What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    digitalmusdigitalmus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm uploading a video of some Knight's Challenge PvP when I was wearing 3/4th of the set. So when you watch it, imagine me critting WAY more often. It should be up in about 10 minutes.

what's your new build? does it work better than the one you've already posted, or is it just for testing right now? i would hate if i had to respec :/ (level 54 atm)
  • Options
    maligkn0maligkn0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone be a sport and tell us where does tenebrous and plaguefire drops? they are stupidly expensive in the AH and i make a ton of ADiamonds.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    maligkn0 wrote: »
    Can someone be a sport and tell us where does tenebrous and plaguefire drops? they are stupidly expensive in the AH and i make a ton of ADiamonds.

They drop from the nightmare lockboxes.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    digitalmus wrote: »
    what's your new build? does it work better than the one you've already posted, or is it just for testing right now? i would hate if i had to respec :/ (level 54 atm)

The latest changes I made to my build were included in a update towards the bottom of my first post. I really need to polish up the guide and post new screenshots but I've been lazy.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    We may approach boss fights differently but I can speak for Pirate, Spider, Frozen in particular that I never take damage. Spellplague I tank adds so it would always be up then. Those are the only T2s I farm.

Yeah, our strats are just different. :)
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    seariouslyseariously Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you tell us what is the most effective race to play? and what ability scores you rolled in the beginning and what you feel is the best stats to roll for your DPS GF?
  • Options
    them1sterturtlethem1sterturtle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Timeless Hero BIS (best in slot)...but what about shield, 1H, necklace, rings, etc?

Also all enchants Teneb for offensive (what about plague fire)...what about defensive?
  • Options
    tarlockentarlocken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Timeless Hero BIS (best in slot)...but what about shield, 1H, necklace, rings, etc?

Also all enchants Teneb for offensive (what about plague fire)...what about defensive?
    offense = azure (now testing tenebrous)
    defense = radiant
    utility = dark
    weapon = greater plague
    armor = soulforged

offense will change soon when i finish my t2 set

Was as of three days ago, but I believe he has his T2 set now so that has likely changed.
  • Options
    leuwartleuwart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey supjeremiah,

first I want to thank you for your awesome job. I am starting to skill after your guide but i am little bit confused. For Example should I skill Griffon's Wrath?

Would you be so kind to reskill your abilities just in textform for us...how would be the optimal allocation of your power-/feat- and skillpoints.

Currently my build would be like this:

Powers

3/3 Cleave
    3/3 Tide of Iron
    3/3 Lunging Strike
    3/3 Villain's Menace
    3/3 Shield Talent
    3/3 Enforced Threat
    0/3 Griffon's Wrath
    3/3 Fighter's Recovery
    3/3 Terrifying Impact
    0/3 Knee Breaker
    3/3 Enhanced Mark
    3/3 Guarded Assault
    3/3 Knight's Challenge (Optional)
    3/3 Combat Superiority
    3/3 Frontline Surge
    3/3 Ferocious Reaction
    0/3 Anvil of Doom
    3/3 Threatening Rush
    3/3 Into the Fray
    0/3 Supremacy of Steel
    3/3 Bull Charge
    0/3 Iron Warrior
    0/3 Knight's Valor
    3/3 Indomitable Strength

Feats

3/3 Strength Focus
    3/3 Toughness
    3/3 Armor Specialization
    3/3 Shielded Resurgence
    3/3 Armor Specialization
    5/5 Powerful Attack
    3/3 Grit (human bonus feats)
    3/3 Weapon Mastery

Paragon

Conqueror

5/5 Take Measure
    5/5 Wrathful Warrior
    5/5 Cruel Cut Style (Do you still use Cleave when you have Threatening Rush?)
    5/5 Tactical Superiority
    5/5 Menacing Impact (Optional)
    1/1 Reckless Attacker

Tactician

5/5 Fight On

Greetings,
    Leuwart
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    leuwart wrote: »
    Hey supjeremiah,

first I want to thank you for your awesome job. I am starting to skill after your guide but i am little bit confused. For Example should I skill Griffon's Wrath?

Would you be so kind to reskill your abilities just in textform for us...how would be the optimal allocation of your power-/feat- and skillpoints.

