test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Down May 12

Comments

• pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday's 3 hours of downtime wasn't good enough, they had to take it down today, and then again tomorrow... Honestly, what kind of ****ty hardware are you running this on?

Oh what kind of hardware are you running for the MMO you developed? How many players are playing it as well?
  • cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    rawr11111 wrote: »
    Okay, so they had a typo in the launcher saying it was the 13th, okay, we didn't have an in-game message. Fact remains, issues need to be fixed, be glad they are fixing it. No ?

Thing is, if they don't down the servers to fix issues, people will complain that issues aren't getting fixed. If they down the server to fix issues, people will complain that the servers are down.

So considering this, why would they care about whining ?

They need to do this maintenance, regardless of what you think about it or what happens. Now you can continue griping over it, or you can do something else in the meantime.

Just so you know, I do think it's a shame too, I'm on the last stretch to 60 and I would like to get it done today. But I'm adult enough not to dwell over it and to find some new music on tube :]

Buddy, I've no gripe with them doing a maintenance. You are rambling about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I haven't even said. So don't mind if I dismissively shrug it off.
  • sneeksneek Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »
    How utterly abhorrent of you to wish something so terrible upon someone!

Here's hoping the mods take swift & decisive action against posts like the above.

LOL, Add you to the pit you moron! Another fanboy for the fire!
    Guardian Founder position in queue:187,978 with 2+ hrs. wait time. So glad I supported PWE and...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jabeazjabeaz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrept wrote: »
    Stop being complacent. It's the consumer's "job" to point out mistakes like these in hope that they won't be repeated in the future.
    I don't think people here are whining about the maintenance. We're only pointing out that there was a screw up on PW's part.

That's precisely right. This is BETA, the point of beta is user feedback. If you wanna be a fanboi go play STO.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every one needs to calm down and go spend time with your mothers.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • xienesthisxienesthis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lostravn wrote: »
    Dragon just went down and the response was "Server unavailable"

That just sucks mate
  • crapjackscrapjacks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jezus how long now? :cool:
    When did they go down 30min ago?

And the f*** sake i'am a Guardian not pwe.Must i change it my self orwhat.
  • grimlopergrimloper Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    i surprised also
    but than instead of whining or crying like a baby, i just checked the "PINNED" threads on the forum
    it took 5 seconds to figure out there was maintenance

i guess its too hard or complicated for you to figure out what's going on around ya..

I guess you think it's normal design philosophy for an MMO that supports instanced areas to require their customer to check forums for server announcements before logging into a game? (Because the other established mechanisms - Launcher News and Admin announcements shouldn't be considered reliable).

All progress in any instanced area is now gone... wasting time.
  • blackibisblackibis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing that pisses me of a little is that I can not find a server status page.
    Maybe I am too dumb to see.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love people who think PW owe them perfect uptime, muffins and cake. Truth is, individually, they don't give a **** about all of you who are complaining about it. There are issues they need to fix and it's very obvious to me and I am glad they are doing it. EVEN IF I HADN'T NOTICED THE DOWNTIME WARNINGS AS WELL! PW doesn't owe me ****, and I respect them for publishing and taking care of a game I enjoy playing :]

This thread should get closed.

Way to be a jerk. Launcher had the wrong date listed, we had no in game warning, and forums have trouble loading after the game shuts down from some many people logging into them to see what is going on. I also have no problem with them shutting the game down to fix stuff, but its also totally understandable for people to wonder if it crashed.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • xienesthisxienesthis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sneek wrote: »
    LOL, Add you to the pit you moron! Another fanboy for the fire!

whahahahhahahahhahah
  • desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Incompetent useless fools. Are you SO bad at running a shard system that you need to take the servers down for 3+ hours every day? Guess we already know the answer.....
  • rawr11111rawr11111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, just to see if I got it right...
    The not-so-hidden agenda of PWE, in their never-ending war against this game is :
    maintenance on holidays and Saturdays, crashes on Sundays, overpowered bosses and mad-level respawn rates to force us to buy the most expensive equipment or enchantments, and, finally, frightening pricetags on the most basic commodities like bank or character slots ...
    Did I forgot anything ?

