test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where did you get your name ?

124»

Comments

• ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My username [Ryftlord] came from on of my earliest RP characters.
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • thlaylirahthlaylirah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine is from the book Watership Down. It is the lapine version of the rabbit's name in my picture with the lapin word for "leader" stuck at the end of it to give it some panache. :)
    .gif.gif.gif.gif
  • herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    The original Heraclea was a character I made for an adventure design I never finished for the old game Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures. Basically that was a Gold Box style D&D game editor. It came to be extensively hacked. Another hobby is fantasy and pinup art, and Heraclea remained a feature there even if the design for FRUA was eventually shelved. I have plenty of others, including the Yezukriis series, a Maciste, and a Wonder Woman design.

Later -- specifically, Dec. 24, 2004, Heraclea made her debut in City of Heroes, which until late last year was my all time favorite online game. She's been my first character in most games I've tried, and is currently also active in Age of Conan.
  • jasbinsjasbins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Jasbins is a short for my last name: Jasbinschek.
    Simple isnt it?
    15.jpg

Jasbinschek D' Forc - GWF lvl 60 8.5K GS (for now)
  • yosnaipyosnaip Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The name ingame (Cesar) is my real name. xD
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh man, where to begin. Well with my online name, I always liked the dog Spike from the Tom & Jerry cartoons so I wanted to use that as a name somehow and a friend of mine thought it would be funny to use the last name Spire so it kinda stuck. Since then i've been known as Spike Spire throughout most of my Online life, until I got creative and start making characters.

My CW name just kinda rolled off the edge of my creative thought and was like "Thats a good name!" that being Sildrix. Was originally for a character of mine on Champions Online. My next character however will be named Vassar for my Warlock whenever that comes out. One day me and my girlfriend were driving down the road and she noticed this street named Vassar and she said to me "That could be a really sexy name." and I just kept a mental note of it and has been handy in some occasions.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i had a human warlock on WOW & called him, 4SKIN .....................................
  • jazzyjayjazzyjay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jaykelvik

My username came from my self and my two best mates kelly and vicky when i was 18 years of age (many many years ago) we all went out drinking except me so i drove them home only to be hit by a drunk driver at a junction , Kelly Died 2 weeks later from her injuries Vicky died on impact as she was laying next to the door , so ive used Jaykelvik were ever i go on the internet
    What Was Lost Is Now Found Tomorrow Brings The Future;):):D:p:o:rolleyes::eek:
  • catsheepcatsheep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My name is usually Razlo, taken from a doctor in Shady Sands (F1 :D).
    Couldn't use the same name for ID and forums, so I went with something stupid.

My in-game name in Neverwinter is Elrelas Shade. I've been using it in DDO too. Well, I wanted to go with something more role-play'ish, and I think I like it. Fits my character too :D.
  • mythauramythaura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mythaura - the name of my very first DK on World of Warcraft, taken from the random name generator
    Kelissru - Taken from one of my Istaria characters, which came from a -different- random name generator :D
  • parkeringsbotparkeringsbot Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Drow is called Antagonis from antagonist meaning "opponent" "enemy" or "combatant" described as: The main character or force opposing the protagonist.

My alt is called Anachdan, I have this from my main from old Star Wars Galaxies :D
  • magnusremingtonmagnusremington Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Magnus Remington- I'm somewhat fanatical with guns. Magnus could be taken as Magnum, and Remington is the name of the firearm company.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a Star Wars Protocol Droid.
  • ckepckep Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ckep is the name i chose for my trickster rogue.
    ckep is the name of my rogue on WoW.

He is a Lv.70 undead on Maelstrom US
  • insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's a perfect descriptor of me. xDDDDD :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shuugishuugi Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the voices in my head told me
  • nyanaligatornyanaligator Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nyanaligator has no history. Everything else I tried was already taken, so I resolved to trying out nyan-animal usernames. Most of those were taken as well and it took me awhile to find one that wasn't.
    My trickster rogue is named Valkirye. A friend of mine suggested it, I liked it, googled it to see how it's spelled and still managed to misspell it. Turns out it's Valkyrie.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Krysilis, Is obviously Chrysilis spelled with a KR rather than a chr, I did this cause the way to feminize Chris is by using Kris so I applied this tactic to my blind mage. her backstory had her go through a horrific accident and lose her sight but in her new darkness she gained magic. I felt the butterfly terminology was appropriate,

Cheronne: Origionally Krysilis' seeing eye fox but was found later to be half kitsune not a normal fox she later started taking humanoid form. Her name was cherry origionally which is fine for a pet but get the WRONG kinda attention when applied to a human. so having played a MUD named genesisMud(still around and fun) that had a really cool herb system my favorate herb was Suranie So I started calling cherry Cheranie...which got her called Annie a lot thus Cherannie later I made a second cherannie one a healer(hero) one a stalker(Villian) for city of heroes I wanted them to be similar enough in name people would get they were the same person. Cheronne/Cheranne I tend to make healers Cheranne and rogues Cheronne

Kalyca; was a WOD orphan mage used entropy and stat enhancing/combati magics with primal marks cat Kalyca being a play on Calico she often had had to dark skin yellow eyes and hair that ranged from white blond roots to black tips so when thinking which of my chars would make a good drow I though hey what about Kal, she follows tymora to honor her start.

Agydiah, way back in my irc days a bunch of people were making angel or demon chars I wanted to make an angel but I didn't want to do the stereotypical EL ending names I looked up name meanings and agytha ment goodness and it was kinda like a type of angel also a lot of old Hebrew names ended in ah. She ended up mostly a healer for obvious reasons. there was a plot in WOW that shrunk her to gnome size, so I have her as a Halfling now.
  • nebularosenebularose Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NebulaRose (Username): The street my mom lives on is called "Nebula" and I always thought it sounded cool, and my middle name is Rose, so NebulaRose.

Sotu (Tiefling Trickster Rogue/Pathfinder Character): My friends started calling me "Lord of the Underworld", but pronounce the abbreviation, Lotu. When I made my Pathfinder character, I was going to call him Lotu, but he wasn't really Lord of the Underworld, more like the Spawn of the Underworld, so I abbreviated that and came up with Sotu. He is, so far, my favorite character I've made for a role-playing game.

Valeria (Half-Elf Warrior): Saw the name in the credits of a movie and thought it sounded cool.
  • machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My @ name?

A Social Distortion song >>
  • beriad1beriad1 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine is Elvish for my IRL name, my companions names are also Elvish. Based on arwen-undomiel.
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • nevarineswagyolonevarineswagyolo Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TES III Morrowind, but when I started playing WoW(7y) original Nerevarine name was taken so I changed it a little bit.
    Neravarine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soulicathossoulicathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For my in-game characters:

Soulic Athos: A name I completely made up for a cleric a long time ago. I liked that one so it became my NW cleric.
    Sinvir Crastos: Completely made up on the spot as I was creating the character.
    YU-A: My favorite singer. She is awesome.

I can't always be completely original, now can I?
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    my first D7D character, whose name I got by grabbing the last couple and first letters of the first and second names of the author book I was reading, Space Merchants by Michael Kring
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!