Install Arc
Options

Luna's TR Build Guide

Comments

• Options
    epet1epet1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    epet1 wrote: »
    how about ability score point ? what stat need to add ?

help pls ....
  • Options
    zikel666zikel666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice build and guide.

Although the best thing about this thread is the Gerudo valley theme in the video! +1
  • Options
    daxtremesoradaxtremesora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice build and guide

1 Question why not put skill on Shadow Strike or Impact Shot?
  • Options
    venger0405venger0405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zalathorm7 wrote: »
    If you feat it right, you can also get 25% more crit severity when in stealth, and 20% AP gain. So consider that if you are buffing stealth duration..

What would you change to get this? sorry for the noobish question but haven't rolled my TR yet...

Thanks,
  • Options
    nukeithardnukeithard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question about the Cat.

Do you get all the stats you slot on it, from like Neck/Ring/Offense/Defense Slots/(and whatever the weapon slot is for him if he has one). Or do you have to slot that % stats conversion on his defense slot to get a tiny percent of his stats, like 7 to 8.5%?

Thanks.
  • Options
    viscacha1viscacha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nukeithard wrote: »
    Question about the Cat.

Do you get all the stats you slot on it, from like Neck/Ring/Offense/Defense Slots/(and whatever the weapon slot is for him if he has one). Or do you have to slot that % stats conversion on his defense slot to get a tiny percent of his stats, like 7 to 8.5%?

Thanks.

You get whatever stats the cat has. Give the cat a +100 power ring, that's +100 power to you.
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Would you recommend Recovery > Armor Penetration?
  • Options
    tato234tato234 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do you turn off the screen effect on LA? like you have in your video?
  • Options
    hollowdeanhollowdean Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ty for the guide! And sorry for my **** question. What gear stats is best with this build?
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tato234 wrote: »
    How do you turn off the screen effect on LA? like you have in your video?

I happened to do this by accident. It's in the video settings just not sure which it is..
  • Options
    kkennokkenno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow, Thank you for this.. I might actually be able to do damage now haha
  • Options
    saltybhallssaltybhalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casia345 wrote: »
    it really depends on how they add/stack. I dont know if anyone has done the math on that yet?

Example.
    +10% str bonus, +60% lurkers, +6% for 6s out of stealth, + 10% flanking. how do these add/multiply?

100 weapon damage.
    +10% str, for 110 damage, is it then 60+6+10 for +76% damage, or 60, then 6, then 10% for 87%?

If that 6% is being added first, then getting getting increased with every bonus after, its nearly a flat 6% damage boost. which is pretty good.

of course, all three feat options at that teir are really good. 20% longer stealth, 9% to at wills vs not targeting you.

doesn't matter what order you do the math... as long as it is all %
    100 +10% +60% +6% +10% = 205
    100 +60% +6% +10% +10% = 205
  • Options
    sr69sr69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papi032 wrote: »
    I happened to do this by accident. It's in the video settings just not sure which it is..

Turn off post processing.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have followed the STR/DEX suggestion on this guide, but I have been reading on the forums that a lot of people are suggesting that STR/CHR is actually the best stat combination for TRs. What are people's thoughts on this?
  • Options
    casia345casia345 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    doesn't matter what order you do the math... as long as it is all %
    100 +10% +60% +6% +10% = 205
    100 +60% +6% +10% +10% = 205

The question was if the damage bonuses were added together into a cumulative damage bonus, or multiplied in individually.
    Take in Rift for example.
    All buffs added together. All debuffs added together.
    if you had a 100 damage lightning skill, then +10% damage, and +10% lightning damage and +10% damage from a short term buff.
    you did 130 damage, as the 10%, 10% and 10% added together for 30% cumulative damage buff.
    then if a target had a debuff that makes them take +10% damage. This was then done seperately.
    130x1.1 for 143 damage total.
    GW2 was a little of both.

The question has been answered though.
    They are pretty much all separate here from separate sources.

100x10%=110x60%=176x6%=186.56x10%=205.2
    while 100x86% would have been 186.

Same sources though. 10 and 10% for skills. this is added together for 20%, not 10% then 10% again. (uh.. I think. should double check that...) Meanwhile the 10% to sly flourish feat, IS adding 10% on TOP of the 120% of a rank 3 sly flourish. so its not 130%, its 132%.
    Or for balance purposes, take the 6% after stealth feat, and then 15% after stealth for 1 attack feats. it would have been reasonable for those to simply add together for 21% damage. but they are in fact separate, for 21.9% damage.
  • Options
    batubabatuba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I have followed the STR/DEX suggestion on this guide, but I have been reading on the forums that a lot of people are suggesting that STR/CHR is actually the best stat combination for TRs. What are people's thoughts on this?

This is also a decent way to place your stats. It really depends on what your crit % is at. If you already have high crit, then you can sacrifice some dex. I personally like having my 50% crit

Also sorry to all for not posting to some of the posts, i've been out of town at a friends wedding!

I'll try to keep posting more when i get back
  • Options
    balosarbalosar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really **** questions here for someone just about to roll a TR.

What starting stats are good or does it not matter to much? As a human I was thinking 20 Dex, 13 STR and 13 CHA ?

And this is a PVE guide but how would this build fare in PVP?

