test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF- DPS build

Comments

• mnmlzmamnmlzma Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for spending your time with this thread. Sadly, I am at work now and I can`t see the video, but the spec seems logically reasonable. I will definitely test this!

A newbie GWF,
    Nick
  • rinoadhrinoadh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Frankly, Id be extremely surprised if every single GWF in existance that want to DPS didnt go this build with at most 1-2 changes.......

GWF powers and feats arent exactly difficult to choose from.

Im torn between Steel blitz and destroyer though...Im using steel blitz..The % chance is very high
  • r4plezr4plez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lies. There is no DPS in GWF there is just meatbag.
  • aad79aad79 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why Weapon Mastery 3/3 over Devastating Critical? At level 60 you're going to be able to boost critical chance pretty easily. But is 5% critical damage as easy to acquire?
  • bazyl40bazyl40 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bazyl40 wrote: »
    I have a question. What does exactly Focused Destroyer feat do? The tolltip is just not enough info for me. "Destroyer now has a 5/10/15/20/25% to grant a stack when hiting any number of targets" - what is stack anyway ;p. Pls enlight me with this :)

Can someone pls respond to my question?
  • undeadmustdieundeadmustdie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saviorgun wrote: »
    Just take some fill in one. Put a point into every skill or a couple into some to get to next tier if needed

Any that you recommend? for us noobs starting out :P
  • juansorianojuansoriano Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is it okay to put rank 2 every skills? Like this one? NW.jpg

Or did I f**ked my build?
  • vin5entvin5ent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome build! Could you please explain to me, in what kind of a situation i want to prefer Savage Advance over Slam? Thanks!
  • mannokmannok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bazyl40 wrote: »
    Can someone pls respond to my question?

Hello, Destroyer is of GWF's passive power, that stacks up to 3*4% (with 3/3) extra damage. It stacks when you hit more than 3 opponents in 1 attack and the stacks last 6 seconds.
  • ilbiondoilbiondo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question:
    When i marked the boss/add with my ability, the tank overwrites my mark with its ability?because if the tank overwrites my mark is a problem!
    (sorry my bad english)
  • johnj9000johnj9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the post.
  • choranthchoranth Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is it okay to put rank 2 every skills? Like this one? NW.jpg

Or did I f**ked my build?

Well, you're never gonna have all your skills in the skill tab.
    You will use two at-wills, three encounter powers, two dailies and two passives at any given time.

It's convenient to choose the ones you want to use and get them to max rank.

You'll have a lot of unused ranks this way. The best idea is to max other skills you'll substitute to these ones for particular necessities like PvP, AoE damage, single target damage, survivability (choose the ones that you need and that don't overlap with your current build).

You f**ed your build, dealing 10% less damage than you could with every skill.
  • juansorianojuansoriano Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, you're never gonna have all your skills in the skill tab.
    You will use two at-wills, three encounter powers, two dailies and two passives at any given time.

It's convenient to choose the ones you want to use and get them to max rank.

You'll have a lot of unused ranks this way. The best idea is to max other skills you'll substitute to these ones for particular necessities like PvP, AoE damage, single target damage, survivability (choose the ones that you need and that don't overlap with your current build).

You f**ed your build, dealing 10% less damage than you could with every skill.

Dude thank you very much for your prompt reply. You're so helpful. Is it okay if I ask you what should I max out based on the skills that I have put in? Thank you again.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my build looks very similar to yours except i use some different powers... i would like to use wicked strike instead of weapon master but the feat in the instigator tree is to far down the road...my thoughts on a few things:

- im wondering if the bleeding critical is worth it cause hardly anything except bosses lives long enough to get the benefit from the dot

- i do like that restoring strike has a short animation but i think using it without the feat from the sentinel tree is not suuuper beneficial - i think there are better options like daring shout or roar.

- flourish - while i like it and it does good damage, the animation is very long/slow and very often when enemies start their attack animation, it is to slow to get it in before which is annoying to me.

- i very much like takedown - not only because its simply awesome and makes you feel like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - it really is the much better and longer interrupt than flourish imo altough it does less damage. the only drawback imo is that you have to be quiet close to actually hit, otherwise it bugs out quite often - you have to get used to that.
  • saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updated to show changes I have made with the build I use and pictures to help clarify the spec.
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Rhek do you do any PvP? If so how do you see this build function in PvP?
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • kaltxxkaltxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey man why did you switch out teneborous enchantments? I would really like a good excuse to do that at the moment. I think it stacks really well with the plague fire dots. And if I changed to lightning enchantment would the teneborous proc of that?
  • saviorgunsaviorgun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaltxx wrote: »
    Hey man why did you switch out teneborous enchantments? I would really like a good excuse to do that at the moment. I think it stacks really well with the plague fire dots. And if I changed to lightning enchantment would the teneborous proc of that?

Running a parser and even with normal/greater ones it was only like 2% of my damage. Stacking power will do more than 2% damage overall for you abilities.
    Rhek-60 GWF <Folklore>. "Rheking" damage meters since launch. Follow my streamwww.mmominds.com
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    my build looks very similar to yours except i use some different powers... i would like to use wicked strike instead of weapon master but the feat in the instigator tree is to far down the road...my thoughts on a few things:

- im wondering if the bleeding critical is worth it cause hardly anything except bosses lives long enough to get the benefit from the dot

- i do like that restoring strike has a short animation but i think using it without the feat from the sentinel tree is not suuuper beneficial - i think there are better options like daring shout or roar.

