test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The clock is ticking

therealalientherealalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
Rift announced they're going F2P in June. I'm willing to bet if we don't see end-game raids soon, people are going to leave this game for Rift.
Post edited by therealalien on

Comments

• reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    june will see alot of competitors so hopefully neverwinter can bring something to the table to wipe the floor with them
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    is Rift the game with wings ?
  • square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played Rift for a few months when it first came out

great game, I would definitely suggest it over this game if they don't screw up the free to play part
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played Rift for a few months at launch but at the end I left because I found it uninspired, bland. If they are going Freemium few months after the expansion went live, it means they aren't doing so well. I doubt the F2P move will help much but hey it's another avenue for froobs
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    square0 wrote: »
    I played Rift for a few months when it first came out

great game, I would definitely suggest it over this game if they don't screw up the free to play part

Well they are going to sell gear in the cash shop so yeah they got that part already covered eheheh

What will be available at the RIFT Store?
    Mounts, gear, boosts, companion pets, expansion Souls, services, and more.
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/freetoplay.php

Make TOR model look good....
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So go to the Rift forums then?

OP's thread seems so pointless.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »

OP is that kind of adult (though I hope he is a kid) that thinks if he doesn't get his way from the devs, the game is going to die. hence the reason for these pathetic attempts at pseudo-trolling. Sad but inevitable in today's MMO world....
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »

You expected more from this?

It's not even a discussion just a badly framed spam thread.

From the minute I read "gear" in their cash shop I immediately thought

"broke the cardinal rule again I see"

So i'm not holding my breath with Rift's F2P, I always did like how they handle their classes backstory though
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rift announced they're going F2P in June. I'm willing to bet if we don't see end-game raids soon, people are going to leave this game for Rift.

I'm willing to bet that you're a lyer and I hate you.

p.s Rift is a pile of **** you would literally have to have the attention span of a Pine cone to enjoy that game over other such epic titles such as HKO, Tera, Aion, BNS Atomix, Neverwinter, Morrowind Online, Surgeon simulator online.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wheres your proof that they will. As someone who actually likes Rift ( I also like eating glass and whipping myself ) I can tell you most people find it dull and its mostly a ghost town these days.

The only people that play Rift are self harmers.
    edited May 2013
    e11z wrote: »

p.s Rift is a pile of **** you would literally have to have the attention span of a Pine cone to enjoy that game over other such epic titles such as HKO, Tera, Aion, BNS Atomix, Neverwinter, Morrowind Online, Surgeon simulator online.

Add Hello Kitty Lobotomy Online to the list
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    e11z wrote: »

p.s Rift is a pile of **** you would literally have to have the attention span of a Pine cone to enjoy that game over other such epic titles such as HKO, Tera,
    >Aion<
    , BNS Atomix, Neverwinter, Morrowind Online, Surgeon simulator online.

I will never for the life of me, understand why they keep putting this game in there with the "good" ones.

Just my opinion though.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I paid for Rift for a while, and couldn't be bothered to play even though I could have. It was a real drag to get to max level. It's an OK game, but pretty much a less refined WoW with very boring zones and a PvP system where you will be the victim for weeks before you can catch up.

There is a reason why it goes F2P after two years of lingering and merging server after server. I think people who want a WoW-like experience should just play WoW and not keep wasting time on clones that lack in one way or another. Neverwinter's gameplay is completey different (the combat system), so I don't even see how Rift would be a "danger".

You F2P people need to up your standards a little and not keep jumping on old, dated games only because they no longer take a monthly fee. Neverwinter is both new and F2P, so why would you play something like Rift? But I do like Trion, even though their games are mediocre, so hopefully this will breathe some fresh air in the Rift community.

(Don't tell anyone, it's a secret, but you can actually play more than one game at a time!)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Well they are going to sell gear in the cash shop so yeah they got that part already covered eheheh

What will be available at the RIFT Store?
    Mounts, gear, boosts, companion pets, expansion Souls, services, and more.
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/freetoplay.php

Make TOR model look good....

I really wish more MMO's would uses TOR's pay model.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    (Don't tell anyone, it's a secret, but you can actually play more than one game at a time!)

Don't say filthy lies, you pesky cat!
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trion haven't exactly been doing so well lately.

