Server Down May 12

Comments

• tomasvettomasvet Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »

the launcher stated the patching was due for tomorrow the 13th
  • redallexyeahredallexyeah Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm all for them doing maintenance but man.. They picked a terrible time to do it. You'd think they'd at least wait until like.. Noon. That way people can have their coffee and breakfast before getting angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Through wisdom, people find strength. Through strength, power. Through power, truth of character.

Such is the cycle, and so it shall remain.
  • rawr11111rawr11111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From Destravus (However it's written, for those that find post jumping and 2 minutes of research a little too hard)

Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time
    Hey Everyone,

We'll be doing network maintenance on Sunday Morning (5.12.13) at 6AM Pacific time. We expect the maintenance to take 90 minutes but will keep you in the loop if it is extended or finishes earlier.

This maintenance is part of a proactive effort to increase server uptime and further prevent additional outages moving forward. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we continually work towards addressing these issues.

Thank you!

-Dezstravus

Updated 6AM Pacific Time: Maintenance has started!

I love people who think PW owe them perfect uptime, muffins and cake. Truth is, individually, they don't give a **** about all of you who are complaining about it. There are issues they need to fix and it's very obvious to me and I am glad they are doing it. EVEN IF I HADN'T NOTICED THE DOWNTIME WARNINGS AS WELL! PW doesn't owe me ****, and I respect them for publishing and taking care of a game I enjoy playing :]

This thread should get closed.
  • teodorchooteodorchoo Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Launcher says 13th.. and we didnt even get notice ingame.
  • xienesthisxienesthis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice if this wasn't done on weekends when people are off work and want too play. Weekdays when peopel are working would make more sence.
  • sneeksneek Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »

And is it that hard to have an in game notice? So we are all supposed to come to the forums BEFORE playing to find out if we are going to have maintenance/down time? Oh wait, the patcher DOES say maintenance ON 5/13, TOMORROW! You're a moron.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fanboys like you should die in a fire.
    Guardian Founder position in queue:187,978 with 2+ hrs. wait time. So glad I supported PWE and...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    rawr11111 wrote: »
    From Destravus (However it's written, for those that find post jumping and 2 minutes of research a little too hard)

Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time
    Hey Everyone,

We'll be doing network maintenance on Sunday Morning (5.12.13) at 6AM Pacific time. We expect the maintenance to take 90 minutes but will keep you in the loop if it is extended or finishes earlier.

This maintenance is part of a proactive effort to increase server uptime and further prevent additional outages moving forward. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we continually work towards addressing these issues.

Thank you!

-Dezstravus

Updated 6AM Pacific Time: Maintenance has started!

I love people who think PW owe them perfect uptime, muffins and cake. Truth is, individually, they don't give a **** about all of you who are complaining about it. There are issues they need to fix and it's very obvious to me and I am glad they are doing it. EVEN IF I HADN'T NOTICED THE DOWNTIME WARNINGS AS WELL! PW doesn't owe me ****, and I respect them for publishing and taking care of a game I enjoy playing :]

An ingame message. None? Bad service, hence we whine.
  • awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice to get an announcement like 15mins in advance in game so we don't start on something we can't finish. We could have set our professions on long duration tasks to take advantage of the downtime if we knew in advance. Bah! :(
  • kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday's 3 hours of downtime wasn't good enough, they had to take it down today, and then again tomorrow... Honestly, what kind of ****ty hardware are you running this on?
  • belmathias2013belmathias2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I login, I look for messages on the launcher window. I DO NOT go out to twitter and/or the forums every time I want to login to see if the servers are up.

In this case, the date on the launcher window clearly says "May 13th". So a significant typo there. I did not expect the server to drop, and hope the stuff I was moving from my inventory to my bank is not lost. This maintenance should also should have been accompanied by in-game broadcasts. This is basic courtesy that should be shown to us by the developer. I guess PW hasn't learned this yet even after CO, STO, and now Neverwinter?
  • bl00dzeusbl00dzeus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apart from all the obvious things people have mentioned (ingame notice/weekend/patcher wrong) why isnt the status page correct if its planned ? http://pwi.perfectworld.com/status
    Its the first place i check, not played long but its not been correct yet.

