What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The question!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is the simple fact that they have not said one single thing about what they intend to do/about said people whom have abused the exploits.

The silence is what saddens me most.
    It's as if they think looking away will fix the problem.
    We should all just put our heads in the sand.
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    No, in this game with the Foundry I intend to never play the same mish twice. I did the same with the original Neverwinter, just made one character and ran him through every mish and mod I could find.
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Would you still play if there was a reset to clear the issues the game has allowed to run rampant and put the game in to its current state?

Is your 24 to 48 hours of total game played time in game worth more to you then the 5+ years this game has been in developement while the game designers have spent all that time, effort and imagination into this?

For me, it is a yes, I would still play if there was some kind of light at the end of the tunnel in regards to playing a fixed game that the game designers invisioned.

Will I still play if the current state of the game is left unchecked? No, I will quit tomorrow if thats the case and I would be willing to bet thousands more would too.

Anyways, vote away.

If he sells the ZEN for real money then he's committed at least one E class felony wire theft charge. (enforceable in most countries) And even if he doesn't, because of the blurring of real and game money here, my guess is the IRS already knows his name. Fear not for justice.
  • Options
    thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gifmike wrote: »
    If he sells the ZEN for real money then he's committed at least one E class felony wire theft charge. (enforceable in most countries) And even if he doesn't, because of the blurring of real and game money here, my guess is the IRS already knows his name. Fear not for justice.

He's selling the AD. You can't sell ZEN straight up.
    And no, that's not enforceable in any countries, no more than cheating in a game of monopoly would be.
  • Options
    oldwaysreturnoldwaysreturn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25
    edited May 2013
    He's selling the AD. You can't sell ZEN straight up.
    And no, that's not enforceable in any countries, no more than cheating in a game of monopoly would be.

If the IRS really wanted to make an example of him then yes they could.
    AD = Zen
    Selling AD for money
    Get the connection. I can also bet he will not claim it on his income tax at the end of the year which they will be interested in and that is considered a felony offense.
    They wont do it but with all the controversy over games past few years do not think that they will not/wont ever decide to actually make an example of someone.
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally I voted I'd need to sleep on it, but after looking into things in a little more detail I have to agree. What needs to be done is indeed a full wipe and to refund people's Zen that they have paid for and spent in game.

Of course this won't happen for many reasons, but one I can see causing a problem is the head start founders paid for. This should have been saved for launch like most games. Everyone gets to play during the Open Beta, then it gates taken down for 2 weeks, fixed up right and then the Founders get there 5 day head start while the rest of us have to wait it out to get back in. But the $$$ seemed to be blocking Cryptic/PWE's view with this one. They wanted as many people in as soon as possible all spending money in the Z-Store, so they put it in during their "Open Beta". If things were done right and we had an Open Beta with a Z-Store refund at the end of it, and the Founders head start beginning when it really should have done. A wipe around now would be no big deal. It'd be done and we'd all move on.

If this was a proper Open Beta there would be no debate on this matter at all, and nobody would (with any real justification) be upset about it. Sadly it's not, it was a poor excuse for launching an incomplete game still riddled with bugs, simple to try and cash in.

Cryptic should treat this as an actual Beta and simply do a reset. It's needed, no matter how much time people have put in so far. I've put time in, I'm running Epic dungeons, doesn't change the fact it's needed right now.
  • Options
    shanxtadeushanxtadeu Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    daxx360 wrote: »
    Cryptic should treat this as an actual Beta and simply do a reset. It's needed, no matter how much time people have put in so far. I've put time in, I'm running Epic dungeons, doesn't change the fact it's needed right now.

... ... ...
  • Options
    langstonmellangstonmel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to vote No, because there wasn't a "Yes if I had a complete refund (in Zen or money refund, either) of all money spent".
  • Options
    zephyrlizephyrli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWI game was broken in this way with a few complete and utterly monumental ****ups with updates that meant item cost DOUBLED overnight at one point through cash shop exploitation. Bottom line is, PWE care only about money and dont give a **** about the players. I didn't realise exploiting had gone this far!!!! i voted NO but after seeing that pic I'm of half a mind to vote yes. Managed to hit level 52 in about 8-9 days...pain in the *** to do all over again but not like its months of levelling and equipment down the drain either. where there's an exploit there will be an ******* to take advantage.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Originally I voted I'd need to sleep on it, but after looking into things in a little more detail I have to agree. What needs to be done is indeed a full wipe and to refund people's Zen that they have paid for and spent in game.

