test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What classes would you like to see in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    personally, i know it wont ever happen as its not a forgotten realms class, the artificer its a steam punky cross between a rouge and a mage and has a pet companion. loved it in DDO and was sad to hear it wont ever be here.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Warlock obviously, cant wait for this class, will be my main more than likely

2. Shaman. Not a WoW shaman w/totems, an EQ1 type shaman, dots, debuffs, utility heals, buffs, aoe dot dmg

3. Mage w/summon pets - specs for earth, fire, water, air
  • Options
    frez3hfrez3h Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too bad this is not eberron because I would love an Artificier. But because it is not, perhaps some Ranger class options would be nice.
  • Options
    azrahielazrahiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Druid all the way.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    1. Warlock obviously, cant wait for this class, will be my main more than likely

2. Shaman. Not a WoW shaman w/totems, an EQ1 type shaman, dots, debuffs, utility heals, buffs, aoe dot dmg

3. Mage w/summon pets - specs for earth, fire, water, air
    Yeah... it's not like they can just invent classes, the classes in the game has to be in the rulebook (all the current ones are).
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    layol692k7layol692k7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger or a psionic class would be epic
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only one class for me really... BARBARIAN!

A true 2-handed dps class.
  • Options
    airbornestrangerairbornestranger Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see a shapeshifter druid class
  • Options
    maxpoweryomaxpoweryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kensai like in bg2 would be nice.
  • Options
    kronmyrkronmyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Considering the developers need to utilize the current class "structure" in Neverwinter, I'd like to see the following:

1. Hexblade (Gloompact) Warlock
    -This would be a true hybrid melee/ranged single target DPS/off-tank...not better than either, but able to adapt as needed. This would also allow the introduction of a Whip weapon, as the Gloompact Hexblade utilizes a scourge of sorts. The TAB special ability would be a "Curse" of sorts that bestows a benefit when the enemy dies. This class would fill a "fifth wheel" niche...able to off-tank, melee dps, or range dps as needed (passably well, but not as well as a focused class).

2. Shaman
    -A summon-based leader similar to the Ritualist in Guild Wars, I envision the ability to use "Fire and Forget" healing and harmful spirits. This class would need to be squishier than Clerics, but "hands free healing" and the ability to contribute from afar by utilizing upclose spirits would balance it out. Not sure what the TAB ability could be.

3. Monk
    -This would be difficult to balance properly, but I envision a hybrid Rogue/GWF...a squishier, close AOE DPS with several dashes/teleports to get in, explode in a burst, then get out. The TAB ability could, for a limited time, give an AOE quality to all of the monk attacks (simulating "Flurry of Blows"). The ultimate close range minion killer.

4. Paladin
    -This would be easy. Just mix the GF with Cleric for a solid, front-line hybrid tank/healer. Include encounter "Smites" for burst DPS, and have the TAB ability function as a short range heal (Lay on Hands).

5. Assassin
    -This would also be difficult, as the Rogue fills a similar niche. However, I envision a hybrid Rogue/Wizard skirmisher with a heavy emphasis on control. The TAB ability could add Shrouds, which stack up to four and enable options for Encounter powers. I envision the Assassin acting as the ideal Tank friend...single target pulling, immobilizing, etc.

Realistically, I see the following being included shortly:

1. Ranged Ranger (Ranged DPS)
    -As squishy as a Rogue, but able to DPS from afar. Arrows everywhere!

2. Ranged Warlock (Ranged Debuff)
    -As squishy as a Wizard, focused on single target DPS and Debuff. Lots of life steal.
  • Options
    solmaniansolmanian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I would like to see Paladin and Ranger. I know Ranger is said to be the next class but, since it is not in game yet, it is still a valid answer.

Same here, those are my favorite classes. I'm a founder, but before they add those classes I don't see a reason to play the game... Very dissapointed they weren't part of the starter classes. Fighter, wizard, rogue and cleric? This isn't first edition...
  • Options
    agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets take a look at 4th editions Player handbook. what is missing from it?

Races: Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, Thiefling.
    so Dragonborn and Eladrin is missing.

