Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/09/13

Comments

• Options
    johnnycashierjohnnycashier Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    Kind of funny every morning I wake up to play the servers are down...

Yes. EVERY morning this game is down. There are no players who made any progress. At all. I would imagine whenever it's possible to even login, every player is still level 1. Cause noone could ever login.

Has to be said: the login screen is very nice and appealing. Thousands of non-players have only seen this screen and are EVERY morning waiting to play.

*sigh*

-= build your own mmorpg you whiners =-
  • Options
    toira1toira1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narthec wrote: »
    Need optimize engine me friend and me have intel i7 and amd x8 gtx 670 and ati 7970 and have 20-30 fps in city

I have worst pc than you and i have more fps in city with nice graphics.
  • Options
    amanequessiamanequessi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They must hate the European players... or just don't give a ****.
    Second time they schedule a maintenance right in the middle of a holiday...
    By the way... Victory day was yesterday, the 8th of may.
    Today it's the 'Ascention', at least here in France.
    I guess they have already scheduled maintenance for the 14 July and 15 August !
  • Options
    starosanikenstarosaniken Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's always a holiday somewhere in the world to some group or other so it's impossible to cater to all of them.

Thanks for the brief history lesson. I had no idea what Victory Day was. Then I looked up the Wiki.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Day_(9_May)

As for "Ascension Day," it is an actual celebration, but it's pretty much one of those not so actually practiced days. It's classified as an observed day by only a few governments that I am aware of.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_the_Ascension
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Or you could just deal with a game thats in Beta needs to fix bugs. Or hell just deal with a MMO that needs to fix bugs. Servers need to come down for that. They arent catering to any specific region, they are working within their business hours.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up!
  • Options
    surtur2surtur2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It sucks but at least they are working to improve. A few hours out of game is not to bad
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Servers are up!

YAY. Half an hour early!
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Victory Day or 9 May marks the capitulation of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Germany to the Soviet Union in the Second World War (also known as the Great Patriotic War in the Soviet Union). It was first inaugurated in the fifteen republics of the Soviet Union, following the signing of the surrender document late in the evening on 8 May 1945 (after midnight, thus on 9 May, by Moscow Time). The Soviet government announced the victory early on 9 May after the signing ceremony in Berlin. Though the official inauguration happened in 1945 (which means it has been celebrated since 1946), the holiday became a non-labour day only in 1965 and only in some of the countries.
    Now thats just silly. But Christianity is silly to me in general.

And.... what, if anything, does this history lesson, and attack on people's beliefs, have to do with Maintenance?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd be happier if they would lower the cost of the Founder's Pack. Seriously? 200 USD? I have purchased several collector's editions of several games and never spent more than half that.
  • Options
    meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    escaeres wrote: »
    Wow...
    Serverdown on official holiday.
    Nice!

Oh? I didn't realize that Nueve de Mayo was a holiday. :-)
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    He's answering a question posed by another person about what holiday it was.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And.... what, if anything, does this history lesson, and attack on people's beliefs, have to do with Maintenance?

Attack on peoples beliefs? I am stating my opinion. Is that an attack now? Why didnt I get the memo?
  • Options
    qejserqejser Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Are you serious? It's freaking open beta, stop whining and be happy they fix things, even on a holiday...
  • Options
    toadalchaostoadalchaos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Now thats just silly. But Christianity is silly to me in general.

I agree about the sillyness, but (that I know of) it's actually the main reason for which the 9th of May is a holiday. At least, it's the only reeason for it in Switzerland and Italy, I know that for sure. No one talks about Victory day here, just about "Ascention".
    Not that I'm complaining - I get two days off school :)
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix the need/greed ninjas / pvp afk bots. that YES is important
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up but... why is the launcher saying there'll be an emergency maintenance from 9-12 AM PDT?
  • Options
    vezmirvezmir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because there'll be that maintenance, starting in 5 mins
  • Options
    mumitrollmumitroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have about the same system, and no issues with fps.
  • Options
    paultlpaultl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, server in dragon will be down for emergency maintenance in 5 mins i managed 10 mins of game play......
  • Options
    umbrasaumbrasa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the emergency is lasting twice as long as the planned maintenance? That's some emergency
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    Hey all, we're performing emergency maintenance on our network to improve stability and performance for everyone. This is expected to be perhaps 2-3 hours but we'll update you with any new updates here.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    I didn't realized I locked this thread. It's open now.
  • Options
    am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Second First!

Also, hopefully you guys get the rubberbanding in town under control this time.
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    God dammit i need to go to work

fock
  • Options
    artemiskitty1980artemiskitty1980 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So is that 2-3 hours starting when the servers shut down earlier or 2-3 hours after the post was made informing us of this? (i.e. 5+ hours total)
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope i won't be lagging that much anymore on lvl 43 skirmish, because was unplayable yesterday as cleric! :(
  • Options
    mateogonzalezmateogonzalez Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (9AM PDT): Emergency maintenance began to work on our network. We'll update you here. It is expected to last 2-3 hours. This will result in an even better Open Beta experience for you - and that's very important to us.

UHG WHY Cryptic.. and i just woke up.. :c
    WHYY do you have to be so responsible?
    It.. it pains me to say this but..
    keep up the good work..
    pleasepleaseplease doont take your time
    no ones rushing you C: :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So is that 2-3 hours starting when the servers shut down earlier or 2-3 hours after the post was made informing us of this? (i.e. 5+ hours total)

2-3 from the time of the post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    UHG WHY Cryptic.. and i just woke up.. :c
    WHYY do you have to be so responsible?
    It.. it pains me to say this but..
    keep up the good work..
    pleasepleaseplease doont take your time
    no ones rushing you C: :)

Downtime now = less downtime in the future. The best equation!
This discussion has been closed.