test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What classes would you like to see in Neverwinter?

Comments

• redlanceredlance Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Just give a multiclass system
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    redlance wrote: »
    Just give a multiclass system

This is an AND, not an OR. D&D has over 30 classes AND multiclassing. That's a huge thing to ask, but if PWE can pull it off with Neverwinter, this game will be an immense hit.
  • majeurevismajeurevis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just reading http://dandwiki.com/wiki/4e_Classes and think that the Demonologist, Glyphologist, and Explorer classes look awesome.

I think we're missing a martial ranged class, a summoning class, and a trapper class. I'm not saying the ones I mentioned above fit those roles, I just liked them.
    Artificer.jpg

Member of the Bring Gith and Artificers to Neverwinter Party.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cabalist and Psion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In no particular order:

1. Bard
    2. Runepriest
    3. Swordmage
    4. Artificer
    5. Warlord
    6. Psion
    7. Invoker
    8. All the rest too.. lol
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll take a Monk please.
    @Powerblast in game
  • kronmyrkronmyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious as to how an Avenger could be done. In 4E, they are basically "Rogues Using Big Weapons"...

* No Armor, but tanky.

* Extreme accuracy, but mediocre damage.

* Sustained DPS, low burst DPS.

* Divinity support.

It sounds like a cloth wearing Great Weapon Fighter, honestly.

Just theory-crafting:

- Add TAB ability "Oath of Enmity" that improves your accuracy greatly against a single target, but nearly guarantees a miss against other targets. Possibly add some sort of extra damage when the target moves away from the Avenger to simulate their "Censure" powers.

- Give Encounters Powers that teleport to a target (similar to Deft Strike), and others that teleport you and the target away from the party. This is iconic of the Avenger, who focuses a squishy and relocates them away from their allies.

- Give Dailies that act as zones/auras...many Avenger Dailies are designed to further isolate the Oathed target, and clear away minions who may disrupt the Oath.

- They could use GWF weaponry, or possibly focus on a new two-handed weapon like spears and polearms.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather have them fix the current classes and balance before adding anything.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see the Wyvern Lord. Being able to fly in this game would be really awesome. :D And the elemental swordsman. Would be great to see a sword mage type of character.
  • allukard1allukard1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Swordmage ofc i so want to see this class ingame :)
  • bladesterbladester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two-Weapon Ranger or another dual sword class like the Tempest Fighter or whatever it is called.

I am not a huge fan of playing stealthy mechanic classes nor do I like using daggers when I know there is an option to use two swords in D&D and most D&D video games. IF they let the Trickster Rogue use two swords I would probably make due but that does not make that much sense for the class.

Until such a time that one of the dual sword classes or options happen, even though I really want to play this game, I refuse to get too deep into it.
  • flibbitigibitflibbitigibit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally hate 4e D&D, so I am gonna go with my staple from 3.5 and say Hex-Blade. Some sort of melee tanky caster that focuses on debuffing.
    edited May 2013
    I guess after going through my 4e books I'd have to put my vote down for Sword Mage or Battlemind.

I really would like to see a Psion: manipulator of some sort, but that would simply break the game they have in place.
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    just adding again that I optimistically want a Hexblade Warlock (I'm a programmer, don't tell me it's too ****ing hard!)

I too am a programmer and, with the game setup as is, it's too ****ing hard!
  • danzlyradanzlyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Seeker Ranger. Primarily a controller, can lean into striker and hunter as secondary.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter added to the game.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I would like to see Paladin and Ranger.

Ditto. Perhaps Avenger more than Paladin, but still.

Also, Swordmage would be my next preferred class.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was assisted by an elf with a Bow yesterday. But No Ranger in the Class list :(
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pursuing Avenger
    Avenging Paladin
    Thaneborn Barbarian
    Quick Battlemind
    Blackguard
    Master of the Starry Night Warlock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikkirixxsikkirixx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    After the ones we know are being worked about, I think we need Paladins for sure. Then Bards.

A bit late to this thread, but i had to lol at this... reminded me of my FFXI days... perhaps we could get a Red Mage in??;)

As for class preference, i'd have to go with a Bow based class. Be it Ranger, Hunter, or what have you. This game would rock with a ranger type that uses short swords/daggers/knives as well as bows, imo..
  • phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the love of god, gimmy an Eladrin Swordmage... o.O
  • noniussnoniuss Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see a shape-shifting (just cause i want to run around as a gigantic bad-*** spider) class and a conjuring (spawns that steals aggro anyone?) class. Oh, and a gigantic robot that shoots rockets out of its ar** aswell, ktnxbai :P
  • piconsipiconsi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see some no dps classes, we already have 3 dps!! Only 1 healer and 1 "Tank".

- Paladin (Healer Tank)
    - Druid (Healer Buffer/Debuffer)
    - Bard (Control Buffer/Debuffer)
    - Monk (Tank)

And at least 1 more paragon class option for every one!
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'd like to see the GF and GWF made more useful, before seeing any of the new classes.
  • patsboempatsboem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    I would like to see Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter added to the game.

+1 i agree..
  • markand60markand60 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see the "Exterminator" class.

Ranged DPS .

Main weapon a pressurized aerosol can.

The only class from launch without bugs.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fully finished Battle Cleric - we already have the battle part, now just need the shield and armour to go with the current class aggro.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    markand60 wrote: »
    I would like to see the "Exterminator" class.

Ranged DPS .

Main weapon a pressurized aerosol can.

The only class from launch without bugs.

lolz...

+1
  • winterbornjtwinterbornjt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see a ranger, for sure. but which build? I expect a ranger build will be bow only, but I'd love to see a melee/archer mix, if only because that is my favorite build to play in 4e lol. Otherwise, I'd dig a Battle Cleric (melee-healer), and I too want to see the Warlord and the Avenger. Barbarian and Bard, in that order. But what I really want to see? Some variety in equipment. Where's my great axe? Or my Mordenkrad? Choices beyond varying lengths of knife would be great :D
  • narlocnarloc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been playing 4e since its release, and how about the base clase WIZARD!!! not this goofy *** control wizard. I want the offense, fireballs, flaming sphere, Greater Ice Storm, meteor swarm, summon creatures to fight at my side, acid arrow, magic missle, shield, on and on and on.....

i would also agree both rangers (dual-wield/bow) should be in game asap.