test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The question!!!!!

Comments

• flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    I think the one mega server can proceed but its worth to consider excluding dragon, mindflayer, and the other one i forgot. Everyone who wants to start a new character at the mega server can do so. We should not be allowed to transfer our character to the new mega server. Whoever wants to remain in old server can do so. They wont be wiped so they shouldnt be angry.

That's a reasonable idea.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So at 51 voters you have
    41% would still pay
    12% would play but no longer pay
    35% would no longer play
    12% are undecided

This means that pwe would have a 47% reduction in paying customers assuming all that voted are willing to pay a little.
  • thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Condense the existing shards into 1 shard, then have two other shards for people who want a 'fresh' start.
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Use common sense, of course you would be refunded, just like they did during beta..................../faceplam x 50

lol no ****...
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    So at 51 voters you have
    41% would still pay
    35% would no longer play
    12% are undecided

This means that pwe would have a 47% reduction in paying customers assuming all that voted are willing to pay a little.

Thats a little over zealous imho.

It is also assuming that the entire 35% has already spent something.

I should of put in a 5th option, I don't care I play for free anyway.

Didn't think of it until after I posted 8- (.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think the one mega server can proceed but its worth to consider excluding dragon, mindflayer, and the other one i forgot. Everyone who wants to start a new character at the mega server can do so. We should not be allowed to transfer our character to the new mega server. Whoever wants to remain in old server can do so. They wont be wiped so they shouldnt be angry.
    While it's a really great idea and I don't want to knock it, one large problem I see with that is the people that want to start over on the mega server, but already invested alot of zen into 1 time unlocks on their current server characters. Instead of a mass refund it'd be alot more work of dealing with individual requests and the like. Other than that is a phenomenal idea
  • hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    So at 51 voters you have
    41% would still pay
    35% would no longer play
    12% are undecided

Thats why mu suggestion stands. Dont wipe the original server. Just create new server for official launch and new players, so they can have freah start and they wont land in our broken worlds.
  • thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    While it's a really great idea and I don't want to knock it, one large problem I see with that is the people that want to start over on the mega server, but already invested alot of zen into 1 time unlocks on their current server characters. Instead of a mass refund it'd be alot more work of dealing with individual requests and the like. Other than that is a phenomenal idea

But the people who spent all that Zen on a broken server can stay to it. Just like they would if there was no wipe. And they would quit if there was. So it has no affect.

this is from someone who has spent a reasonable amount of zen on the game.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats a little over zealous imho.

I should of put in a 5th option, I don't care I play for free anyway.

Didn't think of it until after I posted 8- (.

Yeah there is some assumptions but, I base assuming customers pay on my experience with ddo where it was a very very small percentage of long time players that spent no money at all.

Is it early in the poll results yes, but I've been watching the numbers and there have been no drastic change in the %'s since ten voters. There could be a big change yet but so far there is a small trend.

as for over zealous not sure what you mean about that, like I said it's a small sample size still is that what you mean?
  • hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

If you want to start over in the new mega server, then you have to be willing leaving everything behind. Unless they keep track of it somehow, account specific items, etc. but that's the risk and no one is requiring people to move.
    edited May 2013

Angering potential customers who may well want to spend money on your game -- but at their current level, see no point in doing so -- is never a good business strategy. Besides, you don't have to assume that all of that 35% has spent money: if you don't know how many have, you're taking a risk of losing actual paying customers, not just potential ones.

Besides, you're apparently ignoring the 12% who said they'll still play, but will no longer pay, as well as the 12% who are undecided & could easily swing either way. At this point, I can't see a wipe being a good idea for either PW or customers.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Angering potential customers who may well want to spend money on your game -- but at their current level, see no point in doing so -- is never a good business strategy. Besides, you don't have to assume that all of that 35% has spent money: if you don't know how many have, you're taking a risk of losing actual paying customers, not just potential ones.

Besides, you're apparently ignoring the 12% who said they'll still play, but will no longer pay, as well as the 12% who are undecided & could easily swing either way. At this point, I can't see a wipe being a good idea for either PW or customers.

But the 12% who would still play but not pay could be coaxed into paying something due to the wow factor of what ever is added into future cash shop itemization.

You know how it works, put the box of donuts out there and watch how many people walk past without at least even thinking of taking one.

I would consider the 12% who would play but not pay to be a safer beat then then those who wouldn't continue to play.

