same damage as 1 weapon with full armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMAGE IS SAME!!!!!!

TY CRYPTIC STUDIOS NICE BETA!!!!! NO STATS FOR EVERYONE Really? This is Alpha TEST??? this is not BETA!!
  • Options
    butsumtvbutsumtv Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need explain neverwinter, WHAT rogue give in one tanking class full defense and deflection 20k damage. Dude it is ridiculous.... can yes 20k in other class, now in tanking class = no sense.

I need explain why in book D&D rpg, thief have a good lot damage from behind, more damage assassin is for other class.

Thief "rogue"
    Assassin

Different classes in the world and D&D.

Ridiculous the creators did not use common sense, the book into the mmorpg

Really ridiculous ....
  • Options
    turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    larue05 wrote: »
    You're idea for no glory/exp is good, but that doesn't actually get the afker out of the match, especially if he/she is the leader. Sure it will stop more people from afking cause there's no reward. But that won't stop botters from still afking simply to ruin the game for people.

Actually, it will stop a majority of the AFKrs. The rest would be stopped with a vote kick option.

The Vote kick REALLY needs to get implemented. The fact that a leader has full control is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Real no ****, it happened to me example:
    There is a player that goes by the name of RAHL (Dragon server) who thought it to be entertaining last night to go AFK for the first 80% of the match. Im not talking Campfire afk, im talking standing on the edge of our home base dancing afk. Rahl then, started to jump in, no clue why at this point, and literally when the other team had 990 points I was kicked by him from the match. Yes he was the leader.

Vote kicking is the a true fix to this. The leader has too much control.

Also, there should be two seperate Qs. If you Q up solo, then you are first placed into a Q where a match has begun and a player is missing. I would say that match is no longer available to this Q list after any team reaches the 50 score mark. Then, if there are no Qs that meet that criteria you are placed into a fresh match Q.
  • Options
    skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    butsumtv wrote: »
    Need explain neverwinter, WHAT rogue give in one tanking class full defense and deflection 20k damage. Dude it is ridiculous.... can yes 20k in other class, now in tanking class = no sense.

I need explain why in book D&D rpg, thief have a good lot damage from behind, more damage assassin is for other class.

Thief "rogue"
    Assassin

Different classes in the world and D&D.

Ridiculous the creators did not use common sense, the book into the mmorpg

Really ridiculous ....

Ummm... I need explain what you are talking about. :eek:
  • Options
    rayni250rayni250 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jsnspncr90 wrote: »
    AFK players in PvP aren't the problem. "Inactive" players are, which obviously include but are not limited to players going AFK. The XP, Glory, etc rewards should be entirely performance based. You should receive a certain amount of XP based on the amount of points you accrue during the match. The winning team should then have their individual amounts of XP or Glory multiplied by X. (.5, .25, whatever the devs deem fair). If someone just stands around in base but remains active to avoid the AFK kick, they will still receive 0 XP or glory for not having accrued any points during the match. That really is the only way to eliminate the issue.

I understand the main objective of PvP is to capture and hold the points, but the Domination bars should also be filled by kills, it only makes sense. I apologize if this is already the case and I just haven't realized it. I just don't see how a team can get outgained in kills by a huge amount and still win. There should also be some kind of point reward for reviving a teammate as it is so easy for an enemy to run in and stomp them before anyone can get them up.

With all that said, I have been leveling my cleric up mostly through PvP and still thoroughly enjoy it. Yes, there are a few balance issues, but as others have stated, they can be mostly mitigated by better play. And to the people making demands, this is a beta. The whole point is to find out what needs to be fixed through mass play testing. Make suggestions, not demands.

So many pages in and finally I read a post good enough to warrant a response. I agree 100%, while I enjoy the strat you require to win a round as it stands now, unless you are the lucky "capper" you will NOT get the highest rank. Too many points for capping a point and no where near enough for kills and for the love of god, not enough for healers that have massive assists. I've had games with the most assists and my team blew away the other and yet I'm on the bottom....dude....winning and coming in last should never happen just b/c you got a butt ton if assists but no kills, don't penalize the healer for helping their team.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skeletun wrote: »
    Ummm... I need explain what you are talking about. :eek:

lol i believed you play with stupid rogue.
  • Options
    paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    butsumtv wrote: »
    lol i believed you play with stupid rogue.

I believe he is talking about your unclear sentence structure, and lack of coherent points. Try using a different translator program.... I almost understand it. Not trying to be offensive by the way, just saying that seems to be the problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    paganhawk wrote: »
    I believe he is talking about your unclear sentence structure, and lack of coherent points. Try using a different translator program.... I almost understand it. Not trying to be offensive by the way, just saying that seems to be the problem.

Omg thx teacher and i dont use translator ok
  • Options
    titiolino2titiolino2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix the GWF class...
This discussion has been closed.