What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.23

Comments

• Options
    orthaloorthalo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its hilarious listening to all these high and mighty folks cry for the heads of those "exploiters". I guarantee the majority of you have or would, if queued into a epic dungeon instance with one of these "exploiters" sit back and watch in awe. All the while benefiting from the experience, then hide your loot and step back up on your high horse. Equipping a gear set and then finding out you hit rather hard and then utilizing your newfound abilities. HANG THEM! Perhaps better closed beta testers could have prevented the lynch mobs?

Exploiting a game in any way shape or form is wrong and we all know it! That's like saying just because the person sitting in front of you taking a test for a job had a slight hole in his arm position allowing you to see his test and use his answers is just fine and dandy.

It's a morals thing.... and apparently no one has real morals anymore.
  • Options
    krypticz76krypticz76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would also be nice if you could put the server status on the website or launcher so a guy knows if he can play or not.
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skatin wrote: »
    What is with all the complaining?

People, this is a BETA. Do you understand that? BETA. Say it with me..... BETA.

I fully expect a complete wipe when the game is released. It's the right thing to do. What? You spent money on a BETA? Don't want to lose all your hard work on a BETA? What were you thinking?

And all the crying about exploiters ruining the economy, pvp afk'ers, it's a BETA. They are working on it. What did you expect, a stable economy in a BETA? Did you expect no exploiters in a BETA? This is earth, not heaven, nothing is perfect, especially in a BETA. BETA. BETA. Say it with me.... BETA.

Hello, McFly!!!!! Make like a tree and get out of here!

Enough crying already, you have been allowed to participate in a BETA to help them work out the problems. Constructive feedback is highly desired and useful. The rest is static.

B E T A
    Exacltly... I can say it... BETA. Just is they do do a wipe, people who spent cash on Zen SHOULD get that Zen fully refunded. it was paid for, it should stick with the account. Seriously... BETA!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    krypticz76 wrote: »
    It would also be nice if you could put the server status on the website or launcher so a guy knows if he can play or not.

server status is on the launcher at the top, look. All servers come down at the same time so no need for individual server status.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    krypticz76 wrote: »

what about the red and green light on the launcher?
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    tellqua wrote: »
    Agreed, I see no real issue in using a hole in the game to work for you. Most of you crying about exploiters are just pissed you didn't find them before they were closed. Again, BETA testing is about finding these holes and filling them, don't punish the testers (we are ALL testers right now) for doing exactly what the devs NEED us to do. Find the holes so they can fix them. I for one praise the exploiters for finding these holes so the devs can fix them.

Yep!
    The funny thing is that in many cases- even if there was a wipe the same people would end up back on top. B/C real testers keep testing - keep looking and keep trying to see what a game/ character can do. I lost items in that mail issue. but I will survive. So will all of you- may I suggest you go get a pep talk from Sgt. Knox - Old Jerry even has him in the bar. :p
    The rest of us just want to get back to playing.
  • Options
    electrinoelectrino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    people start to get what they want, keep it up:)
  • Options
    knavery2112knavery2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tellqua wrote: »
    Exacltly... I can say it... BETA. Just is they do do a wipe, people who spent cash on Zen SHOULD get that Zen fully refunded. it was paid for, it should stick with the account. Seriously... BETA!!

Has PW/Cryptic stated that they are doing a rollback when the game launches? In all seriousness, I don't think they can with all of the Zen purchased. Had they intended to roll back, there'd be a big disclaimer that item purchases with Zen would be temporarily postponed until after launch. You can't charge people for goods and then strip them of those items. There's some legality issues there. :)
  • Options
    azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    A lot of things that could be changed for example a setting to use either AD or gold in the AH specially for those without the AD to spare for whatever reason. some of the more common items from the zen shop not just in the zen shop (meaning those that are low zen cost btw IE keys) also avalible for AD (and yes only for AD) give more options in the ardent and celestial coin shops more the one than the other since the one only has the ability to spend 7 coins and has a very limited offering and none of them all that great infact some of them rather suck. Work on those and the player base should calm down slightly and you guys can work on the more pressing issues such as some of the melee aggro control lack of damage from gwf and any others i just can't seem to recall at this moment. But all that should take you a bit to do so good luck and i hope you take my suggestions to heart. ty for your time and the lovely game.
  • Options
    warshadewarshade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "You should receive a certain amount of XP based on the amount of points you accrue during the match. "