So you are still corning a potential 52%.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you want to start over in the new mega server, then you have to be willing leaving everything behind. Unless they keep track of it somehow, account specific items, etc. but that's the risk and no one is requiring people to move.
    I mean for me it's no contest, thankfully I saw all these issues before I made my first zen purchase, but I'm thinking for the people that plopped down alot of money on zen, or spend their founders AD on zen, they have a choice between giving up their investment, or staying on a broken server. Those people would be more insistent on an all out reset
  • akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Dear PWI,

- Reset your game PWI !
    - Take your time for check your game and fix it
    - Release your game

Thanks

PS : If you dont want, never mind. Have a nice day. Me i have another game to play. Enjoy my money
    edited May 2013
    I mean for me it's no contest, thankfully I saw all these issues before I made my first zen purchase, but I'm thinking for the people that plopped down alot of money on zen, or spend their founders AD on zen, they have a choice between giving up their investment, or staying on a broken server. Those people would be more insistent on an all out reset

I loved the game so much during closed beta that I plopped down the founders and then a following 80 bux after on Zen.

If I knew what I knew now, back then, lets just say, I would be 280 bux richer today.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The only reset I would accept is one where every single cent I paid in cash and every Astral Diamond I used were returned. I got to level 59 by legitimate means and I did not cheat to get my AD....I do not want to penalized for something *I* did not do.

DoH! Look at those numbers...you people who are calling for rest are microscopic.... a whopping 68 people care about this line of thought. Cool, Im good then.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game has so much potential. People LOVE The Forgotten Realms and D&D. The combat system is great. I just hate to see them half-*** the game right in the beginning !
    edited May 2013
    The only reset I would accept is one where every single cent I paid in cash and every Astral Diamond I used were returned. I got to level 59 by legitimate means and I did not cheat to get my AD....I do not want to penalized for something *I* did not do.

DoH! Look at those numbers...you people who are calling for rest are microscopic.... a whopping 68 people care about this line of thought. Cool, Im good then.

It is all relative, give the poll some time, say 7 days and I can bet that the numbers will be close to the same.

Once you start getting a pool of 400 - 500 people, you can bet that it won't change much.

I would like to see PW do an ingame poll request upon logging in about wether or not people would agree with a server wipe to correct all these exploits.

Those are the results you would want to see.
    edited May 2013
    But the 12% who would still play but not pay could be coaxed into paying something due to the wow factor of what ever is added into future cash shop itemization.

Maybe so, maybe not. Not what I'd call a good risk on which to base one's business model.
    So you are still corning a potential 52%.

But you have no idea how long those people will continue to spend money, or how much they'll spend. Some unknown percentage may simply stop spending money, or even stop playing altogether, if the player base is reduced significantly because of a wipe. It's simply not a good idea, especially not when actually fixing the bugs & banning the exploiters is a MUCH better method of proving to current players & customers that you're serious about your job.

IMO, a full-blown wipe is evidence of either laziness, or an admission that their code is so screwed up that wiping the playerbase is the only possible solution. Either of those points to sheer incompetence, which isn't a good selling point for anyone. It's one thing if you KNOW, before you begin playing, that an eventual wipe will occur. It's entirely ANOTHER thing to begin playing, be told there isn't going to be a wipe, & then have your characters wiped away because of something someone else did to exploit shoddy code. The former is proper industry management, the latter is unprofessional.

Would you seriously continue playing & paying for a game produced by a shoddy, unprofessional company? If so, can you come out to California & buy this perfectly wonderful bridge I have for sale?
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Maybe so, maybe not. Not what I'd call a good risk on which to base one's business model.

But you have no idea how long those people will continue to spend money, or how much they'll spend. Some unknown percentage may simply stop spending money, or even stop playing altogether, if the player base is reduced significantly because of a wipe. It's simply not a good idea, especially not when actually fixing the bugs & banning the exploiters is a MUCH better method of proving to current players & customers that you're serious about your job.

IMO, a full-blown wipe is evidence of either laziness, or an admission that their code is so screwed up that wiping the playerbase is the only possible solution. Either of those points to sheer incompetence, which isn't a good selling point for anyone. It's one thing if you KNOW, before you begin playing, that an eventual wipe will occur. It's entirely ANOTHER thing to begin playing, be told there isn't going to be a wipe, & then have your characters wiped away because of something someone else did to exploit shoddy code. The former is proper industry management, the latter is unprofessional.

Would you seriously continue playing & paying for a game produced by a shoddy, unprofessional company? If so, can you come out to California & buy this perfectly wonderful bridge I have for sale?

Thats the risk a company takes when making a cash shop based game, it is purely a gamble.

The thing that PW did here was they put far too much reliability on the requirement for gaining standard features like bags, respecing etc on the cash shop. I won't go in to how the cash shop fails us especially when you start making alts (1000 per bag, umm alts anyone?) and you will find barely anyone respending that same cash again very often on alts.

Anyways, getting off topic.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As stated in STO, PWE/Cryptic considers exploiting game mechanics to gain, in that case Dilithium, to be theft, and a large number of accounts were banned as a result. Other accounts that abused the mechanic to a lesser extent, were warned that they were treading on thin ice, but ultimately the game was allowed to continue as though nothing had happened.

