test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    khaoticlifekhaoticlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm, we might have different AH's QJVvq7f.jpg'

Lol, it's no problem, I'll wait it out! Great guide! made me find my love for PVP.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Lol, it's no problem, I'll wait it out! Great guide! made me find my love for PVP.

We must be on different servers. I'm on Mindflayer.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    khaoticlifekhaoticlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We must be on different servers. I'm on Mindflayer.

Oops, I totally forgot there are servers haha, I'm stupid, thanks!
  • Options
    ritorixritorix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been using this build to great success in pvp. My flavor of it:
    Lunging Strike
    Bull Rush
    Knee Breaker

Yes, no Frontline. Bull Rush has a faster cooldown, and Bull Rush -> Lunge -> Knee Break is nasty. I also put 5 points in the Trample the Fallen feat instead of 5 into Improved Vigor. I run with Trample instead of Ferocious Recovery.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ritorix wrote: »
    I've been using this build to great success in pvp. My flavor of it:
    Lunging Strike
    Bull Rush
    Knee Breaker

Yes, no Frontline. Bull Rush has a faster cooldown, and Bull Rush -> Lunge -> Knee Break is nasty. I also put 5 points in the Trample the Fallen feat instead of 5 into Improved Vigor. I run with Trample instead of Ferocious Recovery.

Im gonna be honest with you. The trample combo is awful. 5% increased damage to controlled targets is meh. People see 25% of your weapon damage and think oh boy that sounds great! Its not. Its awful. Your hits do ~150 more damage and only when you hit things that are controlled. 150 on hits that are doing 10k is nothing. A huge heal + a damage resistance buff is worth way more to you than a few extra hundred damage.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    ritorixritorix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awful? Compared to a 'huge' 10% heal that only happens every 3 minutes?

Trample is +15% damage from the ability and another 25% from the feat. That is huge. Control powers are pretty much constantly active on pvp targets.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ritorix wrote: »
    Awful? Compared to a 'huge' 10% heal that only happens every 3 minutes?

Trample is +15% damage from the ability and another 25% from the feat. That is huge. Control powers are pretty much constantly active on pvp targets.

Its not another 25%
    The 15% you get from the passive is a straight % to your damage. The 25% from the feat is only WEAPON DAMAGE, not your total damage.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not another 25%
    The 15% you get from the passive is a straight % to your damage. The 25% from the feat is only WEAPON DAMAGE, not your total damage.

Its actually 25% + 25% of weapon damage though

Trample the fallen at rank 3 = 15 %

Crushing pin = 10%

Feat = 25% of weapon damage.

Values aside, The main concern i have is that Battle trample (the Feat) does not seem to work properly as I dont see the 25% of weapon damage kicking in. Heck, I dont see Trample the fallen working along with crushing pin.
    (I might be wrong)

I am probably going to retrain from Tact tree once i am done experimenting with the tactician tree though. So far, only fight on / Crushing Pin / Battle trample seem to be useful. Reckless Attacker from Conqueror spec just seems to be the superior final feat a GF can get.
  • Options
    nolfatornolfator Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its actually 25% + 25% of weapon damage though

Are you counting 25% threat increase as dmg increase?
  • Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nolfator wrote: »
    Are you counting 25% threat increase as dmg increase?

Read the tooltip : it states , deal 25% of ur weapon damage as physical damage
  • Options
    sstormzsstormz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What did you drop to put 1 into grit?
  • Options
    rabxxrabxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Dang man, they're like 20k-30k on dragon server. that sucks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sstormz wrote: »

Because it's one more free source of temp HP for one measly heroic point.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Added a short clip to show how easy it is to make AD in this game.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    them1sterturtlethem1sterturtle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Envy you running this now PVP? What about PVE?

At Will 1 Cleave
    At Will 2 Threatening Rush

Encounter 1 Lunging Strike
    Encounter 2 Bull Rush
    Encounter 3 Frontline Surge

Daily 1 Villian's Menace or Terrifying Impact
    Daily 2 Indomitable Strength

Passive 1 Combat Superiority
    Passive 2 Ferocious Reaction
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Envy you running this now PVP? What about PVE?

