test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The question!!!!!

taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Would you still play if there was a reset to clear the issues the game has allowed to run rampant and put the game in to its current state?

Is your 24 to 48 hours of total game played time in game worth more to you then the 5+ years this game has been in developement while the game designers have spent all that time, effort and imagination into this?

For me, it is a yes, I would still play if there was some kind of light at the end of the tunnel in regards to playing a fixed game that the game designers invisioned.

Will I still play if the current state of the game is left unchecked? No, I will quit tomorrow if thats the case and I would be willing to bet thousands more would too.

Anyways, vote away.
kaydiechi wrote: »
i know we wont get any character wipes, but can we please get some action taken agianst the exploiters, and some kind of rollback?

i mean look at this, this guy i know, using a damage exploit and a boss bug managed to do this in under an hour LW94B9j.png
he has spent the last 3 days doing stuff like this nonstop, destroying the economy and amassing riches on a mule character to "hide" his illicit actions.

he's amassed over 200 million ad.... and with no rollback once the zen prices tank he's just going to cashout and sell zen, making hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars.

Good job PWE..

(200 million ad @ 200/zen is 1m zen, thats 10,000$ worth of zen, even at 400 ad per zen which is way more than it goes for now is 5,000$ worth of zen)
Post edited by taemekeg on

Comments

• Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I should of renamed the title.......not a good choice I feel?
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    As fun as this game is right now, it wouldn't be worth reinvesting time into it. Mainly because I do not enjoy anything about the new D&D they have modeled Neverwinter after. If it was 3.0 or 3.5 I'd be more inclined to reinvest time after a reset.
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    I would. I've already spent time and effort in it but it's not enjoyable.

IF they fix the bugs, exploits, PVP-afkers etc.. I would gladly reroll and start all over again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daedrac wrote: »
    As fun as this game is right now, it wouldn't be worth reinvesting time into it. Mainly because I do not enjoy anything about the new D&D they have modeled Neverwinter after. If it was 3.0 or 3.5 I'd be more inclined to reinvest time after a reset.

Issue with that is, its too far away from the standard marketing we see MMORPG's as today.

Would be nice to see an older school style though like that in a MMORPG style.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daedrac wrote: »
    This would make it better. Much better. And es I would pick back up and start over. I have spent no money but that is only cause I can only support one habit at a time.And my family is actually a part the BattleTech canon.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I've said before: if they punish me because a lot of immature, irresponsible munchkins exploited, I'd wave a middle finger at PW & never return.

There's a principle here, & a full wipe because of PW's mistakes would violate that principle entirely. PW should simply suck it up, admit they screwed up, fix the mistakes, & drive on. IMO, anything less would be a PR nightmare that they simply don't need.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am perfectly willing to reset, game is broken right now. Very sad.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather them fix the bugs do a wipe, and ban the people who pushed it to this, and start from scratch, then play a game that's clearly broken and neglected. But considering that the devs are posting threads asking who's playing alts, and responding to threads complimenting questlines, but totally ignoring these issues, I'm not super hopeful. I think it might be time for me to head off into the sunset and look for something else to play.
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    I'd rather them fix the bugs do a wipe, and ban the people who pushed it to this, and start from scratch, then play a game that's clearly broken and neglected. But considering that the devs are posting threads asking who's playing alts, and responding to threads complimenting questlines, but totally ignoring these issues, I'm not super hopeful. I think it might be time for me to head off into the sunset and look for something else to play.

Those are the community moderators.. Not the devs.

They hold no real power and I can't blame them not joining posts like these. I DO hope they send them towards the devs and let them decide.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    As I've said before: if they punish me because a lot of immature, irresponsible munchkins exploited, I'd wave a middle finger at PW & never return.

There's a principle here, & a full wipe because of PW's mistakes would violate that principle entirely. PW should simply suck it up, admit they screwed up, fix the mistakes, & drive on. IMO, anything less would be a PR nightmare that they simply don't need.

You're already being punished, you just don't choose to see it that way. Any change in content or nerf to the games mechanics based on the presence of the exploits claimed as a *fix* which removes you being able to partake in that system feature when that is how it was orginally invisioned or designed, then that has effected you.
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    See other post on the same topic!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Guys can I please ask that we just keep this thread based around the vote, keep the other thread for debating there.
  • Options
    leopardladyleopardlady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did not exploit and I shouldn't be punished for those who do or did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Guys can I please ask that we just keep this thread based around the vote, keep the other thread for debating there.

