Install Arc
Options

[Petition] Bring back Foundry EXP

Comments

• Options
    alunalun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zodat wrote: »
    Yea, this **** was an exploit so people could max a character in 2 days.

Don't **** with loot though. If your loot engine is correct there is no reason you should have to adjust it for foundry.

You can already max a character in 2 days doing Cryptic quests.
  • Options
    zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevink777 wrote: »
    2 days, make that less then 12 hours mate
    lol, yes, for me thats 2 days - 6 hours of play each. I rarely think of gaming as 24-hour cycles :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    altonimaraltonimar Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are so pathetic whining for you EXP / LOOT back its laughable. Play the game, its not yours, you did not develop it. If you don't like it don't play it. No one is forcing a gun to your head saying PLAY THIS GAME. No one cares you lost your easy access to Level 60. All you are doing is using exploits in the game. Honestly, I think everyone who participated in the exploit should have accounts banned and I.P. address banned. None of you have the right to judge the game in any way. Have any of you created a game better than this one. And before the trolls go at it. If you have you would be trying to please your own gamer's and trying to improve its life-span. All you are is a player in this game and you guys need to realize this. Cryptic does not care how much you whine. There was an exploit you guys abused it and they fixed it the way they saw fit. Just be glad its not as harsh a punishment it could be. Trust me if they intended for you to get to Level 60 or earn fast easy gold and items they could have gave you a button the face-roll over a couple thousand times. So again no one cares about your stupid 2013 feelings. Everyone thinks everything should be a hand-out. Like I said its so pathetic I read every post just to make my day better at how all of you actually fail. And, again thank you guys for being the general population trash that you guys are. Its times like these where I can sit back and go look at these ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    mrzeeckmrzeeck Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support the threadstarters post about bringing back both the loot and exp to what it was before it was nerfed in to the ground, there's no point to the foundry now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    altonimar wrote: »
    You guys are so pathetic whining for you EXP / LOOT back its laughable. Play the game, its not yours, you did not develop it. If you don't like it don't play it. No one is forcing a gun to your head saying PLAY THIS GAME. No one cares you lost your easy access to Level 60. All you are doing is using exploits in the game. Honestly, I think everyone who participated in the exploit should have accounts banned and I.P. address banned. None of you have the right to judge the game in any way. Have any of you created a game better than this one. And before the trolls go at it. If you have you would be trying to please your own gamer's and trying to improve its life-span. All you are is a player in this game and you guys need to realize this. Cryptic does not care how much you whine. There was an exploit you guys abused it and they fixed it the way they saw fit. Just be glad its not as harsh a punishment it could be. Trust me if they intended for you to get to Level 60 or earn fast easy gold and items they could have gave you a button the face-roll over a couple thousand times. So again no one cares about your stupid 2013 feelings. Everyone thinks everything should be a hand-out. Like I said its so pathetic I read every post just to make my day better at how all of you actually fail. And, again thank you guys for being the general population trash that you guys are. Its times like these where I can sit back and go look at these ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I was with you all then way...
    So again no one cares about your stupid 2013 feelings.

What does this even mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    altonimaraltonimar Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone now thinks everything should be easy and be handed to them and it didnt start in 2013 more around 2004 but before then everyone worked hard for there items and status ranks ect. And there were minimum complaints. We knew what the developers gave us and we were fine with it. And punishments were way more harsh. The majority followed the codes and guidelines and tried to establish for a better game. The gaming community now is just people wanting everything shiny and done for them they want to watch them game not play it.
  • Options
    fargardfargard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give xp back and fix those exploits/ban people using them. Stop being lazy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Everyone now thinks everything should be easy and be handed to them and it didnt start in 2013 more around 2004 but before then everyone worked hard for there items and status ranks ect. And there were minimum complaints. We knew what the developers gave us and we were fine with it. And punishments were way more harsh. The majority followed the codes and guidelines and tried to establish for a better game. The gaming community now is just people wanting everything shiny and done for them they want to watch them game not play it.
    Oh I understand. Yea, that's WoW's fault. Before 2004 people did not know what MMO meant.
    fargard wrote: »
    Give xp back and fix those exploits/ban people using them. Stop being lazy.
    There's a good chance the nerf was the sling before surgery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zodat wrote: »
    I was with you all then way...

