test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reason why exploits exist

Comments

• watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    I don't PvP & couldn't care less about it. In fact, I even think that for the most part, MMO PvP is a complete waste of developer time & resources, & if you're not going to balance & code your game for PvP FIRST, you shouldn't do it at all.

It's painfully obvious that this game was coded for PvE first & foremost, & PvP tacked on as an afterthought, just like every other MMO developer does it. So, IMO, if you're taking part in PvP, it's your own fault.

ok so 1 shot never castle boss isnt gamebreaking? flooding economy with highest lvl gear in game for super cheap prices and everybody geared to the teeth after first week? seems very stable. i change my logic and agree totally with you....
    edited May 2013
    So basically this is a PvP whine? I don't even know anyone who plays the PvP content....we are busy enjoying the game and story.

close minded....ignored
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok so 1 shot never castle boss isnt gamebreaking?

Of course it's game-breaking.

But, it doesn't affect ME, at this point, at all. Because I'm not anywhere near Castle Never. Instead, I'm happily blasting through mobs in the storyline quests & when I'm not reading this forum & getting infuriated by PW's incompetence, the game I'm PLAYING is a lot of fun.

The notion that the ENTIRE game is totally unbroken & unplayable is noxious hyperbolic garbage. Please re-think your claims.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
    edited May 2013
    Of course it's game-breaking.

But, it doesn't affect ME, at this point, at all. Because I'm not anywhere near Castle Never. Instead, I'm happily blasting through mobs in the storyline quests & when I'm not reading this forum & getting infuriated by PW's incompetence, the game I'm PLAYING is a lot of fun.

The notion that the ENTIRE game is totally unbroken & unplayable is noxious hyperbolic garbage. Please re-think your claims.

game-breaking= totally broke sry

all thats left is just a sandbox. nothing more. dont have to do anything to get best gear in game at all. i can literally have end game gear donated to me from total strangers....

i can uderstand your point completely also. if you dont partake in anything social in game at all you can play all day every day and never really be affected. you can still enjoy the story/quest forsure but if you plan on taking part in any dungeons after you hit lvl 60 then it effects you directly. no point grinding out gear you can get almost free atm when it should take months to get. i quite enjoyed lvling up to 60 myself with no real issues but now that im 60 i dont even have to run 1 epic dungeon and be 10k+ gs never stepping foot into an epic dungeon....
    edited May 2013
    game-breaking= totally broke sry

Yea, Castle Never is broken. No kidding. But I'm about 99.9% certain that Castle Never is not the entire game, so "totally broke" is nonsense.

I think there's some sort of virus on these forums causing people to not be able to discern distinctions, or something.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dunno, all are crying and have all those problems...i played through the whole game, did some pvp, am now trying to do some elite dungeons - always had fun, always had super groups, never had huge problems except the ****ed up queue system and am having just a great time...which makes me think youre all just whining and trolling
    edited May 2013
    Yea, Castle Never is broken. No kidding. But I'm about 99.9% certain that Castle Never is not the entire game, so "totally broke" is nonsense.

I think there's some sort of virus on these forums causing people to not be able to discern distinctions, or something.

i only said CN because it is hardest boss and can be killed in 1 hit. sooooooooooooooooooo that must mean that ALLLLLLLLLLLL other dungeon bosses can fall in the EXACT same manner.

please people open your eyes and read for a sec before responding like that is the only dungeon it can be done at.

to make it clear to all of you with absolutly ZERO common sense this bug effects ALL dungeons/pvp. not just CN/pvp.

and these exploits exist because people like you blow them off and dont give a $hit.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i only said CN because it is hardest boss and can be killed in 1 hit. sooooooooooooooooooo that must mean that ALLLLLLLLLLLL other dungeon bosses can fall in the EXACT same manner.

please people open your eyes and read for a sec before responding like that is the only dungeon it can be done at.

to make it clear to all of you with absolutly ZERO common sense this bug effects ALL dungeons/pvp. not just CN/pvp.

And that only applies if you're level 60, if you are a GF or is grouped with one, and if you or the GF you're grouped with actually use the exploit (EDIT: or if you PvP, with other lv 60 people). Incidentally, because of how skirmishes are set up, it also means it doesn't apply to most of the existing skirmishes.
    edited May 2013

/sigh

I give up. You're either not competent to discern a difference between MASSIVE PARTS OF GAME ARE BROKEN, & "game is totally unplayable" or else you're trolling me.

It's absolutely true that massive parts of this game are broken. It's absolutely NOT true that the game is totally unplayable. If you can't, or won't, figure out the difference, then please just ignore me, & I'll happily return the favor. MTIA.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously not. But if proper care was taken to test game with large userbase instead of "just" releasing it - we would have been in much better state. Right now its completely unplayable.

That's weird that it's completely unplayable. I know a bunch of people that play daily and enjoy the game. Your statement speaks to the heart of the reasoning embodied in this thread.
    edited May 2013
    /sigh

I give up. You're either not competent to discern a difference between MASSIVE PARTS OF GAME ARE BROKEN, & "game is totally unplayable" or else you're trolling me.

