Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.23

Comments

• Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warshade wrote: »
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

no more afker in pvp Awesome :)))

Ok guys, i've played lots of mmos and this pvp is best of all, realy fun great reward, i'n going to full lv on it xD alot more fun tahn just doing quests
    Also u can add another way to get points on pvp, like if any of ur team dies u loose points killing u get, will be more fun than just guarding 3 towers
  • Options
    santos1978santos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uguruludag wrote: »
    i am not saying they must wipe all server for this reason, alas this is BETA and a entire wipeout "may" occour as always do.

They have already stated that they were not going to do a char wipe once the open beta started. If they did or even had a minor intention of doing a wipe they would not have opened the zen market, they would have to give back a lot of zen to people that actually spent a lot of money getting zen to use in the market.

I wouldn't mind if they did as long as all my zen and AD got refunded that I started with and bought since open beta but that would be a lot of work for them to do. Leveling wasn't to terrible so it wouldn't be a huge grind, though I will say the rest of the community isn't as lax as me so you would probably get a lot of upset customers.
    elbansiggy_zps80b97275.png

HONOR - ABOVE - ALL - ELSE

VICE LORD
    KILLER BEE SANTOS
  • Options
    paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    There is no Cleric aggro problem so stop saying it ppl. GF's can maintain threat just fine on ANY dungeon if they are spec'd properly and have some skill. All of the GF skills/feats/etc are not built for tanking and those GF's that dont spec as a tank are the source of the threat complaints. Just because you have a GF in your party doenst meant he/she built their character to tank. Also many GF's just plain suck and do not understand how to tank in this game as it is somewhat different than most. I find it hilarious when I run a dungeon and at the end the Cleric's pm saying "Wow I didnt die at all this run you are awesome" or "Man you are the first GF that I have seen that can actually tank what is your secret". I usually reply there is no secret nor am I special. I simply spec'd to maximize threat generation and I know my job. It is not rocket science......I know I am not the only GF that gets sick of ppl saying there is a threat problem in the game. There is NO threat issue whatsoever so get over it!

I like this.... you are correct sir!!!! IF GF's are supposed to be tanks, then people need to focus on Threat generation specs.... problem is, too many people want to "Kick A**" so they go for damage.... What is the first word in this classes name???? GUARDIAN!!!!! Not killer, not damage causer, but a Protector..... sigh.
  • Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I'm very glad to see things being done for these bugs, but I do believe some action should be warranted due to these bugs. The people who farmed gear with these characters should be put under an investigation and gear/AD should be removed which was unfairly gained.

I don't feel that an advantage this large should be left without punishment.
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Wow guys, no one can answer me? Will I have time to bait before the servers are back up?! It is essential that I fap before going on a long quest chain
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You obviously are a well read individual and keep up with all the news and announcements. WoW was the first MMO right? and Alienware is superior gaming PC which increases your dps in game because it was made by aliens....! cheers!

WTF????? Skatin said nothing about this..... sigh.....
  • Options
    kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    orthalo wrote: »
    Funny thing is your quite wrong, anyone who is actually going to be upset about this never wanted "in on the action" in the first place. It must be that hard to ask this day in age for people to find a bug report it and not EXPLOIT it, they don't realize its ****ing everyone else who likes to actually legit earn their gear, or they just don't care.

I am sure if you were presented with a option of getting a piece or pieces of equipment that would better your character for minimal to no effort, and all you had to do was follow the normal game mechanics, you would say, "No, I want to earn that the more difficult and time consuming way!" To legit to quit brah.. Mad props
  • Options
    kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    paganhawk wrote: »
    WTF????? Skatin said nothing about this..... sigh.....
    inorite!!!!!!
  • Options
    ironistironist Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leetsawces wrote: »
    Why are there no notes on how long its expected to be down? It is going to take 2+ hours to fix those few issues..?

read the launcher, it will last for 2 hours. as usual.
  • Options
    jsnspncr90jsnspncr90 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow guys, no one can answer me? Will I have time to bait before the servers are back up?! It is essential that I fap before going on a long quest chain

They aren't up yet so you better hurry. Not that you need much time anyway.
  • Options
    meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    It was there in the game, and for the time it was in the game, there were no rules or posts stating that players should not take advantage of the game allowing that behavior. They technically did nothing wrong, and as such can't be penalized for it, especially now that the problem is fixed.

