test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Petition] Bring back Foundry EXP

123457»

Comments

• kithrankithran Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The most recent patch basically didn't change anything. Kill a few things, even in a non "grind" map, XP stops.

This is not a "fix".

Please do something with this. Foundry was touted as a viable route to level with - this is no longer the case. Not asking to be able to exploit the pits full of ogres, just asking for legitimate XP gains.

Basically, bump for attention.

THIS IS NOT FIXED WITH THE PATCH
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tend to agree that the changes fixed nothing. However, I need a longer spread of "time" before I can come up with exact numbers. This is doing standard "story" foundry content, by the way. An hour's worth of running at level 17 got me to level 18.

I've probably played about 8 hours of Foundry content since the nerf happened. I started at level 15. I'm now level 18 after three play sessions (one of two hours).

With standard content on my cleric, I don't even remember level 16-23, it went so fast.

Oh, and by the way, drops are totally fubar in Foundry. I'm getting items -2 to my level, a couple of +1s, but they are pretty much all either amulets or chest armor. I haven't had a weapon or off-hand drop since I started.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    Oh, and by the way, drops are totally fubar in Foundry. I'm getting items -2 to my level, a couple of +1s, but they are pretty much all either amulets or chest armor. I haven't had a weapon or off-hand drop since I started.

There is something messed up with items. I'm 60 running them, and they weren't farming quests, but some quests dropped stuff like normal, other quests dropped nothing. These were all quests on the "Best" tab too, decent stories, designs and all that, not just mobs in a field or on a ledge. It's all pretty much vendor trash to me at this point, but it's confusing to me for sure.
  • nuconmannuconman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure what the changes are exactly but somebody in their Foundry map comments said that if you gain more than 2 bars of experience within 4 minutes, it locks out any more experience gain or loot drops for a short period of time. Last night I tried a couple of different things. I ran two different "Kill 50 Wolves" and then a "Kill 50 Ogres". Neither quest were in a box types, they chased me and I had to kite, but as a CW I stomped their faces easily. I was checking to see if the exp/loot gains were based on killing too many of one type of monster. It doesn't matter. I killed the 50 wolves and got a little bit of experience and loot (they weren't elites), then killed 50 ogres and got nothing at all for any of them.

So it seems at the very least, if you run a map and get a lot of experience in that map, it'll lock you out of exp/loot gains for a while. How long that timer is I can't say, but it's at least 15 minutes. After waiting and not running anything for 15~30 minutes (I went away from keyboard a couple times so I don't have exact times), I ran the Kill 50 Ogres again and this time I got an entire level's worth of experience and tons of loot drops. So if anything changed, it's that the old system seems to work, except now each map has a timer before the exp/loot will reset so you can do it again. So you can use an Exp Exploit map with 50 ogres in a cage, wait at least 15 minutes, then do it again and the experience/loot you get will be very similar to how it was before the nerfs, but after you run that map, NONE of the foundry quests will give you exp/loot until that timer expires. So basically if you want fast experience and lots of the potions/identification scrolls, you'll have to wait at least 15 minutes between massive kill quest runs to get them. I'll mess with it more tonight and try a few more things, but that's my experience with the foundry as of last night.
  • sundevil3sundevil3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [post deleted]