Of course this won't happen for many reasons, but one I can see causing a problem is the head start founders paid for. This should have been saved for launch like most games. Everyone gets to play during the Open Beta, then it gates taken down for 2 weeks, fixed up right and then the Founders get there 5 day head start while the rest of us have to wait it out to get back in. But the $$$ seemed to be blocking Cryptic/PWE's view with this one. They wanted as many people in as soon as possible all spending money in the Z-Store, so they put it in during their "Open Beta". If things were done right and we had an Open Beta with a Z-Store refund at the end of it, and the Founders head start beginning when it really should have done. A wipe around now would be no big deal. It'd be done and we'd all move on.

If this was a proper Open Beta there would be no debate on this matter at all, and nobody would (with any real justification) be upset about it. Sadly it's not, it was a poor excuse for launching an incomplete game still riddled with bugs, simple to try and cash in.

Just because you say so?

Just because your time has no value you can say the same from mine, you know?

Once you're so wise do you mind tell us why a simple ban and items removal shouldn't be enough to stabilize the market?
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

They could very easily still give Founders a headstart, pull the server down for a week or 2 to work on some of the major changes that need to be done, like the trinity actually being needed for dungeons, then have the "true" release, no more open beta. Give the Founders their headstart, then let the masses go wild again. These couple weeks should have given Cryptic more than enough metrics to iron out the really big things, and it solves the economy problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shanxtadeu wrote: »
    just because you say so?

No because they continually claim it is in fact in the "Open Beta" stage of development. And when exploits such as these are discovered to have had such a detrimental effect on the game world it is what is done. Not because I say so, but because it's what's done in this type of situation. Do you feel it's too much, asking a company to treat their "Open Beta" like a beta and react accordingly?

People have been throwing around "It's only an Open Beta" to justify any and all issues with the game in it's current state. Fair enough. While a game is in the Beta stages of it's development wipe due to circumstances like this are common place. Not my opinion my friend, that's a plain and simple fact.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    They could very easily still give Founders a headstart, pull the server down for a week or 2 to work on some of the major changes that need to be done, like the trinity actually being needed for dungeons, then have the "true" release, no more open beta. Give the Founders their headstart, then let the masses go wild again. These couple weeks should have given Cryptic more than enough metrics to iron out the really big things, and it solves the economy problem.

Or give Founders something else to compensate for the lack of a head start. I would be fine with that. I don't really want to upset anyone because they can't enjoy their hobby. I am sure most people feel that way, although after how heavily this game was exploited... I am not too sure.
  • Options
    garamel1garamel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really dont know, but 90% i will stop play, because I hate games where is too much exploits and guys who use that ruined the game
  • Options
    dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do a full wipe, those who bought HotN and similar packages should be able to get their initial AD allotments back. It's only fair. We should not lose them due to other people's bad behavior.
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Once you're so wise do you mind tell us why a simple ban and items removal shouldn't be enough to stabilize the market?

Because the economy of the game has already been screwed up by this. Many of the items have already been sold to other people who have obtained their AD legitimately and purchased these from the AH. Or are you saying these people should be stripped of the items they have obtain legitimately as well?
    jmerithew wrote: »

I would be very much up for something like this. It would be an annoyance not being able to play for a few weeks, but there's plenty of other things to do with our spare time while we wait. And I do believe them fixing these issues and putting out a game of higher quality would only do it good.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Because the economy of the game has already been screwed up by this. Many of the items have already been sold to other people who have obtained their AD legitimately and purchased these from the AH. Or are you saying these people should be stripped of the items they have obtain legitimately as well?