End of nations was a trainwreck, they had to refund everybody.
    Defiance is not doing too well (though that one is their own fault :/)
    Rift going towards a free to play model means its losing subscribers, especially if its so close to the launch of their latest expansion pack.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
    edited May 2013
    lymprecht wrote: »
    I really wish more MMO's would uses TOR's pay model.

Last time I checked they wanted to charge me for an extra hotbar (in a game where by level 20 yo have already like 30-40 skills....).
    To me that is a lot worse than charging for bag space: I can keep cleaning my bags but I can't keep rotating my skills...
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    What is it with some MMO players?The same sort of thing appears on the Guild Wars 2 forum.Doom,doom,doom.About 90% of players are playing the game without a care and will move on when they don't care,while those doom merchants worry about every little detail like their life depends upon it.So strange.
    edited May 2013
    What is it with some MMO players?The same sort of thing appears on the Guild Wars 2 forum.Doom,doom,doom.About 90% of players are playing the game without a care and will move on when they don't care,while those doom merchants worry about every little detail like their life depends upon it.So strange.

It happens with all games. When GW2 came out, for the first 2-3 months, the forums were a cesspit of trolls,haters and people declaring the game was going to die. As I have already said, there is a typology of players that can't really grow up like a normal adult would (and if you point out they are being a bit melodramatic, you are a fanboy...)
  • saeleth7saeleth7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being someone who played Rift since its first closed beta and just quit recently I can tell you that no, people won't leave NW in droves for Rift, not unless they are looking for bland combat and WoW inspired quests.

Plus in the Rift cash shop you are going to be able to flat out purchase gear and then as new raid tiers release be able to buy raid level gear.

On a side note, I don't understand how people, while this game is in open-beta, as screaming "OMG NO CONTENT CLOCK IS TICKING LOLOLOLZ". If you're unhappy then play something you enjoy rather than spend your day yelling about how you hate this game on the forum (while most likely logged into NW also lol)
    edited May 2013
    saeleth7 wrote: »
    Being someone who played Rift since its first closed beta and just quit recently I can tell you that no, people won't leave NW in droves for Rift, not unless they are looking for bland combat and WoW inspired quests.

Plus in the Rift cash shop you are going to be able to flat out purchase gear and then as new raid tiers release be able to buy raid level gear.

On a side note, I don't understand how people, while this game is in open-beta, as screaming "OMG NO CONTENT CLOCK IS TICKING LOLOLOLZ". If you're unhappy then play something you enjoy rather than spend your day yelling about how you hate this game on the forum (while most likely logged into NW also lol)

Unfortunately, they are more interested in being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> online than the actual game. And a lot of them, will never leave.. it's just a 8 years old strategy...
  • lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Last time I checked they wanted to charge me for an extra hotbar (in a game where by level 20 yo have already like 30-40 skills....).
    To me that is a lot worse than charging for bag space: I can keep cleaning my bags but I can't keep rotating my skills...

Yeah but you start with four. I've never had need of a fifth.
    edited May 2013
    You start with 4 if you are a previous player, otherwise you start with 2.
    My 'launch' account (with all the preorder perks) is unavailable because I had an authenticator and when I changed phone and copied the authenticator backup across, it didn't work (while WOW's worked just fine) and they want me to call UK to fix this. So I started a trial account and I can tell you, for new players it's quite restrictive
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It happens with all games. When GW2 came out, for the first 2-3 months, the forums were a cesspit of trolls,haters and people declaring the game was going to die.

But those people were pretty much right, no? :)
  • symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Rift is pretty good overall, some things i don't like, just like neverwinter.
    But some things i do like, just like neverwinter.
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    But those people were pretty much right, no? :)

Apparently not as the game is doing fine. A lot of the complaints revolved around the fact that GW2 isn't WoW... yeah from that point of view they were right ;p
    edited May 2013
    Apparently not as the game is doing fine.

I lol'd.

Carry on.
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    I lol'd.

Carry on.

You have info that most people don't have? Whenever I play I see the servers full as usual. Of course the wowkiddies went away but that happens with all the games.

Anyway, this isn't GW2 forum so...
    edited May 2013
    You have info that most people don't have? Whenever I play I see the servers full as usual. Of course the wowkiddies went away but that happens with all the games.

Anyway, this isn't GW2 forum so...

The game is overrun by bots, so yeah, no doubt they're full. ^____^