test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Down May 12

cloudspidercloudspider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is the server down?
Post edited by cloudspider on

Comments

• ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • amaranth79amaranth79 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beholder just went down and I'm unable to login for "An unknown reason." x) Drat.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Same here. I was just booted to the login screen and now it says I can't login for "An unknown reason" too.

Guess I should spend time with mom instead of playing NW. /sigh
  • bazuskabazuska Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was in the best pug i've ever joined lair of the mad dragon had 2 CW's + 2 TR and a tank all brought companion clerics we had boss at 10% on first attempt and then server takes a dump.....Truly epic group shame the server went down ;(

Morgan Le faye
  • rexbomberrexbomber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »

We didn't get any in game notifications about the server being brought down, and on the launcher it says the 13th not the 12th, so why would we expect it to be down? He's perfectly fine in asking, no need to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it.
  • markbrennanmarkbrennan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice to be given some advanced server warning in game.... so you dont get DC'd when a dungeon final boss is down to 20%....
  • raize76raize76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not even the 13th yet in America and yes, 'Server unavailable'
  • cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013

An ingame warning for the people who don't hog the forums all the time would've been nice...

But yeah, writing is hard too, amirite? lol
  • idontcarescratchidontcarescratch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amaranth79 wrote: »
    Beholder just went down and I'm unable to login for "An unknown reason." x) Drat.

Just got booted off Mindflayer (EU). Can't get back in.
  • amaranth79amaranth79 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ What this guy said.

Edit: What raize76 said. Notification was for the 13th on the Launcher, and no in-game warning.
  • xienesthisxienesthis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the server down?

Yep just got kicked when on last boss in a dungeon.

Someone in the office must of knocked the server over again.
    edited May 2013
    wait..they put the wrong date on the launcher didn't they
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I heard reading was hard.
    Being a smartass obviously is as well.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • dude12349dude12349 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Launcher apparently had the wrong date for the maintenance... so hopefully that means it won't be doing maintenance tomorrow the 13th... However, I would have prefer maint on a Monday rather than the weekend. Assuming the service was going to limp along today.
  • daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So why do they let us know about the maint tomorrow (the 13th) on the launcher, but say nothing about today (the 12th)?
  • karalius73karalius73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance :p
  • slashwristtslashwristt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 3m
    Network Maintenance for Cryptic games begins! @Neverwintergame, @Trekonlinegame, and @ChampionsFFA will be unavailable for approx. 90 min

from their twitter
  • justicebringer3justicebringer3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daxx360 wrote: »
    So why do they let us know about the maint tomorrow (the 13th) on the launcher, but say nothing about today (the 12th)?
    Whoever put the notice on the launcher typo'd.
  • zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • awsomethalogawsomethalog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the servers going down is becoming an almost daily thing...
    I dont get a whole lot of time to play, it seems like when i have a day off the servers crash or theres maintenece.
    im sad now, im so far behind my guildmates ill never catch up
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Updated 6AM Pacific Time: Maintenance has started!

learn 2 read forums people
    its scheduled maintenance
    edited May 2013
    The forum post actually says 05 12 13 which is a TERRIBLE way of writing a date and yes on the launcher, it was 13th.
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Devs, it would be nice if there was an in game system admin warning say 5 minutes before server down time.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • janetsnakeholejanetsnakehole Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They do maintenance every day around this time.
  • shock4ndaweshock4ndawe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The patcher says the 13th, not the 12th. Way to go Cryptic.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 3m
    Network Maintenance for Cryptic games begins! @Neverwintergame, @Trekonlinegame, and @ChampionsFFA will be unavailable for approx. 90 min

from their twitter
    Most people don't use twitter, there is a thread about it here BUT the launcher said it was tomorrow and there wasn't ANY in game warning.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • syrchsyrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kind of sad they can't get the right date in the launcher, and no in game warning at all. What a screw up.
  • mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    learn 2 read forums people
    its scheduled maintenance

Why would I read the forum when the launcher said maintenance was tomorrow? And there were no in-game warnings whatsoever?
    Not really surprised people thought it was a crash.
  • cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind having a maintenance, but better communication would be nice. It's not fun when you are FINALLY in the dungeon you queued for a little while, just to be booted out because someone who is getting PAID to do their job, is obviously slacking.
  • fridgefighterfridgefighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why it is so hard to warn people in-game about the maintenance..... They did it before, so why not now?