It's absolutely true that massive parts of this game are broken. It's absolutely NOT true that the game is totally unplayable. If you can't, or won't, figure out the difference, then please just ignore me, & I'll happily return the favor. MTIA.

you and people like you are the reason these exploits are not being fixed right away. you couldnt care less.
    you made your point. now get out of the way of people who do care
  • chewbydoobychewbydooby Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Exploits exist cause some people will try to Game the system no matter how good it is.

No. Exploits exist because the developers didn't test enough before they decided to start charging money for what should still be in Alpha.
    edited May 2013
    you and people like you are the reason these exploits are not being fixed right away. you couldnt care less.

/superduperdoubletriplefacepalmheaddesk

I can't respond any further, because I don't feel like being banned. But if I had an iggy list on these forums, you'd be the first name on it. Please, do the same for me, & have a nice day.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
    edited May 2013
    /superduperdoubletriplefacepalmheaddesk

I can't respond any further, because I don't feel like being banned. But if I had an iggy list on these forums, you'd be the first name on it. Please, do the same for me, & have a nice day.

not a problem mr troll
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. Exploits exist because the developers didn't test enough before they decided to start charging money for what should still be in Alpha.

That is where you are dead wrong. A game can be tested for years and still end up with an exploit.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We'll just disagree Chewby. I have Beta tested a few different games both TT an Video games now. I have seen folks exploit the rules that I and others thought were rock solid. It's the ingenuity of the gamer that finds a kink in the rule's armor and exploits it for everything it is worth. It sad to cause even if this is open beta we are supposed to report flaws we find, not profit off those flaws.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    eploit nothing new mmorpg if you want a perfect mmorpg GO TO COLLEGE LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM and APPLY FOR CRYPTIC STUDIO. if you think you can do better. People who complain dont understand how programming works
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raal1 wrote: »
    That's weird that it's completely unplayable. I know a bunch of people that play daily and enjoy the game. Your statement speaks to the heart of the reasoning embodied in this thread.

Its not unplayable due to some technical issue. The sheer number of sploits just makes it have the replay value of contra after I learned what the Konami cheat code was and steamrolled it a few times in the same day.

Theres a technical difference there, but the end result is the same.
    edited May 2013
    We'll just disagree Chewby. I have Beta tested a few different games both TT an Video games now. I have seen folks exploit the rules that I and others thought were rock solid. It's the ingenuity of the gamer that finds a kink in the rule's armor and exploits it for everything it is worth. It sad to cause even if this is open beta we are supposed to report flaws we find, not profit off those flaws.

yes and when found these problems need to be address immediately. not put off till next content patch is released then worked on.
  • darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once they know about economy breaking exploit they should shut down game until it is fixed.
    Easy as that. Thats how open beta should work.

But yeah given how people cry 30 seconds after server gets shut down due to number of users and need to reboot I can see why they dont do it.
    edited May 2013
    quote from facebook neverwinter page
    "We're looking into missing dailies. Hang tight and you'll be questing in no time!"

Thats cute.
  • chewbydoobychewbydooby Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sad to cause even if this is open beta we are supposed to report flaws we find, not profit off those flaws.

This is where we agree completely.

Look at zone chat! It's full of people looking for GF's and CW's for "epic fast loot farms". Come on Cryptic DO SOMETHING useful instead of releasing a patch that only puts money back into your pockets.
  • whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Once they know about economy breaking exploit they should shut down game until it is fixed.
    Easy as that. Thats how open beta should work.

But yeah given how people cry 30 seconds after server gets shut down due to number of users and need to reboot I can see why they dont do it.
    What is economy breaking though?

When making that claim you need to explain why you think there is an economy breaking exploit in existence.
    edited May 2013
    whiran wrote: »

When making that claim you need to explain why you think there is an economy breaking exploit in existence.

I wonder if you seen screenshot of dude 200mil made from castle never t2 drops he sold.
    edited May 2013

lol obviously another uniformed person responding ignorantly

the exploits live on....
  • whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    lol obviously another uniformed person responding ignorantly

the exploits live on....

Then why not illuminate me and remove my ignorance? Please explain how the economy is being broken.
  • zaxyllzaxyll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will always be exploits of some type ... the more sophisticated the game the more complex the code.

Test servers or open beta with character wipes still won't prevent exploits. This is because dishonest "testers"seek out and make notes of the exploits they find for their own use and never report them.

Sometimes it isn't possible to fix exploits quickly.

Does this mean hope is lost? No.

Anyone who exploits should be banned. First offenders can get a temporary ban if want some leniency. All gains from exploiting should ALWAYS be removed.
    edited May 2013
    Then why not illuminate me and remove my ignorance? Please explain how the economy is being broken.

read it for yourself. not doing your job to stay informed for u troll
    edited May 2013
    yes and when found these problems need to be address immediately. not put off till next content patch is released then worked on.
    The fix could require more than just a simple patch. I read a bunch of crying over nerfs the Foundry took so I can see the DEVs are trying. But what do you do after you find out a large chunk of your player base has cheated the system?
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    eploit nothing new mmorpg if you want a perfect mmorpg GO TO COLLEGE LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM and APPLY FOR CRYPTIC STUDIO. if you think you can do better. People who complain dont understand how programming works
    Be a PnP Beta tester some day! Exploiting predates MMOs ;)