Currently my build would be like this:

Powers

3/3 Cleave
    3/3 Tide of Iron
    3/3 Lunging Strike
    3/3 Villain's Menace
    3/3 Shield Talent
    3/3 Enforced Threat
    0/3 Griffon's Wrath
    3/3 Fighter's Recovery
    3/3 Terrifying Impact
    0/3 Knee Breaker
    3/3 Enhanced Mark
    3/3 Guarded Assault
    3/3 Knight's Challenge (Optional)
    3/3 Combat Superiority
    3/3 Frontline Surge
    3/3 Ferocious Reaction
    0/3 Anvil of Doom
    3/3 Threatening Rush
    3/3 Into the Fray
    0/3 Supremacy of Steel
    3/3 Bull Charge
    0/3 Iron Warrior
    0/3 Knight's Valor
    3/3 Indomitable Strength

Feats

3/3 Strength Focus
    3/3 Toughness
    3/3 Armor Specialization
    3/3 Shielded Resurgence
    3/3 Armor Specialization
    5/5 Powerful Attack
    3/3 Grit (human bonus feats)
    3/3 Weapon Mastery

Paragon

Conqueror

5/5 Take Measure
    5/5 Wrathful Warrior
    5/5 Cruel Cut Style (Do you still use Cleave when you have Threatening Rush?)
    5/5 Tactical Superiority
    5/5 Menacing Impact (Optional)
    1/1 Reckless Attacker

Tactician

5/5 Fight On

Greetings,
    Leuwart

You don't *need* to take Griffon's Wrath, but why not? After you get the essentials you have quite a few points left unspent. I have a few skills I never use maxed out as a "just in case."

For example, your 3/3 in Shield Talent is largely wasted in this spec because not only do you not have room to slot that passive, you wouldn't benefit much from it since a key success of this build is.. well, not blocking.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    planet29planet29 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @envy

ok <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about PvP unbalance blah blah going around I wanted to ask your opinion on rogues, now i'm not talking about the **** players that are evidently crud and easy to beat (whom are probably using some inefficient build) i'm talking about the players that use this build that gives them super damage absorption and damage dealing. I always avoid their initial attack and their cc attacks but it's like they can face tank everything i throw at them. I thought they were squishy? Is it all down to the timing of their 4 sec immunity because it seems beyond that. Plus even if i kit around constant knockback using BR,FS, and encounters they just spam with their ranged attacks which hurts like hell. How do you deal with hardcore rogues, (i'm pre 60 undergeared) does it change at 60 when geared up? how do you deal with them? You mentioned somewhere don't block if don't have to (only on their big attacks) but it seems their default attack is stronger than our default att in damage to our GF.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    We may approach boss fights differently but I can speak for Pirate, Spider, Frozen in particular that I never take damage. Spellplague I tank adds so it would always be up then. Those are the only T2s I farm.
    That's why you carry two sets. Bulwark and Timeless.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    planet29 wrote: »
    @envy

ok <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about PvP unbalance blah blah going around I wanted to ask your opinion on rogues, now i'm not talking about the **** players that are evidently crud and easy to beat (whom are probably using some inefficient build) i'm talking about the players that use this build that gives them super damage absorption and damage dealing. I always avoid their initial attack and their cc attacks but it's like they can face tank everything i throw at them. I thought they were squishy? Is it all down to the timing of their 4 sec immunity because it seems beyond that. Plus even if i kit around constant knockback using BR,FS, and encounters they just spam with their ranged attacks which hurts like hell. How do you deal with hardcore rogues, (i'm pre 60 undergeared) does it change at 60 when geared up? how do you deal with them? You mentioned somewhere don't block if don't have to (only on their big attacks) but it seems their default attack is stronger than our default att in damage to our GF.

As a Rogue start off with your ranged knife attack while stealthed. We'll more than likely block it and lose our guard meter. Then smokescreen and have a field day.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    svinjina1221svinjina1221 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a Rogue start off with your ranged knife attack while stealthed. We'll more than likely block it and lose our guard meter. Then smokescreen and have a field day.

I think he wants to know how to deal with TR
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think he wants to know how to deal with TR

Oh I misread I suppose. TR's are really easy. If you don't 2 shot them, use fighter's recovery and face tank them.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    odrzyja0odrzyja0 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    supjeremiah
    Dont you think that actually better is to take plate agility for deflect than improved vigor for extra action points below 50% hp ?
  • Options
    jeordyjeordy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me or does the tier 2 Armor sets like Timeless and Stalwart only require level 60 on chest and another slot, the gloves,boots and helm all require 36 iirc up to 52.

