What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Its kind of depressing that hes been had. Then his guild master lied in the other thread to defend him and their actions, just for the truth to come out in this thread. That is what I feel is the worse of the whole situation. Yes, I understand he exploits and cheats and his credibility is trash now, but the simple fact that his guild leader knew and attempted to justify just because this guy maybe threw some AD his way or epics.

That is whats wrong with the MMO market these days.. Its not really the MMOs.. Its the cesspool of playerbase it brings with it.

To think.. before today this thread had some meaning and legit knowledge. Now it's just tainted comedy because everyone knows what he is..
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I won't be banned, GG.

I can't wait to come back to this thread when you're wrong.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vlayde9 wrote: »
    I can't wait to come back to this thread when you're wrong.

All you guys saw was GhostShell failing at manipulating me into looking bad.

Look at your savior.

EvDoznl.png
    Source
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Look at your savior.

EvDoznl.png
    Source

Not really my savior.. This just validates what I said above about the MMO player base as a whole. It still doesn't deflect your actions that are against you. You most likely wont get banned but I do hope they check logs of your character.

Just because at the moment you seem desperate and acting like a prat. Instead of just manning up and admitting what you did was wrong.

But its just a game so morale and ethics have limits.. For some
  • Options
    vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    manipulating me into looking bad.

You're doing a pretty good job of that yourself.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    l3uck3t wrote: »
    Not really my savior.. This just validates what I said above about the MMO player base as a whole. It still doesn't deflect your actions that are against you. You most likely wont get banned but I do hope they check logs of your character.

Just because at the moment you seem desperate and acting like a prat. Instead of just manning up and admitting what you did was wrong.

But its just a game so morale and ethics have limits.. For some

Admitting that I did something wrong would mean I would have to believe I did something wrong. GG.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Not sure why you are saying GG like your are beating me at something.. I have simply just used the information that was given to come up with my own analogy. Your defensive and prat behavior like saying "GG" is enough information for me to know that you don't have the personality to care what the community thinks of you. Although, it wouldn't seem so since you put so much work in to this thread to say otherwise .

I guess you're content on the communities new image of you and have no sense of dignity to defend yourself if these allegations are incorrect.

You stating that you think by using your armor to duo and exploit dungeon drops is not wrong doesn't make it right. I guess we will wait to see what NW says.. Since the proof is here
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I should rephrase my statement since I'm interesting..

You think a player using the armor to one shot bosses and farm loot is acceptable. I'm not saying you did or didn't.. I'm simply asking if you think its okay to do so?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not sure why you are saying GG like your are beating me at something.. I have simply just used the information that was given to come up with my own analogy. Your defensive and prat behavior like saying "GG" is enough information for me to know that you don't have the personality to care what the community thinks of you. Although, it wouldn't seem so since you put so much work in to this thread to say otherwise .

I guess you're content on the communities new image of you and have no sense of dignity to defend yourself if these allegations are incorrect.

You stating that you think by using your armor to duo and exploit dungeon drops is not wrong doesn't make it right. I guess we will wait to see what NW says.. Since the proof is here

I didn't make this guide to gain popularity. You can think badly of me all you want. That doesn't change the validity of this guides contents. It's still, along with Rokuthy's, the best, and most accurate representation of the Guardian Fighter class.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I should rephrase my statement since I'm interesting..

You think a player using the armor to one shot bosses and farm loot is acceptable. I'm not saying you did or didn't.. I'm simply asking if you think its okay to do so?

Just as acceptable as literally every T2 group glitching Spider Priestess outside of the door way. I'm willing to bet 98% of the community clears Spider Temple this way.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I didn't make this guide to gain popularity. You can think badly of me all you want. That doesn't change the validity of this guides contents. It's still, along with Rokuthy's, the best, and most accurate representation of the Guardian Fighter class.

but rokuthy has correct information and math *cough*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    but rokuthy has correct information and math *cough*

What's not correct in my guide exactly?

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Just as acceptable as literally every T2 group glitching Spider Priestess outside of the door way. I'm willing to bet 98% of the community clears Spider Temple this way.

Ah man.. I was really hoping for a more acceptable answer the deflecting a LoS bug as your defense.

Alright then.. Good luck. Was really hoping you were on the high road with all this and these allegations were incorrect but it seems that you and your guild favor this type of play.

