What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    breffestbreffest Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Supjeremiah, I've been following your guide from around when I started getting into the teen levels. I really really love the Guardian Fighter class, especially the Lunging Strike skill (swooping in on enemies from a higher elevation is so fun).

You mention in this thread that Human, Half Orc and Tiefling are the best for the GF class, but in your guide you said to just choose any class and that was fine.

I chose a Female Half-Elf ultimately because I wanted to be different than every other buff Macho Man GF that's going to be out there. Because of the lack of beneficial racial stats, is this going to harm my performance too hard (meaning if I really want to outperform the other classes I should start over) or are those racial bonuses mostly negligible? I'm at around level 34 and I made so much progress already...

Anyways, thanks for the guide :)
  • Options
    akma87akma87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what 2 class features do u use in pve and in pvp? does combat superiority work against players? (combat/ferocious PVP) (combat/threat PVE) ? thanks in advance.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    offense = azure
    defense = radiant
    utility = dark
    weapon = greater plague
    armor = soulforged

offense will change soon when i finish my t2 set

should add the caveat "until you hit 3k in a stat". after 3k the DR is pretty harsh
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    should add the caveat "until you hit 3k in a stat". after 3k the DR is pretty harsh

This is true. Except power. I wouldn't recommend stacking power though until you've hit DR on all other worthy stats.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Power is better by A LOT considering you get your power doubled from the paragon feat
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    akma87 wrote: »
    what 2 class features do u use in pve and in pvp? does combat superiority work against players? (combat/ferocious PVP) (combat/threat PVE) ? thanks in advance.

I use the same passives for both PvP and PvE. The only thing I change between the two setups is I use the AoE threat skill instead of Bull Rush.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    breffest wrote: »
    Hey Supjeremiah, I've been following your guide from around when I started getting into the teen levels. I really really love the Guardian Fighter class, especially the Lunging Strike skill (swooping in on enemies from a higher elevation is so fun).

You mention in this thread that Human, Half Orc and Tiefling are the best for the GF class, but in your guide you said to just choose any class and that was fine.

I chose a Female Half-Elf ultimately because I wanted to be different than every other buff Macho Man GF that's going to be out there. Because of the lack of beneficial racial stats, is this going to harm my performance too hard (meaning if I really want to outperform the other classes I should start over) or are those racial bonuses mostly negligible? I'm at around level 34 and I made so much progress already...

Anyways, thanks for the guide :)

Most racials are negligible but the reason I listed those 3 is because Orcs 5% crit severity is nice, Humans have 3 extra heroic points, and Tielfings get 5% damage bonus on targets below 50% health. Not game changing, but nice to have.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    sstormzsstormz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because it's one more free source of temp HP for one measly heroic point.

No I'm saying what feat did you drop the 1 point to have 1 point to throw into grit.
  • Options
    mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    First off, thank you for the guide, it has helped me learn my class better and become an effective GF vs flailing around being frustrated that I can't hold agro off of a DC in a PVE group.

Can you please update the first post to reflect all the changes that you've made? I get that you added onto it at the end, but some of what you've said is different from what's been posted throughout the thread and sifting through 31 pages is rather rough. It says you've picked up Grit, but not what you've changed to do so. Maybe edit your color coded text as well? Even if you don't do any of this, I am added a second thank you for your guide. Happy kills.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    mattkrueg1 wrote: »
    First off, thank you for the guide, it has helped me learn my class better and become an effective GF vs flailing around being frustrated that I can't hold agro off of a DC in a PVE group.

Can you please update the first post to reflect all the changes that you've made? I get that you added onto it at the end, but some of what you've said is different from what's been posted throughout the thread and sifting through 31 pages is rather rough. It says you've picked up Grit, but not what you've changed to do so. Maybe edit your color coded text as well? Even if you don't do any of this, I am added a second thank you for your guide. Happy kills.

i think is new optimal build is currently in the progress and he will update it soon.im also interest to see the final optimal build.im currently 46 so i still have to reach 60 but il problably get a respect token when i reach 60 to repair some mistake and get optimal build.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2QZOs.jpg
    I 2 shot anyone with Envy's build. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    2QZOs.jpg

Are you stacking radiants?

Youtube Channel

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are radiants? Lol.
    If you mean enchantments, they're all rank 7, sword has rank 9 power.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What are radiants? Lol.
    If you mean enchantments, they're all rank 7, sword has rank 9 power.