I would be very much up for something like this. It would be an annoyance not being able to play for a few weeks, but there's plenty of other things to do with our spare time while we wait. And I do believe them fixing these issues and putting out a game of higher quality would only do it good.
    Yeah, I think we haven't seen the last big influx of players yet. Alot of people were holding off because of the "Open Beta" thing, even though there was going to be no wipes. I'm sure most of those people have been hearing from friends about what's going on and are probably unsure about jumping in once the official launch hits. A reset and a big relaunch would be a great show of intergrity, and really prove to alot of people that Cryptic wants to make this the best game they can.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

My bad ... my previous post wasn't clear enough. I didn't said to remove the items obtained by exploitable mechanics bought legitimately by honest players, but to remove the ones on the market. That should help to stabilize market, after ban those greedy exploiters. I just don't wanna see my time wasted here... sure, i reach 60 after 3 weeks, but for me is a lot of time once i work 12 hours per day. =\
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Personnally, I dont care either way. I am not a exploit player, never have been, never will be. I play video games for a whole nother reason then I guess most. I pay simply to play, not to get rich, or win every prize or even be the biggest or baddest.. I just like imersing in a game that makes me think, and act on que to win or lose in a make believe battle. In a word I simply don't care either way. Once bored with a game I simply move on to another.
    As it stands there are not that many good games on the market..but I hear rift is going F2P...I may go see if my toons are still there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My bad ... my previous post wasn't clear enough. I didn't said to remove the items obtained by exploitable mechanics bought legitimately by honest players, but to remove the ones on the market. That should help to stabilize market, after ban those greedy exploiters. I just don't wanna see my time wasted here... sure, i reach 60 after 3 weeks, but for me is a lot of time once i work 12 hours per day. =\

I can get that. It's the same reason I didn't like the idea of it at first. But considering how much damage has already been done. I'd much rather have to re-level my character again from scratch, even with all the effort I've put in already, if it means rectifying the damage that's already been caused. Sure banning the exploiters should happen, the sooner the better. And removing the items gained through exploits from the current market would be a start. But those things will only prevent the problem going on any longer. It does nothing to rectify the damage already caused.

Again this seems to me like a few people ruining things for the rest of us. But this is the internet, a place where people are free to be arseholes it seems.
  • Options
    kneehighsyaaaakneehighsyaaaa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is more buggy and has more exploits than a private wow server coded by a group of Russian college kids. It needs a hard data wipe and these exploits should be fixed before the wipe. Anything less is just a pretty big sign that this company doesn't give two ****s about how their community acts. Kind've sad.
    Gza the Genius - Elf Guardian Fighter
    the Rza - dog companion

Mindflayer
  • Options
    wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Is your 24 to 48 hours of total game played time in game worth more to you then the 5+ years this game has been in developement while the game designers have spent all that time, effort and imagination into this?

I voted no.

if the reset was for 'this' that you posted about, that is just silly - there are plenty of other ways to fix the issues, and also, is the economy really 'broken'? more broken than every new hero pack founder starting up with 2M AD? I'd say more research needs to be done before we cry out 'broken'.

How deep does this go? are there like 40% of the server with inventories like the one in your shot? or is it like .00004% big difference there.

Even if there were 40% with that kind of inventories.. does it end up 'breaking' the game? PvP, probably an easy yes, but for PvE it's a more difficult question. If you are playing 'I have more than you,' and if you are, that's really just 'PvP' so back to 'yes' - the thing is 'most' players are not playing a 'I have more than you' game when they play these (or at least not very aggressively ) so.. is it broke for them? more research.

Also, what OTHER solutions are there?

would it be viable, to put NEW loot tables in the boss battles? increase boss difficulty to meet the new gear requirements and add that to the progression? A lot of work for the Dev's for sure, but that could be something that they do for 'release', this 'de-values' all that 'l33t' gear, and if you got it legit, good for you! but now there is MORE - that's coming anyway,might as well do it at release, instead of next expansion -

anyway, that's one suggestion, that is much less intrusive than a 'wipe'. Especially after the 'no wipes after the 25th of April' advertising that they did, that got many of us to buy founders packs.

if they 'wipe' do they then do a 'founders headstart' program again? if they do, will people that took work off for the release, be able to again?

anyway, it get's messy - so that's why I answered 'no' for 'this' issue,that so far, for me, hasn't even BEEN an issue, there is no way I'd tollarate a 're-set' - for something else, if it really was 'game breaking' ya, I love the game, and have far more than the 24-48 hours game time you suggest invested in it. so ya, I'd keep playing... but not over this... they reset for this, I'm out - and I'd like some of my cash back too. (lets assume that I already know that's not going to happen to avoid anyone feeling the need to respond to that comment of mine. :-P )

good poll, but ya, it looks like there is a large percentage of folks that feel the same way I do.

