test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 1 'They would seize from the moon the way to ruin and riches'

Comments

• beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Except that Archer Ranger has been datamined out of the current game files. Say it's not all you want, there is also zero reason for another melee that is basically the rogue right now. Ranged striker makes way more sense, plus, already there in files.

I know that and agree with you that it would be better. My guess is that an archer will either be released at the same time or very shortly after because it has been stated it'll be the dual wielder, no I don't have the links but I read it :p
  • ahrimavizxahrimavizx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Druid would actually make a lot of sense. They're very connected to nature and anything lunar.
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ahrimavizx wrote: »
    Druid would actually make a lot of sense. They're very connected to nature and anything lunar.

And ruin and riches?
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    I know that and agree with you that it would be better. My guess is that an archer will either be released at the same time or very shortly after because it has been stated it'll be the dual wielder, no I don't have the links but I read it :p

Just searched and there have been no official statements that it will be dual wield ranger
  • sylverthegnomesylverthegnome Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    This riddle has me slightly confused. The Ruin part...no druid or ranger wants to ruin any place. Possibly Warlock but then I get confused by the "seize the moon" part

In DND 4.0 one of the power choices for Warlocks is Astral from thes tars so maybe that expands to cover the moon too.
    edited May 2013
    In DND 4.0 one of the power choices for Warlocks is Astral from thes tars so maybe that expands to cover the moon too.

Yeah I checked out the Star Pact Warlock and that one is the one that makes the most sense to me
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Just searched and there have been no official statements that it will be dual wield ranger

or maybe the search just doesn't work so hot :p no worries here, don't believe it until you see proof then. I want to play a Ranger as do other so our motivation to lie to you is? pointless conversation because we will see when something comes out or maybe someone will chime in with a link showing what was said. time for me to go home and play some..
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    or maybe the search just doesn't work so hot :p no worries here, don't believe it until you see proof then. I want to play a Ranger as do other so our motivation to lie to you is? pointless conversation because we will see when something comes out or maybe someone will chime in with a link showing what was said. time for me to go home and play some..

Not trying to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this time so hope I didnt come across as one. Im actually more interested in an actual striker caster class then a ranger, but either way it will be nice to have some good ranged DPS that isnt a controller
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ahrimavizx wrote: »
    It would be better to call it a dual-handed or dual-blade ranger. Saying "2handed" makes it sound like they use 2 handed swords, not 2 separate swords.

But then we'd have to suffer all the people asking about duel wielding.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • dimtoxdimtox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    When did they say more info will be released
  • fatbartenderfatbartender Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To seize from the moon, means to take something from the moon, not to be from it, so they gather their power from the moon and use it to destroy and gain riches.
  • fatbartenderfatbartender Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They already stated that it will NEVER BE A PAY TO WIN. So you will not be charged for the class if they are staying to their word. If they charge for the class I would just quit.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And ruin and riches?

Actually Devs first officially told us about the ranger after the first GWF Promo vid about a week later telling us that it in fact is not the Archer they are working on but the Two-Weapon Ranger. Then after BW1 after some datamined info I asked Squez on NOCS episode 2 about the Archer Ranger and he confirmed it. Both have been confirmed to be "in the works" by the devs
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    From Wikipedia Selune:

"Pact of the New Moon
    Consists solely of lycanthropes sworn to Selune, carrying out the most secretive and violent aspects of Selune's work. Selune grants these lycanthropes abilities other lycanthropes lack, such as an ability to speak in wolf form, also allowing her followers to invoke prayers and cast spells, rapid shapeshifting and increased strength. Was once declared heretical and anathema for espousing the Heresy of the New Moon but was renewed by Selune's direct order in a vision to one of her lycanthrope priestesses."

Lycanthrope Player Race maybe? The character creation screen does show "Coming Soon" for a new race.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no ATHF fans here ?

its a sad day in whovile :(
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something to do with the Eladrin perhaps? Wasn't one of their homes the Gates of the Moon?
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They've confirmed on Facebook like so:

Question: "Are these like the STO Seasons? D&D Adventure Modules?"
    Neverwinter Reply: "You've got it! Module 1."

So who here played STO that can explain what a "Season" is?
    edited May 2013
    They've confirmed on Facebook like so:

Question: "Are these like the STO Seasons? D&D Adventure Modules?"
    Neverwinter Reply: "You've got it! Module 1."

So who here played STO that can explain what a "Season" is?

Major content updates, you can read about the kind of stuff you get in those here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/gameupdates
  • fvillhafvillha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So if its similar to STO seasons, figure 3-6 months for 1st one with more every 6 months. STO been out for 3+ years with season 7 releasing in a few weeks.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Actually Devs first officially told us about the ranger after the first GWF Promo vid about a week later telling us that it in fact is not the Archer they are working on but the Two-Weapon Ranger. Then after BW1 after some datamined info I asked Squez on NOCS episode 2 about the Archer Ranger and he confirmed it. Both have been confirmed to be "in the works" by the devs

So 2 new classes at once? Plus the Scourge Warlock sometime soon as well?

Runs screaming like a giddy schoolgirl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . As some have stated, I have a feeling this is a teaser intro for an upcoming Content Pack, like STO does with their Featured Episodes and Seasons. The Romulan Content first came with a similar teaser.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Please be a raid.

dees! ......
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . As some have stated, I have a feeling this is a teaser intro for an upcoming Content Pack, like STO does with their Featured Episodes and Seasons. The Romulan Content first came with a similar teaser.

As long as the content pack includes the Ranger Class I'll be a happy puppy.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • saborwsaborw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Marksman class is what we need. Physical ranged DPS, or an Arcane archer. Either one works for me. We have a Cleric and a Control Wizard, we already have a two handed Melee fighter, A greatsword and Sword & Board fighters. If one class is going to be released, it better be a Marksman of some sort. If it's a couple classes, it better just be one of them

I want to walk around with my cloak and quiver on my back
  • dimtoxdimtox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Yes we need a true ranged DPS... cause all da red circles, and the massive adds yeah...
  • hongrathhongrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fully agree
    edited May 2013
    fvillha wrote: »
    So if its similar to STO seasons, figure 3-6 months for 1st one with more every 6 months. STO been out for 3+ years with season 7 releasing in a few weeks.

Season 7 was already released, the next update for STO is larger, so they're calling that an "expansion" rather than a season update.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranger class would be horrible - just think what would happen...90% of the new characters - rangers...queueing for 4 hours for a dungeon, 4 rangers and a cleric groups, never getting sweet loot in groups etc. etc. etc.

and if a ranger comes, i hope its a combo of dual wield and ranged with 2 paragon paths right at the beginning, one focussing on the one and the other on the other...
  • reskalreskal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any new information on this teaser yet?
  • airbornestrangerairbornestranger Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That teaser sounds more like shapeshifter druids than it does rangers
  • reskalreskal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the problem is, if they do go forward with Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock, the class balance will be this:

Defender: 1
    Leader: 1
    Controller: 1
    Striker: 4

And that's just class numbers. If we were to take into account that most people tend to play striker/dps classes in MMOs, we'd have some crazy imbalance on our hands. Druid would at least make one more controller and one less striker. I do wish they would add more defenders/leaders, as those are the roles which are difficult to find.