Radiants are the stones you put in offense slots that give you power.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    amirellamirell Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the amazing guide! One question though :P Now that the Blue quality Ioun Stone of Alure is out which is better now? The Stone or the Cat?
  • Options
    scumroachscumroach Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great Guide! What should be stat priory gear wise?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    scumroach wrote: »
    Great Guide! What should be stat priory gear wise?

power/crit/recovery/defence
  • Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2QZOs.jpg

How much Crit chance do you have atm ? how much extra dmg does 7k power give you lol compared to stacking arm penetration + Crit

Only Level 50 atm, feel that power has somewhat diminishing returns already. (Only 5.3k GS)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I mean, I can switch over but usually in a pvp there is a TR that gives you an extra 5% crit chance. Here:

2R4jU.png

I tried the crit, had 4.5k crit (highest I could get with rank 7 and 8 radiants) build but that didn't go as well as this tbh and wasted 5mil AD.
    I've used 20 mil AD trying different builds and specs, Envy's build + another slight change of something more my style is the one I switch back and forth from.
    Though I don't need Knee breaker or lunge. I just use Knight's Challenge, Bull skill, Shield skill. They instant die from double dmg. :) Knight's Challenge ticks for dmg if you've got weapon enchant so they can't run on mount, they'd fall. Combo would do about 12k + 15-17k and 90% of people die, if not use your daily.. another 20k dmg. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's exactly right! I don't ever run Terrifying Impact however. If I were to use another daily I would trade out Indomitable Strength for Fighter's Recovery.

so...that mean your 2 dayli is always villan menace+figther recovery?for pvp are you using the same thing?indomitable strength must be nice in pvp

well villan menace is aoe dmg+cc immunit+extra dmg for a long time so pretty **** awsome.i was using terrifying impact and i just tryed villan menace again and it is definitly way better.figther recovery i wasnt using it at first since you said before it wasnt really good and heal was low but using it currently and saved my life more then once,heal is hudge and with the dayli that recover like crazy i can use it really really often when i need extra heal.with this i have been able to solo by myself a really big boss that wouldnt be possible without it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I mean, I can switch over but usually in a pvp there is a TR that gives you an extra 5% crit chance. Here:

2R4jU.png
    ****. Feel Free to hook me up with AD anytime man! My end game goal will involve slotting all power but I need one more piece of gear before I can commit to rank 7+ gems.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    rabxxrabxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2QZOs.jpg

noticed he's using the scimitar weapon. I know its really cheap which is great, but is it really an end game weapon? I already have one in the bank.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm 2 more rank 7s off from making a rank 9 crit lol.. So bloody expensive. :/
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rabxx wrote: »
    noticed he's using the scimitar weapon. I know its really cheap which is great, but is it really an end game weapon? I already have one in the bank.

It's the best weapon apart from Dread Vault drops, which most of the population can't complete, and Castle Never, which again.. most of the population can't complete.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm 2 more rank 7s off from making a rank 9 crit lol.. So bloody expensive. :/

coughcoughhookmeupcoughcough

Youtube Channel

• Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

2R4jU.png

wow that 23.4 %. Is getting those purple armor expensive ? I got my scimitar already for like 5k AD in Dragon Server

And what is the enchants slot for on the purple weapons ? ARe they Really expensive and impossible to get ?
  • Options
    devlivdevliv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya Envy you guide is good for pvp but not so good and 1 think no1 want dps tank in his party .I cant tank never castel or all t1 si fck **** no1 want a second GF in his party.no i reset all my feats
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    devliv wrote: »
    ya Envy you guide is good for pvp but not so good and 1 think no1 want dps tank in his party .I cant tank never castel or all t1 si fck **** no1 want a second GF in his party.no i reset all my feats

Calm down kiddo. This build has went through every T2 and Castle Never.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    nova6t9ernova6t9er Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey great build but can you tell us what enchantments are where e.g

I know we try to get lvl 7 or higher

offense = azure < neck. rings waist, pants and shirt ??
    defense = radiant <helm, chest, gloves, boots ??
    utility = dark <Shield ?

Is it something like that.

thanks looking forward to the reply.

Its ok I found you in town
    helm= radiant 5
    chest= radiant 5
    gloves= dark 5
    wep= azure 5
    shield= radiant 5
    boots= dark 5
    neck= radiant 5
    ring1= azure 5
    ring2= azure 5
    waist= radiant 5
    shirt= azure 5
    Guardian Fighter-60 Full BIS

Great Weapon Fighter-50

Devoted Cleric-56

Trickster Rogue-60 Almost full bis

Control Wizard-60 Full epic
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nova6t9er wrote: »
    Hey great build but can you tell us what enchantments are where e.g

I know we try to get lvl 7 or higher

offense = azure < neck. rings waist, pants and shirt ??
    defense = radiant <helm, chest, gloves, boots ??
    utility = dark <Shield ?

Is it something like that.

thanks looking forward to the reply.

Its ok I found you in town
    helm= radiant 5
    chest= radiant 5
    gloves= dark 5
    wep= azure 5
    shield= radiant 5
    boots= dark 5
    neck= radiant 5
    ring1= azure 5
    ring2= azure 5
    waist= radiant 5
    shirt= azure 5

Hey, I'd just like to point out that these enchantments are placeholders and do not accurately reflect my end goal. I'll update with my entire gear set and enchant list once it's completed. I know a lot of people follow my guide and I'd rather not create unnecessary market competition where I can help it. I'm always broke due to theorycrafting new things so I don't always have a lot to spend on the things I need and other people buying out the same things would really put a halt to my guide progression!

Youtube Channel