- flourish - while i like it and it does good damage, the animation is very long/slow and very often when enemies start their attack animation, it is to slow to get it in before which is annoying to me.

- i very much like takedown - not only because its simply awesome and makes you feel like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - it really is the much better and longer interrupt than flourish imo altough it does less damage. the only drawback imo is that you have to be quiet close to actually hit, otherwise it bugs out quite often - you have to get used to that.

Thats why I take the 5 points in the top tree to make Flourish stun for 1 sec at the end of the channel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • victormestrovicvictormestrovic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I'm a rogue considering a GWF to give our group more variety. The only issue I have is the damage output. I am currently close to 11k GS as a rogue and between me and my rogue friend we run 2 cleric, 2 rogue and CW and deal roughly 17 mil dmg each per dungeon.. we've cleared everything but castle ever and the last fight for dread. The doing more damage than a good rogue is tough for me to see from the one video posted. Flurry on mobs stacked by a CW's arcane aoe pull does massive aoe dmg combined with blitz.. that and we kill the spider boss in about 7 minutes.. both forms burned down. Yes we are both good rogues and I use plague fire with tenebrous runes myself stacked. What I'd like to see is your actual dungeon finish numbers, because I am looking for real inspiration to keep leveling the GWF outside of variety and a bit more utility in rare situations.
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I'm a rogue considering a GWF to give our group more variety. The only issue I have is the damage output. I am currently close to 11k GS as a rogue and between me and my rogue friend we run 2 cleric, 2 rogue and CW and deal roughly 17 mil dmg each per dungeon.. we've cleared everything but castle ever and the last fight for dread. The doing more damage than a good rogue is tough for me to see from the one video posted. Flurry on mobs stacked by a CW's arcane aoe pull does massive aoe dmg combined with blitz.. that and we kill the spider boss in about 7 minutes.. both forms burned down. Yes we are both good rogues and I use plague fire with tenebrous runes myself stacked. What I'd like to see is your actual dungeon finish numbers, because I am looking for real inspiration to keep leveling the GWF outside of variety and a bit more utility in rare situations.

Grats on your 7 minute kills i guess... cause 2 rogues sitting on boss with 100% cleric damage buff up is tough. I am also sure your group just kites adds unlike mine that clears them. I personally do not care if you level one nor do I care if you stop playing. Not here to inspire.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    we run 2 cleric

Stopped reading. Fail. LOL
  • mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Grats on your 7 minute kills i guess... cause 2 rogues sitting on boss with 100% cleric damage buff up is tough. I am also sure your group just kites adds unlike mine that clears them. I personally do not care if you level one nor do I care if you stop playing. Not here to inspire.

So what you're really saying is you're a total codpiece. Yeah, I can read between the lines.
  • ilbiondoilbiondo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How did you put in dps? State that I have not yet the final pve spec, but at the request over the rogue is first with 1.5/2 milion more damage, the mage 500k!
    Should increase the damage of the GF.
  • asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

GWF clears trash over rogues with ease. Only competition I receive is from CW's.

Usually by the end of the dungeon the CW and I are ~100k more or less from each other.

CW Singularity+1 WMS during the draw in + Indomitable strike = GG. In Castle Never where mob packs are as large as 15, Indom strike crits them for around 20-25k on every mob.
  • thahn204thahn204 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Done trying to help people and be nice. Pointless, figure it out yourself I guess.

I like your build just started playing gwf because there aint enough of them at 60 all i ever see is wizards (like me) and rogues any ways your build seems to have had promise and i believed everything you said sucks that you raged out and took it all down if its because you're a maple leafs fan im truly sorry.....GO BRUINS!!
  • mynameisdanmynameisdan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Done trying to help people and be nice. Pointless, figure it out yourself I guess.

I was following this build to give it a try and it got edited because you got your feelings hurt on an online forum?..Come on man. Need a much thicker skin, or, if you're not here to inspire, then why post a build at all?
  • cjelliscjellis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was following this build to give it a try and it got edited because you got your feelings hurt on an online forum?..Come on man. Need a much thicker skin, or, if you're not here to inspire, then why post a build at all?

I was also using this guide to help me build a GWF.

I hope it comes back up.

Protip: never listen to the internet lol.
  • cloudspidercloudspider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry that you fell lad. If you couldn't handle being a leader don't climb the ladder of chaos.

Now you know.
  • omghealmeomghealme Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What?! Put on yer big boy pants and put the post back up. Many people (most importantly myself ;-) ) were using this. For every troll arguing with you, there are probably 5-10 people learning and or following this build. BTW, thank you for taking the time to do it. It was very useful, and your video made me decide to roll the class. But die in a fire if you leave us hanging with half a build. Stand by your convictions, or bow to the trolls. Guess we will know what kinda person you are in the next few.

Let me edit this post to a "great build, thanks for the tips".