Is there any actual full level 60 sets out there or is the High General one a mix of levels also?.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jeordy wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the tier 2 Armor sets like Timeless and Stalwart only require level 60 on chest and another slot, the gloves,boots and helm all require 36 iirc up to 52.

Is there any actual full level 60 sets out there or is the High General one a mix of levels also?.

Stalwart is T1 and has lower level requirements. Timeless is T2 and requires level 60 for all pieces.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    odrzyja0 wrote: »
    supjeremiah
    Dont you think that actually better is to take plate agility for deflect than improved vigor for extra action points below 50% hp ?

I prefer the AP below 50% because it's a crazy good life saver.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    jinle0522jinle0522 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    planet29 wrote: »
    @envy

rogues are really easy pre-60. I don't know how it is at 60 because I am only lvl 56 doing pvp leveling.

Try not to let rogues open on you, blockit if you can. Eat the smoke screen.

lunging strike -> bull charge (there's no delay between those 2 skills or very little) -> threaten rush -> auto swing twice -> frontline surge -> threaten rush -> swing 2-3 times -> if you have indomitable strength up, use it -> lunging strike -> auto swing 2-3 times.

Block, kite him, repeat. Dead rogue.
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    hey supj, for new lvl 60 what would you recommand for starting set?timeless is just way to expensive for now and when you are in mostly underlvl green gear, well you cant farm for it lol.pvp would be the easiest to get but it seem pretty bad..no crit,no recovery,almost no power...on the broker there is some epic set that seem decent and are pretty cheap and would like to know if it worth buying them and wich one?should i just save my AD and go with pvp set and start doing dungeon with it after?
  • Options
    jeordyjeordy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stalwart is T1 and has lower level requirements. Timeless is T2 and requires level 60 for all pieces.

Aha what about Castle Never does that drop tier 3 sets? what would the bonuses be on those. Or would Tier 3 single items out weigh the crazy set bonuses of Timeless.
  • Options
    haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Curious to PW Devs, was/is this how the class was intended to be played?
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haagen76 wrote: »
    Curious to PW Devs, was/is this how the class was intended to be played?

I don't see why not. They gave them a damage tree for a reason. Obviously the tank class is usually thought of as low damage, high defense. But I've played several MMOs where the tank built tank class becomes obsolete as the meta evolves and has to respec to damage.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    hey supj, for new lvl 60 what would you recommand for starting set?timeless is just way to expensive for now and when you are in mostly underlvl green gear, well you cant farm for it lol.pvp would be the easiest to get but it seem pretty bad..no crit,no recovery,almost no power...on the broker there is some epic set that seem decent and are pretty cheap and would like to know if it worth buying them and wich one?should i just save my AD and go with pvp set and start doing dungeon with it after?

Spider helm
    Greywolf chest
    icefall gauntlets
    pvp boots

unicorn jewelry

Youtube Channel

• Options
    divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really wondering why it is that the Guardian glory gear is set up so defensively while the PvE gear has so much power... I was really hoping I wouldn't have to PvE for gear to PvP in.

Also, just figured I'd ask here... I seem to be getting this bug with Threatening Rush where it continually stops about a 5th of the way through the animation and then tries to start again, just spams itself over and over but never actually brings me to the target... that happen to any of you? It doesn't do it all the time, but I have lost quite a few kills because of it, rather annoying.
  • Options
    svinjina1221svinjina1221 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spider helm
    Greywolf chest
    icefall gauntlets

where do you get first three items? I know it has been asked a lot :(
  • Options
    skumbagduskskumbagdusk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    where do you get first three items? I know it has been asked a lot :(

Lair of the Spider Queen, Mad Wolf Den, and Frozen Heart.

Or check the AH, there's like 2 dozen of the chest and helm up at any one time(on Mindflayer)
  • Options
    dworidderdworidder Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    i've read most off the post on this guide :)
    but one thing is still missing....
    are there any caps?? and if so, what are they??
    that i mean for power, recovery, crit etc...
    and which one is now the right order...
    i've read 2/3 diffirents now.
    one says power is more important, other says crit,.........

thnx
  • Options
    danilo68danilo68 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    did you tested the knight captain set dps wise ? 60% more attack power looks really high to me .. even if the pieces arent giving much power you can still focus on power on jewellery.