What does this even mean?
    Sounds upset, maybe someone hurt their feelings? :p
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If I join a map, and fight an Ogre that fights back, and I KILL IT, I deserve the EXP and the Loot that it would normally hold. Today I tried to test it by joining a Solo Grind map. 5 spaced out Ogres, ready to fight to the death. I killed 2 of them and got EXP. I killed the 3rd and 4th ones and got no EXP. By the way: I DID THIS ON A GUARDIAN FIGHTER. It wasn't a high speed death kill, it was a standard slash slash hold up shield slash slash sort of fight. WE DO NOT WANT THE OGRE BOXES BACK YOU IGNORANT LITTLE MANCHILD, we want the rewards for our hard work.
  • Options
    xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecain wrote: »
    If I join a map, and fight an Ogre that fights back, and I KILL IT, I deserve the EXP and the Loot that it would normally hold. Today I tried to test it by joining a Solo Grind map. 5 spaced out Ogres, ready to fight to the death. I killed 2 of them and got EXP. I killed the 3rd and 4th ones and got no EXP. By the way: I DID THIS ON A GUARDIAN FIGHTER. It wasn't a high speed death kill, it was a standard slash slash hold up shield slash slash sort of fight. WE DO NOT WANT THE OGRE BOXES BACK YOU IGNORANT LITTLE MANCHILD, we want the rewards for our hard work.

Tru, like I said before there are many ways the Devs could of fix this "right." This is the 2nd patch since the _____ up(cant't use bad words) to foundry. The exp haven't change with this patch today. I might as well wait for ESO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Early Gamer Get the Levels"
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I killed 2 ogre, the third one gave me 0 xp and loot, so the 4th and so on...well done guys, you fixed what exactly?
  • Options
    aas1maraas1mar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep...
    only 2 Bars tops...
    then your at the XP max for a Foundry...
    plus the terrible loot tabel change for Foundrys?

You got to be kidding.
    Quests:
    German
    NW-DUXLONDF7 (Dorf in Flammen)

Work in progress:
    NW-DIRWLG4XZ (Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave Part 1)
  • Options
    kevink777kevink777 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it seems its back to how it was before patch .19 indeed.

only 2 ogre's give exp now while after .19 it was 3.
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are not kidding, well you know what? [_]D it's empty, they ruined it for me, guess ill just forget about the foundry...pretty a shame since it was a fun alternative to those otherwise boring, uninspiring and aberrant quests,

like the last 3 i just did.

Drunk npc asked me to kill 10 mobs in point A,
    I went back, he asked me to go collect 5 thing in point A...
    Back again...and in the end he said go to point A and kill 5 other mob that where in the same group of the first mob i killed..

WELL SIR YOU MUST BE SHOCKED BUT I CAN DO 3 THINGS AT SAME TIME -_-

what a joke...
  • Options
    delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They could do the thing CoH did with MA.... when the quests are approved by cryptic they get full foundry treatment, instead of gimped
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • Options
    top8top8 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem here is that there are no other options for leveling your character really. There is only one starting zone and one linear quest lines to run to level. So a lot of people after leveling one character were wanting to take a second character and level it with foundry content. It was a way to bypass the fact that they put so little leveling content in the actual game. But now any motivating to level an alt character is pretty much gone for me.
  • Options
    sundevil3sundevil3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delgatto42 wrote: »
    They could do the thing CoH did with MA.... when the quests are approved by cryptic they get full foundry treatment, instead of gimped
    That would be better than what they've done. When the XP nerf is so broad that it even gimps foundry quests like "I am Slayer," a featured quest and the winner of the foundry contest, you know it's gone too far.

Unfortunately, I doubt they have the manpower to examine the huge number of foundry quests that are being created.
  • Options
    xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a bigger problem then any of this. Cryptic Studios isn't listing to the larger player base. There are 10/1 who want the old foundry system back. What would they do if this player base leave? Another CoH is what I believe. Just sit back then listen to your players. Heck, just look at Eve Online. 10 years and counting bc their game is base on the players. The players ask for it then they get it. CoH was 10 years but not counting......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Early Gamer Get the Levels"
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • Options
    cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevink777 wrote: »
    2 days, make that less then 12 hours mate

and yes I agree it's good but I think they should just wipe all characters after open beta has ended and just refund the zen back to the accounts.

I have 2 60's that I leveled via the quests lines abit of foundry missions during foundry events. Normally getting 1 lvl or abit less depending on what lvl range.

I would be pissed at this point as I run elites all the time with my friends and we already received our 5 day headstart.

However if they do refund our Zen, sure reset...give us a 5 day headstart at the beginning of launch. Im sure you will only lose half your playerbase.
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    eros1986 wrote: »
    they are not kidding, well you know what? [_]D it's empty, they ruined it for me, guess ill just forget about the foundry...pretty a shame since it was a fun alternative to those otherwise boring, uninspiring and aberrant quests,

like the last 3 i just did.

