test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• arthaniel1arthaniel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edleafs wrote: »
    Hi, I can not create new post so I thought I would post my question here.

After a while, I'm now at level 16 I notice that the sparkly trail guide is now gone whenever I'm doing a quest but before, it used to lead me to where I need to go. I have a feeling that I may have push a button in my keyboard that disabled it accidentally. If I did, can someone tell me how to enable it again. Thank you.

Pres Z to Bring up the Quest Path.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rivolf2 wrote: »
    please give links to topic guides about rogue

Er . . . did you try possibly the Class forums?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?701-Class-Forums
    arthaniel1 wrote: »

Also bear in mind not all quests have paths. If you are, for instance, at your quest's "hunting area" (the blue area on your map) the path disappears, because it is just leading you to that area in general. Also, some quests that are on other maps may not path properly. These are noted by a red icon in place of the selector in your journal and on your objectives list.
    If I buy The Founders Pack in beta and use the benefits of the pack will i get them back when the game goes live? E.G. I buy the Founders Pack and use 1.5 mill Astral diamonds in the Open beta and the Bags of holding when the Servers go live and out of Beta and everything is reset will I get my Diamonds and Bags back?

The game is in Open Beta, but there will be no wipes. As a Founder, everything I have spent and done so far is now permanent. So what you spend now is spent for good. The good side of this is you get to keep the items you buy :) You do not lose anything at all, so if you buy a Bag of Holding, you keep that Bag of Holding for good.
    Is there any specific level criteria for adding guild members? trying to start a guild.

Starting a guild is VERY easy :) All you need is a group of 5 level 15+ characters in Protector's Enclave in the same instance. Once the guild is formed, there is no level requirement. I was able to invite all my alts and 3 of them are level 5 (fresh out of the tutorial). So the only level requirement is for initial creation.
  • flayreflayre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long will the Founder's Packs be available?
  • stinkpeltstinkpelt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if it's been asked here already, but how does manual grouping work for epic dungeons? Do you have to run out to the dungeon, same as in non-epic dungeons, or does it have a different mechanic?
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayre wrote: »
    How long will the Founder's Packs be available?

They say the top of this forum:
    The Founder Program ends soon. Become a Founder now before it's too late: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/

No exact date is mentioned.
    stinkpelt wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been asked here already, but how does manual grouping work for epic dungeons? Do you have to run out to the dungeon, same as in non-epic dungeons, or does it have a different mechanic?

If you mean for a queue . . . it depends on your level. Queues are level based, so if your group is all within the appropriate level range for the desired dungeon and your team leader queues you as a team, then you all queue together. If your group is a full party of 5, it's an instant entry, since you do not have to wait on a PUG to join you.
  • stinkpeltstinkpelt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm, guess I wasn't clear enough :D

While leveling, when I joined people for dungeons via manual invites (so either by sending them a tell, or getting invited directly from an explorer area map, not by queuing (queueing?)), we'd all have to run out to the dungeon entrance and click on the door to enter (as opposed to getting automatically teleported to the dungeon if using queue). Maybe I'm mistaken and it works differently, I think I only tried grouping manually once or twice though.

But if it works like I described, how does it work for epic dungeons? I've seen people LFM in Enclave zone chat, so let's say you invite 4 people to the group manually without using queue at all, will you get teleported to the dungeon, or will everyone have to run out?
  • dexbladerdexblader Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I downloaded the client and when I tried to install it I got "Not a Valid Win 32 file". I am currently running windows 7. PLEASE HELP!
    edited May 2013
    Your download was corrupted. They are having some server issues at the moment (game is down for us as I type this response) so it may be possible the download of the file was effected as well. Either way, perform the following steps to be sure:

- Re-download the file.
    - Run the file as an administrator
    - Be sure your protection software (anti-virus/anti-malware/anti-human species) software is not blocking the file