the main problem is CW + TR = DEAD DC and i'm Divine Cleric :P there was so 2 matches when i wasn't ambushed by 5 player when the actual team worked together rest of the pvper are brainlessly go forward and end up dying :( its not like i can ask to wait for me so ican heal you .. and when i tried to suggest something i was told to go f*** and other nice things :| the pvp right now is unbalanced i think :| or more to say its even impossible, even if i get a few point for assisting that doesn't mean i'm inactive and assist only get 25 points and my assist most of the time is around 20 or more with 3-4 kills that probably wasn't even mine xD since im healer/buffer :) but i like the idea tough so a bit on that with modifications and it would be nice :)
  • Options
    shadowmokashadowmoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hehe. I remember City of Heroes' "Tanker" class started out doing too much damage, too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't regularly PvP, but me and my friends do enjoy the occasional match here and there. It is very disheartening to see a whole team of AFKers on the other team, I don't feel like I "earned" a win. Not to mention ending up on the same team as them. Do ignore lists work from que's for PvP, if i have someone ignored who I believe is AFK PvPing will it match me with them in the future?

I see now all these people who are talking about PvP AFKers still being able to potentially AFK by just hitting spacebar a few times throughout the match.

Is there any possible way for the server to know what keys you are hitting? I guess there is really no clear fix for those who want to earn levels fast without having to do anything but hit space bar every so often.

Why are PvP and Adventure levels even tied together? I mean 1 PvP match gets you tons of exp, why not just adjust the amount of exp/glory you are getting from the matches, because clearly you are not ever going to be able to stop AFK PvP.
  • Options
    reapingurmomreapingurmom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 hour patch is there but server not up seriously this downtime is killing me on leveling fast xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Basic Signature until I finish my work on my fully made signature.
  • Options
    rivolf2rivolf2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when maintenance will finished?
  • Options
    kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    orthalo wrote: »
    Exploiting a game in any way shape or form is wrong and we all know it! That's like saying just because the person sitting in front of you taking a test for a job had a slight hole in his arm position allowing you to see his test and use his answers is just fine and dandy.

It's a morals thing.... and apparently no one has real morals anymore.

First that simile you made was a horrible ;) but thats what I find so funny is the hypocrisy at all these folks acting like they have some sort of moral compass they follow when in actuality they're upset they didn't get a piece of the action... Morals in a video game... Good luck finding that... Who here had or used a Gameshark for their Nintendo?!
  • Options
    keneringkenering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One more time (and I will repeat it every patch-thread), Cryptic, we want rest of the classes as soon as possible. Because, you know, now you will start balancing 5 we have, add new ones later and start balancing again, when you can add new ones now and balance everything together, which will save you alot of time.
  • Options
    jamtraxxjamtraxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    There is no Cleric aggro problem so stop saying it ppl. GF's can maintain threat just fine on ANY dungeon if they are spec'd properly and have some skill. All of the GF skills/feats/etc are not built for tanking and those GF's that dont spec as a tank are the source of the threat complaints. Just because you have a GF in your party doenst meant he/she built their character to tank. Also many GF's just plain suck and do not understand how to tank in this game as it is somewhat different than most. I find it hilarious when I run a dungeon and at the end the Cleric's pm saying "Wow I didnt die at all this run you are awesome" or "Man you are the first GF that I have seen that can actually tank what is your secret". I usually reply there is no secret nor am I special. I simply spec'd to maximize threat generation and I know my job. It is not rocket science......I know I am not the only GF that gets sick of ppl saying there is a threat problem in the game. There is NO threat issue whatsoever so get over it!

You need to actually have played a DC to be able to comment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1e6ypk/threat_wtf_is_going_on_with_it/
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?204291-A-FIX-to-threat

This fix works for me. It works, and if it works, that means there's something wrong to begin with.
  • Options
    sportvandorasportvandora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Combat
    • Fixed an issue where the Guardian Fighter was able to do significantly more damage than was intended.

PvP
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

Mail
    • Fixed an issue where mail appeared to duplicate itself when other mail was deleted.

Clarification: The change to Guardian Fighters is not a balance change and does not affect damage output for that class under normal circumstances. This fixes a very rare circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly to a significant degree. Most players have never experienced this, however, those who have know that it was significant enough to warrant a fix ASAP. Thanks to all the players who requested clarification on this!

Thanks for this PvP update. Another suggestion is to allow those queuing to get into a group that is not full after the AFK members are no longer in the party!

Thanks for this update!
  • Options
    azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    the patch is 2 hours take the time to fully read the msg folks 7-9 pst that's 2 hours so as of this msg that's 29 minutes remaining
  • Options
    zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We have a team...

Let me get this straight, you have a team? I was convinced you had one guy working 1hr a day :P

I mean seriously, these patch notes every week should be walls of text.

I guess it's quality over quantity :D
  • Options
    reapingurmomreapingurmom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rivolf2 wrote: »
    when maintenance will finished?