Classes:
    Cleric (battle cleric, devoted cleric)
    Fighter(Great weapon fighter, Guardian fighter)
    Paladin(Avenging paladin, Protecting paladin)
    Ranger(Archer ranger, Two-blade ranger)
    Rogue(Brawny rogue, Trickster rogue)
    Warlock(deceptive warlock, scourge warlock)
    Warlord(Inspiring Warlord, Tactical Warlord)
    Wizard (Control wizard, War Wizard)
  • Options
    solmaniansolmanian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Making the paladin simply a mix of cleric and fighter, IMHO is the worst thing they can do. The paladin needs to feel unique. From my perspective, a paladin is the ultimate solo class: a strong front line warrior who can also handle heals. Sure he could be specced as tank easily, but also as a crusader that dishes out smites like they're going out of style.
    I'm not sure I like the seperation between guardian fighter and big weapon fighter... It feels like you're allready shoe horned into a role you'll be forced to play before you even started playing.
    A ranger is also a class I'm looking forward to, been playing one since 2nd edition... Should be allowed to choose between front line dps monster with dual wielding, or long range striker.

In short I'd like to see flexibility in the class system. Allow the player build the charecter he wants to play, with the class system providing direction not railroading him...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    In 4th edition players handbook 2:

Races: Deva, Gnome, Goliath, Half-orc, Shifter
    only the half-orc is here.

Classes: Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer and Warden
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    race: dragonborn
    Class: monk and maybe paladin. and total pie in the sky one, kensai.

we have 3 melee characters and they use a huge sword, a longsword and daggers that are the size of shortswords? maybe some variety.
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really want a monk most of all. And a druid or a bard would be fun to play.
  • Options
    snafu8snafu8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey, anyone knows what class do they have in mind to do next? i mean the one you cant chose to be ur character on character creation selection, and also what race? (that monk looking guy with cape)
  • Options
    unmessiahunmessiah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly instead of more base classes and paragon paths i'd like to see prestige classes. I propose they range from 60-70
    Mage : Archemage or arcane archer
    Rouge: Assassin (duh)
    Cleric: WarPreist / Priest of the Unhindered Path(little to no offensive supplements just pure Healing power )
    GW fighter: Weapons master / Legendary Dread-naught
    Ranger: Not sure.

Classes i hope they add and maybe prestige classes for them

Paladin(one can only hope) : Divine emmisary
    Monk: (Pretty please PW and Cryptic) : Druken Master / Psionic Fist
    Bard: Doom caller (I made this one up similar powers to that of a banshee DoT , stuns and Sonic attacks)
    Psionist: No idea
    Druid: Natures warrior
    Note: 3.5 Prestiege classes not 4E like game becuase i hated 4th E
  • Options
    truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snafu8 wrote: »
    hey, anyone knows what class do they have in mind to do next? i mean the one you cant chose to be ur character on character creation selection, and also what race? (that monk looking guy with cape)
    It's speculation but its likely the next class will either be Ranger or Warlock. As for the race I think the robe is just to hide the shape of the new race.
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also a Psion would be cool
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    in 4th edition prestige classes was replaced with paragon paths basically. But was quite a lot of them to
  • Options
    sabertooth79sabertooth79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see Paladin FTW !!! :D
  • Options
    nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    kharnagex wrote: »
    A ****ing real cleric god ******!!!!

Yes, a proper cleric.
    Also, druid and bard.
    And an actual Wizard.
  • Options
    karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Swordmage, warlord, warden and barbarian. Swordmage could be so awesome in this game.

We also need Goliaths and dragonborn and eladrin, like, now.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Druid
    Combat Mage.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Paladin, Hexblade Warlock, Archer (I want my bows god **** it), a Rogue that uses a hand-crossbow, and maybe Tempest Fighter

Mostly Hexblade Warlock. <3 my 4e Dragonborn Hexblade with his Blade of Annihilation
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    > druid
    > ranger
    > warlord
    > sorcerer
  • Options
    mortie011mortie011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like a Creature Handler.....I miss my Rancor..../cry =)
  • Options
    bapgepbapgep Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    " i want ***, *** and *** bla bla bla"
    i want class mix from nwn or at least like in RoM.
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hum...as I'm new to D&D, but not to MMO's I would have to say in this order....class specific healing class...dont care what you call it, and a ranger class.
    OR they can simply "fix" whats wrong with the clerics ingame now. Meaning most specificly the aggro issues...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!