Install Arc

Server Down May 12

124»

Comments

• flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rawr11111 wrote: »
    I should have never invested monthly fees in Rift

I don't know about you, but I deeply regret the money I wasted on that game :(

As for this one, I've no intention of spending money on it, yet. Not only do I not need to, I think many of the prices in the Zen Store are too high.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • jabeazjabeaz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gotta say that they really outdid themselves this time by making the ingame currency basically absolutely worthless and making everything based off AD and Zen, which you can get only by buying zen and selling AD, farming massive amounts of rough AD to refine, get items to sell on the AH for AD, etc etc. The one thing I did like about STO was the ability to farm out in game currency to buy zen items on the AH, like the lockbox ships, true they were massively expensive.. but ingame currency takes almost no time to farm out if you're at end game, and since almost all the lockbox ships were end game ships anyway there really wasn't a problem. It's showing a whole new face of greed from this company, they truly outdid themselves. "You can do surveys for free zen" yeah if you can qualify for them, and waste an hour filling one out to have it bug out and not award any zen. I have an active sub with SWTOR and it's f2p now, however a sub gets access to everything their store is purely cosmetic or to give f2p a sub's permissions. I see no problem with that platform. In fact I applaud bioware for not 'joining the fold' and making a pay to win game.

All of those free to play unlocks are available on the auction house as well for in game currency so someone who farmed enough could bypass spending money all together. You get a game like STO though, you spend a sub fee every month for what? Nothing nobody else gets except the silly vet rewards and a stipend, you'd get more just spending the sub fee on zen. I am playing Neverwinter because the series of games were some of the best I played, the storyline in this one is lacking the gameplay is lacking and I don't see myself sticking with it long. Cryptic/PWE I hope you guys realize that the majority of the people who deal with your games for any amount of time are tired of the same greed concept you've adopted into all of them. Neverwinter really deserves better.
  • teodorchooteodorchoo Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I guess they made a mistype on launcher by saying its on 13th
  • raize76raize76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what I bet..there will be maintenance on the 13th at 6AM as well!!
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but I deeply regret the money I wasted on that game :(

As for this one, I've no intention of spending money on it, yet. Not only do I not need to, I think many of the prices in the Zen Store are too high.

Sorry but Rift ****s all over this ten fold.

Also people should really read this. Puts the whole cash grab into perspective: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1dry0g/neverwinters_f2p_model_what_you_need_to_know/
  • mklein2836mklein2836 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    and with no warning at all. I did however have the "pleasure" of seeing two back to back someone got a horsie messages on screen. Those frickin things seriously need to go
  • grimlopergrimloper Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raize76 wrote: »
    You know what I bet..there will be maintenance on the 13th at 6AM as well!!

According to Twitter they don't, it's a misprint. https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/333575120109051904
  • jabeazjabeaz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    Sorry but Rift ****s all over this ten fold.

Also people should really read this. Puts the whole cash grab into perspective: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1dry0g/neverwinters_f2p_model_what_you_need_to_know/

Thank you, I'm glad the redditors see what I'm saying. Always an informed and intelligent bunch as far as I'm concerned.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    grimloper wrote: »
    According to Twitter they don't, it's a misprint. https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/333575120109051904
    So?

The other maintenances weren't announced days ahead either so chances are they will have another one just to annoy us.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • quietavaquietava Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heh I'm getting used to not being able to play in the afternoon. too bad I usually play the old republic in the evening. *whistles*

either way, since the topic about in-game currency came up... I have no idea what to spend my gold on except horsies and crafting stuff. since the servers are offline anyway, maybe someone can give me some ideas while we wait :P