-Maintenance on Holidays and Saturdays: If they do it it's because they need to.
    -Crashes on Sundays: Game has been out for a little over 2 weeks now. They said themselves they didn't expect its popularity. Today's maintenance is to enhance their network to further reduce chances of it happening.
    -Overpowered Bosses: Perhaps you need to rethink strategy and how you play ? I'm clearing instances solo healing at 56 no problem. I've had a hard time getting used to it but I'm fine now. This game is harder than most MMO's and that's fine with me.
    -Respawn rates: Dude. I do not want to wait 5 hours to get my quest items because 12 other people are farming the same mobs I am. You're not forced to buy anything either, I've invested 20$ and I'm very happy with what I got. Considering I invested over 300$ on Rift for monthly costs, I'm pretty happy with it.
    -Frightening Pricetags: PWE is a company. Companies need money to sustain themselves. Every single goal a company has is geared towards making it financially sustainable. Thing is, you do not have to buy these things, PWE gave you the option not to. (Game will be harder, but it's still doable. It's named commodities for a reason. It's not necessities.)
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess I'm unique. I actually get out of bed, make coffee and browse the forums while I pry my eyes open. For some reason though, when I did log into the game after reading here that there would be maintenance, I thought the launcher said today too. Maybe my eyes weren't open enough, I don't know.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Wow it didn't take long for the, "It's BETA" thing to get thrown in there.

*facepalm*

So what you're saying is, nobody should bring up any problems and let the game go live with no feedback whatsoever. That way when people complain when it's live and they're dumping hundreds of dollars into a buggy *** game... Cryptic can say, 'well nobody brought that up in beta'. Instead of reporting it, still not having it fixed but putting the burden of responsbility on Cryptic instead of the beta testing community? Or did I just make your head explode? Sorry I need to realize most people who play mmos have no IQ I appologize.
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Way to be a jerk. Launcher had the wrong date listed, we had no in game warning, and forums have trouble loading after the game shuts down from some many people logging into them to see what is going on. I also have no problem with them shutting the game down to fix stuff, but its also totally understandable for people to wonder if it crashed.

Very much so. This is why Dezstravus posted saying there was a maintenance, so people don't wonder if it crashed. It may not have been handled perfectly, I have to agree on that, but it's funny to see so many people spit on PWE while they are probably trying to log back in every 20 seconds or so :]
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    Whenever you supply a service , free or not fee , you have to take care of your customers , if you hope they invest in your company.

Currently , with this new mmo of theirs , they are also hitting their other customers. Everytime there is an issue with Neverwinter ; STO and CO is down as well.

Personally , doing proactive work , dont do it on prime days , like weekends as it is Pro active so they dont even kno wether or not it will solve issues.

I do question their professionalism and suspect they go for money , as they put their beta mmo on the same servers as STO and CO.

I think they would have less complaints if STO would still be running for example everytime there is an issue due to Neverwinter.
  • mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jabeaz wrote: »
    So what you're saying is, nobody should bring up any problems and let the game go live with no feedback whatsoever. That way when people complain when it's live and they're dumping hundreds of dollars into a buggy *** game... Cryptic can say, 'well nobody brought that up in beta'. Instead of reporting it, still not having it fixed but putting the burden of responsbility on Cryptic instead of the beta testing community? Or did I just make your head explode? Sorry I need to realize most people who play mmos have no IQ I appologize.

Nah. I think we should bring up issues we see, but the "Beta" excuse doesn't work anymore, since this is hardly a beta in the traditional sense.
    They're already taking your money, the product's already been launched.
  • captainhologramcaptainhologram Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The maintenance announcement yesterday was fair enough:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?229441-Network-Maintenance-6AM-on-5-12-13-Pacific-Time

There are many other good games to play while we wait. Its not as if there is nothing to do!
    =/\= ==================== =/\=
    William Sinclair, USS Andalusia
    Exploration Division, Alpha Squadron
    12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets

=/\= ==================== =/\=
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, just to see if I got it right...
    The not-so-hidden agenda of PWE, in their never-ending war against this game is :
    maintenance on holidays and Saturdays, crashes on Sundays, overpowered bosses and mad-level respawn rates to force us to buy the most expensive equipment or enchantments, and, finally, frightening pricetags on the most basic commodities like bank or character slots ...
    Did I forgot anything ?
    1) Boring 2 map PvP system that pays $$$ (in AD) to AFK'ers. AFK v AFK anyone? bot v bot?
    2) Dungeon loot system that strongly rewards <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 'team mates', again in $$$
    It's like they are subsidizing the very worst aspects of human nature in this game; sloth and greed being at the top. Great way to build a community!
    Cheers,
    edited May 2013
    -Maintenance on Holidays and Saturdays: If they do it it's because they need to.
    -Crashes on Sundays: Game has been out for a little over 2 weeks now. They said themselves they didn't expect its popularity. Today's maintenance is to enhance their network to further reduce chances of it happening.
    -Overpowered Bosses: Perhaps you need to rethink strategy and how you play ? I'm clearing instances solo healing at 56 no problem. I've had a hard time getting used to it but I'm fine now. This game is harder than most MMO's and that's fine with me.
    -Respawn rates: Dude. I do not want to wait 5 hours to get my quest items because 12 other people are farming the same mobs I am. You're not forced to buy anything either, I've invested 20$ and I'm very happy with what I got. Considering I invested over 300$ on Rift for monthly costs, I'm pretty happy with it.
    -Frightening Pricetags: PWE is a company. Companies need money to sustain themselves. Every single goal a company has is geared towards making it financially sustainable. Thing is, you do not have to buy these things, PWE gave you the option not to. (Game will be harder, but it's still doable. It's named commodities for a reason. It's not necessities.)

