test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The question!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wiping is the only way I will keep playing. Wipe it, fix it or give me my money back. If not this is fraud.
  • Options
    krnefraikrnefrai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't consider it a race to reach max level and end game gear, so I really don't care about the people that managed to hit 60 in a day and grab gear. All this means to me, is they will get bored REALLY quickly of the game. Do not punish my characters levels because some people are upset other players hit end game 'too fast'.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kjempff wrote: »
    Exploits are out of control. One thing is fast levelling, but it is much more serious to one-shot bosses and mass enomous riches.
    I am not certain whether overflowing marked with purple gear is a bad thing for the item shop or a good thing.
    But in any case it undermines the goodwill you have right now and probably will lead to people quitting due to unfair competition settings.

People who used foundry levelling exploits are still not banned, so why should I beleive one-shot exploiters and worse are going to. Fixes and a full wipe is at this point the only way you can regain my confidence.
    Stopped playing today, checking in soon to watch for news about the exploits, if nothing satisfactory is done .. byebye, there are plenty other games to pick.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. Which games would you recommend looking into? I haven't had much luck. I'd love to come back if/once it's fixed, but with the character wipe discussion thread over 90 pages with no dev response, it doesn't seem like anything is going to happen.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No to character wipe.

I got to 60 legit, Made the crappy amount of money i have legitimately and should not be punished for it.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Character wipe has always been one of the hardest things for a developer to do. It's definitely not decided easily. It is the sure way to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off many players and potential players at the same time. It's a no win situation and only used as a last resort, but I think in this case it's for the good for the overall health of the game. They can continue the path and the game will be destroyed in less than a year or they can correct their mistakes, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off a few thousand players and the game will live for many many years.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deleted post, wrong place to post this.
  • Options
    zeralf1zeralf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    i started playing cause i read that there will not be a char wipe. Legit players dont have to pay the mistakes of exploiters. Just find them and ban them.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Severe damage has already been done to the economy of the game tho.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Severe damage has already been done to the economy of the game tho.

People keep saying this, but when the exploits are fixed, the exploiters banned and their items removed from the market then the economy will stabilize.

The problem is that any bans, rollbacks or forcibly removing the items from the game now will just result in the exploiters creating new accounts and exploiting again.

It's best that Cryptic fix the exploits before doing anything about the exploiters.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    With the plethora of F2P games already on the market, some of which I already have high level characters and investment in, I would simply reroll another character in one of those games and save myself the hassle of a game that clearly only loves me for my wallet and spurns me whenever I don't give in to it's incessent nattering about 'buy this now, Now, NOW!'

The 'would you like to buy a rez scroll for Zen?' message at death, for even the tiny cost of 5 zen (1500AD) pretty much told me everything I needed to know about Neverwinter. I've ground my teeth for 49 levels about this absurdity, but a wipe guarantee's my exit.

That and the absurdly simple game play up until level 49, which is a grand total of 11 levels before max. Maybe I'd have missed something between 49 and 60, but with a wipe I won't care enough to find out.

EDIT:

This game barely made it to release. It will be very surprising if it survived a character wipe at this juncture, but if you use the 'it's a beta!' excuse often enough maybe you'll still end up with a few hundred regular players afterwards.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    buckfuddyukbuckfuddyuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what i think is, this game is kind of ruined now anyway, the only way back for this and for PWE to regain mine, and a lot of peoples confidence is a total reset and character wipe and a refund of all the zen that has been purchased, i for 1 was happy to spend a bit of my hard earned money on this game but its turned into a massive disappointment and until this is fixed i woulsnt spend a single cent and am seriously considering not spending another second either.
  • Options
    tytos02tytos02 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would recommend they take a page out of GW2's book if they don't want to wipe. GW2 actively searched and permanently banned all accounts of people who used exploits when the game first released, and actively worked to fix those exploits. They posted numerous warnings about it and dropped the ban hammer constantly when people got caught. Cleaned up the gold sellers and the exploiters real quick.