Thank you
  • Options
    angrybenkoangrybenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey. I'm curious if you are willing to post your current equips and enchantments that you would recommend putting onto equips. Thanks.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    batuba wrote: »
    This is also a decent way to place your stats. It really depends on what your crit % is at. If you already have high crit, then you can sacrifice some dex. I personally like having my 50% crit

Thank you very much for your feedback - it is always great to see someone takign the time to answer (even fairly basic) questions liek this :)
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    How come crit sev say 75% even when you have Vorpal enchanted?
  • Options
    typh0npttyph0npt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question Batuba (maybe stupid) but why the locked skill doesnt unlock when we place all the rank 3 on the prev powers? i did it + the 3 ones in the side and didnt work :s
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    typh0npt wrote: »
    I have a question Batuba (maybe stupid) but why the locked skill doesnt unlock when we place all the rank 3 on the prev powers? i did it + the 3 ones in the side and didnt work :s

Because you might not be high enough level to unlock those abilities past the 2nd rank. I dont know why it does this, but as you level some more it will allow you to get those specific abilities to rank 3.
  • Options
    angrybenkoangrybenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey. I'm curious if you are willing to post your current equips and enchantments that you would recommend putting onto equips. Thanks.
  • Options
    darkhanz001darkhanz001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    more what your gear? t1 or t2 or pvp?
    power / critical and?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll be updating my guide soon with my gear and enchants I go for. I want to complete my set here soon so I don't have to keep refreshing every time I get a new item! :)
  • Options
    viscacha1viscacha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question; I follow this build, power rotations etc everything in this guide, and I've come across one small problem. For enemies that move around a lot, such as those wolfmen things (blademaster? battlemaster?) in the grey wolf den that like to just jump around for the majority of the time I find it hard to even land one duelist flurry on them before they decide to just jump off again, and because that happens a lot in that particular dungeon I find myself falling behind in dmg, what do you usually do here? Just spam the left click at-will? This also applies for enemies/bosses that always do moves you have to roll away from, doesn't give you much time to do any decent combos. I know I could just use the encounters but I feel almost useless when I'm just running around trying to hit these moving targets only getting off a lashing blade every 20 seconds. Usually this isn't an issue but I came second on the damage scoreboard for the first time today to a CW... I wasn't happy at all!

TL;DR - With your build, how do you usually go about doing good damage to enemies that require you to chase after/move away from a lot?

I typed too much.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    viscacha1 wrote: »
    Question; I follow this build, power rotations etc everything in this guide, and I've come across one small problem. For enemies that move around a lot, such as those wolfmen things (blademaster? battlemaster?) in the grey wolf den that like to just jump around for the majority of the time I find it hard to even land one duelist flurry on them before they decide to just jump off again, and because that happens a lot in that particular dungeon I find myself falling behind in dmg, what do you usually do here? Just spam the left click at-will? This also applies for enemies/bosses that always do moves you have to roll away from, doesn't give you much time to do any decent combos. I know I could just use the encounters but I feel almost useless when I'm just running around trying to hit these moving targets only getting off a lashing blade every 20 seconds. Usually this isn't an issue but I came second on the damage scoreboard for the first time today to a CW... I wasn't happy at all!

TL;DR - With your build, how do you usually go about doing good damage to enemies that require you to chase after/move away from a lot?

I typed too much.

I know exactly what your talking about. Its very hard to do anything properly here however there are a few tips I can give you.

1) if you land a Dazing strike on them or a smoke bomb in the grp, they wont use their ability to jump around, this will give you time to get a combo in.

2) When you use DF, you can take a step or two between each part of the chain with out breaking it and hope to land the 3rd one on a mob, because then even if he ports, you'll port with him. Try this out, takes a little practice to get used to the movements.

3) If there is a CW in the group when he uses the black hole ability, start poping DF like crazy there and when all the monsters are right about to land on the floor, use your Dazing strike and hit quiet a few of them.

A lot of movement is the weakness to DF builds, this is also the reason why its not used in pvp because it would be all too easy to not get hit by it.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I think you should really consider using Bait and Switch more often, it has made my leveling so easy that I'm kind of shocked that you never tried it out.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    batuba wrote: »
    I know exactly what your talking about. Its very hard to do anything properly here however there are a few tips I can give you.

1) if you land a Dazing strike on them or a smoke bomb in the grp, they wont use their ability to jump around, this will give you time to get a combo in.

2) When you use DF, you can take a step or two between each part of the chain with out breaking it and hope to land the 3rd one on a mob, because then even if he ports, you'll port with him. Try this out, takes a little practice to get used to the movements.

3) If there is a CW in the group when he uses the black hole ability, start poping DF like crazy there and when all the monsters are right about to land on the floor, use your Dazing strike and hit quiet a few of them.

A lot of movement is the weakness to DF builds, this is also the reason why its not used in pvp because it would be all too easy to not get hit by it.

Thanks! Yeah I like how the DF follows enemies on the 3rd strike, although it does have its flaws like following them off a cliff xD

I didn't realize you could take steps in between DF, i'll have to give that a go. Ty for the tips :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Hi, I think you should really consider using Bait and Switch more often, it has made my leveling so easy that I'm kind of shocked that you never tried it out.

It could be, I personally never used it but I'm sure for leveling it could be great. Now that I'm 60, I can't really suggest other ways of leveling. However, if it works for you, there is no reason others shouldnt try it as well