Drunk npc asked me to kill 10 mobs in point A,
    I went back, he asked me to go collect 5 thing in point A...
    Back again...and in the end he said go to point A and kill 5 other mob that where in the same group of the first mob i killed..

WELL SIR YOU MUST BE SHOCKED BUT I CAN DO 3 THINGS AT SAME TIME -_-

what a joke...

Yeah it's such a shame.
  • Options
    neocom2aneocom2a Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay ..so they screwed Summoner's Trainingground I suppose? Didnt log into the game for few days when I figured they did something to my favorite map. And yeah, this is how I lvled in this game. Pvp and Foundry. Why? I can't stand the generic quest content this game offers. I dont wanna enter boring zones. I dont wanna take boring quests for bad xp. If there's a chance to have a better way of leveling, I gladly take it. Now that they took it from me I see no point in playing this game anymore. So cya guys, have fun with your instaned generic quest content. I'm done :)

Foundry ...was best thing this game had to offer, they killed it. GJ
  • Options
    professor411professor411 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm wondering why they even have a bonus foundry xp hour in the game any more. You hit the cap after you kill a few mobs and then get NO xp at all. How do you get this bonus xp during the foundry hour?
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Having just run the first two quests in Kammallicious' campaign, Banreth Curiosities (sorry for any misspelling on that) I find it horrible that even there I suffered from the XP nerf. These two quests are laid out VERY akin to Cryptic pacing, and have a very specific vibe of being in line with the content in the live game, and yet even in them I found my XP to be shut off during fights towards the end of the map because surprise surprise, it's been a few minutes and we've hit the XP cap.

I guarantee you, running a live quest under the same conditions that exist for the foundry currently would result in lots of lost XP. This is very specifically why this issue needs to be resolved and telling us that "it's fixed, we relaxed the restrictions" is total BS.

Cryptic, here's an idea for your QA department, load a internally designed map like the Merchant Guild Hall in the tower district into the Foundry, and run through it. I guarantee you will see a DIRECT correlation of just how bad the XP nerf is on Foundry content.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll sign this. Bring back xp and loot drops to pre-nerf levels.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    aas1maraas1mar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stupid thing ist...
    now you pick 2 quests... kill 2 ogres in each...
    and switch to the other quest...
    same result... just takes a bit longer

*sarcasm on*
    cant wait till they make a cooldown for every foundry/dungeon/arena...
    so you cant redo then in an instant
    *sarcasm off*

*facepalm*
    Quests:
    German
    NW-DUXLONDF7 (Dorf in Flammen)

Work in progress:
    NW-DIRWLG4XZ (Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave Part 1)
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exp should be recieved for doing the quest for sure, getting more for more length/size of mobs, along with whatever difficulty you play on..

Items should also drop in small increments, potions, identification scrolls, some gold, maybe even items every now and then.

Foundry is pretty pointless to half (or more) of the community who want to reach higher levels
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if intended... but ran two 35 minute-long foundries last night. Obviously the xp nerf still exists, I am just not sure how it works. I was killing mobs, getting xp... then the xp stopped and so did drops. Then after a few minutes it was as if it turned back on and so did the drops. Almost felt like there was an xp cap/5 minutes. The loot seemed back to normal during that time too.

Are chest rewards at the end nerfed too? My wife got a reward item as well as an amount of silver (11 SP). I received something like 13 SP @ lvl 42, and no item. This was after spending about 30 minutes in the quest. That does not seem like something that is worth my time as the time spent in quest is supposed to determine the reward.

No, I was not there for the story as it was a very challenging arena-style Foundry mission that allowed my wife and I to work on our tank/healer tactics. I like these as they present a very formidable challenge and great practice area for these types of things.

The patch made things "better" than they were, but it still needs adjustment.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    Having just run the first two quests in Kammallicious' campaign, Banreth Curiosities (sorry for any misspelling on that) I find it horrible that even there I suffered from the XP nerf. These two quests are laid out VERY akin to Cryptic pacing, and have a very specific vibe of being in line with the content in the live game, and yet even in them I found my XP to be shut off during fights towards the end of the map because surprise surprise, it's been a few minutes and we've hit the XP cap.
    Pretty much. Making things similar to Cryptic's content in terms of time fighting and encounter density for enemies on the map was my intent, to the point it's stated in the campaign description.

My quests do have more dialog than Cryptic quests in them if people want to talk more, but you can always select conversation option 1 to speed through the dialog and get to the killing for people that like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I ran The Assassin Chronicles on medium combat difficulty this morning for the first time. XP/loot nerfed as surprise surprise, my level 9 TR is able to mow things down quickly, which is exactly what the class is designed to do as a DPS. Not my fault I used a potion to keep going instead of running back to the campfire to heal.