test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What classes would you like to see in Neverwinter?

1235»

Comments

• budrik1budrik1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 for Bard.
    But not that wussy spellcaster type.
    I mean the type that bludgeons **** to death with a guitar.
    "Pugs are like Saturday Night Live Sketches.
    Most of em' are awful, some of em are decent, and a few are pretty good."
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bard?
    200px-Hb_quickdraw_photo_01_md.jpg
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • soldiermnnsoldiermnn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah +1 agree
  • bolinbolabolinbola Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always wanted to be a bard ;_;
  • arskaaaarskaaa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Weapon master. use 2hand or dual wied or 1hand/shield, do serious DPS and be more hack and slash.
    Ranger, no pet forced ranger.
    Druid.
    Necromancer.
    monk.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see a Paladin Tank/Healer class since in PvE there is a need for both class roles as most people play DPS.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    an archer type class
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • telainfilotelainfilo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    truegamer0 wrote: »
    What classes would you like to see in Neverwinter?
    Since is a Dungeons and Dragon game or at last is promoted as such, i would love to see all this missing classes :)

Apex Predator - Role: Striker-Controller or Defender-Controller
    Arachnomance - Role: Controller Arcane
    Black Lion - Role: Striker Martial
    Blood Mage - Role: Striker Arcane
    Cabalist - Role: Controller
    Demonologist - Role: Leader Arcane
    Dracomancer - Role: Controller Draconic (Arcane)
    Elemental Swordsman - Role: Striker
    Explorer Controller - Role: Primal
    Fear Eater - Role: Controller
    Ghost Warrior - Role: Striker Phantasmal
    Glyphologist - Role: Striker Arcane
    Lioneer - Role: Defender/Striker
    Ninja - Role: Variant Striker
    Oracle - Role: Leader Primal
    Pierrot - Role: Defender Martial and Arcane
    Pilgrim - Role: Leader Divine
    Sage - Role: Striker Arcane
    Smilodon Maioribus - Role: Elite Character
    Warmage - Role: Controller Arcane
    Wyvern Lord - Role: Leader Martial and Arcane

I know, I know, I'm just dreaming :D Let them first fix and balance the classes we already have in game, before we discuss what classes we want to see in future :)
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_class_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

At the bottom of the page it links to all the classes. I hope to god the MMO ends up having this many options, if that is the case I will always be playing, maxing out the next class or trying a new build in one I have already played.
  • cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Druids or Bards!
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, Id rather see Druid. <3
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Druid. I have ha lots f fun over the years with Druids in D&D.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • mangoforthewinmangoforthewin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    piconsi wrote: »
    - Monk (Tank)

Uh, don't know if you know this, but monks actually have the title of highest DPS over any class in D&D. Quick Comparison (Everything shown is using a level 20 Human with no extra buffs than what's given based on level ups):

BAB:
    Monk: +15/+10/+5
    Monk w/ Flurry of Blows: +15/+15/+15/+10/+5
    Fighter/Barbarian: +20/+15/+10/+5

So, the monk will get extra attacks over your fighter and barbarian, but that's not that big of a deal, right? I mean the Fighter and Barbarian will out damage the monk because of their weapons, and the fact that punching and kicking something isn't going to do much damage to people who wear armour. That's just common sense. I agree, but this is a ******* monk we're talking about. They don't make sense. They never do. Observe:

--Monks do lethal damage (Thanks to Improved Unarmed Strike: Level 2)

--At level 4, their body is treated like a magic weapon when dealing damage to people with DR. (At level 10, they're treated like lawful weapons, and finally at level 16, they're treated like ******* adamantite. Yeah, they become Wolverine.)

--At level 15 they get a move so epic, I can't even paraphrase this ****. "Quivering Palm: Starting at 15th level, a monk can set up vibrations within the body of another creature that can thereafter be fatal if the monk so desires. She can use this quivering palm attack once a week, and she must announce her intent before making her attack roll. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be affected. Otherwise, if the monk strikes successfully and the target takes damage from the blow, the quivering palm attack succeeds. Thereafter the monk can try to slay the victim at any later time, as long as the attempt is made within a number of days equal to her monk level. To make such an attempt, the monk merely wills the target to die (a free action), and unless the target makes a Fortitude saving throw, it dies. If the saving throw is successful, the target is no longer in danger from that particular quivering palm attack, but it may still be affected by another one at a later time." Yeah, the Monk learns the ****ing Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique from Kill Bill.

--And because I didn't mention, the Monk has a base damage of 2d10(+their strength modifier) per attack

The monk was built to be pure, unbridled dps. on top of that, their resistances are through the roof, they have high HP, and they become immune to just about every status ailment in the game. Their job in a fight is to kill or otherwise shutdown the spellcasters, as they can shrug of spells better than anyone else, and then rejoin the fray on the flank of whatever else is in the room. The Fighter and the Cleric are more of a Tank than the monk is. The monk is the farthest thing away from a tank. A tank is supposed to pull aggro. A monk kills things too quick to establish aggro.

Source: I play a monk
  • thumperrrthumperrr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want an amazon that throw spears and uses a shield. That would be friggen epic.. i rather choose that then an archer tbh
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too lazy to read the whole thread, but I want a Bard. But with a twist... anyone who has played Everquest in the past will remember the bards in that game. Loved that class back then. Bard songs wore off over time after the song was done and a skilled Bard can have two or three buffs going at one time by "twisting" the songs together.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • swainkyswainky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dread Necro, Monk, and Bard would be cool. I remember once making a char in D&D that was a wizard apprentice that relied mostly on alchemy and threw pots around to ensnare and DOT enemies and was very clumsy. Short story he never really became a great wizard, but saved our asses with contraptions that were flashy but got the job done. He was kinda like Iolaus from Hercules. Love to see a char class like that in the game. Man I miss those days playing around the table. We had a great DM!
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hexblade Warlock. Infernal pact at that.
  • vigilanteswordvigilantesword Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sword mage and Dual-wielding ranger.
  • dottorchaosdottorchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it is plenty of classes in the various D&D manuals, but, there is a typical D&D class that you hardly see in other fantasy games, in my opinion this class is: the bard! it would be great to play a bard. the only way i could play a support character in neverwinter, i don't like clerics!!
  • fordrainefordraine Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Monk
    Runepriest
    Deceptive Warlock