test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    elmistercoldhearelmistercoldhear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hello would like to know your gear and where to get
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You hit DR really early on so I can't be sure. 2kish is about when DR hits.

I'll just make the excel with % values then until I found out actual equation
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hello would like to know your gear and where to get

Any gear worth having are from T2 instances.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    dazlindazlin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any gear worth having are from T2 instances.

I think that's pretty obvious.. His question was how to START gearing up. You don't go pugging t2's with 5500 GS..
  • Options
    dazlindazlin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrong post
  • Options
    svinjina1221svinjina1221 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you take crit gears instead of the bulwark power set?
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    @supjeremiah

Are you currently using the build you have posted on the first page? You have a video where you heal yourself to full health, but in the first page you say that heal power is useless.. So is it worth getting it or not?

Is it Fighter's Recovery that you are using in that Who needs a cleric video?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stormysg wrote: »
    @supjeremiah

Are you currently using the build you have posted on the first page? You have a video where you heal yourself to full health, but in the first page you say that heal power is useless.. So is it worth getting it or not?

Is it Fighter's Recovery that you are using in that Who needs a cleric video?

Yeah sorry I don't update the initial post as much as I should. I mostly retcon stuff through comments. I'm going to do a big guide overhaul here in the next few days when I find the time.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    plexs7plexs7 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you please tell me what did you gem your cat with?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    plexs7 wrote: »
    Can you please tell me what did you gem your cat with?

Profanx2 + Eldritch.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've nearly gotten my cat to level 25 which it then can use a belth with 500 crit and some power. I'll have 7.7k power and 3k crit then. :D
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    I've nearly gotten my cat to level 25 which it then can use a belth with 500 crit and some power. I'll have 7.7k power and 3k crit then. :D

Those stats are definitely nice but you'll be hitting yourself when you find out what the current OP is. ^^

Youtube Channel

• Options
    plexs7plexs7 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What rank stones do you use?
  • Options
    alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't more than 1 rank in Combat Superiority wasted once you have 5/5 Tactical Superiority? If you don't need to be hit for it to activate that must mean it's always on, so increased duration is kind of wasted.

Why the Knight's Challenge hate? Dealing double damage seems nice, is the taking double damage drawback just too much or is it that it's purely single target only?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Isn't more than 1 rank in Combat Superiority wasted once you have 5/5 Tactical Superiority? If you don't need to be hit for it to activate that must mean it's always on, so increased duration is kind of wasted.

Why the Knight's Challenge hate? Dealing double damage seems nice, is the taking double damage drawback just too much or is it that it's purely single target only?

I've explained how Combat Superiority works.

Knight's Challenge isn't worth losing the utility other skills bring.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    for a new lvl 60 what would you suggest to do to start gearing up?is pvp set a option(easy to get and still better then be full green lol) even if its not really an offencive set....no crit on it.what dungeon to start with?
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those stats are definitely nice but you'll be hitting yourself when you find out what the current OP is. ^^

gogo tenebrous!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    gogo tenebrous!!

shhhhhhhhhhhHHHHH

Youtube Channel

• Options
    wrannecwrannec Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Currently lvl 40, and i love this build you've made.

Just one question though.

What stats should i care most about? Got 750 Power, and 1700 Defense. 400 Crit, and 300 Recovery.

Should i drop some of the stats to get another? Like life steal or Deflect?

Thanks !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wrannec wrote: »
    Currently lvl 40, and i love this build you've made.

Just one question though.

What stats should i care most about? Got 750 Power, and 1700 Defense. 400 Crit, and 300 Recovery.

Should i drop some of the stats to get another? Like life steal or Deflect?

Thanks !

I speed leveled to 60 so I honestly cant speak for gearing up as I just used the recommended and worried about stats at end game. Thats a whole other ballpark, however.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I speed leveled to 60 so I honestly cant speak for gearing up as I just used the recommended and worried about stats at end game. Thats a whole other ballpark, however.

All right. So it doesn't REALLY matter until 60?

What stats is recommended to aim after at 60 then? Power, Crit, Defense and Deflect? :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wrannec wrote: »
    All right. So it doesn't REALLY matter until 60?

What stats is recommended to aim after at 60 then? Power, Crit, Defense and Deflect? :-)

Power/Crit/Recov are your big ticket stats. You can't go wrong with a little bit of defensive stats also.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Power/Crit/Recov are your big ticket stats. You can't go wrong with a little bit of defensive stats also.

All right. What about deflect and life steal?
  • Options
    therandomdutchtherandomdutch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could you post what At Will, Encounters, Dailies and Class featured you have on your bar. For both PVE snd PVP?

Love the guid btw thank you so much <3

Amaya
  • Options
    imagine321imagine321 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im lvl 33 GF and loving your guide, I can easy 1vs2 anyone at i best i 1vs3 and take out 2 of them. OP build.

I have a problem in dungeons though, im trying to tank but I can't hold agro on all. Sometimes i even lose agro with taunt and mark... our cleric tanks all the ads because of that... Any tips for me on have to tank? Want to be usefull in PVE, even though im 2nd at DPS anyway we need a tank too.
  • Options
    seariouslyseariously Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What ability scores did you initially roll, how do you feel about half-orc as a race and rolling 16 con, 16 str, and 16 dex for more offensive ability score? would you do this for more crit damage as half orc? or is the human still better all around?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Could you post what At Will, Encounters, Dailies and Class featured you have on your bar. For both PVE snd PVP?

Love the guid btw thank you so much <3

Amaya

PvE: Dailies are Villian's Menace and Fighter's Recovery. Encounters vary but for most of the dungeon it's Lunging Strike, Enforced Threat, and Frontline Surge.

PvP: Doesn't change much. I trade out Fighter's Recovery for Indomitable Strength and take out Enforced Threat for Bull Rush.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvE: Dailies are Villian's Menace and Fighter's Recovery. Encounters vary but for most of the dungeon it's Lunging Strike, Enforced Threat, and Frontline Surge.

PvP: Doesn't change much. I trade out Fighter's Recovery for Indomitable Strength and take out Enforced Threat for Bull Rush.

Just hit 60 today.

After some experimentation I took out points in Supremacy of steel. Didnt find it very useful due to Villian's menance / fighters Recovery / Terrifying impact being alot better in PVE. Decided to go for 3/3 Into the Fray + 3/3 Ferocious Reaction.

Iron Warrior is pretty garbage though.. The temp hp you get even at critical health is not even worth it and each point in it only gives +1 sec. Into the fray is pretty much a one point wonder though, but more points are fine(+2 run speed each level)
  • Options
    sumnzsumnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I R confus. Everyone talks about needing like 9,5 gear rating to do tier 2 epics. On my guardian fighter, with less than 50k AD spent, I have welfare epiced my way to 11k gear score, and I still feel their junk. Havent done a single epic yet, is this score really all I need to worry about?

Also how broken are the mechanics when the ideal boss fighter is the rogue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sumnz wrote: »
    I R confus. Everyone talks about needing like 9,5 gear rating to do tier 2 epics. On my guardian fighter, with less than 50k AD spent, I have welfare epiced my way to 11k gear score, and I still feel their junk. Havent done a single epic yet, is this score really all I need to worry about?

Also how broken are the mechanics when the ideal boss fighter is the rogue.

Guardian Fighters get an inflated GS due to our Conqueror Spec.

Youtube Channel