Be sure that PWE/Cryptic is aware of exactly who was exploiting what for profit, and action will be taken, however they are unlikely to broadcast it to the masses, it is not our business.

Not to mention, it is better for them to do nothing in a great many cases, for one thing, it has populated the market and given a kickstart to the economy, yes it may look unstable at the moment, but that will settle down as things stabilize, every enchantment that gets upgraded, every rune that gets fused, withdraws a little more from the market. The reason that people got rich quick, is less about the flood of AD, after all, the AD didn't appear out of thin air, it came mostly from the founders, without whom, we'd all be struggling to make our 24k per day.

For a large part of the early months of this year, the zen price in star trek online, was approximately 270AD:1Z (based on a refineable amount of AD being 3 times that of Dil), this only started going back up in the last couple of months, mostly after certain exploits became widely known. When zen prices are cheap, people tend to buy with in-game currency, when zen goes up, more and more turn to real money. For now, zen is still high enough that people would rather spend real money in order to buy it, and translate that into AD, and with some of the things in game, such as 3rd tier horse training, costing over 2million AD, I can hardly blame them, hmmm let me see now, t1 horse costs 5g, t2 book is 700kAD, t3 book is 2milAD, that's 2.7million AD, or, about 7000 zen based on current exchange rates. I could buy a t3 pony for less..

People need to stop freaking out about things that will settle in the longer term, and focus more on things that are much more important to the game, such as the bugs that make gameplay a total mess in places..

If PWE/Cryptic made a mistake at all, it has been to tie the Auction House, to the real money exchange. If the AH had been gold based instead, many of these problems could have been avoided entirely.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • solacefflsolaceffl Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would probably just quit, only because I'm too lazy to re-level.
  • sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably will just quit, lazy to do all the quests again, and i would lost alot of zen stuff too so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    This character wipe nonsense is just people obsessing over what other people do. Nothing more. I suppose these guys have never played a F2P game before but this is just the beginning.

Holding on to some misguided hope that they will erase everyone's character because of a few hall monitors is laughable.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have to be a special kind of stupid to think this would be good for the game. There is no singular thing they could do that would cause more damage and cost them more money than to wipe.

I think it must be trolling sometimes because how could anyone be this colossally dumb? Even the smallest amount of thought should tell anyone how utterly idiotic this idea is. If so, well played. If not, LOL.
    edited May 2013
    gohlar wrote: »
    This character wipe nonsense is just people obsessing over what other people do. Nothing more. I suppose these guys have never played a F2P game before but this is just the beginning.

Holding on to some misguided hope that they will erase everyone's character because of a few hall monitors is laughable.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have to be a special kind of stupid to think this would be good for the game. There is no singular thing they could do that would cause more damage and cost them more money than to wipe.

I think it must be trolling sometimes because how could anyone be this colossally dumb? Even the smallest amount of thought should tell anyone how utterly idiotic this idea is. If so, well played. If not, LOL.

Interesting outlook, do you share this outlook in life in general or just on the internet?
    edited May 2013
    Keep the votes coming in.
  • gigplaygigplay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The question is: how would a wipe prevent the same thing from happening all over again? Unless of course, you were talking about doing a bug fix AND THEN doing a full wipe afterwards. But even then a full wipe would be too extreme. It would be better to just fix the bugs and then let things settle down and re-stabilize... but then again I don't see that happening so the term "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" comes to mind.
    edited May 2013
    Thats the risk a company takes when making a cash shop based game, it is purely a gamble

That's true, but you don't compound that gamble by taking an even bigger gamble. At this point, a full character wipe would be a much bigger gamble.

Instead, you do what a PROFESSIONAL company does: squash the bugs. Since PW claims this is "open beta," they don't even need to punish the exploiters; just squash the bugs. But you don't simply burn your legit players along with the exploiters, unless & until that's simply the only alternative left -- & I'm not seeing any indication they've run into that corner.

In short, I think the call for full server wipes is very badly premature.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather they just ban the exploiters. My highest character is only 23 so I suppose starting over wouldn't be to heinous, but if I had a max level character I might quit over it.
  • kjempffkjempff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploits are out of control. One thing is fast levelling, but it is much more serious to one-shot bosses and mass enomous riches.
    I am not certain whether overflowing marked with purple gear is a bad thing for the item shop or a good thing.
    But in any case it undermines the goodwill you have right now and probably will lead to people quitting due to unfair competition settings.

People who used foundry levelling exploits are still not banned, so why should I beleive one-shot exploiters and worse are going to. Fixes and a full wipe is at this point the only way you can regain my confidence.
    Stopped playing today, checking in soon to watch for news about the exploits, if nothing satisfactory is done .. byebye, there are plenty other games to pick.