While I disagree with you about wiping, I can agree with this, lets keep it civil and debate free in here so we can get some good numbers on the poll, it should be interesting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're already being punished, you just don't choose to see it that way

I WON'T see it that way until I get well above 35th level & start worrying about "end game" content or PvP. As someone who is currently mostly soloing through the storyline, the issues you're talking about don't affect me at all.

We can both speculate as to whether or not I'll be affected at level 60, but since that's nothing but speculation I'm not taking it into account. So, my stance is what it is: full wipe = me gone.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »

Wouldn't fixing the mistake entail removing all exp and items that was gained from the exploit Foundry scenarios? Resetting the economy to correct the issues from flooding it? Wouldn't that be pretty much just resetting the whole game o fix the screw up? I understand why some would not want a reset but seeing how fast we can gain xp an equipment in game, there isn't a lot that could not be regained. *SHRUG*so long as they say the game is beta at all, which I read yesterday, they can reset if the problem is big enough.
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'm sure there won't be a ton of people, who haven't spent money, voting that they have and will spend more with a wipe....
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dumbass thread.

Refund my 150 bucks spent then only way that this will happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    Dumbass thread.

Refund my 150 bucks spent then only way that this will happen.

Use common sense, of course you would be refunded, just like they did during beta..................../faceplam x 50
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Wouldn't fixing the mistake entail removing all exp and items that was gained from the exploit Foundry scenarios? Resetting the economy to correct the issues from flooding it? Wouldn't that be pretty much just resetting the whole game o fix the screw up?

None of those things, AFAIK, would entail deleting my character & forcing me to start again. I'm pretty darn sure PW can figure out how to fix these issues without wiping legit players. If they can't, then they're not competent enough to deserve my time, much less my money.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use common sense, of course you would be refunded, just like they did during beta..................../faceplam x 50

He's saying he'd want the money back, not the zen, big difference.
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have been transferring Zen to the server. I would, understandably, be upset if I lost the things I got from that Zen. If I was given 20 free Keys to open Nightmare Lock Boxes, that would be fair. Those Lockbox Keys is all I have been spending my Zen on so far.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Wouldn't fixing the mistake entail removing all exp and items that was gained from the exploit Foundry scenarios? Resetting the economy to correct the issues from flooding it? Wouldn't that be pretty much just resetting the whole game o fix the screw up? I understand why some would not want a reset but seeing how fast we can gain xp an equipment in game, there isn't a lot that could not be regained. *SHRUG*so long as they say the game is beta at all, which I read yesterday, they can reset if the problem is big enough.

My time, and the experiences I've had when doing these things (when they were "new") cannot be regained.

I've got six characters, lv20-40, ranging from 10hr to 1d10hr. No, if they reset I'd go play a different game - there's already more games out there that I'm interested in but can't get around to. Not interested in backtracking all the things I've done so far.

And perhaps I'm in a minority, but I was never planning on getting to 60 and then making bank selling off "l33t epixxx" in the AH. So the fact that the AH is full of them, and their price is down? Even when I get to 60, it's not going to impact me much. /shrug

Wipe at this point would = wave bye. Write off the $40 I've given them so far and move on with my life (or lack thereof).

edit: but it's fine, because it's never going to happen.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd want a refund on my zen (one option you missed in the poll) but I still would play.

My question is: Do you want them to do a wipe everytime someone comes up with an exploit? If so, they'd be doing a wipe every month.
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They dont have to wipe existing characters. What they can do is create a separate server for all official launch new players so they wont be affected by our mistakes in this server. If we want to start over we can start over there. But whoever wants to stay can stay, they wont be wiped but theyll just be living in a broken server.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    They dont have to wipe existing characters. What they can do is create a separate server for all official launch new players so they wont be affected by our mistakes in this server. If we want to start over we can start over there. But whoever wants to stay can stay, they wont be wiped but theyll just be living in a broken server.

Their future plan is to have one mega server, so this wouldn't work in their big plan.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Much as I'd like to see fixes etc. resetting my character would see me leave, the quests just arnt good enough to want to repeat to get back to my current (poor) state!

it's a free to play game and it shows!
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Their future plan is to have one mega server, so this wouldn't work in their big plan.

I think the one mega server can proceed but its worth to consider excluding dragon, mindflayer, and the other one i forgot. Everyone who wants to start a new character at the mega server can do so. We should not be allowed to transfer our character to the new mega server. Whoever wants to remain in old server can do so. They wont be wiped so they shouldnt be angry.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    I think the one mega server can proceed but its worth to consider excluding dragon, mindflayer, and the other one i forgot. Everyone who wants to start a new character at the mega server can do so. Whoever wants to remain in old server can do so. They wont be wiped so they shouldnt be angry.
    Not a bad idea, if, there is no real cost to create another server.