Which is very sad for the legit good players out there that actually read your thread

Anyways.. I'm out.
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Look at your savior.

EvDoznl.png
    Source

I don't think that anyone called him a savior but some did think he might be a snitch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I didn't see this.. I do think its a good guide but not the best. Posting a guide for an open beta that is subject to change is like throwing quarters in to a well.

I personally think there are two other DPS classes that do it better then GF and tour gimping your group if you go against a good premade that chooses the ladder.

Also, you could write the next constitution of the United States bit if you don't have the creds to back it up then it means jack and ****, with jack leaving town..

Which you have none now.

Now I'm out..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What's not correct in my guide exactly?

Your evaluation of crit, power and recovery. Not endorsing Stalwart (yes, it is very superior dps to timeless, except in very few boss fights where you're soloing or duoing the boss with no heals and don't want to get hit). Races do matter *cough* dwarfs or half orc for best dps *cough*. Anvil of Doom > Griffon. Normal Enchantments > Tenebrous. Villain's Menace > all.

To the guy above me: DPS GF is the highest dps class/spec in the game except for max gear + optimized rotation rouges (rogues scale too well with gear). This means that they are the highest aoe dps class in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your evaluation of crit, power and recovery. Not endorsing Stalwart (yes, it is very superior dps to timeless, except in very few boss fights where you're soloing or duoing the boss with no heals and don't want to get hit). Races do matter *cough* dwarfs or half orc for best dps *cough*. Anvil of Doom > Griffon. Normal Enchantments > Tenebrous. Villain's Menace > all.

To the guy above me: DPS GF is the highest dps class/spec in the game except for max gear + optimized rotation rouges (rogues scale too well with gear). This means that they are the highest aoe dps class in the game.

I'm speaking on a PVP standpoint. . I should of been more precise. 2CW and 1 Rogue is better atm.

Apologies for the misconception. . Things could change thouggh.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm speaking on a PVP standpoint. . I should of been more precise. 2CW and 1 Rogue is better atm.

Apologies for the misconception. . Things could change thouggh.
    Ah, okay. The best group for PvE is: 1 TR, 2 DC, 1 CW, 1 CW/GF/GWF
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The two screenshots that Rok has demonstrating his damage in T2 dungeons I have topped with the Timeless set. Crit is definitely a better stat than power and recovery. Tenebrous is definitely better than other enchants. I said I use Villian's Menace in both PvP and PvE. Anvil of Doom is a gimmick skill that you can use maybe twice on any given boss fight. I have stated numerous times that Humans, Orcs, and Tieflings are all better for DPS. Uh, anything else?

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The two screenshots that Rok has demonstrating his damage in T2 dungeons I have topped with the Timeless set. Crit is definitely a better stat than power and recovery. Tenebrous is definitely better than other enchants. I said I use Villian's Menace in both PvP and PvE. Anvil of Doom is a gimmick skill that you can use maybe twice on any given boss fight. I have stated numerous times that Humans, Orcs, and Tieflings are all better for DPS. Uh, anything else?

1st sentence is a fallacy. Crit is not the best stat for dps; math disagrees with you. Anvil of Doom does more dps when used on cooldown than griffon's at 25%hp< and way more at 25%hp>.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1st sentence is a fallacy. Crit is not the best stat for dps; math disagrees with you. Anvil of Doom does more dps when used on cooldown than griffon's at 25%hp< and way more at 25%hp>.

It's paper vs practice. Cooldown reduction looks good on paper but the lower base cooldown of your skill, the less value CDR holds. I have 2.7k recovery without gearing for it in particular and anymore would not give me a significant increase in damage. As for power, take off everything that gives you power, except for your weapon and your parse will be just slightly lower than with it. Definitely not enough of a difference to warrant stacking it. I don't even use Griffon's I don't know why you keep bringing that into this. Anvil of Doom will be used once while under 25%, if you're lucky, twice. Outside of 25%, Bullrush is a higher DPS skill.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    It's paper vs practice. Cooldown reduction looks good on paper but the lower base cooldown of your skill, the less value CDR holds. I have 2.7k recovery without gearing for it in particular and anymore would not give me a significant increase in damage. As for power, take off everything that gives you power, except for your weapon and your parse will be just slightly lower than with it. Definitely not enough of a difference to warrant stacking it. I don't even use Griffon's I don't know why you keep bringing that into this. Anvil of Doom will be used once while under 25%, if you're lucky, twice. Outside of 25%, Bullrush is a higher DPS skill.
    You're right on Bullrush, not usable on non bosses sadly. Power is better than crit even after say 1.1k. Even more so, Stalwart is better dps than Timeless, so you wouldn't "randomly" have 2.7k recovery. So what if you have more crit chance and you think the weapon damage increase isn't much? Do you know how much that affects your dps? Little things add up.