You are wrong. Very wrong. Read the TOS and EULA to find out how wrong. If you need help with understanding them, please ask and I, as well as many others, will happily be able to enlighten you.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • Options
    bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a few bullets

- Can't help but find some humor in the posts complaining about GF's being nerfed. Far too many people gloss over information and miss what's important. It's not a nerf, it's an extremely rare bug, essentially, which resulted in a potential exploit.

- On the PvP situation - I didn't even understand what was going on when for three battles in a row, I was the only one even trying to score points and my other three teammates were just standing around doing nothing. Had no idea this was an exploit. Very glad to see it being addressed because obviously that was a PvP game killer. It still raises some further questions, and they've been asked here (what qualifies as 'AFK'? how does that teammate get replaced? what if someone just hits a button or two here and there to avoid 'AFK' status? etc.) For this reason, I actually tend to like the Vote To Kick method. Every game I've played with it (except WoW, which I stopped playing eons ago) - it works very, very well, and people are largely responsible with it. Star Wars most recently comes to mind.

- Thank you for taking care of the mail bug. Yes, the copies were annoying and I accidentally deleted an item from the Auction House once because of it. Glad this was a priority.

- Just a note of thanks overall, I am absolutely certain that nowadays, running a game is not just a largely thankless job, but one in which you are constantly flamed, yelled at, ridiculed, pestered, bothered, and bickered at until that one guy's personal issue is addressed. Everyone wants a personalized response RIGHT NOW. Your company so far seems to be doing this as well as, or better, than most. There are some companies that completely fail in this regard. Glad to see you are not one of them. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    kaur4646kaur4646 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could someone tell me how long server has been down already? So i know when to check again, not all of us are from US and im not sure whats the time difference with gmt 0.

Thx for fine patch updates :)
  • Options
    jghjgh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theyre supposed to be up 2 minutes ago.
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    I have to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so hard, the extra long (and quite expected) maintenance times are a blessing in disguise. I just ate a disgusting spicy mexican burrito, and I can tell its going to be a fighter. Im going to need a toilet with a handicap safety rail AND a seatbelt.... afk 20-30min!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    First that simile you made was a horrible ;) but thats what I find so funny is the hypocrisy at all these folks acting like they have some sort of moral compass they follow when in actuality they're upset they didn't get a piece of the action... Morals in a video game... Good luck finding that... Who here had or used a Gameshark for their Nintendo?!

Not me.... as a matter of fact, I don't even let my kids use cheat codes until AFTER they have beaten the game regularly... then they can do the extra's.... morality has to be taught, it is NOT intuitive..... sigh.
  • Options
    bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morality has to be taught, it is NOT intuitive..... sigh.

quoted for truth, and hats off to your parenting methods.
  • Options
    wrongrobwrongrob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We are looking into various solutions internally. We have a team of designers looking at game logs and determining what specifically can be done to ensure that the game remains fair and balanced. Thank you for voicing your concerns! Keeping the game fair is a high priority for us.

Dump your logs to a DB and then do data analysis on them, at least for important events. I'm surprised you're not doing this already - every MMO I've worked on has done this.
  • Options
    kaur4646kaur4646 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    inorite!!!!!!

Huh? that makes no sense.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so hard, the extra long (and quite expected) maintenance times are a blessing in disguise. I just ate a disgusting spicy mexican burrito, and I can tell its going to be a fighter. Im going to need a toilet with a handicap safety rail AND a seatbelt.... afk 20-30min!

get a toilet with a built in <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dispenser. thats what i have
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    the issue is simply glory points. the problem will be that the game is going to have a lot of gear for sale that are paid by glory. my toon "moonshadow" played mostly pvp matches and i was able to get all of the clerics pvp gear and i purchased some for a guild friend. getting glory is a bit to easy.

the easy thing to do is to remove all pvp gear and have every one start over. that will totally stink for me because i have the entire set. I don't see how else this can be fixed other then singling out each person individually.

you do understand pvp gear has MUCH weaker stats than pve gear... alot of pieces have no Power, which is like wearing nothing in that slot..
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    i will call this more as a soft rollout. There is a huge difference with open beta and closed beta. I agree with you in part but if you are accepting your customers money that changes things.