Enjoy.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zenraijzenraij Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is more buggy and has more exploits than a private wow server coded by a group of Russian college kids. It needs a hard data wipe and these exploits should be fixed before the wipe. Anything less is just a pretty big sign that this company doesn't give two ****s about how their community acts. Kind've sad.

Thats why its an open beta; Quick in before "But I pay for stuff" doesnt negate the revision number we are playing. People can pay / opt in (MoP beta, year contract + D3 for example) to get into betas.

As for that example? I have played on early versions of Vanilla wow private servers; this game is a lot more stable.

Two things though I would like to say.

I have spent a lot of time in this game. My characters and my experiences are valuable as is my time. If there is NO other alternative to fix issues other than a wipe; then as long as I still have access to paid for stuff, then by all means do it. But it should only be as a last resort.

If I told you that the only way to fix the issues is by doing a wipe, you, who is also part of the community and has a vested interest in this game should be ok with that. But from what I am reading they ARENT planning on doing that because ultimately it probably wont come to it.

If you think it absolutely requires it, you do not have all the facts or the data. If you leave because developers looked at the issue and it was the only option, then leave. Go invest your valuable time else where. I enjoy this game and want it to function accordingly and will step out of the way to let the developers do what they need to do without ranting about it.
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    Only -if- I was refunded all of the money I spent on the game minus my founders package.

Which that reason is why they won't ever do it.

I'd prefer them to just ban those who've obviously exploited.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do a full wipe, those who bought HotN and similar packages should be able to get their initial AD allotments back. It's only fair. We should not lose them due to other people's bad behavior.
    Absolutely correct. What ever you spent money for should be put back in your coffers. That is totally reasonable.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I absolutely support the idea of a full-character wipe. There's no reason to let things continue as they had. I'd love to see PW post their thoughts on this - granted, that 30% of whiners claiming they wouldn't play after a wipe will no doubt put them in a position to do nothing other than acquiesce to their wishes, but maybe, just maybe, that 40% means a little more ;D
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »
    I absolutely support the idea of a full-character wipe. There's no reason to let things continue as they had. I'd love to see PW post their thoughts on this - granted, that 30% of whiners claiming they wouldn't play after a wipe will no doubt put them in a position to do nothing other than acquiesce to their wishes, but maybe, just maybe, that 40% means a little more ;D

So we're whiners because we don't want dozens of hours of our time to count for nothing as we were told no wipes? Call me a whiner then. They already got a bunch of my money but a wipe would definitely be cause for having me asking for a refund. Too bad that means I'd more than likely be out what I spent on Zen.
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »

Okay, so we solve this exploit with a wipe. What about the next exploit? And the one after that? And... so on.

It will be difficult to get anywhere in the game if there are wipes every time there is an exploit.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    Okay, so we solve this exploit with a wipe. What about the next exploit? And the one after that? And... so on.

It will be difficult to get anywhere in the game if there are wipes every time there is an exploit.

The game, as I understand it, is in open beta (you can argue "soft launch" if you want, but it won't change anything); this means that, even though the playerbase was told no wipes, when several factors are contributing to a detrimental hit to the in-game economy (Foundry farm, One-shot bosses, PvP afk, etc.), it'd be in the best interest of the game IMO to run a wipe. Had the game ACTUALLY launched, as did Defiance with a host of issues and exploits, a wipe would be inconceivable, and a rollback inevitable. Regretting a loss in progress doesn't make you a whiner, and it was wrong of me to word it that way - I simply meant that if you bothered to invest that much time and money into the game, I'd imagine you'd have no problem supporting the well-being of the game itself, regardless of what measures were taken to land it there. All apologies.
  • Options
    chr1s003chr1s003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would continue to play as long as all the money i spent so far is refunded or remained on my new Character