At Will 1 Cleave
    At Will 2 Threatening Rush

Encounter 1 Lunging Strike
    Encounter 2 Bull Rush
    Encounter 3 Frontline Surge

Daily 1 Villian's Menace or Terrifying Impact
    Daily 2 Indomitable Strength

Passive 1 Combat Superiority
    Passive 2 Ferocious Reaction

That's exactly right! I don't ever run Terrifying Impact however. If I were to use another daily I would trade out Indomitable Strength for Fighter's Recovery.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    maatisanmaatisan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wondering, in that spider queen dungeon doesn't it take 45 minutes to get to spider queen? Is there a specific way to zerg through it or something?
  • Options
    derangedtaco29derangedtaco29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the guide man! Saved my hope for the Guardian Fighter to be great in all aspects of the game. I haven't been doing pretty much any Epic dungeons, but when I PvP, I feel like GF's finally have a mutual standing ground between all the classes. It's actually pretty fun seeing the CW's confused when I'm constantly close to them via the charge abilities.

Keep it up man!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maatisan wrote: »
    Wondering, in that spider queen dungeon doesn't it take 45 minutes to get to spider queen? Is there a specific way to zerg through it or something?

Not to zerg but you can make it trivial.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    sstormz wrote: »

I took 1 point out of shielded resurgence.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    brunnor1brunnor1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's your normal PvE setup? Do you actually switch abilities around a lot mid dungeon for packs or bosses?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    brunnor1 wrote: »
    What's your normal PvE setup? Do you actually switch abilities around a lot mid dungeon for packs or bosses?

Yeah I do. Mostly though it's Lunging, Shout, Surge.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    brunnor1brunnor1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you wanted to be a true hero of GF's everywhere, you could make little boss fight guides with what abilities(and why) you used on a per fight basis to help out those of us who haven't quite made it in to T2 stuff yet... just saying...
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    do you still use grifon wrath?when?because to be honest,in pvp its not that great and in pve there so much pack of mobs that its usualy better to go with the AOE power.when are you using it and if you dont use it,wouldnt it be better to drop it+the paragon that increase is dmg (staggering challenge) to put those 5 pts in something more usefull?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    do you still use grifon wrath?when?because to be honest,in pvp its not that great and in pve there so much pack of mobs that its usualy better to go with the AOE power.when are you using it and if you dont use it,wouldnt it be better to drop it+the paragon that increase is dmg (staggering challenge) to put those 5 pts in something more usefull?

I don't use it anymore.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't use it anymore.

so i guess it would be a good thing to drop griffon +staggering challenge?what would you recommande to get with those 5 extra paragon pts?renforced surge mabey since we use it a lot in pve/pvp?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    so i guess it would be a good thing to drop griffon +staggering challenge?what would you recommande to get with those 5 extra paragon pts?renforced surge mabey since we use it a lot in pve/pvp?

I never had points into the griffon staggering so I don't know why you did if you were following my build. I put it into the extra AP gain but reinforced surge would work well for PvP.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I never had points into the griffon staggering so I don't know why you did if you were following my build. I put it into the extra AP gain but reinforced surge would work well for PvP.

i yea your right lol.well i didnt put any either but dunno why i was thinking you did lol sry
  • Options
    jihye80jihye80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know if you already said it, because there are so many pages, I didn't read everything. Can you tell which enchant do you use in each slots? (utility, attk, def...etc).
    Thanks !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jihye80 wrote: »
    I dont know if you already said it, because there are so many pages, I didn't read everything. Can you tell which enchant do you use in each slots? (utility, attk, def...etc).
    Thanks !

offense = azure
    defense = radiant
    utility = dark
    weapon = greater plague
    armor = soulforged

offense will change soon when i finish my t2 set

Youtube Channel