test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reason why exploits exist

darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
inb4 mod comes and tells me to shut up or locks thread. I just want to give up reasons why game is going to fall apart at current rate.

What cryptic is currently doing is WORST kind of development cycle. They deploy fixes/patch/improvements, test internally, then release it. With that sort of style you are 100% sure to run into exploits like:
-guardian fighter one shot
-foundry fast xp
-graveyard quest
-wziard dc'ing people
-afking in pvp to gain fast glory

And we are only 2 weeks from start :) If PWE wasnt so badly up to taking money from our wallets, we could had proper open beta test WITH wipe, or at least closed but for larger time and on larger scale ( obviously closed beta was mostly to create hype, test server stabilities, and very common issues - NOT BUGS).

People arent THAT dumb. We can see whats going on really with this game and management of it. Lot of folks already feel that other people (like 10% of server population) had unfair advantage. How are you going to handle it?
We know issues wont be adressed besides fixing them in future patches.

Dont get me wrong but there is a reason why blizzard have public/private test servers where people can find exploits and report them.

People would love to do your testing for you if:
-you awarded it
-there was easy and clear way to report bugs from game and KNOW they are seen by someone.

Currently economy is completely broken and it is major problem with game.
Post edited by darkwingz88 on

Comments

• Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many assumptions and assertions I don't know where to start... your intent is good, your reasoning is flawed.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploits exist cause some people will try to Game the system no matter how good it is.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Exploits exist due to bugs in the code not working properly with other parts of the code.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    i wish they remove pvp system. and keep as a regular D&D game only work togther in pve
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Exploits exist cause some people will try to Game the system no matter how good it is.

You forgot a ''t'' in your forum name, it doesn't add up to your signature name.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here we go another doom and gloom topic. Every MMO that has come out has had exploit issues. You think this is the only one that has.
  • Options
    dezmerdezmer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Exploits exist due to bugs in the code not working properly with other parts of the code.

Hmmm, you could be onto something. *strokes beard*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    So many assumptions and assertions I don't know where to start... your intent is good, your reasoning is flawed.

If you have something to say in discussion but only says "you know nothing, i know better but im not going to tell you since herp a derp derp" then just go away.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezmer wrote: »
    Hmmm, you could be onto something. *strokes beard*

Nah that was just me having a stroke, its actually just Cryptic making us have to buy Zen right?
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you forgot to mention how the server instability on day 1 was fixed almost immediately but other game breaking exploits/bugs they are taking there time to iron out. obviously as long as people can log on and buy zen there isnt anything game breaking to them. they have shown that if it is that important to fix right away they will and if its not they will when they feel like it.

are some exploits not as gamebreaking to the community as server instability(which was handled pretty fast)? or is making money from zen more important than fixing exploits? either way i only log in to collect celestial coin and then off to play POE. no point here when so much abuse going on and nothing at all being said about fixes or to show they are working on it before releaseing more content to be exploited. very boring when everybody running around in ancient gear that they got very very very easy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Here we go another doom and gloom topic. Every MMO that has come out has had exploit issues. You think this is the only one that has.

Obviously not. But if proper care was taken to test game with large userbase instead of "just" releasing it - we would have been in much better state. Right now its completely unplayable.
  • Options
    dezmerdezmer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now its completely unplayable.

With this kind of blantantly obvious false hyperbole you expect people to try to reason with you?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you have something to say in discussion but only says "you know nothing, i know better but im not going to tell you since herp a derp derp" then just go away.

1) Assertion that their development cycle is worst.
    2) Released into beta. In case anyone forgot the purpose of beta, it's to test a product.
    3) Assertion that such a development cycle will run into said exploits.
    4) Assertion that it's because of PWE.
    5) Assertion that a proper beta test must have a wipe.
    6) Assertion that closed beta was "mostly to create hype, test server stabilities, and very common issues - NOT BUGS"
    7) Assertion that you know what is going on with the game and management of it.
    8) Assertion that it's about 10% of population.
    9) Assertion that issues won't be addressed besides fixing them in future patches.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dezmer wrote: »
    With this kind of blantantly obvious false hyperbole you expect people to try to reason with you?

Pretty cool story bro but I cant see anything that backs up your thesis that game is playable. Look im not going to whine about cash shop or broken class balance etc because I just dont care about those topics.

Im only speaking straight of pretty messed up "test & deploy" methods they have. About untested product. And that economics is broken - wchich makes for a lot of gameplay in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pretty cool story bro but I cant see anything that backs up your thesis that game is playable.
    Ah, perhaps you missed the thousands of players playing the game at this very second. Understandable.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2) Released into beta. In case anyone forgot the purpose of beta, it's to test a product.
    6) Assertion that closed beta was "mostly to create hype, test server stabilities, and very common issues - NOT BUGS"
    9) Assertion that issues won't be addressed besides fixing them in future patches.

owned. lol
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issues here are nothing compared to SWG when it was in beta test and the same with SWTOR. I was a beta tester in both.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now its completely unplayable.

