test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What classes would you like to see in Neverwinter?

Comments

• njgreen123456njgreen123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    Yeah bard would rock. It'd be interesting to see what Cryp would do with instruments (if they would even use any at all)

I figure the instrument would work how the DC's implements work so far... Give you like a ranged attack with some sort of "Tab" ability... maybe to start playing a song that gives buffing/Healing effects or something like that.
  • njgreen123456njgreen123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Well yeah, they got rid of Necromancer in 4e altogether, there isn't one that's really close to it anymore. Warlock isn't what people expect Necromancer to be.

Yeah, Warlock is kind of like... a melee spell caster? You run off Con and Cha... as your stats a lot of their spells can be used as melee attacks.. Their core At-Will (forget the name right now) can be chosen to be a Strike or a Blast... I think with Scourge Warlock you'll be a ranged Striker tho. While 2-weapon Ranger will be a melee striker.

Wonder how quarry will be implemented.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Archer or Psionic!
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• dhavrumdhavrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Druid

/10char
  • exzammmexzammm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adfadfdsfcbvfgsgf
  • cookiegolemcookiegolem Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see monk added mostly, though I'm more than likely to wait a year or more for that :(
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonder how quarry will be implemented.

My guess it would either be a Tab Ability, or be built in as a De-Buff on your At-Wills when you strike Enemies.
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A Bard would be pretty cool
  • henke2henke2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mostly looking forward to the ranger and a melee/combat cleric.
    And Bladesinger would be realy nice if they added to the game.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A ****ing real cleric god ******!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would absolutely love to see the Ranger Class

Different Paragons could be something like...
    -Master Trapper : Emphasis on traps.
    -Marksman Expert : Emphasis on various aspects of dealing dmg with bow.
    -Grand Master : Emphasis on using Beast/Pets to fight along side you.

Thoughts on this??
    edited May 2013
    spikespire wrote: »
    My guess it would either be a Tab Ability, or be built in as a De-Buff on your At-Wills when you strike Enemies.

Yeah I guess the tab ability would be the best Idea... Maybe like you hit Tab and all of your attacks for a time are all quarry empowered? Then out of quarry 'stance' you gain it back over time... kinda how stealth works for the TR. As a De-buff I guess it could work too... but I think the tab makes more sense.
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    I have a feeling that with the current system implementing a Scourge Warlock would be kind of hard. Their entire spell reserve is based on manipulations of Eldritch Blasts.

Yeah it'll be really interesting to see how it all works out... I'm going on no limb and saying the Tab ability for the SW will be Curse... that will put a debuff on target(s) that when they die you gain benefits from the de-buff. Then maybe in the feats you pick your pack... but that might be more customized then how the current system allows.
  • hsinroghsinrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't just pick one.

- Druid
    - Bard
    - Warlock
  • benjo7777777benjo7777777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry if it's a dumb question but are there more classes incoming or do you just hope that there will be new classes?^^
  • smilodonactualsmilodonactual Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its very early in the game (hell, its still Beta right now), but Primal classes need to make their way into the game.

Druids just for the fact that shapeshifting has always been a huge boon and a major attraction to most any game it appears in, and the fact that D&D doesn't feel complete or right without them (you've got the Fighter, the Rogue, the Wizard and the Cleric already). Incorporate in the fact that there is tons of potential for Druids just making awesome characters to play based on some of the ideas established for them in 4e, like shifting when exiting Wild Shape or having multiple ranged spells and melee abilities, the class is a great candidate.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The other cleric spec, battle cleric it was always my go-to spec in every D&D game I ever played.

Basically a "jack of all trades", mostly a buffer but also a decent MELEE dps.

For actual new classes my priority is Ranger and Paladin.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Sorry if it's a dumb question but are there more classes incoming or do you just hope that there will be new classes?^^

There absolutely are more classes coming. We know at least two are in production right now.
    And those won't be the last.
  • apokolipsapokolips Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see:

Psion
    Ranger
    Druid
    Paladin

and others but those would be a great place to start
  • redphantom01redphantom01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give me my ******* hunter/ranger. I want to set a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of traps in a certain area, lure a train of baddies into my mine field and watch their limbs fly everywhere. I want to shoot some arrows at a guy and pin him to the wall by his hands and feet and then have him recite the alphabet backwards if he wants to live.
    Wow, I am all kinds of ****ed up.

If I can't have my hunter, then give me a monk class. More importantly, give me the class that can beats things into submission with his bare hands. There's something oddly satisfying of seeing what is technically an elder god having his arms and legs broken by a small halfling girl using nothing but her bare hands.
    Or, when the other path classes get unlocked, then give the control wizard more martial-arty choreography. I want to fulfill my dreams of being a waterbending Jedi, but ever since I hit a certain level I feel like I'm being relegated back to the standard mage set up of sitting in the back of the party and tossing out "nukes."
    Come on, Neverwinter. You were so close to making me into a water bending Jedi, I was about to consider this game awesome.
    "...What is it with you and being a water bending Jedi?"
    WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND NOT BEING A WATERBENDING JEDI?!
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I would like to see Paladin and Ranger. I know Ranger is said to be the next class but, since it is not in game yet, it is still a valid answer.

I think with all the buzz about it and the fact that they have named it already, I think the warlock is next, but I also would like to see....uhm...What would they call it, Nimble Archer? Deadly Archer? I dont know, they have such stupid titles attached to the **** classes in this game, I cant even imagine. What ever happened to Fighter, Rogue, Ranger, Bard, Wizard, Druid, etc?
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    @_@ I want a combat Cleric "I need a mace and shield wisdom dmg heavy dwarf Cleric" I needs it!
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenchi2k1 wrote: »
    they need to release the Ranger class next, not the Warlock. there is already a class that can do Arcana things, we need a class that has the Nature deal to it.
    and also the Control Wizard sucks balls, why is there no Pyromancer, bah!
    A Pyromancer doesn't sound all that bad actually.
  • okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    personally, i know it wont ever happen as its not a forgotten realms class, the artificer its a steam punky cross between a rouge and a mage and has a pet companion. loved it in DDO and was sad to hear it wont ever be here.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Warlock obviously, cant wait for this class, will be my main more than likely

2. Shaman. Not a WoW shaman w/totems, an EQ1 type shaman, dots, debuffs, utility heals, buffs, aoe dot dmg

3. Mage w/summon pets - specs for earth, fire, water, air
  • frez3hfrez3h Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too bad this is not eberron because I would love an Artificier. But because it is not, perhaps some Ranger class options would be nice.
  • azrahielazrahiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Druid all the way.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    1. Warlock obviously, cant wait for this class, will be my main more than likely

2. Shaman. Not a WoW shaman w/totems, an EQ1 type shaman, dots, debuffs, utility heals, buffs, aoe dot dmg

3. Mage w/summon pets - specs for earth, fire, water, air
    Yeah... it's not like they can just invent classes, the classes in the game has to be in the rulebook (all the current ones are).
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • layol692k7layol692k7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger or a psionic class would be epic
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only one class for me really... BARBARIAN!

A true 2-handed dps class.