Should finish at 12pm EST 9am PST didn't notice that huehue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Basic Signature until I finish my work on my fully made signature.
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any official information to talk about whether they are doing in this patch rollback?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Gameshark? great now I need to go to google...
  • Options
    jsnspncr90jsnspncr90 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warshade wrote: »
    "You should receive a certain amount of XP based on the amount of points you accrue during the match. "

the main problem is CW + TR = DEAD DC and i'm Divine Cleric :P there was so 2 matches when i wasn't ambushed by 5 player when the actual team worked together rest of the pvper are brainlessly go forward and end up dying :( its not like i can ask to wait for me so ican heal you .. and when i tried to suggest something i was told to go f*** and other nice things :| the pvp right now is unbalanced i think :| or more to say its even impossible, even if i get a few point for assisting that doesn't mean i'm inactive and assist only get 25 points and my assist most of the time is around 20 or more with 3-4 kills that probably wasn't even mine xD since im healer/buffer :) but i like the idea tough so a bit on that with modifications and it would be nice :)

I fully understand where you are coming from. By inactive I was referring to people autorunning into walls at base or doing something similar to avoid being booted for being AFK. You receive far more points for capping control points than you do for kills (unless you get a lot of kills with a tower rush or defense bonus) and just to prove that to myself, I spent an entire round where my team refused to fight on points/together sneaking around and stealing points without killing or assisting anyone and finished second. If you do find people that play well and play together, add them as friends and try to group with them in the future. That will help mitigate getting stuck on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> teams :) If you do get stuck with bad players you can always increase your own point total by taking points while the other team is distracted defending or attacking another point. Also, be attentive as to when your team is going to cap a point and make sure to rush over to get your 300 points.
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    There is no Cleric aggro problem so stop saying it ppl. GF's can maintain threat just fine on ANY dungeon if they are spec'd properly and have some skill. All of the GF skills/feats/etc are not built for tanking and those GF's that dont spec as a tank are the source of the threat complaints. Just because you have a GF in your party doenst meant he/she built their character to tank. Also many GF's just plain suck and do not understand how to tank in this game as it is somewhat different than most. I find it hilarious when I run a dungeon and at the end the Cleric's pm saying "Wow I didnt die at all this run you are awesome" or "Man you are the first GF that I have seen that can actually tank what is your secret". I usually reply there is no secret nor am I special. I simply spec'd to maximize threat generation and I know my job. It is not rocket science......I know I am not the only GF that gets sick of ppl saying there is a threat problem in the game. There is NO threat issue whatsoever so get over it!
    Agreed, I can tell after a few mobs if the GF is spec'd to tank or dps and change my active powers to fit. If you have a good tank then AoE all the way, if not the cc and knock back. Learn your role and FFS don't forget you have plenty of points to be able to change the way you interact with your party. D&D is about working together, stop trying to solo, or be the star. Do your job and watch what others are doing and adjust accordingly.
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Will I have time to bait before the maintenance is over? I need to bait..
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plz, add sorcerer and dragonborn first xD love then, btw just for curiosity when the official release comes we all are gonna loose ours characters from openbeta?
  • Options
    paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pay attention.... they are fixing a SPECIFIC issue regarding guardians... NOT the whole thing.... geesh, forums are there for READING and posting, not just complaining.... and besides, each class has specifics... that is why it should take TEAMWORK.... sigh, D&D ****.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    First that simile you made was a horrible ;) but thats what I find so funny is the hypocrisy at all these folks acting like they have some sort of moral compass they follow when in actuality they're upset they didn't get a piece of the action... Morals in a video game... Good luck finding that... Who here had or used a Gameshark for their Nintendo?!

Funny thing is your quite wrong, anyone who is actually going to be upset about this never wanted "in on the action" in the first place. It must be that hard to ask this day in age for people to find a bug report it and not EXPLOIT it, they don't realize its ****ing everyone else who likes to actually legit earn their gear, or they just don't care.
  • Options
    uguruludaguguruludag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xiquatle wrote: »
    The issue was not the GF, but with a 4 part set of very rare, armor for the class that was broken. this is why you and most would not have a problem.

agreed with xiquatle here ,its not a NERF a bug fix.(lv60 GF's set-armor was bugged)
    but that FIX will not FIX what damage is done.(use google and check yutube for exploit-misusers , they get millions of AD etc etc)
    i am not saying they must wipe all server for this reason, alas this is BETA and a entire wipeout "may" occour as always do.
    maybe they can take it back (from the users point this exploit and gain unfair AD and more advantages.) and make all ok - i dunno .
    if you not playing fair and using exploits for selfgainings ,
    use bot or hack tools - all things above must be punished ASAP.

thanks for the great game thou - and a well deserved patchfix
This discussion has been closed.