With regards to your last bullet point, I'm going to assume this is your Cryptic/PWE game. Because they have a habit of creating the pay to win system. They spend more time trying to figure out how to get people like you and me to spend money than they do making a quality product. So, if this is your first game with the company, I hope they do it different.. however I don't see them changing anything. "Need to make money" I keep seeing people say that. Yes they need to make money, however there's a difference between, "making a profit" and being overly greedy. Just ask the oil companies.
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Its the year 2013....read it man its May 12th 2013. Read!
    edited May 2013
    Buddy, I've no gripe with them doing a maintenance. You are rambling about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I haven't even said. So don't mind if I dismissively shrug it off.

Let me reassure you, I don't mind :] And I'm sorry if I implied something I misunderstood
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?229441-Network-Maintenance-6AM-on-5-12-13-Pacific-Time&p=3037292&viewfull=1#post3037292
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All - Apologies for the lack of in-game warnings, and for the incorrect date listed in the Launcher. Both of these were errors on our side. We'll do our best to make sure that these are in place and correct for future downtimes. Thanks for reporting these issues, and thank you for your support!
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
    edited May 2013
    mrept wrote: »
    Nah. I think we should bring up issues we see, but the "Beta" excuse doesn't work anymore, since this is hardly a beta in the traditional sense.
    They're already taking your money, the product's already been launched.

Oh it's a beta in the traditional sense trust that. However, everybody needs to take a few minutes during all this downtime to research some of PWE/Cryptics other games and realize, it's all about money. They had a closed beta, they moved into 'open beta' which is an excuse to go 'live', charge for their product and still have the excuse 'the game sucks because it's in beta'. See I'm not a fanboy, nor do I believe they'll actually fix anything. However those of us who 'report' issues during this 'beta' can then get on the forums once they go 'live' and say, 'well we brought this up in beta obviously it wasn't important enough to fix'.
  • offkhochioffkhochi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance agian in Sundays !!! last time Saturdays !!!!

WTF This !!!!
  • redallexyeahredallexyeah Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jabeaz wrote: »
    Oh it's a beta in the traditional sense trust that. However, everybody needs to take a few minutes during all this downtime to research some of PWE/Cryptics other games and realize, it's all about money. They had a closed beta, they moved into 'open beta' which is an excuse to go 'live', charge for their product and still have the excuse 'the game sucks because it's in beta'. See I'm not a fanboy, nor do I believe they'll actually fix anything. However those of us who 'report' issues during this 'beta' can then get on the forums once they go 'live' and say, 'well we brought this up in beta obviously it wasn't important enough to fix'.

This is essentially the reason why I have a rule never to buy any in-game currency for such games. They'll eventually die out, and my money will have been wasted. You make a lot of good points, sir/madame. Kudos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Through wisdom, people find strength. Through strength, power. Through power, truth of character.

Such is the cycle, and so it shall remain.
  • skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    on the main thread that stated clearly the maintenance was today they have apologized for the error in the patcher info and no in game warning.

what I am wondering is why you started this since the maintenance thread is right on top of this page you could have looked before stating the servers crashed, but I have learned over the years that most people live in a world where once something happens that messes with their sch, life etc they are quick to rush to assumptions rather than finding out the facts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
    edited May 2013
    This is essentially the reason why I have a rule never to buy any in-game currency for such games. They'll eventually die out, and my money will have been wasted. You make a lot of good points, sir/madame. Kudos.

So you will never invest in an xbox 360 game because your fun will eventually die out ? I should have never invested monthly fees in Rift even though I had an absolute blast playing it (My interest died at some point) ? I don't know :p Again, investing 20$ in neverwinter goes a long way and supports development, even if PWE is a greedy egoistical company :p