To be fair, they were accepting your money in closed beta as well. How that worked is when it went to open beta, the zen was given back to you in full to use again. I suppose if there were ever a wipe again, all the zen you purchased up to that point, would simply be given back to you to repurchase whatever. I thought it was fair that they did accept cash in close beta and then wiped.
  • Options
    ethanh333ethanh333 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else getting knocked off the game since patch? I cant take 2 steps.
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krypticz76 wrote: »
    It would also be nice if you could put the server status on the website or launcher so a guy knows if he can play or not.
    Little dot, upper left corner, Green= go, Red= no go... simple
  • Options
    ubiquinoneubiquinone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban them exploiters.

Ive reported all of them plz they have no right to play this game anymore :( cuz they destroyed the Economy!

People spending hundreds of dollars on top notch pve gear as soon as they level to 60 is destroying economy and putting the "pay to win" stigma on the game. PW is not gonna ban people who went pvp-afk because it is then less people to by their Zen.
    Furthermore, what is now stopping those pvp afkers from just pressing the Num Lock button once they revive and doing a match in a semi afk mode. So easy to bypass these restrictions.
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First that simile you made was a horrible ;) but thats what I find so funny is the hypocrisy at all these folks acting like they have some sort of moral compass they follow when in actuality they're upset they didn't get a piece of the action... Morals in a video game... Good luck finding that... Who here had or used a Gameshark for their Nintendo?!
    I did, I also remember Nintendo try to sue the makers cause it introduced game breaking codes that "could break the machine"...
  • Options
    badxideasbadxideas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Not me.... as a matter of fact, I don't even let my kids use cheat codes until AFTER they have beaten the game regularly... then they can do the extra's.... morality has to be taught, it is NOT intuitive..... sigh.

I dont know if I agree that it ISN'T intuitive. Either way, there is another way of looking at it:

It all boils down to who the skilled/talented/intelligent players are...

People who have a higher level of skill or natural talent, or use their brain play games to find challenge and enjoy difficult situations. These are the people who won't exploit a game's bugs or use cheats because cheating undermines their goal of finding challenge.

Players who lack adequate skill, have no innate talents to speak of, or simply aren't too smart, take advantage in any flaw in the game to make it easier for them, otherwise they could never keep up with others. They live their lives feeling inadequate in every way. and when they find a 'hole left by the developers' or anything exploitable, its like they have finally found what its like to be intelligent or skilled.

We should pity them or laugh at them, but don't punish the poor things - they have a hell of a time.
    Amillion Bucks L60 obsolete GF
    Amillion Dollars L60 'easy mode' GWF
  • Options
    ismaur1991ismaur1991 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously you guys are nerfing characters already? just cause a handful of noobs are complaining.... why would you make a DPS paragon tree for guardian fighter if your just gonna nerf them when they start doing too much damage.... this is very disappointing.... your following the same foots steps of SWTOR. While your nerfing stuff as a guardian fighter this is what makes the game difficult for me when facing other players....Wizards control powers last for too long... Clerics heal too often in pvp.... Rogues do to much damage and the 2nders run can too often there why don't you nerf those too...
    The fix was for the exploit of a passive, which was broken and was removing quadrilions of armor off the target, one hitting everything. EVERYTHING even the last boss in castle never. If any of devs, or administrator reads this, please, consider either a full character wipe, or a gear wipe and give everyone a set of items according to their level. This one exploit ruined, RUINED THIS **** GOOD GAME! :/ The content was already very narrow, now everyone will clear it in 2, 3 days from now, with hundreds of epics from Castle Never, farmed with this exploit. Or, if you are capable of finding people who got items through that exploit, simply remove them. I'm already full t2, and i dont mind wiping everything really.

On the other hand, why couldnt you just shut down the shards the moment you got a confirmation about the exploit? It lasted too long, met a lot of guild groups who were just kicking me, cuz they were farming everything in 3 or 4 players, just one shoting everything.

I am really disappointed, this game was so promising...either a char/gear wipe, or a new t3, hard to beat content to make this game challenging again.

What's more, many people made A LOT of money on this exploit, selling items worth 200M AD (approx 10k dollars). Is this even legal? Looks like kinda stealing from you guys :/.
  • Options
    magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited May 2013
    But the AFK its in 15 min doesn't? in that time you can won a pvp match...
    You got to reduce the pvp afk time to 3, 5 min maybe...
This discussion has been closed.