I haven't spent a dime on this game yet, and if they did a wipe I would remake my character. I've only gotten to 22 so far though.
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I would still play. If I loose a level or 2 from it so be it.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So having everything you've earned in the last two weeks would actually validate your decision to give them real money to make your leveling experience faster.

Logic. This forum has none.

Oh no someone got an advantage that you could still take advantage of if you decided to but you don't wanna so take it away from those that used the advantage. If that's your stance, delete the cash store. Your white knighting means nothing to me, that it's somehow unethical to use this companies mistakes against them. You can even feel justified exploiting against a company that's blatantly exploiting the end user. As long as you keep buying widgets and horses and wards, so f'ing what? They get theirs, exploiters get theirs, and the white knights and haters get nothing except forum laughs.

Unless you people want to admit that you're just super pissed that F2P people managed to get more out of Neverwinter than you. Either that, or ball up and exploit yourself and earn that phat loot. Kind of like how everyone rolls need on every piece of gear. It's the same idea. Be a jerk, be completely self absorbed, give no one a break. This is F2P, it's cut throat.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am perfectly willing to reset, game is broken right now. Very sad.

Same here. Sad about it, but I think it has to be done.
  • Options
    krnefraikrnefrai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand the mind set of thinking a reset is going to 'fix the game'. Other people power leveling to the end of the game doesn't affect my game any. I'm perfectly happy with my characters and what I have acquired so far...how is resetting the server going to make 'your' game any better? If Cryptic wants to take an active stance, ban the exploiters, or knock them back to level one and take their gear, I don't care....but leave my characters alone. They promised no wipe, and they need to stick to that. If they wipe at this point, many, many people who are legit players will just leave - and those power levelers you hate so much? They will stay and find a new exploit and get all their stuff back however they can anyway. A wipe hurts and frustrates the legit players. Some of us work and can't play all the time, and take our time leveling and building our characters. For those of us playing the game as intended and questing taking our time to enjoy the path to end game, a wipe would be an extreme frustration. Especially those of us that wanted to support the game, and paid for a guardian/higher founders pack.

Consider the time yo have spent to get things like Ardent coins, that you only get once a day. All the runestones you have been fusing to higher levels, professions you have leveled. These are all time consuming, with no way around it, as they are real-world timers. And you want all that wiped? Soooo many people would throw up their hands and x this game out of their list. Wipe your game, leave mine alone.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Facing the facts I highly doubt PWI/Cryptic is gonna do a clean wipe of the game. Too many ppl are gonna QQ esp those who spend hundreds of dollars trying their hand on the nightmare lockbox and the various "chance" based feature of this game.
  • Options
    tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd be all for it, the exploit clearly affected the economy. Seriously if people want to complain about losing 2 weeks worth of progress, let them leave. I'd rather play in a stable environment and have it count, rather than a corrupt and screwed economy.
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, just the exploiters need to be handled on case by case basis.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    No, just the exploiters need to be handled on case by case basis.

This. If they wiped i'd be gone, and demand all my money spent on zen back. I never exploited, but i put time, effort and care into a character. Even though i paid for HotN, i'd probably never look back because i'd never be able to feel like any character i put time into would matter, as it could be wiped because some idiots feel the need to exploit in a game.
  • Options
    tek83tek83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    This. If they wiped i'd be gone, and demand all my money spent on zen back. I never exploited, but i put time, effort and care into a character. Even though i paid for HotN, i'd probably never look back because i'd never be able to feel like any character i put time into would matter, as it could be wiped because some idiots feel the need to exploit in a game.