EDIT: nevermind, wrong link it seems. Is there a nw. one ?
  • meirelesnmeirelesn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? On Sunday? *sigh*
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    mrept wrote: »
    Why would I read the forum when the launcher said maintenance was tomorrow? And there were no in-game warnings whatsoever?
    Not really surprised people thought it was a crash.

i surprised also
    but than instead of whining or crying like a baby, i just checked the "PINNED" threads on the forum
    it took 5 seconds to figure out there was maintenance

i guess its too hard or complicated for you to figure out what's going on around ya..
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    learn 2 read forums people
    its scheduled maintenance
    The wast majority probably don't read the forums, the launcher said it was tomorrow.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • stickyexstickyex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Honestly I think they are trying to keep the servers down as long as possible over the double AD weekend.

Yes! What a nasty thing to do, purposely bringing servers down on a double AD day, thats a load of bull right there.
  • xienesthisxienesthis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I login, I look for messages on the launcher window. I DO NOT go out to twitter and/or the forums every time I want to login to see if the servers are up.
    ?

Same for me though personally I hardley come on forums becuse i can't be arsed flicking through all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and pontless posts and bull**** peopel post too find out what i wana know.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i surprised also
    but than instead of whining or crying like a baby, i just checked the "PINNED" threads on the forum

i guess its too hard or complicated for you to figure out what's going on around ya..
    Stop being a ******.
  • fridgefighterfridgefighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i surprised also

You're going all mental against him while he makes a very valid point.... An in-game warning is at least appropriate, I would have no single complaint if there was one.
  • stevemarsh36stevemarsh36 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly don't think Ive ever known a company be so idiotic as to do a maintenance on a Sunday afternoon. What kind of mickey mouse operation is this
  • vaaso189vaaso189 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The stupidity of people arguing that it was totally cool to not have an in-game warning gives me a massive migraine.
    He said my story was cool. And he called me bro.
    edited May 2013
    i surprised also

and this is another reason why i dont come on forums... arseholes and trolls and girly cat fighting
  • rawr11111rawr11111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An ingame message. None? Bad service, hence we whine.

Okay, so they had a typo in the launcher saying it was the 13th, okay, we didn't have an in-game message. Fact remains, issues need to be fixed, be glad they are fixing it. No ?

Thing is, if they don't down the servers to fix issues, people will complain that issues aren't getting fixed. If they down the server to fix issues, people will complain that the servers are down.

So considering this, why would they care about whining ?

They need to do this maintenance, regardless of what you think about it or what happens. Now you can continue griping over it, or you can do something else in the meantime.

Just so you know, I do think it's a shame too, I'm on the last stretch to 60 and I would like to get it done today. But I'm adult enough not to dwell over it and to find some new music on tube :]
  • amanequessiamanequessi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, just to see if I got it right...
    The not-so-hidden agenda of PWE, in their never-ending war against this game is :
    maintenance on holidays and Saturdays, crashes on Sundays, overpowered bosses and mad-level respawn rates to force us to buy the most expensive equipment or enchantments, and, finally, frightening pricetags on the most basic commodities like bank or character slots ...
    Did I forgot anything ?
  • c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    sneek wrote: »
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fanboys like you should die in a fire.

How utterly abhorrent of you to wish something so terrible upon someone!

Here's hoping the mods take swift & decisive action against posts like the above.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday's 3 hours of downtime wasn't good enough, they had to take it down today, and then again tomorrow... Honestly, what kind of ****ty hardware are you running this on?

Do you live in Australia/New Zealand? That way I know whether to give credence to the down tomorrow thing, since they do live in the future.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • lostravnlostravn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon just went down and the response was "Server unavailable"
  • mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i surprised also

Stop being complacent. It's the consumer's "job" to point out mistakes like these in hope that they won't be repeated in the future.
    I don't think people here are whining about the maintenance. We're only pointing out that there was a screw up on PW's part.
  • jabeazjabeaz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I swear sometimes I think Cryptic is 1 coder living in a basement. How can a game even in beta that had this much pretense go down daily, even multiple times per day? They didn't do much better with STO either.
  • ultraxanatovultraxanatov Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, just to see if I got it right...
    The not-so-hidden agenda of PWE, in their never-ending war against this game is :
    maintenance on holidays and Saturdays, crashes on Sundays, overpowered bosses and mad-level respawn rates to force us to buy the most expensive equipment or enchantments, and, finally, frightening pricetags on the most basic commodities like bank or character slots ...
    Did I forgot anything ?

It's like this game was made to be released 10 years ago.
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »
    How utterly abhorrent of you to wish something so terrible upon someone!

Here's hoping the mods take swift & decisive action against posts like the above.
    I agree, that's too harsh - I've decided just to put the apologists on ignore instead, it's usually always the same people defending everything pw does.