Lastly, you're a moron because I factored in the cooldowns of the abilities when judging recovery (including the non existant cooldown of cleave).
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Did you really just state that your DPS is higher than mine because you've "outdamaged the screenshots" I posted (the day I got the 4 piece without any knowledge of it at all)? Come on man, I respect you and your guide, but really? There's so many flaws with that argument, beyond the obvious.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're right on Bullrush, not usable on non bosses sadly. Power is better than crit even after say 1.1k. Even more so, Stalwart is better dps than Timeless, so you wouldn't "randomly" have 2.7k recovery. So what if you have more crit chance and you think the weapon damage increase isn't much? Do you know how much that affects your dps? Little things add up.

Lastly, you're a moron because I factored in the cooldowns of the abilities when judging recovery (including the non existant cooldown of cleave).

I haven't used any gear exclusively for recovery. 2.7 just from the best crit jewelry. My power is at 7k, crit at 3.2k, recov at 2.7. Switching to a set that keeps my crit/recov that high, but loses 2k power I do nearly identical damage. Explain that. You argue that "little things add up" and yet you push off tenebrous like its nothing. Also, stacking recovery into heavy DR of 3ks will get you maybe half a second less on lunging. Even if that did turn out to be a huge DPS increase, you're not going to be using skills the exact time they come off cooldown. You'll be dodging / blocking enough to where you won't be able to keep your "paper theory crafted perfect rotation" and that's when the high burst you were able to do from crits will keep your average DPS up along with Tenebrous proc'ing from your damage over time that stays on the boss even when you're blocking and dodging.

Anything else?

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    Did you really just state that your DPS is higher than mine because you've "outdamaged the screenshots" I posted (the day I got the 4 piece without any knowledge of it at all)? Come on man, I respect you and your guide, but really? There's so many flaws with that argument, beyond the obvious.

It's not meant to be a concrete argument but as that's the only evidence to be used as a comparison. I'm not starting a whocandomoredamage <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> swinging competition. Sanctum's the one coming in here with his pen and paper superiority and it's simply not true.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    triceranuketriceranuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been following this guide but apparently we're getting nerfed tomorrow =[

Hopefully I won't have to spend money on a respec
  • Options
    laplanduslaplandus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nobody getting nerfed, they fixing one shot bug
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've been following this guide but apparently we're getting nerfed tomorrow =[

Hopefully I won't have to spend money on a respec

We're not getting nerfed. That path is to address a broken mechanic involving one of the T1 Guardian Fighter sets and has no effect to this build or the Guardian Fighter in general.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey Envy.

Im hearing you now prefer to use the Valiant Warrior set in both pvp and pve. What made you make that decision? Could you please make a research comparing the dps output of the Timeless Hero set vs the Valiant Warrior set, with numbers, screenshots and such? I think everyone would be interested.

Oh and if you can please record a video showing us how you perform in PVE with that new set so that we can get a grip on the tactics used.

ROFLMAO

/thread right there.

Oh great exploiter, please post more BS about your guide! We all know you are nothing but a joke, but please do anyway! Let us see some of those 8 mil hits you've been doing!

Not only were you abusing this bug, you also showed others how to use it, and don't say otherwise - we have screenshots to prove it.

I hope you get banned tomorrow. You probably won't, but I hope.
  • Options
    adrynbadrynb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been thinking of starting a GF for a while and the guide was a good and interesting read. Your actions don't negate the guide, it's true but it's a shame you knowingly chose the path you did, you could of stayed on to help a lot of players.
    The mod didn't drop that message in here because it's a GF thread, it was a message to you dude.
    If this was a predator movie you'd be covered in red dots about now.