If these steps fail, reply back and we'll see what further steps you can take.
  • spacenightriderspacenightrider Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do I friend others in-game? I'm somewhat new to this game, so I don't have so much knowledge on how the friend system works.
  • rakashnirrakashnir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any ETA for the Warlock class ? I've heard left and right people mentioning Warlocks and Rangers as the next playable classes but have yet to find an official post about it.
  • snakesizzelsnakesizzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I purchased a founders pack and never received it. im past the tutorial
  • twiztidmagictwiztidmagic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    after you talk to Knox you should get an ingame mail
  • darkladyoffiredarkladyoffire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quick question, will the drow race ever be available outside of the hero of the north package? (preferable for something under $50)
  • edleafsedleafs Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also bear in mind not all quests have paths. If you are, for instance, at your quest's "hunting area" (the blue area on your map) the path disappears, because it is just leading you to that area in general. Also, some quests that are on other maps may not path properly. These are noted by a red icon in place of the selector in your journal and on your objectives list.

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying that up. Playing Neverwinter for the first time so often I get lost from where I should be heading. I find the path trail helpful. :)
    edited May 2013
    Quick question, will the drow race ever be available outside of the hero of the north package? (preferable for something under $50)

Yes. The Drow are free to play 60 days after launch. Since it's already been a couple weeks since launch, the wait is even less. Though the game is in Beta, I believe they are considering the Drow release as 60 days after April 30th.

I may be wrong though . . .
    edleafs wrote: »
    Ah okay, thanks for clarifying that up. Playing Neverwinter for the first time so often I get lost from where I should be heading. I find the path trail helpful. :)

Same here. I love to have the option to know where I am going. And if I am just helping out a friend or feel like exploring, then a quick flick of the "Z" key takes the trail out of distracting me from wondering or following players :) Hehe. I can see it now . . .

Party member: "Where's our healer"?
    Healer (Wondering off) "Oooh . . . . Sparkles . . . "

:)
  • mommie4lifemommie4life Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question: I know it said that characters would be wiped when Headstart begins. Will characters be wiped at the end of Open Beta?
    edited May 2013
    Question: I know it said that characters would be wiped when Headstart begins. Will characters be wiped at the end of Open Beta?

No. It has been verified by the Devs that there are no mote wipes. Everything we do now stays for good :)
  • whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Where can i find pink shirts and pants? For rogue. I see people selling them, but where did they get it?
  • lachis11lachis11 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will I be able to create threads? For some reason every forum disallows this from me.
  • aeioriusaeiorius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only 2 questions...
    where do I join in relic hunter?
    I'm level 12 and received a daily foundry mission, where I go?
  • serkadenserkaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is Neverwinter region locked? Ie, as a UK resident, would i be able to play with my friends in the US?
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    serkaden wrote: »
    Is Neverwinter region locked? Ie, as a UK resident, would i be able to play with my friends in the US?

There's no region locking, I've been in teams with people in the US, Germany and Australia whilst being in the UK.
  • serkadenserkaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you very much for the speedy reply good sir. :D
    That's fantastic news.
  • dromirisdromiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you guys going to make a ranger class? i love this games mechanics but all classes bore me and i REALLY want a ranger class
  • heavensenttheavensentt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are sErvers live or this still BETA and characters going to be wiped soon ?
  • aeioriusaeiorius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only 2 questions...
    where do I join in relic hunter?
    I'm level 12 and i have a daily foundry and dungeon mission, where I go?
  • ganker3ganker3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone expalin me why I can't post forum threads? My account is few days old. How long do I have to wait?
  • mharrismharris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the answer to your question is it is live and no wipes
  • mharrismharris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for foundry and missions : foundry press K key, for missions press J key hope this helps
  • mommie4lifemommie4life Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, maybe I missed this somewhere because apparently I've accidentally taken a screenshot before, but I don't know what key it is. What is the screenshot key? Also, can you take a screenshot with the UI visible? All the ones that I've seen have no UI.
This discussion has been closed.