It's 2 weeks. If it were more, I'd understand your concern. Really, if you put THAT much time, effort, and care into a character for two weeks, maybe you need to reconsider what you're doing in life. It's open beta anyway (yes, I know it's more of a "soft release"), they've already stated that in the event that there is a wipe, it's not like you're going to lose the money you put into it. They will give you everything you've put into it (monetarily).
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tek83 wrote: »
    they've already stated that in the event that there is a wipe, it's not like you're going to lose the money you put into it. They will give you everything you've put into it (monetarily).

Where exactly have they stated this, please?

Edit: Aha, I see. And thanks for answering! :)

The posts are kinda vague, and old, though. But I suppose it's all good.

I just don't feel like making a big to-do about it. ^_^

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    midoritlmidoritl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd prefer if they simply let people keep their levels. If economy is broken, then fix that part. Levels have little to do with that.

For economy, then go for a full bank/inventory/AH wipe (leave people the gear they have on possibly). The main issue is they cannot wipe Zen or AD since some people have used real money to get it and it'd be hard to tell how much anyone should have. So if those exploits have been converted to AD/Zen already, then it'll make it hard to catch the exploiters. Until the bugs/exploits are all fixed though, there's little point doing any of this.

But ultimately, PW will do what favors their bottom line the most and I'm not sure a wipe would do them any good. If there's inflation, many people may be tempted to use Zen to make up what they no longer can earn fast enough in game. It may mean more revenues for PW. If they do a wipe, the up-side is a more balanced economy long-term but almost a guaranteed loss of customers short-term and possibly long term as well with the trust that wipes would not happen again severely damaged.

One other solution would be to promote stat/gear inflation to make those drops acquired by exploiters worthless. If the new gear that drops in the epic dungeons is much better than the stuff the exploiters hoarded, then it will not sell any more (or at a much lower price). And PR-wise, they can argument that they've just improved the drop quality on the top tier gear in response to customer demand. Much better than a messy wipe and only affects a very small portion of the gaming population.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There should be another option at the poll for people like me who don't plan on spending RL money and may quit game completley if there is no wipe or new server.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably not, I have already leveled my wizard up to level 60 once, not feeling like doing it again, and I would expect a full refund of the 14k+ zen I have put in already.

None of it from auction sales btw; 10,000+ from completing offers from the Earn Zen/Peanut labs and $40+ of my own money.
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    I am not going to scream "wipe the servers" even though I voted yes I would still play. Rather I would like for other companies and even PWE themselves to see what happens when you jump into a non-wipe "beta" (Anything that isn't going to be wiped isn't a beta, but I digress) for the sole benefit of opening a cash shop a few weeks early. Most P2P games open betas only lasted 2-4 weeks. In that time these kinds of issues as well as server issues popped up and were corrected before launch. People will argue that it is because those games were sub based and they needed to have the bugs squashed before charging people. IMO the same applies here. Not everyone has paid into this game, but some people have (and a lot more than what $15 a month would have cost them at this stage). Should they not expect the same kind of launch and customer service that subscription based games customers get? With all of that said. This doesn't affect me at all. I have 1 RL friend that plays this game too. Either we duo or I play solo. I pop into groups for the dungeon daily and the skirmish daily and that is it. I don't buy/sell from the auction house. I came here to play D&D not WoW.
  • Options
    thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are you so set on having characters wiped? CALM DOWN. Exploiters are bad, they should be banned, sure. Why take the situation WAY out of hand and wipe all characters? It's like saying "Oh no, someone stole bread from my neighbors house, lets go kill everyone in the entire world."
  • Options
    lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I'd keep playing, but they shouldn't do a reset.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thehadriel wrote: »
    Why are you so set on having characters wiped? CALM DOWN. Exploiters are bad, they should be banned, sure. Why take the situation WAY out of hand and wipe all characters? It's like saying "Oh no, someone stole bread from my neighbors house, lets go kill everyone in the entire world."

You must not realize the effect it has on the economy. It's more like saying, "Hey, that guy figured out how to make pure gold from water. Wow, all that time I was mining for it, now the market is inflated with it and it makes my gold pretty worthless since it's so common."