/facepalm

I agree that the game has a ton of problems, but to call it "completely unplayable" is a wild-eyed bit of hyperbolic nonsense.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013

1. Are you software engineer? because I am. Its worst kind of development cycle, and if you dont know anything on topic, please go read few topics on stackoverflow for starters.
    2. "Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find."
    Please do tell me how they are going to fix imbalance caused by broken code. Since there wont be wipe.
    3. I can counter ripose that you assume it wont run into those issues.
    4. Tell me who is publisher and who is developer. They are financed by PWE. End of Story.
    5. Nah, lets just find exploits, and let people run around with all items from it. It makes for incredible gameplay.
    6. Please do tell me how do you see it because obviously you could assert something else.
    7. Since when thinking and making assumptions based on observations is illegal? Sorry thats my point of view if you dont like - move on with your life.
    8. Cause making up statistics is fun. That wasnt completely serious point. It may affect less or more people - but it will affect every user, even in perspective of coming months.
    9. gg, have fun believing they will wipe out items that were farmed by exploits.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    You forgot a ''t'' in your forum name, it doesn't add up to your signature name.
    It's an Alias!?!:o
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they would fix the sploits faster, people wouldnt talk about it on the forums anymore, then they dont need to sanitize every third post on the forums. More sploits + longer time sploits are in game = more people talking about it = more people-hours needed to sanitize the forums of all the posts talking about sploits. There, I just provided a real good reason to fix those things, probably the one reason any company should be motivated by - it costs less money to have less sploits in the game for shorter time periods.
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    /facepalm

I agree that the game has a ton of problems, but to call it "completely unplayable" is a wild-eyed bit of hyperbolic nonsense.

so you have ZERO trouble beating a crit bugger in pvp? pm me your advise bro. id love to be able to counter a billion crit :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its kinda funny that you cant post anything in these forums because people will literally jump all over you.
    Its common method to use hyperbole while explaining concepts to sparkle discussion.
    Its very natural to be wrong, and even if you arent 100% sure you are right - saying it out loud.

You can only be never wrong if you never think and question what is around you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    so you have ZERO trouble beating a crit bugger in pvp?

I don't PvP & couldn't care less about it. In fact, I even think that for the most part, MMO PvP is a complete waste of developer time & resources, & if you're not going to balance & code your game for PvP FIRST, you shouldn't do it at all.

It's painfully obvious that this game was coded for PvE first & foremost, & PvP tacked on as an afterthought, just like every other MMO developer does it. So, IMO, if you're taking part in PvP, it's your own fault.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Maybe it's an intended gameplay mechanic and not an exploit at all? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1. Are you software engineer? because I am. Its worst kind of development cycle, and if you dont know anything on topic, please go read few topics on stackoverflow for starters.
    2. "Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find."
    Please do tell me how they are going to fix imbalance caused by broken code. Since there wont be wipe.
    3. I can counter ripose that you assume it wont run into those issues.
    4. Tell me who is publisher and who is developer. They are financed by PWE. End of Story.
    5. Nah, lets just find exploits, and let people run around with all items from it. It makes for incredible gameplay.
    6. Please do tell me how do you see it because obviously you could assert something else.
    7. Since when thinking and making assumptions based on observations is illegal? Sorry thats my point of view if you dont like - move on with your life.
    8. Cause making up statistics is fun. That wasnt completely serious point. It may affect less or more people - but it will affect every user, even in perspective of coming months.
    9. gg, have fun believing they will wipe out items that were farmed by exploits.

1) I'm a game developer, and there are worse development cycles. Like ones which doesn't undergo testing at all. Yes, they exist.
    2) And these things might or might not constitute as obscure errors.
    3) I don't assume anything. This is your argument, not mine. Don't ask me.
    4) Just because they have direct influence doesn't mean they used it in this case.
    5) Path of Exile didn't use a wipe when they exited closed beta. They instead used legacy servers.
    6) I don't assume anything. This is your argument, not mine. Don't ask me.
    7) Making assertions isn't illegal. Neither is pointing them out.
    8) 10% is a significant population of the game. Hence it would greatly impact potential decisions on what solutions to implement. Regardless, exaggeration does not help in solving this issue, just stating the plain facts (that there are individuals which exploit the system, hence affecting the market) is sufficient.
    9) I never assumed they will or will not wipe. I do know that there are other potential solutions.
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    so you have ZERO trouble beating a crit bugger in pvp? pm me your advise bro. id love to be able to counter a billion crit :)

So basically this is a PvP whine? I don't even know anyone who plays the PvP content....we are busy enjoying the game and story.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its common method to use hyperbole

Sure, if you want whatever point you're making to be lost in a cloud of argumentative dust. Or, if you're a politician, or a sportswriter. Hyperbole is par-for-the-course for them.

But if you want to actually make a substantive & interesting point for argument, then hyperbole is the WORST way to do it, because your hyperbole will be quickly proved false & it will make you look like a screaming whiner tossing a hissy fit.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't PvP & couldn't care less about it. In fact, I even think that for the most part, MMO PvP is a complete waste of developer time & resources, & if you're not going to balance & code your game for PvP FIRST, you shouldn't do it at all.

It's painfully obvious that this game was coded for PvE first & foremost, & PvP tacked on as an afterthought, just like every other MMO developer does it. So, IMO, if you're taking part in PvP, it's your own fault.

He wasnt discussing imbalance. Only bugs.
    Imbalance is fine because unless you play game where everyone has same resources and abilities you cant make it fair. Chess are fair. Rts games are balanced when you play same faction on mirror maps.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sure, if you want whatever point you're making to be lost in a cloud of argumentative dust. Or, if you're a politician, or a sportswriter. Hyperbole is par-for-the-course for them.

But if you want to actually make a substantive & interesting point for argument, then hyperbole is the WORST way to do it, because your hyperbole will be quickly proved false & it will make you look like a screaming whiner tossing a hissy fit.

Point taken.